CORE | Australian V8 Supercars / Season FinishedFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 1,111 comments
Yeah, it looks very good. As a Mercedes v8 supercar it doesn't look out of place!

Also, I'll have a room up tonight from 7pm running some practice if anyone wishes to join. :)

cool man thanks. im tied as hell but i really need the practice and running with other cars with damage on.
club lobby? PrideTEC?

Well, we are a bit under an hour away from the opening round of the CORE Australian V8Supercar series. I'll be opening the room shortly for anyone who wants some extra practice before we begin racing.

We still have a couple of spots vacant, so if there are any reserve drivers signed up who would like to race tonight, you are welcome to grab a Camaro or BMW and join in!

*EDIT*

We are unable to live stream tonight, but the footage of tonights racing will be recorded and uploaded to CORE TV in the days following.

Last edited:
I was surprised by the small turnout, considering how many people signed up. Being the first round I thought everyone would have wanted to be there. Perhaps they were all lucky enough to be at the grand prix haha.

Good races anyway! Only thing I would say is please don't type in the chat box during a race guys, especially for petty arguments. It's very distracting. Other than that, and the low numbers, it was a good opening round I'd say!

:)

Good races anyway! Only thing I would say is please don't type in the chat box during a race guys, especially for petty arguments.

:)

spot on. i'd had enough of that last season. everyone had a reminder b4 race started tonight, but still drivers do it.
also reminded about first corner, just get around it, and then go for it. but noooo, 2nd race, what a messy first turn.

other than that, great racing Mike, ITZ and everyone. bad luck Gas mate, you need that Net fixed! bad luck to Glen to, although seen you in the pit the last race mate. not sure what happen there man.

as per usual when bad things happen i seem to still battle on :D
seems like the start of a repeat of last season! lol.

i must say though, in the first race, everyone was fast to race with and made it really enjoyable, so thanks to everyone for making that first race fun.

cheers.

It was a small number in the end, however we did start the night with 9 out of the 12 drivers who signed up for the series so it was still a reasonable turnout. We just had a few unfortunate circumstances during the night.

I agree that between us there was some good racing.

But please, refrain from using the text box during the race, not only is it distracting for the rest of us racing, but it also shows up on the stream which is being uploaded to youtube.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who showed up and raced, I do appreciate it.

Dont forget to submit your incident reports, there will be a 30 second penalty for those who do not do it within the next 3 days.

Once we have the incident reports in and the stewards have reviewed the replay, then we will post the results and points.

I'll make sure there is a practice room setup for our normal race time next Sunday for everyone to have an opportunity to run some laps around Monza. I hope to see as many people there as possible and also the following Sunday for Round 2!

Already done the incident report. It was pretty easy as there were no incidents around me :).

Couldn't have been a better start to the season for me. PrideTEC has gotten off to a solid start with those performances, but I knew the Mustang would be easy to tune for Madrid, it's just hard to be consistent enough to stay away from the walls.

In the second race, after my pit stop, when I came out behind Itz, I basically sat on his bumper for a couple of laps, but he made no mistakes, and I didn't see an opening to pass, and one split second of distraction was all it took for me to miss my brake marker and run wide, tagging the wall. I had to do 17 or 18 laps with a damaged right front after that. I started to come to terms with the compromised handling after a couple of laps, and my times came back down to a respectable level, but I didn't know until later in the stint just how much a damaged wheel affects the tyre wear! My fronts went off much faster than usual, and towards the end of the race I was struggling with massive understeer.

When I saw you going into the pits for a second time Itz, I knew all I needed to do was stay out and put up with the damage, and if I could lap no more than 2 seconds per lap slower than you, I would be safe. As it turned out I was only a second off your pace for half of your last stint, so once my front tyres were shot towards the end, and I was losing 2 or more seconds per lap, I had enough of a buffer to absorb it, and still win by 8 seconds.

Monza will be really good, because it's such an open circuit, we won't have the problems of the close barriers like Madrid. Should be a really good race. I hope to see you all there!!

