CORE | Australian V8 Supercars / Season FinishedFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 1,111 comments
Hi Guys, sounds like a cracker of race night. . . bummed that I missed it :( didn't get home till after 11pm - but on brighter note brought home a first place trophy!! All set for the next one!!!

Well done mate! It makes missing out on last nights racing well and truly worth it!

I should probably mention that I took another feature race win on Saturday night too! So it was a good weekend for the CORE AV8 crew in real life!

I was seriously considering joining you guys for the races this weekend but after being up from 6am my time for the GTPES and running a total of four hours throughout ending at 1am Sunday morning I was pooped and needed sleep. Maybe I'll plan ahead and wake early for one of these in the near future. 👍

Well done mate! It makes missing out on last nights racing well and truly worth it!

I should probably mention that I took another feature race win on Saturday night too! So it was a good weekend for the CORE AV8 crew in real life!

Well Done Itz!!!

I was seriously considering joining you guys for the races this weekend but after being up from 6am my time for the GTPES and running a total of four hours throughout ending at 1am Sunday morning I was pooped and needed sleep. Maybe I'll plan ahead and wake early for one of these in the near future. 👍

All good! We look forward to having you join us whenever you are ready. :)

Cheers Team Mate!! Glad you were there flying our flag!!!! Good Job!
cheers man ;)
well done man, nice ;) i have been following your Blog. but it wasn't updated to know. though i just read it on your fb page.

cant believe i hit the pause button!!! force of habit that is, and not a good one by the sounds. sorry about that guys.
one thing i did notice was, as i stated in my post above. 1st and 3rd race, i had damage the entire both races.
this was what caused me to end up in the sand when tire wear come into it. though it didn't show on CoreTV.
sorry for the crappy images lol.

race 1 first lap.
DSCN2747.JPG

race 3 first lap.
DSCN2752.JPG

well done man, nice ;) i have been following your Blog. but it wasn't updated to know. though i just read it on your fb page.

Yeah, I've been a bit slack with the website. I have got someone else doing the news articles as a monthly update, but I have been a bit slow with it. Mainly because I have been spending more time focusing on having the race car ready and being prepared to race, instead of stressing about keeping websites updated. Oh and keeping all of this running as well. My sister updates the facebook page on race nights, she does an excellent job of that! At the end of the day I'm just worrying about doing whatever keeps me relaxed and winning races in the real race car :)

cant believe i hit the pause button!!! force of habit that is, and not a good one by the sounds. sorry about that guys.
one thing i did notice was, as i stated in my post above. 1st and 3rd race, i had damage the entire both races.
this was what caused me to end up in the sand when tire wear come into it. though it didn't show on CoreTV.
sorry for the crappy images lol.

race 1 first lap.
View attachment 340620
race 3 first lap.
View attachment 340621

Yeah, definitely try to get out of that habit if you can! :)

You should have seen my race 3 damage. My car was definitely a handful for the that race! I wish my other 2 races were that clean without the damage...

Here is round 2

Another excellent production by the CORE TV team and I was watching intently the entire time. All drivers helped put on a great show Sunday!

Yeah, I've been a bit slack with the website. I have got someone else doing the news articles as a monthly update, but I have been a bit slow with it. Mainly because I have been spending more time focusing on having the race car ready and being prepared to race, instead of stressing about keeping websites updated. Oh and keeping all of this running as well. My sister updates the facebook page on race nights, she does an excellent job of that! At the end of the day I'm just worrying about doing whatever keeps me relaxed and winning races in the real race car :)

You should have seen my race 3 damage. My car was definitely a handful for the that race! I wish my other 2 races were that clean without the damage...

thanks for the update about your website. i would certainly do the same ;)

also, your car shows no damage in my reply. so i didn't get to see it man.
someone certainly had connection issues last race!

but going by my race 3 first lap screencap above, tapping the back of your car caused that.
i apologize to you if any damage was caused by me mate.

EDIT: incident report submitted.

