CORE Australia | Australasian GT / Spaces AvailableFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 371 comments
CORE lobby is open right now and we are running full race simulations, All are welcome, If you are joining make sure you are quick or you will have to wait for the race to end before the new race begins

Please click the link: Link you have 48 hours after a race to submit your report, it is critical that you submit one for the stewards to do their job better and faster and then the results can be posted faster.

In this case since ITZ was not there to remind you, there will be no penalty but please submit your report asap as it will just delay everything.

Just letting everyone know that there will be a practice lobby for Trial Mountain tomorrow night at the normal race time. It would be great if everyone could be there. Thanks

Just letting everyone know that there will be a practice lobby for Trial Mountain tomorrow night at the normal race time. It would be great if everyone could be there. Thanks
Should be able to make this

Edit: just having dinner, will be joining about 15mins into the session

Last edited:
Should be able to make this

Edit: just having dinner, will be joining about 15mins into the session

Good to hear!

Room is now open, I have everything setup and I'm in the room but I physically wont be there. I've been sick all day, so I'm going to sit by the fire and keep warm.

I can't find the room....
Have you join the CORE Racing official club? It's in there

Good to hear!

Room is now open, I have everything setup and I'm in the room but I physically wont be there. I've been sick all day, so I'm going to sit by the fire and keep warm.
Ah sucks mate, hope you feel better. Bit of a chilly winter this year! Jealous of your fire.

Thanks @ItzRacing for having the room set up.

Solid session for UNC Motorsport last night, lots of setup adjusting and reached a 1:21.6. Haven't been on Trial Mountain in a GT car before with a wheel and gosh didn't realise how bumpy the track actually is! The GTR feels pretty nice on there now so feeling good for next week's races :).

Just a query on track limits for Trial Mountain, those couple turns with the yellow lines; is that within track limits or only to the white line?

image.jpg

Thanks @ItzRacing for having the room set up.

Solid session for UNC Motorsport last night, lots of setup adjusting and reached a 1:21.6. Haven't been on Trial Mountain in a GT car before with a wheel and gosh didn't realise how bumpy the track actually is! The GTR feels pretty nice on there now so feeling good for next week's races :).

Just a query on track limits for Trial Mountain, those couple turns with the yellow lines; is that within track limits or only to the white line?

View attachment 406629

Not a problem, glad that you got something out of it last night :)

In regards to the yellow lines I will address it in the drivers briefing later. I'm leaning towards letting everyone cut the yellow lines as it will be harder to police if it gets done every single lap by any drivers.

Not a problem, glad that you got something out of it last night :)

In regards to the yellow lines I will address it in the drivers briefing later. I'm leaning towards letting everyone cut the yellow lines as it will be harder to police if it gets done every single lap by any drivers.
The wall is the track limit here, so cut the yellow lines all you want

I won't be able to take part in Wednesdays race due to family commitments
No probs....even though i may not be taking part in the series frequently due to the job.But,ill try my level best to be there and hope the same from you,iff possible man.... :D

Round 2.jpg

Drivers Briefing

Circuit: Trial Mountain
Races: 2
Distance: 40 mins
Qualifying: 1 x 15 Minutes
Circuit Time: N/A
Weather: N/A

Welcome to round 2 of the CORE Australia / Australasian GT Series. With a few new drivers taking part this week, I think it is worth explaining a few of the unique features again to ensure all drivers understand a number of procedures.

@LITTLEBLACKO @Matvex @Beau Albert @Killing Heidi @amcdo122 @Pubs16 @brad_kirtland @SAI SANTOSH @itsLynxy

Race Lobby

The races will be held in the Open Lobby section of the ‘CORE Online Racing official’. This week will be the start of normal procedures, with myself hosting the rooms.

Rolling Starts

As there will be a number of new drivers taking part again I will include the procedure for rolling starts for this round again.

For the GT races, CORE will use a rolling start procedure. The following is the regulations on performing rolling starts and they must be followed precisely to ensure there is no confusion between drivers. This week, drivers will complete a full warm up lap with the race starting at the Start/Finish Line.

