Coolest Engine/Chassis swaps you've seen (Hybrids)

Lets be real though. It's more then just for tire looks (after looking over the hybrid pic pages I'm shocked my RX-7 had smack talked about the wide stance, the wide over cambered cars there are a lil hard to kook at.....)

The real reason they are used is the lighter chassis weight, adjustable downforce (justify it with ballast and reduced downforce all you like, don't change it in my eyes) The performance benefits that come with a wider stance and a more rigid chassis. All of this distorts the character of the platform, removing the character of the Body (more like the skin) being used.

This is still a perceptual difference. The chassis "code" is exactly the same for all cars in the game. That's how vehicle systems for games is done.

Grip, rigidity, weight, weight distribution, wheelbase/track. The swap itself adds the ability for downforce but if you want to build a good 500-550 car, you'll want the downforce set to 0. Does it have extra grip? Yes, but only maybe 5% more based on what I've found so far, so you need to decide whether you want to decrease grip to increase HP or leave it and deal with the HP deficit.

Peugeot 908+Challenger
8650334173_bef3b1fb0a.jpg

1115kg. No downforce. Stock motor. 550pp

So, my point is that ANY chassis swap is not legit in reality. If you swap a unit body chassis from one car to the next, you're changing the car. However, can I get a challenger to be 1115kg with 50/50 weight? I think so.

This is Eric Bana's Ford Falcon. It's all the things that are supposedly not "legit" when it comes to a race car chassis swaps in GT5.
ericbana1.jpg

Anyway, it's all opinion. I don't worry so much about the real world legitimacy of any swap. I just want it to look clean and work properly.

I don't think the chassis code is the same for all cars in the game, I feel it's quite the opposite.

I think your taking it the wrong way. Or misunderstanding me, I apologize if I've not been clear.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the fine car you have built. It looks great and I'm sure it performs well also. That is a great way to Hybrid, I have one I built similar but even more crazy. I plan to build more.

I don't understand how it's so hard to see a difference, unless there is a unspoken reason, or a reason some are unwilling to accept. All I'm saying is there is a difference. A K20 EG is more Legit (in my definition) then that Challanger AND my Camaro.

Your Chally for example, WHY are you using a LMP Chassis? The wheels fit the wheel wells just fine stock chassis AND you can slam her all you like without the use of any sus or chassis code, just Hex the ride height ;) So your valiant defence of the use of the 908 chassis MUST be beyond what your admitting to if you can achieve said goals without the use of a LMP chassis ;) saying its nothing more then wheel placement is a already failed argument. If you accept there is a performance advantage to the LMP chassis, but as you say you don't worry about the legitimacy of your hybrids, I fail to see why you keep posting.

I think you fail to understand what I mean by "legit" that must be my fault for poorly explaining myself. Is that a LMP chassis under that Falcon? Didn't think so, it actually only debunks YOUR posted understanding of a "Legit" swap when YOU saY NO Swap is legit and some of us try to explain to you that in certain cases its perfectly fine, that Falcon being a prime example of one.

Honestly though your talking in circles this brings the debate nowhere, and your final thought on the end kinda contradicts your position in the debate. If you don't worry about the legitimacy of your hybrids why are you having such a hard time not worrying about my definition of a legit swap?

Last edited:
This is still a perceptual difference. The chassis "code" is exactly the same for all cars in the game. That's how vehicle systems for games is done.

Grip, rigidity, weight, weight distribution, wheelbase/track. The swap itself adds the ability for downforce but if you want to build a good 500-550 car, you'll want the downforce set to 0. Does it have extra grip? Yes, but only maybe 5% more based on what I've found so far, so you need to decide whether you want to decrease grip to increase HP or leave it and deal with the HP deficit.

Peugeot 908+Challenger
8650334173_bef3b1fb0a.jpg

1115kg. No downforce. Stock motor. 550pp

So, my point is that ANY chassis swap is not legit in reality. If you swap a unit body chassis from one car to the next, you're changing the car. However, can I get a challenger to be 1115kg with 50/50 weight? I think so.