PrideTEC Motorsport got off to the best possible start, locking out the front row of the grid, and leading the pack out of the chicane on the first lap of race one.
v8scrnd1-2_zpsv36jpc95.jpg

The perfect weekend was complete for PrideTEC's Mike, who took wins in both races of round one, and with his team mate ItzRacing coming in second in both races, PrideTEC have put the field on notice, and completed a perfect start to the season for the blue oval.
v8scrnd1-1_zpstidwbkgx.jpg

Sorry I had to go in the second. Waking up with a migraine at 9AM, was not just bearable for another race. But looking forward to the next race.

Sorry I had to go in the second. Waking up with a migraine at 9AM, was not just bearable for another race. But looking forward to the next race.

That sucks to hear, I know it really isn't pleasant racing with problems like migraines and colds, so I understand you're situation. Hopefully you will be healthy and ready to go for round 2

I've got a room open at the moment for anyone who wants to practice. Unfortunately I have visitors here so I won't be at the PS3 to talk to anyone for a little while.

Yeah, as we soon as we work out if there are any penalties needed then the results will be finalised and posted immediately. I can tell you I have already got everything organised as far as results and points are concerned.

Hi Itz & Crew,
I'm racing this Sunday at Port Macquarie, it's about 4hrs from home . . . I should make it back in time . . . but may miss Race 1 . . . i'll be trying my best not too miss it . . . this meeting has been thrown on me by the shop I race for otherwise I wouldn't be bothered!

Cheers
Phil

Hi Itz, as an alternative, I can probably organise another racer to step in for me . . . he races around the same pace as me and is a good clean driver . . . like a Subsitute for an injured driver maybe? Let me know and I'll ask him if he's keen.

Cheers
Phil

Hi Itz, as an alternative, I can probably organise another racer to step in for me . . . he races around the same pace as me and is a good clean driver . . . like a Subsitute for an injured driver maybe? Let me know and I'll ask him if he's keen.

Cheers
Phil

If he's signed up on GTPlanet and can register to the series than he is more than welcome to take part as a reserve. Otherwise we can see how you go as to whether you make it back in time, you can always join in for races 2 and 3 and try to make your way through the field :)

Results - Round 1: Madrid
Stewards Report

Race 1

Lap 29: Contact between Car 15 and Car 99 resulting in damage to Car 99.

Verdict: We deem this to be avoidable contact with Car 99 being well ahead of Car 15 at the turn in point. Car 15 could’ve easily backed off.

Result: 90 second Penalty to Car 15

Race 2

Lap 1: Contact between cars 81, 4, 99 and 7

Verdict: this was caused as a result of Car 81 colliding with the barriers. All other incidents would have been avoided if the original incident did not happen.

Result: No Penalties Applied.

Lap 1: Contact between Car 13 and Car 95

Verdict: Contact could have been avoided by Car 13 but there was no damage, and only a minor disruption to the race of Car 95.

Result: Warning to Car 13

Other Penalties

Use of Text Box: Cars 62, 7, 99 and 15 in Race 1 - Warning (Usually +30 Seconds)

Not Reporting any incidents in the Incident Report: Car 13 - Warning (Usually +30 Seconds or +120 Seconds for not reporting an incident that causes damage)

Failure to Submit Incident Report: Cars 7, 15 and 86 - Warning (Usually +120 Seconds)

Note: It is important that all drivers refrain from using the text box in race as these races will be going on YouTube and it looks unprofessional for the series when messages from drivers show up during the races.

Also PLEASE make sure you submit your incident reports reporting all incidents that take place. If this isn't done correctly from now on, penalties WILL be handed out.

