CORE Nurburgring 24 Hours 2016Open 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 220 comments
In the lead up to the CORE VLN's and N24, we will be sitting down with the drivers of the first Pre-VLN podium and asking them a range of pressing questions from how they rate their performance in the Pre-VLN to how they see it affecting their build up to the daunting challenge that awaits them in a matter of months, the Nurburgring 24 Hours. In the final installment of these Q&A's, we are sitting down with Inferno Racing's @rcb929 to reflect on the race that was, and how he hopes to perform down the line.

Interviewer: "You finished 1st in the Pre-VLN race, ahead of ItzRacing, who was also in the BMW Z4 GT3, by 2 minutes and 53 seconds, what does that result mean to you, and how will it affect how you approach future VLN's, if it all?"

rcb929: "I think it was a good race for us. Obviously it always nice to win but in this sense not as important. What was important was how good we are compared to our competition, and even though the result was ideal, there is still a lot work and improvements we need to do. Our approach to the VLN's will be to take it race by race and see where we stack as a team and make the needed changes to keep improving on our results".

Interviewer: "The Nurburgring is world renowned for being absolutely brutal. The combined challenge of dealing with unique corners, undulations and a narrow track with steel barriers lined around the circuit is definitely not one for the faint hearted, so with that in mind, is there a part of the track that you just back off the smallest of bits, as you feel it's incredibly easy to make a mistake there?"

rcb929: "Yes and no. There are few spots on the track that I feel are more challenging than others, but that will never change my approach to every corner I do and every lap I complete. I am always trying to find my limit and backing off, although sometimes necessary, is not an option for me".

Interviewer: "Now, a complete reverse of the previous question, despite the track being one that many fear, many relish the challenge of driving it, and each person has a specific part of the track they enjoy pushing the limit on, what is your favourite part of the track?"

rcb929: "My favorite section the track would have to be the run down from Carousel to Dottinger. It's just such a fantastic section of corners and elevation changes. Definitely, a very enjoyable section of tarmac!"

Interviewer: "With the VLN's just weeks away, what are your aspirations for them, and just a bit further down the track, what is your target for the N24?"

rcb929: "I don't think results from VLN are that important. I think it's important the knowledge you are able to obtain during the races to use during the N24. And l think last year proved, your starting spot isn't very important, as you have 24 hours to make up time and positions. Our target for the N24 is to win. That's simply the mind of a racing driver. Now, a win may not be impossible, but for INF it's not going to even be close to being easy. It will take maximum effort from everyone and then some".

Interviewer: "Thank you for your time, I and everyone in CORE appreciate you sitting down and taking the time to answer the questions. We all look forward to seeing how you and your team perform in the upcoming VLN's. Best of luck".

rcb929: "Well thank you to CORE for all of their fantastic work and thank you for the interview.
I wish everybody the best of luck during these next few months for the VLN's!"

Core.jpeg

Drivers briefing has now been posted on the VLN thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ring-24-hours-vln.338758/page-2#post-11168945

All teams currently entered in the 2016 Nurburgring 24 Hours and VLN series must finalise their teams car selection and announce their driver line up before the start of the 1st VLN race on Friday.​

Core.jpeg

CORE is pleased to announce there will be a change to N24 layout for 2016. In order to better accommodate the changing online racing environment, we will be opening the event to Network teams in the SP9 (GT3) class. While these teams will be included in the overall standings, a separate Network Cup will be contested to allow for the greater driver change time.

The starting order for the 24 hours will be defined by fastest lap times set in the official qualifying seasons (details on the GTP thread). All new drivers are required to complete at least one qualifying session or VLN race to qualify for entry. The remaining two rounds of the VLN will go ahead and teams are encouraged to enter in order to gain valuable experience racing with the other entrants.

CORE Nurburgring 24 Hours – Network Class

Teams

• For Network Teams only
• Minimum of 3 Drivers in a team
• Maximum of 5 Drivers in a team

Cars

• Using current N24 Cars (Audi, BMW, Chevrolet, Mercedes, Nissan)
• Car choice is open

Eligibility

• Drivers who have previously competed in the CORE Nurburgring 24 Hours are eligible to race without having competed in either a 2016 N24 VLN race or a 2016 N24 Qualifying Session.
• Drivers who have not previously competed in the CORE Nurburgring 24 Hour must compete in a 2016 N24 VLN race or complete at least 3 Laps (Out/Flying/In) of a 2016 N24 Qualifying session.

Lap Scoring

• Network teams must be required to submit stint photos to have their laps counted in the race.
• Stint photos are to be taken at the race start, at every single pit stop, driver change and at race end.

To sign up, teams must post a message including the following information.

Team Name:
Team Manager (PSN/GTP):
Driver 1 (PSN/GTP):
Driver 2 (PSN/GTP):
Driver 3 (PSN/GTP):
(And so on for additional Drivers)
Chosen Car:

Updated Schedule of Events:

VLN Round 2

Race 1: Friday January 22 at 8PM GMT
Race 2: Saturday January 23 at 8PM GMT

VLN Round 3

Race 1: Friday February 5 at 8PM GMT
Race 2: Saturday February 6 at 8PM GMT

Qualifying Sessions

Qualifying 1: Friday March 5 at 8PM AEST (Day)
Qualifying 2: Friday March 5 at 8PM GMT (Day)
Qualifying 3: Friday March 5 at 8PM EST (Day)
Qualifying 4: Saturday March 6 at 8PM GMT (Night)
Qualifying 5: Saturday March 6 at 8PM EST (Night)
Qualifying 6: Sunday March 7 at 8PM AEST (Night)

With the announcement of network teams I would like to offer my services as a driver for the N24. Safe and consistent GTPSCS Silver rated driver who can do a Saturday night GMT stint and possibly Sunday once I get confirmation of availability. Team using Skype for team radio preferable.