This is Eric Bana's Ford Falcon. It's all the things that are supposedly not "legit" when it comes to a race car chassis swaps in GT5.
ericbana1.jpg

Anyway, it's all opinion. I don't worry so much about the real world legitimacy of any swap. I just want it to look clean and work properly.

Ok, Before I begin, I will state that I have a strong case of OCD so my stuff has to be right. I like my cars to feel and be proper when I drive them. And If the color starts to bug me it gets changed imedietly. I even rebuild (Including My Expensive Cars) cars all the time so that theyre in new condition next time I race them.

Why Am I saying this? So that you understand how I feel when you compare a god damn Le Mans Prototype Chassis that uses near Formula One Tech in racing automobiles to a freaking Trans-Am Style Ford Falcon with god knows what Chassis (Which you failed to Say). It matters not where your downforce is, what Truely affects the car is what that chassis really is. Trust me, I know, After trying for 8 hours to find the right race car chassis for a freaking ZR1 RM so it turns like its damn well supposed to, I'd Know.

Your also extremely wrong on the chassis "CODE" being the same. Bull. I got one for you. Take the R35 TC Chassis, then swap it with a wieder chassis. Whoops, you just lost 5 MPH (Top Speed). Because that chassis affects everything regardless if you "hex" them to have the same stats. So when you think because it fits the wheel base and isnt different, my my you are so wrong.

Oh, and heres one major thing that pisses me off about these stupid Le Mans Prototype Chassis Swaps. THERE IS A PERFECTLY GOOD DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8 TC CHASSIS YOU CAN USE THAT TURNS NICE AND NEAT! And if you dont really want the Performance Values, dont change the chassis, just slam the car, you people obviously fail to see what Legit and non-Legit swaps are. The Only guy here who seems to understand what I mean is FastASheck.

Look Im not trying to get all rough on you guys, and excuse my mild language but helll, really? You obviously dont understand true IRL physics of changing the chassis on a car. And is it a game? Exactly, but that Challenger is no more fake than that X1. That Peugeot 908 HDi Chassis changes every way that car acts on the track with or without downforce. It weighs excessively less even with added weight and is a way different car in terms of speed and stability.

Something that is legit is taking a 2007 Corvette C6.R Pratt & Miller Chassis and putting it in a street Z06 and reducing the Wheel Spacers. And if that isn't legit, oh hell, then I guess every race car ever made is fake huh. Because the only ones you really see the base chassis are the BTCC cars.

So please, before you compare unlegit from Erics Falcon to a Chally with a 908 Chassis, do your homework on race cars. Otherwise I guess Ferrari and Viper must be the most bs Race cars ever and major hackers for racing

Last edited:
you people obviously fail to see what Legit and non-Legit swaps are. The Only guy here who seems to understand what I mean is FastASheck.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's a matter of the only ones who seem to care about the arbitrary distinction are you and FastASheck.

Anyway, it seems that the RX-7 LM chassis is narrower than the RE Amiya one. Which isn't something I would have expected, honestly. It certainly doesn't look narrower in the original car; but it didn't have more downforce like I expected it to anyway (haven't driven the RX-7 LM in a long time, so forgot that stuff) so there wasn't any real benefit regardless. Also tried out the 2003 NSX JGTC in the F40 and it works real nice. Carries over the performance a lot better than the multipliered-down 787b engine I was trying, and it goes well with the interior gauges (F40s tach maxes at 10k, and the NSX engine maxes at 9800 with the racing exhaust).

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's a matter of the only ones who seem to care about the arbitrary distinction are you and FastASheck.

Anyway, it seems that the RX-7 LM chassis is narrower than the RE Amiya one. Which isn't something I would have expected, honestly. It certainly doesn't look narrower in the original car; but it didn't have more downforce like I expected it to anyway (haven't driven the RX-7 LM in a long time, so forgot that stuff) so there wasn't any real benefit regardless. Also tried out the 2003 NSX JGTC in the F40 and it works real nice. Carries over the performance a lot better than the multipliered-down 787b engine I was trying, and it goes well with the interior gauges (F40s tach maxes at 10k, and the NSX engine maxes at 9800 with the racing exhaust).