Qualifying

1st: a-pie-4-all 1:20.084

2nd: ItzRacing 1:20.419

3rd: Glen-Alz-81 1:21.109

4th: fullgas62 1:22.225

5th: Killing-Heidi 1:22.622

6th: mikeyIam 1:23.486

7th: scotty8646 1:24.026

8th: bencrow- 1:25.138

DNQ: Santu929 No Time

Race 1 Results

1st: a-pie-4-all 50:34.230

2nd: ItzRacing +20.852

3rd: Glen-Alz-81 +33.188

4th: Killing-Heidi +1 Lap

5th: mikeyIam +1 Lap

6th: bencrow- +5 Laps

DNF: fullgas62 19 Laps

DNF: scotty8646 16 Laps

DNS: Santu929

Race 2 Results

1st: a-pie-4-all 50:53.904

2nd: ItzRacing +8.359

3rd: Killing-Heidi +1 Lap

DNF: Glen-Alz-81 10 Laps

DNF: Santu929 3 Laps

DNF: mikeyIam 1 Lap

DNS: bencrow-

DNS: scotty8646

DNS: fullgas62

Round Standings

1: a-pie-4-all 120

2: ItzRacing 102

3: Killing-Heidi 80

3: Glen-Alz-81 80

5: mikeyIam 54

6: santu929 30

7: bencrow- 24

8: fullgas62 18

9: scotty8646 15​

Ok I'm not happy with that decision regarding the lap one contact. If it can be said that I could have avoided that contact, it could be just as easily said that Itz could have as well. In my opinion, that was a racing incident, no one was at fault, and nobody caused a delay to anybody else.

Coming into the corner in question, my car was ahead, before the contact, I had the racing line, on the inside, and I was ahead, our cars contacted in the middle of the road, with me still ahead, both cars had racing room, and Itz being on the outside, rebounded off my car and contacted the wall, at this point there was more than half a car's width between us.

I held my line, as I had every right to, through the entire corner, and left almost two cars width that entire time on the outside. In what world am I at fault for that contact? If I was on the outside I would've backed out of the passing attempt, because it was never going to work.

Facts are, I was leading coming into that corner, was on the inside line throughout the corner, left racing room on the outside, and was ahead before and after the contact was made. I would call that a racing incident.

If this series is going to be so strict on contact rules, to be far harsher than real touring car racing, what's the point of this rule, from the CORE website:
"2.2 Racing incident:

A situation where contact occurs through the action (or inaction) of at least one of the drivers involved, while maintaining in clear control of their vehicle, in which no significant damage or delay occurs to those not baring due responsibility."

"No significant damage or delay".... No damage or delay was caused to either of us. I would also strongly disagree that I was at fault. I've got the replay, and I've taken a series of photos that I'll post later.

The reason I am taking issue with this, despite not receiving a penalty, is because touring car racing is always going to produce a little bumping and rubbing, and as long as no one is damaged or SIGNIFICANTLY delayed, it shouldn't be a problem. I don't want the series to be decided by stewards decisions, which, if things are dealt with so harshly, it very well could be. Even in the penalty loving world of F1 that would've been deemed a racing incident.

Here we are entering the corner, I am on the inside of the corner, slightly ahead
incident1_zps8ixqzsh8.jpg

This is before the contact, I'm still slightly ahead, on the inside of the corner, firmly holding the racing line.
incident2_zpsivxvcqh3.jpg

This is immediately after the contact, I am still slightly ahead, holding the racing line, on the inside. Note how much room there was for Itz on the outside. However, he has already turned into the corner, with me next to him, and that has caused him to bounce off the side of me and now he's on his way to the fence.
incident3_zpsrgh0rkws.jpg

This is as Itz contacts the fence, or just before. Here, I have finished my line through the corner, and there is still more than enough racing room. If Itz had've turned in later, and stayed out beside me, he would not have run out of room on the road. He would have had to back out of the pass attempt to make the corner though. Either way, he would not have passed me unless I had braked to alter my line, off the racing line, to the inside. There is no logical reason for me to do this when I am on the inside, on the racing line, and in the lead.
incident4_zpshe07tlj4.jpg

Conclusion: Racing incident. If Itz had have damaged his car impacting the wall, it would have been his own doing, not mine. If the roles were reversed, I would have backed off, and if I didn't and I ended up turning in to itz and bouncing off him into the wall, I would not even think twice about it, it would be a nothing incident. It may have cost him a couple of tenths at most, so no significant delay, no damage, and not my fault. This is why I don't know why ANYONE is getting a warning for this, much less me.

