Coolest Engine/Chassis swaps you've seen (Hybrids)

Hei
It's fine with the chassis it has.

:irked:

I meant you might wanna drop the "HDi" from the description you give of the car, since it doesn't have any HDi parts and since obviously saying you have a R10 HDi in your Chally is incorrect and serves only to confuse people.

Wow, seriously.

It's like saying you got a Mustang Camaro chassis in your very British MG lol get it? I'm starting to think you just don't understand...

Who cares? How many people were actually confused by the statement, and why does it justify the last 2 pages being little more than you trying to force him to stop saying it?

Last edited:
Hei
It does have one thing from the HDi, the chassis :P

So if its got the Body of a Challenger with the Peugeot HDi chassis and a viper v10 what does it have from a Audi R10? Or is there another R10 I'm unaware of.

Simply because he has yet to clarify... R10 & Peugeot HDi are 2 different cars, and it seems he thinks they are one lol well he can at any time simply clarify his comment and that would end it....

Last edited:
I never once said mine had the Peugeot chassis, so keep reading and try comprehending 👍

Hei
It does have one thing from the HDi, the chassis :P

Personally after reading all the posts about this car, you might as well call it the Mopar Challenger V-10 Drag Pack since calling it an HDi is super wrong regardless because its a reference to the Diesal Injecters on a Diesal engine which the Viper engine has none of which brings to the conclusion that it cant be a Dodge Challenger Viper HDi THingy.

Just call it something that makes sense, thats where your confusing people. Not to mention that the R10 is a TDI, not an HDi, so technically its wrong entirelly. I understand my words may be jumbled a bit here, but You gotta get your cars and componets right. You can call it an HDi/TDI when its a damn diesal.

Personally after reading all the posts about this car, you might as well call it the Mopar Challenger V-10 Drag Pack since calling it an HDi is super wrong regardless because its a reference to the Diesal Injecters on a Diesal engine which the Viper engine has none of which brings to the conclusion that it cant be a Dodge Challenger Viper HDi THingy.

Just call it something that makes sense, thats where your confusing people. Not to mention that the R10 is a TDI, not an HDi, so technically its wrong entirelly. I understand my words may be jumbled a bit here, but You gotta get your cars and componets right. You can call it an HDi/TDI when its a damn diesal.

Thanks, I thought I was going a lil crazy and I'm not even big on LMP stuff. Just every snarky remark made is a mixup of parts n not making any sense.

Hei
Not calling it an HDi, I'm just correcting on what chassis I used.

Hei
"It does have one thing from the HDi, the chassis"

Well Whatever your calling it, your chassis name is wrong. There is no such thing as an Audi R10 HDi. There is only the Audi R10 TDi (Turbo Diesel Injected) So please, before getting annoyed with why people are confused with you, make sure your stuffs right. Seriously, just get it right.

Thanks, I thought I was going a lil crazy and I'm not even big on LMP stuff. Just every snarky remark made is a mixup of parts n not making any sense.

Yea, I know a crap ton on the LMP stuff so when someones arguing about something theyre wrong on, It kinda annoys my OCD for Perfection on topics.

So confused on the last two pages. Makes not sense

Well that's what happens when people aren't clear on they're cars (or anything for that matter). I mean I understand how you get it mixed up, but damn, you think you'd catch on after 2 pages of people talking about the Peugeot 908 HDi.

(Just a note, I have pretty infinite knowledge[Really Good] On Le Mans Stuff, so I do know what Im talking about when it comes to the HDi and TDi. After all, I practically only run LMGTEs on my free time. Favs the Viper at 443HP/1240KG)

Esgaloth
Well that's what happens when people aren't clear on they're cars (or anything for that matter). I mean I understand how you get it mixed up, but damn, you think you'd catch on after 2 pages of people talking about the Peugeot 908 HDi.

(Just a note, I have pretty infinite knowledge[Really Good] On Le Mans Stuff, so I do know what Im talking about when it comes to the HDi and TDi. After all, I practically only run LMGTEs on my free time. Favs the Viper at 443HP/1240KG)

Love that viper too. My favorite team at the time

Love that viper too. My favorite team at the time

Definetly a dominate force at Le Mans. I root for the current SRT Team in ALMS. And Porsche AG Manthey in WEC. I think the Viper GTS-R is one of the more fun cars to race. I run it in my FIA GTE Series.

Last edited:
Thanks, my very limited LMP knowledge even had me scratching my head :irked: I even spelled out his mistake and gave him the opportunity to clarify, but it's like he doesn't get it :banghead: well silence can be very revealing, hope this is a dead topic. Thanks for bringing that knowledge to the table to spell it out once and for all.

Do you think that PD may bless us with the new Audi LM car with the closed canopy? That would be a cool chassis to build a Hybrid LMP car with.

Also I'm no drifter and even more so, I haven't a clue on how to tune a drift car, but that video posted earlier has me wanting to try out the GT5 drifting once more, as I tried around patch 1.07 and couldn't drift for the life of me, but might also be a combo of a bad set up with no skill.