5.Start procedure:

5.1 Rolling:

Cars on a rolling start must pace at 80MPH/128KPH top speed around the track, the leading car must maintain a constant speed only slowing down for slower corners which can not be taken safely at 80MPH/128KPH. The 80MPH/128KPH will continue the full warm up lap until the final turn or specified by race organizer where all cars will form up in double file at 50MHP/80KPH.

5.2 Gapping on warm up:

Cars must retain a 2-3 car gap between them selves and the car in front. While on the warm up the odd cars must warm up on the left hand side of the track and the evens must warm up on the right, making a 4-6 car gap between all cars on the grid.

5.3 Formation:

All cars must form up with odds on the left and evens on the right.

Pit Stops

Tyre Rules
There will be 2 tyre compounds used in the race. Soft and medium (A wet weather race will be declared if the surface water is over 25%)

Pit Window
During all the races there will be a Pit Stop Window This will be from 15 minutes to 25 minutes. Once the clock reaches 26 minutes, the pits will be closed apart from emergency repairs. If you pit outside of the Pit stop window you will receive a 30 second penalty.

Pit Entry/Exit Lines

There are no entry or exit lines for pit lane. However drivers should still take caution when exiting the pits and attempt to merge on to the race track safely as there can be a big speed difference with approaching cars.

Incident reports
There is a mandatory incident report that MUST be submitted after every race event. There is time limit of 48 hours to submit, any late or none submitted will receive a time penalty of 30 seconds.

Text box and headsets

They can be used during practice, but as soon as qualifying has started we will be under race conditions and there will be a 10 sec penalty for anyone with a headset on or use of the text box.

Pausing to avoid damage

This is completely forbidden in any CORE event and a penalty will be applied to anyone caught using it. It is deemed as cheating and will not be accepted under race conditions.

Room Settings

Room Settings:

Race Quality: High
Voice Chat: Standard
Fixed Room: No

Qualifier Settings:
Format: Race Together
Start Type: Pit Start
Time Limit: 15 Minutes

Race Settings:
Hold Events Automatically: Disabled
Start Type: Grid Start (Manual Rolling Start)
Grid Order: Race 1 – Qualifying Order / Race 2 – Previous Race Results
Boost: Off
Penalty: None
Fuel/Tyre Wear: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Pit Stops: 1
Race Finish Delay: 90 seconds
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Slipstream Strength: Real

Timetable
7:00 PM ACST – Room Open

7:40PM ACST – Spec Check

7:45PM ACST – Qualifying

8:00 PM ACST – Race 1 (40 Mins)

8:40 PM ACST – Race 1 Finish

9:00 PM ACST – Race 2 (40 Mins)

9:40 PM ACST – Race 2 Finish

Round 2 - Trial Mountain - Wednesday July 15 (7PM ACST)
ItzRacing / #95 / Audi

ItzRacing / #95 / Audi
2. Killing-Heidi / #4 / Merc

ItzRacing / #95 / Audi
3. Matvex / #5 / Nissan Gtr Rjn
4. amcdo122 / #56 / Mercedes

ItzRacing / #95 / Audi
5. Pubs16 / #16 / Nissan

ItzRacing / #95 / Audi
5. Pubs16 / #16 / Nissan
6.santu929 / #7 / BMW

ItzRacing / #95 / Audi
5. Pubs16 / #16 / Nissan
6. santu929 / #7 / BMW
7. BeauAlbert6 / #6 / Corvette

ItzRacing / #95 / Audi
5. Pubs16 / #16 / Nissan
6. santu929 / #7 / BMW
7. BeauAlbert6 / #6 / Corvette
8. N64TheStig007 / #96 / Mercedes AMG

Last edited:
@JonoStan96 can I ask you to please fill out the sign up form before we race? and could you please a pick another car out of the Audi, Mercedes and BMW as the places for the Corvette have been taken :)

@Lachie_82 can you also let me know your choice of car if you plan to race tonight?

Thanks guys :)
Yeah I'll fix it up on the hour mate :)

EDIT: Submission sent.

Last edited:
Back