Coolest Engine/Chassis swaps you've seen (Hybrids)

Voodoovaj
Again, there is a need to remember, the chassis not not actually a chassis it's just a file. There is no physical chassis model.

The chassis of the Peugeot and the Challenger and the Tank Car...everything in the game... are all the same thing. The chassis file contains weight, weight distribution, wheel placement, grip, and rigidity.

You can achieve the same result by taking the Challenger TC chassis and adding a weight reduction on top of it, then put some ballast back into it, then add some grip. It's the long way around to achieving the same end. The notion that there are actual "parts" is a complete illusion.

The body and the engine sound are the only elements that are close to the parts that exist in real life. Beyond that, it's just a bunch of files with limited value ranges.
All i have to say is...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwjuudNgLAs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

But no we all know that. And it is the same senaryo in every game.

@ Voodoovaj

WOW you have a good keen grasp of the obvious. Here is some knowledge for you professor. Water is wet, take that tidbit of info home and study it, we going to the ocean for a pop quiz tomorrow...

Hei
Woah, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. My Chally a R10 chassis. It has a Viper V10 making 630 hp. All chassis swaps are unrealistic. What, you're going to cut the entire bottom of a car an add it to another?

Now that's just Rude, but yah wanna go there...

LMFAO, Im sorry, but you need to learn how to speak if others are supposed to understand you....

you said

Hei
No chassis swaps are legit. I have a R10 HDI in my challenger. I removed the downforce and added weight. She sits at 1387 kg and is as American as ever.

Never saw Viper Engine, and you also said R10 HDI, Excuse me if Im mistaken (or supposed to know every little number in the automotive world) But is it not the R10 OR the Peugeot 908 HDi? Either way LMP car chassis talk about raising weight and lowering downforce and saying "R10 in my chally" had me thinking it was R10 powered because you neglected to mention anything about a Viper V10

How is this exactly "in" your challenger?? If you want to talk about comprehension... Did you put it in the trunk? lol NEGLECTING to mention any Viper power plant, and referencing not just one but two LMP cars had me under the impression it was a LMP car with Challenger skin, ohh yeah, you added weight and lowered downforce, lol...

I know now its a LMP car with Challenger Skin and a Viper engine ;) thanks for clearing that up, nothing fantasy about that, you added weight and lowered the downforce lol...

Point is you don't have to agree with me, as I don't have to agree with you. MY OPINION may differ from yours, there is no reason we cant get along :) don't get personal talking about my comprehension as if I'm stupid because I misunderstood your unclear indecisive posting. If you don't like my opinion, debate the opinion with tangible facts or countering logic of your own.

Hei
Not when you remove the downforce and re-add the weight.

Dropping the Downforce and adding weight doesn't change anything about it. Makes very little difference in my eyes. If you add back weight and lower downforce ask yourself "Why am I swapping the chassis at all"???? A LMP Peugot Chassis under an American muscle car is ridiculous, even silly to call "Legit".

What Side are you on????? On one hand you say ALL Chassis swaps are not Legit, then on the other you try to justify YOUR chassis swap with "ohh I added weight and removed downforce" like that makes a difference.

I think BNR34 Chassis Swapped under a R34 is perfectly realistic, as Im simulating the SAME car with different paint / body panels / ground effects, etc. the same as a RE Chassis Hexed on a RX-7 ;) IN NO WAY does running a LMP chassis with some weight added and downforce minimized even come close to the same thing ;) IMHO

Last edited:
So you cut one R34 and put it under the other? Lovely that makes it so much more realistic. We were talking about chassis, and never even mentioned power plants at 1st because i didn't think I needed to clarify, guess I have to with you.

Dropping the Downforce and adding weight doesn't change anything about it. Makes very little difference in my eyes. If you add back weight and lower downforce ask yourself "Why am I swapping the chassis at all"????

Better wheel offset. No more, no less.

Hei
So you cut one R34 and put it under the other? Lovely that makes it so much more realistic. We were talking about chassis, and never even mentioned power plants at 1st because i didn't think I needed to clarify, guess I have to with you.