I'd like to build a drifter to the spec and tune of those cars in the video, they looked like epic drift machines. Are the Tunes and specs something I can get in a PM (no code, needed), just what parts mods and tune, if willing, they might be like drag tunes and kept secrete, if so, I understand.

The MP4-12C engine works really well with the Lancia Delta. It'll do the mile just faster than a Gallardo stock and with a bit of tuning it's a kickass rally car.

Thanks, my very limited LMP knowledge even had me scratching my head :irked: I even spelled out his mistake and gave him the opportunity to clarify, but it's like he doesn't get it :banghead: well silence can be very revealing, hope this is a dead topic. Thanks for bringing that knowledge to the table to spell it out once and for all.

Do you think that PD may bless us with the new Audi LM car with the closed canopy? That would be a cool chassis to build a Hybrid LMP car with.

Also I'm no drifter and even more so, I haven't a clue on how to tune a drift car, but that video posted earlier has me wanting to try out the GT5 drifting once more, as I tried around patch 1.07 and couldn't drift for the life of me, but might also be a combo of a bad set up with no skill.

I'd like to build a drifter to the spec and tune of those cars in the video, they looked like epic drift machines. Are the Tunes and specs something I can get in a PM (no code, needed), just what parts mods and tune, if willing, they might be like drag tunes and kept secrete, if so, I understand.

Im doubt that the Audi R18 e-Tron Quattro will hit GT5, but GT6 is a possibility. I know Project C.A.R.S. has the Audi R18 TDi. And just for lols, the e-Trons already a Hyrbid (Electric/Diesel) so I think Audi beat you to it XD.

Im not really much for drifting either. Dont car for it. Or Drag Racing. Im a straight up track guy. GTs being my favorite cars to drive, I strongly enjoy racing them in Regulation style. (400-500HP/1240KG)

Also, Its kinda funny how that guy has yet to respond. He probably realised that he made a Bone-Head mistake but I hate it when people dont research theyre stuff before they go spouting off at others about it.

Oh and as for the LMP knowledge. If you ever have questions about them or GT cars for that matter, dont be afraid to ask. I know my research on them. And as for the ones in GT5, I can give you info on them as well.

Last edited:
Just so I understand the rational, what exactly is the objection to using a chassis file from an LMP? To me, they're just good chassis files to start from.

Im doubt that the Audi R18 e-Tron Quattro will hit GT5, but GT6 is a possibility. I know Project C.A.R.S. has the Audi R18 TDi. And just for lols, the e-Trons already a Hyrbid (Electric/Diesel) so I think Audi beat you to it XD.

Im not really much for drifting either. Dont car for it. Or Drag Racing. Im a straight up track guy. GTs being my favorite cars to drive, I strongly enjoy racing them in Regulation style. (400-500HP/1240KG)

Also, Its kinda funny how that guy has yet to respond. He probably realised that he made a Bone-Head mistake but I hate it when people dont research theyre stuff before they go spouting off at others about it.

Oh and as for the LMP knowledge. If you ever have questions about them or GT cars for that matter, dont be afraid to ask. I know my research on them. And as for the ones in GT5, I can give you info on them as well.

It's too bad, looks sweet, and I love a car built with a competitor in mind. :)

His lack of response tells me he realizes he's had his foot in his mouth for a few pages. :scared:

I'm at the point I dabble around so much I'm the Jack of all racing series and master of none. The Weekend Warrior Racer lol looking to try a lil drifting.

Just so I understand the rational, what exactly is the objection to using a chassis file from an LMP? To me, they're just good chassis files to start from.

No objection to using them at all.

Lets be real though. It's more then just for tire looks (after looking over the hybrid pic pages I'm shocked my RX-7 had smack talked about the wide stance, the wide over cambered cars there are a lil hard to kook at.....)

The real reason they are used is the lighter chassis weight, adjustable downforce (justify it with ballast and reduced downforce all you like, don't change it in my eyes) The performance benefits that come with a wider stance and a more rigid chassis. All of this distorts the character of the platform, removing the character of the Body (more like the skin) being used.

ANY car using a LM chassis IS a LM car with a visible body of a different car floating around it. SERIOUSLY what handling character is in the body code? The last remaining character (after the chassis code) is in the suspension code (another thing I leave as is on a "Legit" swap and that's very cookie cutter in GT5. So far the only real changing variable in the sus code (after setting limits and default position) is the wheel rate that I believe to be pretty much the only variable in the suspension code aside from limits and default settings. So as the chassis character is in the chassis and suspension code, Ill take as much as I can get in order to recreate the IRL cars as much as possible, and keep my Swaps Legit.

These cars are usually as PP limited and equalized as any other car in GT5, while LMP chassis swapped cars are Wolfs in sheepskin clothing. Way beyond a sleeper, it's at the point of cheesing. However if a bunch of LMP swapped cars want to race or compare times that is cool, I just see them as different to a recreation of IRL swapped cars.

When hacking cars and trying to recreate swaps that are done IRL this in my eyes is to simulate the car that GT won't allow us to build in the game, I would think this would come with people wanting that experience simulated as best as possible (We are talking about Gran Turismo, not Shift) and when I call a swap "Legit" I'm NOT just referring to a engine swap that is done IRL, but a car that best recreates that car as if the engine swap is allowed in the game. IF GT5 did have a engine swap option in the game, there would not be a chassis swap option....