Then why do others get involved in the distinction as well if only me and Fast care?

Probably because they want to know why you're making the distinction in the first place rather than any actual attachment to your reasoning. Seems kinda moot to me to fight over which form of hacking the game save produces more legitimate results than others.

Perhaps we can get back to which chassis and engine swaps produce cool results than the side discussion about which ones are more "legitimate"?

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's a matter of the only ones who seem to care about the arbitrary distinction are you and FastAShecK

:crazy:

You say we are the only ones who care about an "arbitrary" distinction when IN FACT it is the furthest thing from an arbitrary distinction. Sounded really good though. lol

Lets be real, the LMP chassis is used to get LMP car handling in a Street car. The ones with such a hard time accepting the difference are the ones who claim they only use the LMP chassis for looks. BULL CRAP! A 550PP LMP car in Street Car clothes is faster than the regular old street car at 550PP, so basically it's a hidden advantage some are trying to get accepted as non existent lol it's a joke at this point.. None blinder then those who refuse to see, lol it's almost like the ABS-1 crowd playing like ABS-1 is assist free driving lmfao.....

SOME of us are actually recreating Real Cars and see a difference in them and these LMP cars wearing street car skin...........

This topic WOULD NOT be derailed if the use of LMP chassis as legit swaps were not being defended as legit with baseless points and incorrect reasoning... Or if they would get their damn facts straight....

Last edited:
You say we are the only ones who care about an "arbitrary" distinction when IN FACT it is the furthest thing from an arbitrary distinction.

Then why don't you make a thread listing all of the chassis swaps that are "legitimate" for each car and let the people trying to discuss which ones they think are cool (which is, you know, the point of the topic) do so.

And yes, when it comes to hacking the save game to change car data to suit your wants, the concept of legitimacy already went out the window so it is IN FACT an arbitrary distinction.

Probably because they want to know why you're making the distinction in the first place rather than any actual attachment to your reasoning. Seems kinda moot to me to fight over which form of hacking the game save produces more legitimate results than others.

Perhaps we can get back to which chassis and engine swaps produce cool results than the side discussion about which ones are more "legitimate"?

I was comparing my "Legitimate" results to that of real life, not that game. THe distinction of legit has to do with whether or not it makes sense rather than throwing a 908 into a challenge. I dont care if it doesnt seem legit. My perspective is don't call one that is legit not. That soul comment practically offends the entire Real Life Racing Community such as ALMS, FIA GT1, Ect. All those cars do a specific made chassis swap from the original car. Thats why it makes me made when someone calls that Falcon non-legit while it is an excellent example of a true chassis swap and race modified car. Thats the problem Im having with this.

Then why don't you make a thread listing all of the chassis swaps that are legitimate and illegitimate for each car and let the people trying to discuss which ones they like do so in peace.

I dont really think your getting the point.

So just deal with it I guess?

I dont really think your getting the point.
The point is "blah blah he called the 908 swapped Challenger legit and that offends me enough to bury the topic under 3 pages of arguing over it because I care about his word choice for some reason."

At which point, see sentence above.

So just deal with it I guess?

The point is "blah blah he called the 908 swapped Challenger legit and that offends me enough to bury the topic under 3 pages of arguing over it because I care about his word choice for some reason."

At which point, see sentence above.

Maybe he should have got his facts right rather than starting a giant confusion with the rest of the group.

I get exactly what you're trying to say. I'm just at a complete loss for why I should care how "legitimate" you find the chassis swaps I do in the game are; or why anyone should be bothered which slang words Hei used to describe his Challenger in the first place.

You should join the Shift 3 development Team T. Wait, is there gonna B a Shift 3 lol

However I did take in a piece of info from you to use. Let the silly crap go on in here and start a thread for people a little bit more serious (a little more GT, quite a bit less Shift) about engine swaps.

Last edited:
This whole thing came up because Sheck called Voodoo's challenger un-legit. Then this whole thing fell into chaos because a couple elitists are trying to define what is "legit." People are going to play the game however they want, and putting a definition on what counts as a "Cool Chassis Swap" as stated by this thread won't happen because individuals have different tastes in their hybrids. Hybrids have offered us great freedom on customization within this game. Just because a few people don't like what some are doing doesn't mean this thread should come to this.