WOW bro, this is hard for you to comprehend yet you have the audacity to talk smack about my comprehension.

Ill dummy it down for you since your forcing me to.

A BNR34 is a R34. Mines starts off with a R34 to build up the BNR34, they don't have to add stickers and a body kit. If you buy a BNR34 you can remove any decals and change the body kit all you like....

I'm not simulating """cut one R34 and put it under the other"""" that is ridiculous to say the least.

I'm simulating a BNR34 with no decals or ground effects. How hard is that to understand???

You really think a BNR34 with no body kit and decals is unrealistic????? Seriously?? With your V10 LMP Chally? ROFLMFAO Thanks needed that...

FastAShecK
WOW bro, this is hard for you to comprehend yet you have the audacity to talk smack about my comprehension.

Ill dummy it down for you since your forcing me to.

A BNR34 is a R34

Im not simulating """cut one R34 and put it under the other"""" that is ridiculous to say the least.

Im simulating a BNR34 with no decals or ground effects. How hard is that to understand???

It's not. I get what you are doing. Basically making a "sleeper" Mine's R34

Because its just damn code. You are still adding bits from one car to another. You still get all the aero benefits of the mines when you swap the chassis. Never said my car was realistic, it just looks damn good. Not many cars with a 116 to 117 inch wheel base in GT5. All I'm altering is how the wheels fit.

Better wheel offset. No more, no less.

What do you mean by this? The wider stance? I though that the wide stance was frowned upon.

Do you really think the wheel offset changes chassis to chassis? I always just assumed the offset was one of those Cookie Cutter things and all wheels of the same side have the same offset. I never analyzed it further.

Hei
Because its just damn code. You are still adding bits from one car to another. You still get all the aero benefits of the mines when you swap the chassis. Never said my car was realistic, it just looks damn good. Not many cars with a 116 to 117 inch wheel base in GT5. All I'm altering is how the wheels fit.

Agreed that's why i remove downforce completely

When I made the RE Amemiya FD3S touge car i put the downforce at 0 front and rear and it even removed the adjuster in the tuning menu completely

What do you mean by this? The wider stance? I though that the wide stance was frowned upon.

Do you really think the wheel offset changes chassis to chassis? I always just assumed the offset was one of those Cookie Cutter things and all wheels of the same side have the same offset. I never analyzed it further.

Yes wider stance. But some people, like me, just want the wheels/tires to fill out the fenders better. I am NOT a "stance" crazy person that likes 7 degrees of camber to keep the tires in the fenders. Some cars need crazy help in this department like the Silvia S15 that PD should have fixed a long time ago...

And yes, this changes from chassis to chassis based on track width measurements.

Hei

What I'm doing is using HxD to manipulate the code to simulate cars I feel are realistic. I find any hacking in the game that produces a reproduction of something really being done in the real world is legit. Like a LS1 RX-7 :sly: Or SR20DET 5-Dime :sly: Or as it was nicely put a "Sleeper BNR34" Last time I checked a BNR34 was street legal, and not a LMP Race built car ;) Whatever manipulation used to produce a decal body kit free BNR34, the end result is a realistic car...

And yes, this changes from chassis to chassis based on track width measurements.

Wider stance and wheel offset are not the same thing.

The stance being wider from chassis to chassis is whats different visually with the wheels being moved out, it is not the offset, that's simply a wider stance, the Hubs are further apart.

Last edited:
So just because i used a race chassis and removed all the "race" from it, it isn't street legal?

@ FastAShecK
In a look aspect
All i meant by "sleeper" was you want it to have the Mine's R34 without any decals. Basically like a rusted looking muscle car with a clean beautiful big block underneath.

Basically it looks like crap from the outside. But on the inside it is beautiful ("sleeper")

Last edited:
Wider stance and wheel offset are not the same thing.

I'm not stupid, I know that.

The stance being wider from chassis to chassis is whats different visually with the wheels being moved out, it is not the offset, that's simply a wider stance, the Hubs are further apart.

The point is, it's being done in game for better fitment. Doesn't matter what it is.

I'm not stupid, I know that.

