Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge! Completed! Thanks All!

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 1,912 comments
  • 77,568 views
paulmac2k9
I said I am running the Mini.. As I feel the Ruf is too fast over a distance with it's better tyre wear etc.

Personally I say remove the Ruf as even with my crazy limiting down to the Fwds speed it still isn't enough and the Ruf just dominates ST :indiff:.

It is rwd, isn't it? I may swap it for the ford focus. So that'd be 4 FF ST cars. Sounds good. Not sure when I'd add it, specing doesn't like me. And I don't really like it either.

So you ate in the mini? Seems like we may just do what we're doing with the Aston, just give it another race to make sure a change is needed.

And let's get a list going :)

GS:

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

ST:

1. Polarbear345
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
 
GS:

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

ST:

1. Polarbear345
2. GTP_PaulMac
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

Check edit btw 👍.
 
Sweeeeeet! Panda on a racecar?! If only we had a livery editor...

Oh well, glad to see you'll be there! If I recall correctly, it'll be our first go at a cape ring track! The esses will be great fun!
 
What is the schedule for tomorrow? I might make it.
 
cnd01
What is the schedule for tomorrow? I might make it.

The new norm. Race starts at 6:30ish my time.
 
GS:

1. MrMelancholy15 [Aston Martin FTW!]
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

ST:

1. Polarbear345
2. GTP_PaulMac
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

Personally I say remove the Ruf as even with my crazy limiting down to the Fwds speed it still isn't enough and the Ruf just dominates ST :indiff:. (Perhaps like Audi in S1 Rolex?)

Well, I'm not bragging, but, I didn't make a huge mistake anywhere in the season, to finish OUT of the podium. While I only one a single race, my points significantly contributed, by consistency of finishing...

But he needed a big boost. May have just been him, but no one else has signed up... So... May as well make him run up with us.

I see no problem with giving a little boost to the MINI. Remember ITCC pre-season? It had no horsepower on the straights, even though it was at 276 hp, and was "maxed out?"
 
Trust me on this one Mel. The previous Conti used the same 3 Fwds and the Mini had to be pegged back there to make it fair on the other cars... ITCC has alot of much faster Fwds like the VW Scirocco etc.

But if you wanna give the Mini more power fine... It'll just be too easy for me :(.

Also yeah Polar, only in Scotland do you find such wierd things on race cars :dopey:.
 
Trust me on this one Mel. The previous Conti used the same 3 Fwds and the Mini had to be pegged back there to make it fair on the other cars... ITCC has alot of much faster Fwds like the VW Scirocco etc.

But if you wanna give the Mini more power fine... It'll just be too easy for me :(.

Also yeah only in Scotland do you find such wierd things on race cars :dopey:.

Says the RUF driver. Also, tell that to "Russian Bears Motorsport."
 
paulmac2k9
Trust me on this one Mel. The previous Conti used the same 3 Fwds and the Mini had to be pegged back there to make it fair on the other cars... ITCC has alot of much faster Fwds like the VW Scirocco etc.

But if you wanna give the Mini more power fine... It'll just be too easy for me :(.

Also yeah Polar, only in Scotland do you find such wierd things on race cars :dopey:.

Well see how tomorrow goes :)
 
1. MrMelancholy15 [Aston Martin WFT!] Will fail tomorrow.
2. ghskilla - if I get home on time. Would you guys mind waiting 10-15 minutes if I don't make it?
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

ST:

1. Polarbear345
2. GTP_PaulMac
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
 
GHS, we may be using the timer.
 
Btw Mel I'm going for the Mini for the real season after seeing how much the Ruf had the advantage on tyre wear etc.. Was just too big an advantage imo..
 
paulmac2k9
Btw Mel I'm going for the Mini for the real season after seeing how much the Ruf had the advantage on tyre wear etc..

So it pretty much kicked balls all around?
 
Yeah atleast on the spec I took it down too on 1 lap pace it was only .2/.3 faster than the Mini/Vw with the Honda a few tenths back from them. But in the end it was still too fast.
 
paulmac2k9
Yeah atleast on the spec I took it down too on 1 lap pace it was only .2/.3 faster than the Mini/Vw with the Honda a few tenths back from them. But in the end it was still too fast.

Now if we had a Porsche boxster, not the tricked out one... But whatever... Thanks for being honest, we would've had a Rolex 1 Audi problem...
 
1. MrMelancholy15 [Aston Martin WFT!] Will fail tomorrow.

I refuse!
 
FTW backwards is WTF :dopey:.
 
GGGGgggggrrrrr, I try once, to show my passion for Aston Martin cars, and everyone teases me about it? :dopey: Hooray!

You just make it too easy. Heh.

Aanyways. Love the RUF, a bit slower on the straights compared to everyone else but its cornering is just perfect.
 
1. MrMelancholy15 [Aston Martin WFT!] Will fail tomorrow.
2. ghskilla - if I get home on time. Would you guys mind waiting 10-15 minutes if I don't make it?
3. ELmarcotuff fairlady Z
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

ST:

1. Polarbear345
2. GTP_PaulMac
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
 
1. MrMelancholy15 [Aston Martin WFT!] Will fail tomorrow.
2. ghskilla - if I get home on time. Would you guys mind waiting 10-15 minutes if I don't make it?
3. ELmarcotuff fairlady Z
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

ST:

1. Polarbear345
2. GTP_PaulMac
3. F_Filipe
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
 
Hopefully more than 3 per each class join :(. Wheres Fresh, Cnd etc? I hope tbs shows too so it's 2 Minis vs 2 Hondas :D.
 
paulmac2k9
Hopefully more than 3 per each class join :(. Wheres Fresh, Cnd etc? I hope tbs shows too so it's 2 Minis vs 2 Hondas :D.

Cnd said he can come, Seth isn't with us anymore.
 
Thought that was just Rolex...
 
Ah.. Btw just realised this is the track Toca used back when I got pole in the Mazda Atenza :D. (Was a Atenza in Newsham colours, avatar :D) We had no LSDes no Abs and 295 bhp and it was epic fun :).
 
Back