It used to be engine swaps was a feature wanted in GT, and I was upset it got in Forza but still not GT. I guess owning a IRL engine swapped car, and with that comes being part of a crowd into that sort of thing (Welcome to My World) I'm a little bit strict and take it a bit personal, Just like some folks here into LMP take it a bit personal if the facts posted about LMP cars is molested and the use of LMP parts considered "arbitrary".....

SOOO, back to the topic

M3 07 (E92 I think?) Fits in a bunch of cars. The C63 Merc, and the 70 and 71 mustang (even though the wheelbase should be a mismatch in real life) and the z28.

Update! - I tried the 03 BMW M3 CSL and M3 GTR chassis and they are also perfect matches for wheelbase and BETTER matches for track. This is a definite MUST for the Transcammer since the 07 M3 is a bit too wide. I'd post new pics, but in all honesty, it looks exactly the same.

8657563683_5de8c6aff8.jpg

8657564011_5a91912517.jpg

and the SRT8 chassis fits perfect under the superbird

8658669770_72a5c9c76c.jpg

Last edited:
Just like some folks here into LMP take it a bit personal if the facts posted about LMP cars is molested and the use of LMP parts considered "arbitrary".....

I love LMP, I watch Lemans for the full 24 hours, but I'm not offended that someone would dare put a Peugeot chassis underneath a Challenger. It makes very little sense, but that's the achilles heel to all of it. People have freedom to do what they want with their own cars in their own game, so why try and limit that? Its part of the fun, knowing that I'm not limited by real life physics or possibilities, so I have fun with it, rather than hate on it because it can't happen in real life. Instead of looking at this like real life, I've taken a step back to just enjoy some of the crazy machines people have created.

People spend a lot of time on these frankenstein cars, tuning them to be their ideal version of said car. I don't touch Ferrari's in the game, I love Ferrari's just the way they are and they're perfect to me. But I don't get on people's cases when the put Engine tuning on it, or whatever, because they're enjoying the game in the same way I enjoy putting an R92CP chassis under my Aristo.

I love LMP, I watch Lemans for the full 24 hours, but I'm not offended that someone would dare put a Peugeot chassis underneath a Challenger. It makes very little sense, but that's the achilles heel to all of it. People have freedom to do what they want with their own cars in their own game, so why try and limit that? Its part of the fun, knowing that I'm not limited by real life physics or possibilities, so I have fun with it, rather than hate on it because it can't happen in real life. Instead of looking at this like real life, I've taken a step back to just enjoy some of the crazy machines people have created.

People spend a lot of time on these frankenstein cars, tuning them to be their ideal version of said car. I don't touch Ferrari's in the game, I love Ferrari's just the way they are and they're perfect to me. But I don't get on people's cases when the put Engine tuning on it, or whatever, because they're enjoying the game in the same way I enjoy putting an R92CP chassis under my Aristo.

Wasn't talking about you (should be obvious who I was talking about, seriously) Some people doesn't mean everybody.

But nuff said already your just taking us back around in circles missing the point. I figure a thread for more serious swaps is in need, and the "Cool chassis swap" cars can live here free.

Is there wheel clipping on that one?

There is if you drop the body too much. The front tires will clip out above the fender openings. I set the height of this to 65 f/r (so -15 if you are using the suspension from the v12lm or R8 racecar) and I haven't noticed any clipping issues. This one is running 3.5 camber on the front.

I get exactly what you're trying to say. I'm just at a complete loss for why I should care how "legitimate" you find the chassis swaps I do in the game are; or why anyone should be bothered which slang words Hei used to describe his Challenger in the first place.

Yea, I guess theres obviously no point to this. Not going to get anywhere. But its not exactly slang if its entirely incorrect, I'll say that. That's why people got confused because the Audi R10 TDI and the Peugeot 908 HDi (He said HDi) are two completely different cars.

Seeing as the Eagle Talon is really a Mitsubishi Eclipse, that's a totally legit swap.

Back