The point is, it's being done in game for better fitment. Doesn't matter what it is.

Apologies, I never ment to imply that. I was confused over you mentioning the offset changes, I thought you really meant the offset and not just the wider stance from hub relocation. Yah never know it could of made the rims deeper with a change in offset (like a chassis not only moved the wheel hubs out, but also pushes the wheel out on the hub making the rim deeper) if it would be in the game, but since its just the stance we are talking about I see you were simply using the terminology loosely.

@ FastAShecK
In a look aspect
All i meant by "sleeper" was you want it to have the Mine's R34 without any decals. Basically like a rusted looking muscle car with a clean beautiful big block underneath.

Basically it looks like crap from the outside. But on the inside it is beautiful ("sleeper")

I understood, I just really like its use at the time describing a R34. I also like rusted muscle cars with built up engines. All go no sho lol sweet.

A R34 is surely no Sleeper, but a BNR34 with stock R34 cloths on among BNR34's & ACR Vipers would be.

Funny thing is I have not built a R34 with a BNR34 chassis. The only 2 chassis swaps I've done is a Race Car Camaro Chassis on a STD Camaro I use as a Race Car lol and my one extreme Hybrid the RX-LS7 with a RE Street spec chassis and Turbo LS-7. All my others are stock chassis, even old school stuff like the SR20DET 5-Dime (love that car) yeah it makes the tuning all that more important, it's part of the fun dealing with similar things someone building the real version would, at least as much as we can.

Last edited:
@ Voodoovaj

WOW you have a good keen grasp of the obvious. Here is some knowledge for you professor. Water is wet, take that tidbit of info home and study it, we going to the ocean for a pop quiz tomorrow...

Sorry for thinking you misunderstood the basic concept since you wrote the following...

Is that?

NOTHING legit about sticking a Peugot Chassis under a Dodge Challenger, I got no problem with you doing that, but its anything but "Legit" in fact its the complete opposite of Legit. Go ahead and make fantasy cars, its is a game in the end, but Ill comment when they are called Legit, Ill keep pushing to separate the Legit Swaps from the Fantasy Cars..

A Peugot Chassis under a Challenger is a Fantasy Swap. Even worse a Challenger with a Peugot Chassis and a Audi R10 engine is not very American at all, almost a sin. I can all my pot a pan all I like, calling it a pan wont turn it into one.

In real life, sure. In the game, there's nothing fantasy about it. It's just a weight drop and stiffer chassis.

No need to be an jerk when someone is trying to help you out.

Just putting in to say that I've finally (after a week or so of screwing around looking up real life wheelbase data for the cars in the game) found a chassis that you can put under the F40 to make it a bit nicer to live with without screwing up the wheelbase or track. The two JGTC RX-7s are absolutely perfect for the task. Basically turns the F40 into a GT500 car, and it looks identical to the stock one for the purposes of aesthetics.

The RX-7 LM might do the same, but I haven't checked it because I was worried it would be too wide.

Sorry for thinking you misunderstood the basic concept since you wrote the following...

In real life, sure. In the game, there's nothing fantasy about it. It's just a weight drop and stiffer chassis.

No need to be an jerk when someone is trying to help you out.

Don't be sorry for thinking I misunderstood you, it's your lack of clarity you should be concerned with when commenting on somebodies comprehension of your unclear posting. "What does "R10 HDI in a Chally"mean?

I'm still under the impression the R10 and Peugeot HDi are 2 different cars (I dunno, maybe HDi is the chassis or Prototype style the R10 and Peugeot share, LM cars are not my thing), and I still don't get how I'm supposed to extrapolate a Viper V10 out of that lol. So I figured a old google search would show me if Audi R10 and HDi go together, and turns out I got absolutely no hits except ones that talk about the Peugeot HDi and Audi R10.....

