CORE Nurburgring 24 hours 2015 Powered By AquilaFinished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 592 comments
Interesting to see how the first three teams have taken the same cars. Is this a product of methodical testing, or just laziness :P

I'll have you know CCR repeatedly drove our car before making the decision, admittedly we found that it was basically undriveable; but since that's how it was before we started set-up work in earnest last year it surely bodes well.

Why only limit yourselves to having to face the most difficult track in the world, when you can face it in the most difficult car too!

I'll have you know CCR repeatedly drove our car before making the decision, admittedly we found that it was basically undriveable; but since that's how it was before we started set-up work in earnest last year it surely bodes well.

Why only limit yourselves to having to face the most difficult track in the world, when you can face it in the most difficult car too!

And I get called Pluxy Big Balls... I guessed it worked last year but different tyre model this year

^ Well since the trend seems to be that cars become progressively more understeery as the stint goes on, surely we'll be in good stead in a car that naturally is quite prone to oversteer

P57D5d.jpg

CORE is very pleased to announce a partnership with Danish automobile manufacturer Aquila for the 2015 N24. Aquila will be donating prizes to the winning teams in February, and should help us make the 2015 edition of the race the best yet.

We caught up with the owner of Aquila, Dan Suenson, to discuss what has brought him to back us for the 2015 event.

Q: “Aquila is now backing the CORE N24, which kicks off this February on GT6. What has led the company to taking an interest in the event?”

A: “As a company that competes in 24 hours on a regular basis, we are always interested in events such as the N24. The track is one I have been to myself, so I know the challenges the competitors will face. It will be interesting!”

Q: “Is there the potential for a team of Aquila representatives taking to the track for N24?”

A: “You never know! Keep an eye out for us, we might just attempt to compete ourselves!”

Q: “Do you often get to sample your cars on track?”

A: “Unfortunately I don’t have the time to drive the cars often, but I do test occasionally. The young ones are taking over, though!”

Q: “Does Aquila see a presence in video games as a matter of importance? Do you feel it’s a good method of exposure for the brand?”

A: “Yes we do. If people see our cars in games, it spreads the name Aquila out into motoring community.”

Q: “Do you think we will ever see the Aquila brand in Gran Turismo?”

A: “If the guys at Polyphony Digital want to add exciting cars to their game, I am sure they will. We already present in Race Room Experience by SimBin, and hopefully we will not stop there.

Q: “Speaking of Gran Turismo, how realistic is the game, in your opinion?”

A: “My son informs me that he finds the game to be very realistic in comparison to driving a race car in reality. You are missing the G-forces, however the physics, the camera angles and even the feeling of the pedals are all accurate. He always drives in cockpit view, and as the new Danish Formula Ford Zetec Champion, I trust his opinion!”

Q: “Is there a chance of the relationship between CORE and Aquila extending to other CORE series and events in the future?”

A: “I’m sure there is a chance of further collaborations between the two of us, and I am excited to see how the 2015 CORE N24 goes for all involved.”

Thank you to Dan Suenson and Aquila Cars for their interest in N24, and hopefully we will have updates on a potential entry soon!

To keep up with Aquila and their spectacular cars, check out the links below.

Aquila Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AquilaRacingCars

Aquila Website: http://www.aquilaracingcars.com/

Oh, come on, stop tempting us to go into SP9 to win! :P

Glad to hear that an auto maker is backing CORE up! Hopefully we can see one of your cars in the game soon Matt!

Who's next in the car selection? It's quite the nailbiter seeing the cars dwindle down one by one...

Also, after testing the SLS with RMs on the rear and RSs on the front, I have one thing to say:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(The thing was so nice to drive!)

Its currently us (M4R) to pick next, but I'm yet to really do any testing due to commitments to other series. However, I no longer need to run in WEC as I have taken the title, so that is one less thing to do, after this coming weekends Spa 24hr, I will be able to knuckle down and get some decent testing done. If I can manage some during the week I will, but I have a lot of stewarding to do (4 races worth to go through) so its unlikely. Anyway, we have plenty of time before the deadline! :lol:

Should this thread tag now be "Full" instead of "Open"? I'm pretty sure that registration is now closed, but I think that I might have another driver that might be ready for Inferno Racing within the week! Am I allowed to register him/her now?

Should this thread tag now be "Full" instead of "Open"? I'm pretty sure that registration is now closed, but I think that I might have another driver that might be ready for Inferno Racing within the week! Am I allowed to register him/her now?

cant see why not, your team is already registered, as long as they can do one of the CSS/ VLN races at least all should be fine, we are in the same predicament atm

And the build up begins to ramp up for me this weekend, Feb can't come soon enough. Hope you're all throwing down some regular laps, I get the feeling this one will be the biggest and most competitive race yet.

Looking forward to it, see you all on the track sooner or later :)

And the build up begins to ramp up for me this weekend, Feb can't come soon enough. Hope you're all throwing down some regular laps, I get the feeling this one will be the biggest and most competitive race yet.

Looking forward to it, see you all on the track sooner or later :)

Its definitely going to be a great race, can't predict who's got the edge at the moment

Back