Last edited:
thanks for the update about your website. i would certainly do the same ;)

also, your car shows no damage in my reply. so i didn't get to see it man.
someone certainly had connection issues last race!

but going by my race 3 first lap screencap above, tapping the back of your car caused that.
i apologize to you if any damage was caused by me mate.

EDIT: incident report submitted.

Yeah, you damaged the left rear, then I damaged my right front when i ran into Glen. It was very intersting through the lesmo's, the Ascari right hander and Parabolica. It's all good though, you didn't really gain anything out of it and it was only the contact with glen that took me out of contention.

Awesome stuff, just waiting on @memto89 :P@SAI SANTOSH and @justquality to submit their incident reports.

I might have to give this a go at some point, as it looks extremely fun from the commentary booth! :)

You're more than welcome to join in if you wish. You could be the Neil Crompton of the CORE AV8! In case you dont know, Neil Crompton used to be a v8supercar driver who also spent time in the commentary box when he didnt race. Today, he's only a commentator and it is probably what he is best known for with todays audience! However he did have a couple of opportunities of winning Bathurst with Craig Lowndes in the early 2000's!

You're more than welcome to join in if you wish. You could be the Neil Crompton of the CORE AV8! In case you dont know, Neil Crompton used to be a v8supercar driver who also spent time in the commentary box when he didnt race. Today, he's only a commentator and it is probably what he is best known for with todays audience! However he did have a couple of opportunities of winning Bathurst with Craig Lowndes in the early 2000's!

I do indeed know Neil, and though I hadn't considered that exact comparison, that's certainly part of my reasoning - it's always easier to verbally illustrate something once you've actually experienced it for yourself!

Is there a spare slot in my dearest M3? I'll most likely enter Laguna, I just need to check with the real life boss first. 👍

I do indeed know Neil, and though I hadn't considered that exact comparison, that's certainly part of my reasoning - it's always easier to verbally illustrate something once you've actually experienced it for yourself!

Is there a spare slot in my dearest M3? I'll most likely enter Laguna, I just need to check with the real life boss first. 👍

Yes, thats true. experiencing something certainly does make it a lot easier to describe to someone else! :)

Yeah, i'll put you down as a wildcard/reserve if you want. Yeah, at the moment we have a couple of M3's available. We did have 2 entered fulltime, but MikeyIam has decided to drop to a reserve driver position as he found it hard to wake up early to race.

Yes, thats true. experiencing something certainly does make it a lot easier to describe to someone else! :)

Yeah, i'll put you down as a wildcard/reserve if you want. Yeah, at the moment we have a couple of M3's available. We did have 2 entered fulltime, but MikeyIam has decided to drop to a reserve driver position as he found it hard to wake up early to race.

Yeah, put me up as a reserve/wildcard with the M3. #46, Bay Side Blue (M). 👍

Drivers Briefing - Round 3 - Laguna Seca

Track Map

Laguna_Seca_Map.png

Track:
Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway
Races: 3
Laps: 14
Circuit Time: N/A
Starting Weather: N/A
Surface Water: N/A

Qualifying: 10 Minutes before Race 1

Grid Positions for Races 2 and 3 will set by the finishing order of the previous race.

@Mtla1984 @Killing Heidi @fullgas62 @bencrow_ @SAI SANTOSH @scotty8646 @justquality @HAMILTONR @Glenalz81 @gtpcaine @Whitetail @Wheeler123 @lxmmy @memto89 @adam46

Important Notes:

We have a number of things to inform the drivers of so please have a good look at this and make sure you are aware of everything.

Race Times

For all the drivers outside of Australia please remember that races will now take place an hour later due to daylight savings ending in most Australian states. This also means that drivers competing from Queensland will be starting racing an hour later.
A time table will be listed at the bottom of the briefing (with London times included as a reference point).

Car Specs

I have tested the cars since the last round and along with the results and performances of the cars in the opening 2 rounds, I have discovered that the BoP was not entirely correct. We are well on our way to finalizing the new BoP specs and they will be announced in the next 48 hours. The changes are not necessarily being made to level the level the playing field, but they are being made to give everyone and opportunity to be competitive if they put in the hard work to get their set up tuned right and their driving is up to speed.