Okay please explaine that one. It's like saying you have a Mustang Camaro chassis on your very British MG... Oh yeah and neglecting to mention its got a TVR V8 lol then getting rude when somebody is confused by your dribble. Even your earlier post where I had to ask comma or no comma, the reason I had to ask is because the content of your post completely contradicts the opinion you claim in the very same post and on one hand you justify your chassis swaps while at the same time calling all chassis swaps non legit, how do you expect to be understood when you don't even make sense. A R10 HDi chassis don't exist as far as I know and you basically have the names of 2 different cars merged together. Since you only mention 2 LMP cars, neglecting to mention any V10 are you really surprised I misunderstood? How are your comprehension skills feeling now?!?!?!? Lmfao...

So take your own advice, no need to be a Jerk, and nobody is in need of your help (seems your more confused then anything), if your going to give "help" be prepared for people not caring or wanting it, especially when it's not asked for and you appear to be confused about what your doing all together.... If and when I need help I will ask, I do not recall needing or asking for your "help". Not sure how any of your post directed at me can be considered "Helpful" at all. All I gathered from them is you think chassis swaps are not legit but you run them anyways with added weight and lowered downforce as if that justifies the use of a LMP car chassis on a street ride in our world of Hybrid cars. IMHO it don't, justifications can be called reasons, those reasons can be called excuses.

Heck I may be even to strict on myself feeling any chassis that doesn't belong has no business being there, and all my "Legit" swap BS is just an extension of that. So what, I'm just voicing my opinion and feel free to disagree, but be prepared for me to disagree and retort. If that is too difficult, then that's something you need to consider when posting comments on others opinions... If I'm playing GT I feel there is a strive for realism over just just playing Forza or Shift, just because we Hybrid we don't have to run cars all Frankensteined up with stuff that would simply not get done in reality. Weight reduction on original chassis make some pretty light cars, then add in PD doesn't add driver weight and the cars are light enough already. I can see the use of the chassis to better fill the wheel wells, just never came across a car that struck me as being so out of whack it needed a hack fix as convenient as race car chassis swaps, theoretically if this were true, and a wider stance all that was sought after, the street cars with a wider stance would be sourced before LMP cars, going outside the world of street cars should only be reserved of cases where it's not working out with street rides, I dunno chassis swaps ain't my thing really and running LMP chassis on completely unmatched street cars just seems like cheesing almost as bad as the Hyper Cars.

If you don't care that the Chassis is LM and you believe that adding weight and lowering downforce legitimizes the car or you don't even care if the swaps is legit, that is fine, all the power to you. Enjoy it I hope you get all you want out of your copy of the game :). I'm still gonna run my mouth with my opinion voicing it for anybody to agree or disagree with, I'm open to debate an opposing opinion, I welcome it. Don't come in here and get pissey because I disagree with you, insulting my comprehension when your post are as clear as quick sand, then crying like a Sissey about me being a jerk when I retort. Seriously, as I said earlier debate with tangible facts or conflicting logic, no need to get personal, take your own advice and quit being a Jerk.

Last edited:
Don't be sorry for thinking I misunderstood you, it's your lack of clarity you should be concerned with when commenting on somebodies comprehension of your unclear posting. "What does "R10 HDI in a Chally"mean?

Umm. "Dude" that was a very long rant about "my" post. Unfortunately, I didn't post any of what you're ranting about.

You're all up in arms over a post by "Hei"

Umm. "Dude" that was a very long rant about "my" post. Unfortunately, I didn't post any of what you're ranting about.

You're all up in arms over a post by "Hei"

Whoops. It's late my bad. You entered the convo and the nature of your post threw me off, thought I was just replying to Hei, didn't notice your handle in the top of my reply post.

My rant was for Hei and partially discombobulated due to my mistake. I didn't intend it to go on so long, just got to rambling. That R10 HDi in a Chally was just too much.

Don't take my ranting too serious, I'm just opinionated and love voicing my opinion, and while debates and tone may seem heated I have no hard feelings, even after things may have gone too far. I get into a fight with yah today only to drink it off with yah tonight.

Hei
It's drifting fine.

Good to hear. Drifting in GT5 has gotten much better from what I see, that was a pretty sick drift video posted earlier. So your Chally's a drifter? That's cool, might wanna drop the HDi unless you also have Peugeot parts on the R10 V10 Challenger 💡

If I could I'd toss you a beer.

Back