CORE N24 VLNFinished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 1,505 comments
I've managed to crash into and out of pit lane
I've crashed in to the pits with damage and out when it's been wet and dried down to 0... does that count? :) trying to figure out if there's actually a corner I haven't crashed in. Maybe the first right in the twisties?

There's a few corners on the GP circuit that I haven't crashed on yet! Does that count? I haven't managed to crash in the pits yet either... The key word of those sentences were 'yet'.

If you're all wondering about places, and conditions, to crash then come watch ol HP after, say, 14 beers (a light session) and I'll show you how it's done properly :lol: :cheers:

Current forecast is "Heavy Snow" but we will see if that changes between now and when the driver's brief is published (weekend before the races).

You're all excited for racing at night in the rain right?

Current forecast is "Heavy Snow" but we will see if that changes between now and when the driver's brief is published (weekend before the races).

You're all excited for racing at night in the rain right?

Ready for much death?

*goes into CCR's garage and puts Comfort Hard tires on their car* :P

The cover of the 2015 Spotters guide has landed!

Inside you'll find a full review of the build-up series, biographies of all the teams and their drivers as well as a sector by sector guide to the circuit itself, supported by a multitude of imagery and supporting content.

The guide will be available as a digital download and a printed version, if you're interested be sure to get your orders in!
wU3UUp.jpg

The cover of the 2015 Spotters guide has landed!

Inside you'll find a full review of the build-up series, biographies of all the teams and their drivers as well as a sector by sector guide to the circuit itself, supported by a multitude of imagery and supporting content.

The guide will be available as a digital download and a printed version, if you're interested be sure to get your orders in!
wU3UUp.jpg

Where should we place our orders for the spotters' guides?

Where should we place our orders for the spotters' guides?

Wherever you fancy, via PM, here. Obviously if you fancied typing all in caps how you were so impressed by it you were ordering 10 then tagged CORE Online Racing and posted that all over your facebook we wouldn't complain ;)

Round 2 Results
PRFjVO.jpg
*There is an amount of debate over Reaper Racing's status, can people make sure they monitor the Nurburgring 24 hours 2015 conversation closely between now and Round 3.

The above results have been adjusted to assume that the non-scoring parties in Round 1 didn't take away point from those who did (In most cases improving teams position by +1 point)

Stewarding
Race 1
Lap 1 - cobra75 - xNikodemusx - Avoidable contact
Verdict: cobra75 +90sec
This for me is completely avoidable, there is clearly an obstruction on the road and is impossible to see where niko will end up, Cobra keeps his foot in when lifting and breaking would have been done to avoid the collision.

Lap 1 - MINT_GTR - Glenalz - Avoidable contact
Verdict: MINT_GTR +90secs
This is something that can not happen, it is a braking zone and is pretty much a single line entry to the corner, Mint should have seen that and responded correctly to it.

Lap 10 - PP-123 - xNikodemusx - Racing incident
Verdict: NFA
Both cars are along side each other nose to nose, both cars not willing to give space on a part of the track where is becomes single file. Although contact is made this is just pure racing and incidents happen when stubborn drivers are on track side by side.

Race 2
Lap 1 - The_proffs - FutureF1 - Avoidable Contact
Verdict: the_proffs +90secs
Even though the initial contact that cause damage to future’s car was a racing incident the tank slapper that future gets coming out of the chicane is where the penalty is. The_proffs keeps his food in and slams the back of future causing more damage. This seems to be a common issue with drivers trying to gain the 0.1 and causing more damage.

Lap 5 - Glen-Alz-81 - Itzracing - GTL_Lucas - 1st contact Racing incident - 2nd contact Avoidable contact
Verdict: Glen-Alz-81 +90secs
1 Lucas is completely unsighted and not enough time to get out the way of the car round a blind bend

2 Glen has plenty of time and space to slow down and get through the incident without issue. Again a case of to fast and trying to gain the 0.1

Lap 9 - FutureF1 - Glen-Alz-81 - possible dangerous rejoin
Verdict: FutureF1 Driving Standards 1/3
While no contact ensues and only a small amount of time is lost, Future still moves his car back into the middle of the circuit when there is another car close behind him. Please be vigilant, take the time to check it is safe to rejoin before acting.

Race 3
Lap 1 - Heathenpride - Play117 - Racing incident
Looks like a small amount of lag but also a small mouth of racing room been given through the corners.