There is ample precedent in real racing for incidents like this, and it is always the driver on the outside who is required to back out to prevent contact. In f1, even if the driver on the inside is only slightly ahead at apex, they are allowed to completely close the door on exit, only requiring leaving a space if the outside driver is dead level of slightly ahead. The only time a driver on the outside can turn in and take the racing line, and the inside driver is required to back out to prevent contact, is when the outside driver is more than half a car length in front.
https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/the-rules-of-racing/

Last edited:
Here we are entering the corner, I am on the inside of the corner, slightly ahead
incident1_zps8ixqzsh8.jpg

This is before the contact, I'm still slightly ahead, on the inside of the corner, firmly holding the racing line.
incident2_zpsivxvcqh3.jpg

This is immediately after the contact, I am still slightly ahead, holding the racing line, on the inside. Note how much room there was for Itz on the outside. However, he has already turned into the corner, with me next to him, and that has caused him to bounce off the side of me and now he's on his way to the fence.
incident3_zpsrgh0rkws.jpg

This is as Itz contacts the fence, or just before. Here, I have finished my line through the corner, and there is still more than enough racing room. If Itz had've turned in later, and stayed out beside me, he would not have run out of room on the road. He would have had to back out of the pass attempt to make the corner though. Either way, he would not have passed me unless I had braked to alter my line, off the racing line, to the inside. There is no logical reason for me to do this when I am on the inside, on the racing line, and in the lead.
incident4_zpshe07tlj4.jpg

Conclusion: Racing incident. If Itz had have damaged his car impacting the wall, it would have been his own doing, not mine. If the roles were reversed, I would have backed off, and if I didn't and I ended up turning in to itz and bouncing off him into the wall, I would not even think twice about it, it would be a nothing incident. It may have cost him a couple of tenths at most, so no significant delay, no damage, and not my fault. This is why I don't know why ANYONE is getting a warning for this, much less me.

There is ample precedent in real racing for incidents like this, and it is always the driver on the outside who is required to back out to prevent contact. In f1, even if the driver on the inside is only slightly ahead at apex, they are allowed to completely close the door on exit, only requiring leaving a space if the outside driver is dead level of slightly ahead. The only time a driver on the outside can turn in and take the racing line, and the inside driver is required to back out to prevent contact, is when the outside driver is more than half a car length in front.
https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/the-rules-of-racing/

Perusing thread... clearly a racing incident. Mike has racing line, inside line, Itz tries a move and it doesn't work, which happens. No way Mike should be held responsible for another persons misjudgement. Can't blame someone every time someone touches the wall - it's racing.

The only reason I wanted to address this is because I would like the series treated like a real touring car series, and being so overly harsh on penalties, especially when you're taking incidents with no one clearly in the wrong and blaming someone for them, will only hurt the racing, as everyone will be terrified of attempting a pass. No one will know if they'll get blamed even if someone tries to pass them and stuffs up.

Perusing thread... clearly a racing incident. Mike has racing line, inside line, Itz tries a move and it doesn't work, which happens. No way Mike should be held responsible for another persons misjudgement. Can't blame someone every time someone touches the wall - it's racing.

Furi, you haven't seen the full story. I was on the outside of him around the previous corner and successfully used the switch back and had enough momentum on him that I would've been ahead by the next corner. The kink is very simple and I have never used the full grip of the car to successfully negotiate the corner. So a little more steering lock would've easily avoided an incident. The decision will still stand, it is just a warning to be just a little more careful.

A little more steering lock wouldn't have, as you can see from the photos, I was entering the corner on a tighter angle than you, so my car was understeering at apex, and you hadn't gained any ground on me from when you got inside me on turn two, till when you ran into me, so you didn't have a big run on me.

You can clearly see from my tyre angle in those photos that I was on the limit of the front tyres.

Back