CORE N24 VLNFinished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 1,505 comments
Sorry to have quit mid-way guys, had to rescue my babysitter from a seemingly inconsolable daughter after what, I think it's safe to say, wasn't really my best performance to date.

Sorry to have quit mid-way guys, had to rescue my babysitter from a seemingly inconsolable daughter after what, I think it's safe to say, wasn't really my best performance to date.
I know that feeling, it is awful when they just can't stop crying and all they want is daddy..
To bad about the race mate.

All I saw was 2 cars appear in front of me and I got heavily Liberaced ... Naturally this destroyed my first lap. I had to leave for work straight after the race, will review replay when home.

Leaving the commentary box after the race today. I hope I wasn't too bad, I know I could have talked a bit more.
explosion-michael-bay.jpg

@Pluxtheduck on the left, @adam46 middle, and myself on the right. :lol:

@Whitetail I loved how you just cut in once in a while with some funny comment. :P

Great stream and great race tonight. That crash made it interesting with attrapp even advancing to 4th for a while, had a bit of a weaker mid section of the race and then a strong end. Overall great performance and looking forward to the next race when we will crash even less. ;)

We all knew you had the potential to win but we were more focused on the overall standings to speculate winners. Very nice drive today and congratulations on your win!
Thank you! I'd personally thought @jonnyb1990 would run away and never be seen again like in VLN #1 Race 3.

Thank you! I'd personally thought @jonnyb1990 would run away and never be seen again like in VLN #1 Race 3.
I think Jonny and you were my favourites for the victory today. Jonny seemed to have a horrid race though. Was interesting seeing him crawling down the dottinger in 60 kph. Not often you see such substantial engine damage.

I think Jonny and you were my favourites for the victory today. Jonny seemed to have a horrid race though. Was interesting seeing him crawling down the dottinger in 60 kph. Not often you see such substantial engine damage.
He was paused. That is the speed you go when your paused on track.

He was definitely paused, by my calculations he and Adrian were 2-3 minutes up the road from me, it was a weird thing seeing a CCR car behaving in such a way, thought he had 'done a plux' and run out of fuel, clearly that wasn't the case though.

Yeah, great drive tonight @rcb929 and congratulations for the win.

Very pleased to see @adrianhettich take the 2nd place right at the end of the race having had quite a few issues, I know he is annoyed with himself for making them, but overall, a great recovery and well deserved podium is an excellent result for his 1st race back for a long time and we are pleased to see he has as much pace as the rest of the team :D

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all chassis have taken a VLN race win now (all be it, the GTR was overall not individual room). Great work from the speccing team, these car's are very close :bowdown:

So, just short of 4 weeks to the final and it seems (stewarding aside) we may have a 3 way tie for pole, who saw that coming!? :crazy:

If it has been decided, what time will R3 be held at (track time), also, any guesses to the weather we might see?

If it has been decided, what time will R3 be held at (track time), also, any guesses to the weather we might see?
It was discussed on the broadcast that VLN round 3 will be a complete night race. Weather? I couldn't tell ya.

He was paused. That is the speed you go when your paused on track.
Oh of course! I didn't think of that because the car doesn't go transparent in watch race mode. CCR is really playing down themselves again this year. Didn't they pretend being bad in vln last year as well? :P

From the CORE Online Racing Facebook page:

We caught up with INF's rcb929 following his win earlier this evening in the final part of VLN Round Two.

"My race started out stuck behind Glen-Alz-81 for the first 3 laps. I decided to make a bold strategy call to stay out for a 4th lap in an attempt to overcut Glen. Once jonnyb1990 crashed it changed the race for me and it was Stig mode for the rest of the race. The clean air was addicting and I was hell bound, determined to not let anybody have it.

I feel very happy with my performance, however, there is still a lot more time for me and my teammates must find. INF has struggled to find the balance of the Z4. Mike and Future were both complaining of handling issues after their races. We worked together to make adjustments to the setup for my race and the outcome was better than what we expected. INF may not have the strongest showing for VLN #3, but we will be a contender by the time we line up for N24 on February 28th."

Thank you to rcb929 for taking the time to talk to us. đź‘Ť

For more, 'Like' the CORE Online Racing Facebook page. If you would like to add your thoughts and feelings from this weekend's racing, feel free to PM me!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all chassis have taken a VLN race win now (all be it, the GTR was overall not individual room). Great work from the speccing team, these car's are very close :bowdown:
Oh you're just saying that because you have the best lap so far ;) (just kidding, you've done your homework and practised like hell, something my team haven't... yet)

Would be cool to know the fastest lap times for all the different cars though. Always nice to compete a bit with your sister team. So,

Corvette: 7:52.5 ? - mikey
Audi: 7:56? - Memto?
Mercedes: 7:5? - Lucas?
Bmw: 7:54.? - rcb/mint
GTR: 7:59? - Glen

These are probably completely wrong.. Please fill in those you know from the races :)

Last edited:
Back