Lap 1 - rcb929 - Tavilha - Racing incident
I can’t tell if its lag or not but from how i see it, it looks like RCB is up on the curb and the car pitches sideways, just happens to be another car there. If its not lag then its a racing incident.

Lap 1 - Tavilha - Many others - Racing incident
Invisible wall hit, nothing anyone could have done to avoid the crashes that were caused. However now this bug has been revealed, all drivers should be careful to avoid running too close to the wall when joining the Nordscheife in the future.

Lap 8 - Tavilha - Jonnyb1990 - Racing incident
Verdict: Tavilha Driving Standards 1/3
A completely miss communication from the lapped driver, but it is not a safe place to pull over and the sudden drop in speed due to hitting the brakes meant on such a turn it was impossible to get out the way. Next time make sure it is a safe place to pull over and let the other car through.

pCEy1N.jpg

Race 1 | Friday 30th | 2000GMT
Host: TBA

Race 2 | Saturday 31st | 2000GMT

Race 3 | Sunday 1st | 1800GMT

Last edited:
Why dont you lot just ban us from racing cant see much more you could get us for. Hope you guys can practice knowing what your car spec is we still have no idea on what we are using! Vln is this weekend and still no confirmation. Sorry if i get a penalty for this post!

Race 2
Lap 1 - The_proffs - FutureF1 - Avoidable Contact
Verdict: the_proffs +90secs
Even though the initial contact that cause damage to future’s car was a racing incident the tank slapper that future gets coming out of the chicane is where the penalty is. The_proffs keeps his food in and slams the back of future causing more damage. This seems to be a common issue with drivers trying to gain the 0.1 and causing more damage.

I do realize that the stewards don't have the full picture. I apologies for that, because, since I have been pushed off the road in every CSS race I have attended without any form of response, I haven't been too enthusiastic writing the reports.
But even through the stewards' perspective I fail to see how I damaged or delayed Future F1 (with the feedback of my replay).

According to the rules, a driver who fails to report incidents will get an 60s penalty (§2.6). The following incidents have not been mentioned by the stewards and by that I believe that they have not been mentioned in incident reports. Some I failed to mention in my report and some I discovered going through the replay.

FutureF1 - False start

FutureF1, the_proffs - Contact, 1st chicane lap 1

FutureF1 - Driving with damage, from the End of Pflanzgarten onwards lap 1

I do demand a response from the stewards, and that all drivers who are found out to have failed to mention incidents will get a penalty.

a) Penalties were applied to the drivers who didn't submit.
b) Each driver is given one missed incident's leeway for human error, which so far has not been exceeded.
c) The false start to which you refer, and what appears to be contact was assumed by the stewards to be lag (since neither car is shown with damage), but since FutureF1 slows again before the actual start this is considered a non-issue, not qualifying as an omission in an incident report. (This incident is absent from both the_proffs and FutureF1s report.)
d) Again at the first chicane, it is unclear that either significant contact takes place or that damage is sustained by either car, the absence of it from either driver's report (cobra75 did note it which is why the incident was investigated) suggested that it was simply an opportunistic move by Future that thanks to the awareness of the drivers involved didn't result in an incident, again not qualifying as an omission.
e) The Pflanzgarten incident was not investigated, again because it was not mentioned in the driver's reports. However reviewing it now, FutureF1 does not seem guilty of anything. His car isn't slowed significantly and has rejoined the track before the_proffs car arrives (thus not being grounds for Rejoin Blocking), nor does he lose control of his car and cause contact (the ground for Driving with Damage). While the_proffs does have to slow slightly, this is no different that if he were following a slower car, which is the situation he is then in.

As for the Avoidable contact penalties for cars driving into incidents. The VLN is designed to prepare drivers for the N24, a race in which giving away a few seconds to avoid receiving and causing damage is a necessity rather than a bonus. As such the stewards feel absolutely justified in providing penalties for cars that have the opportunity to slow but don't when there are damaged cars ahead of them.

@Glenalz81 while you're right that Itz does move back towards the track, you were still trying to thread the eye of the needle between two almost stationary cars on opposite sides of the track at 100mph.

@rclark83 If you would prefer a quick answer we can provide this and all cars will have to conform to the listed spec; the stewards were under the impression that your team were hoping that you could run other parts for driveability's sake, however since this was not originally tested we have to do so to ensure that this does not yield an unfair advantage.

Back