This is a Legit swap

5-Dime SR20DET

GrandValleySpeedway_1_zps026856b5.jpg

It's a recreation of a engine swap that is commonly done. You can buy a kit to swap a SR20DET into a 5-Dime just like there are kits to drop a LS1 in a RX-7, so as crazy as a LS7 RX-7 may be, it is one of the more legitimate swaps done. Or Honda 4 banger swaps, Hyundai's with 4G63 power plants etc, this is the stuff that gets done IRL and why I consider them Legit, Viper Engines in Challengers riding on LMP car chassis don't exist anywhere and most likely wont ever.........

As seen here

79416dbb6dbcd46d711528ee5abd57cd_zps661c40b7.jpg

467eb1ceba8f74c0d5e9aeb6938c2a5e_zps55367927.jpg

9ef0ef89885bac5b883d392bfdf7a51d_zps89d35ee8.jpg

c70a59f5bad48ec0296f430cf0b6e803_zpsa3de4e62.jpg

d9d5af935393569a01ca7695cc5cd452_zps9e7a678c.jpg

Not one has a LMP chassis swap lol...

I just see cars done to be serious recreations of legit swaps to retain the chassis of the car they are recreating.

I hope this clarifies what I mean by Legit, and the difference of a Legit Swap and a LMP chassis swapped street car. I don't condemn the use of LMP chassis, I just don't consider cars running them to be "Legit" swaps

Last edited:
Would you consider it legit to use a racecar chassis for making race versions of road cars in the game?
E.g sticking the WRC Focus chassis under a road focus (keeping it FF though) then tuning it to BTCC specs?

Would you consider it legit to use a racecar chassis for making race versions of road cars in the game?
E.g sticking the WRC Focus chassis under a road focus (keeping it FF though) then tuning it to BTCC specs?
Most of my hexed cars involve making a RM version of cars. I have made a Superbird with the C60 Hybride chassis, with the intent of replicating a stockcar version, the chassis was overkill. While, with enough money a person could develop a LMP chassis for an old racecar. I think it would be extremely unlikely due to the cost. That said, the car is a lot of fun and at the end of the day it's my fantasy racing sim. I don't try to legitimize my fantasies with anyone, people either share them or they don't.

TL;DR: I think it's legit.

Yeah actually, my opinion of that is its fine, a great way to hybrid. I only see it being different to a Legit swap like a different category, like a Race built machine, only more of a Fantasy build (like the XO1) then a real life swapped car simulation. I see the use of LMP chassis being pushed as a "ohh it's just to fix the wheels" is plain BS and an attempt to get the use of them accepted like ABS-1 (BS) so they can keep running them for all the reason I posted earlier....

A Civette should have all the quirks a IRL version has, not planted with a LMP chassis.

What I don't like is LMP chassis being used on hybrids representing Legit IRL swaps. It irks me. I have no problems with fantasy cars, just people building them and refusing to accept it as a fantasy build.

I got a few Hybrids that are race built machines, I don't see anything wrong with that. I got a Street Camaro running a LM Camaro chassis, Turbo + SC Boosted LS1, ohh yeah IROC Camaro :sly:

Last edited:
Yeah actually, my opinion of that is its fine, a great way to hybrid. I only see it being different to a Legit swap like a different category, like a Race built machine, only more of a Fantasy build (like the XO1) then a real life swapped car simulation.

What I don't like is LMP chassis being used on hybrids representing Legit IRL swaps. It irks me. I have no problems with fantasy cars, just people building them and refusing to accept it as a fantasy build.

It's a video game.

It's a video game.

Right on! It is a game trying to rep a Sim. But the use of "it's a game" to suit your position is weak. When I believe you yourself talk smack about times posted with RSS, and you didn't seem to care about it being just a game then ;) not that it makes a difference because it really doesn't. You are correct it is only a game, and even if its a sim, it's only a sim. I don see how seeing a difference in legit swaps and Fantasy builds has any relevance to it just being a game. Even if just a game, don't we choose how we play, and are we not playing GT5 over titles like Shift for a reason?

I'm not telling people to Play their copy of the game any different then they want to. I'm actually all for it and I got my fantasy hybrids also.

I just accept there is a difference in a Legit Swap and my Fantasy Builds.

My position is to promote legit style swaps because that's what I like. I won't say anybody is doing anything wrong (lol or immoral lol) I just won't accept a LMP chassis to be considered a legit swap and I don't buy the "it's just for looks" Bull Crap....

Last edited:
I thought this thread was about cool engine and chassis swaps. But I see the last few days it has degenerated to a "legit or not debeate". Sems to be just a matter of opinion. Oh well, unsubscribed.

I thought this thread was about cool engine and chassis swaps. But I see the last few days it has degenerated to a "legit or not debeate". Sems to be just a matter of opinion. Oh well, unsubscribed.

+1

I used to come here for ideas for what to build... so much for that. 👎

Back