Attendance Sheet

Starting from this round I would like all drivers to fill the attendance sheet if they plan on racing this week. This will allow reserve drivers the opportunity to take part as well. There will be at least 4/5 spots open for reserve drivers this week.

Pre- Race Spec Checks

In the first 2 rounds a number of drivers have been cancelling entry and making changes after I have called all cars to the track for spec checking. Once I have called all cars to the track, please do not exit to make any changes. From now on we will not be waiting for anyone to be ready and if you miss the qualifying session or race because you cancelled your entry, we will not be restarting. The only time we will stop to restart a race is if a driver disconnects just before or during qualifying, there is a mass disconnection during the race or any other circumstance which will require a race to be restarted.

Pit In/Pit Out

There is no white line at the pit out so penalties for crossing the white line on the pit exit will not be an issue. Hopefully there will be no need to use the pits. However, if you do enter pit lane please make sure enter properly and we will be using the dirt between the race track and the pit lane entry as a white line. Also, when exiting the pits, please stay on the left hand side of the track until the next corner.

Race Starts

Please take caution in the opening corners of race to not cause any incidents. Also be aware under brakes not to run into anyone. Other drivers may brake earlier than you usually expect the to in the bottle neck of the opening corners.

Final Word:

Besides those issues, everyone has been very well behaved so far (with the exception of the race organizer who is getting a penalty from the last round ;) ) and hopefully we can keep that trend going for the remainder of the series.

Timetable - ACST (Adelaide) / BST (London)

6:30 - 7:00 PM / 10:30-11:00 AM: Room Opens
7:20 PM / 11:20 AM: All cars to enter track for Spec Checking
7:30 PM / 11:30 AM: Qualifying Begins
7:40 PM / 11:40 AM: Race 1 Begins (14 Laps)
8:00 PM / 12:00 PM: End Race 1
8:10 PM / 12:10 PM: Race 2 Begins (14 Laps)
8:30 PM / 12:30 PM: End Race 2
8:40 PM / 12:40 PM: Race 3 Begins (14 Laps)
9:00 PM / 1:00 PM: End Race 3
9:15 - 9:30 PM / 1:15 - 1:30 PM: Room Closes (Or Track Change for Round 4 Practice)

Good luck everyone and i'll see you on Sunday Night! :cheers:

Ah . . . i'm racing at Tamworth this weekend and then the state titles the weekend after . . . now . . .with the daylight saving ending and it being a two day meeting . . . I "should" make it back this time . . .!!! My team mate will disown me soon!! Luckily he's been there earning us some points . . . my internet is finally completely sorted and i'm really looking foward to tussling . . . even with the dc i suffered in the first round it was a great fun race! Looking forward to it . . .

I hope you can make it this time, it'd suck for you to miss 2 weeks in a row! Im sure you're team mate wont disown you though, I think he knows your a good driver when you're here :)

BoP Update

Following a lengthy testing process after Round 2 at Monza we are announcing changes to BoP car specs effective at the next round at Laguna Seca. The new specs for each of the cars is listed below:

(Car / Power / Weight / PP)

Ford Shelby GT500: 540bhp / 1470kg / 581-583
Mercedes C63 AMG: 550bhp / 1425kg / 578-580
Chevrolet Camaro SS: 540bhp / 1480kg / 576-578
BMW M3: 525bhp / 1460kg / 560-562
Lexus IS F: 510bhp / 1410kg / 574-576

I will be conducting further tests following round 3 to further ensure the BoP is as equal as possible, but we do consider these new BoP specs to be an improvement on where the specs were in the opening 2 rounds whilst also giving all driver ample time to test with the new specs.

Could everyone who is planning to attend on Sunday please fill out the following attendance Form?

Round 3 - Laguna Seca / 8pm AEST (Host: ItzRacing)
1. ItzRacing / #95 / Ford

Back