Great idea, hopefully there is a potential team out there who will be looking for a driver to run the event that can sign you up!

@swiftsmith and @kelrick85 as the event is now open for network teams you will now be able to enter teams. Is this something you are still interested in doing?

Swift Autosport would be very interested in entering a network team.

If you are available for the VLN races this weekend, then you and any team mates that plan to race the N24 are welcome to join in.

Team Name:
Team Manager (PSN/GTP):
Driver 1 (PSN/GTP):
Driver 2 (PSN/GTP):
Driver 3 (PSN/GTP):
(And so on for additional Drivers)
Chosen Car:

Here is the sign up form you need to fill out :)

If you are available for the VLN races this weekend, then you and any team mates that plan to race the N24 are welcome to join in.
I'm not sure about VLN this weekend due to the fact my team and I will be focusing on Daytona.

As the event draws closer it's looking more and more likely that the Reapers will not be taking part in the N24 2016, i can't tell you how sad i am by this but it is what it is.

Nothing is set in stone yet, if we do pull it together chances are we will be a network team but at this stage even that looks unlikely.

As the event draws closer it's looking more and more likely that the Reapers will not be taking part in the N24 2016, i can't tell you how sad i am by this but it is what it is.

Nothing is set in stone yet, if we do pull it together chances are we will be a network team but at this stage even that looks unlikely.

Boooooo! 👎

Sorry for the double post but we are more about the driving than the winning ( we would not kick a podium out of bed) . DART was started by three disabled gentlemen drivers ( perhaps OLDER than dirt is more appropriate) who really enjoy the Ring. Currently we have 6 drivers..can all drive. Three are real DARTS and three are faster younger guys to aid in qually and are between quick and REALLY QUICK.

Also..how many cars get to race in the network race and how many are entered to date.

Aw what the heck..

DART
Nail-27/Nail-27
D1 Nail-27/Nail-27
D2 Tex36/Tex36
D3 MadMax/GTP_MadMax
D4. SRT DK Racing/MrRacingline
D5. Scorpion001/ScorpionPHVH57
D6. Jnmjeeper/EBishiop
SLS Car number 27 Sassy grass green (aka Kermit green)

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post but we are more about the driving than the winning ( we would not kick a podium out of bed) . DART was started by three disabled gentlemen drivers ( perhaps OLDER than dirt is more appropriate) who really enjoy the Ring. Currently we have 6 drivers..can all drive. Three are real DARTS and three are faster younger guys to aid in qually and are between quick and REALLY QUICK.

Also..how many cars get to race in the network race and how many are entered to date.

Aw what the heck..

DART
Nail-27/Nail-27
D1 Nail-27/Nail-27
D2 Tex36/Tex36
D3 MadMax/GTP_MadMax
D4. SRT DK Racing/MrRacingline
D5. Scorpion001/ScorpionPHVH57
D6. Jnmjeeper/EBishiop
Tbd

Welcome to the N24 guys, at the moment we have 7 official entries (8 including DART). The only limit on the number of entries will be the overall limit of 12-14 cars. Other than our overall limit, there will be no limit on the maximum number of network entries.

Last edited:
Really sorry for backing out of tonights race. I had too much pain in my braking leg making myself unsteady under braking. Also been having a bad day so the collisions pre-race didn't help... Hope I can join you guys tomorrow, if not I'll see you all next round....

Team Name: Team MWM RC/Radio Le Banter (Team Midweek Motorsport Racers Collective/Radio Le Banter)
Team Manager (PSN/GTP): ajh_1990/andrew1990
Network Team

Driver 1 (PSN/GTP): ajh_1990/andrew1990
Driver 2 (PSN/GTP): StigsTC/StigsTC
Driver 3 (PSN/GTP): BlueXephos22/DaGiBus
Driver 4 (PSN/GTP): tanky1/Domma
Driver 5 (PSN/GTP): TBC

Car choice is the SLS #13 running in Azzurro (blue).

Last edited:
Team Name: Team MWM RC/Radio Le Banter (Team Midweek Motorsport Racers Collective/Radio Le Banter)
Team Manager (PSN/GTP): ajh_1990/andrew1990
Network Team

Driver 1 (PSN/GTP): ajh_1990/andrew1990
Driver 2 (PSN/GTP): StigsTC/StigsTC
Driver 3 (PSN/GTP): BlueXephos22/DaGiBus
Driver 4 (PSN/GTP): tanky1/Domma
Driver 5 (PSN/GTP): TBC

Car choice is the SLS #13 running in Azzurro (blue).

Awesome! Good to see you have found/created a team so you can take part :)

Would have liked to take part with our local team but I'll be at the St. Pete GP for the opening round of the Indycar Season. Good luck to everyone, I'll be cheering for our fellow GTPSCS competitors DART, MWM, TNR and the rest!

Well that sucks, but enjoy the Indycars! I called into St Pete when I was in America in 2014 and checked out all the stuff they had at Dan Wheldon Way and I kicked myself for not taking photos while I was there! But make sure you take a photo or 2 and chuck it up here while we are in the race :)

Hello, Escudería GTMX are interested in take part of this amazing event, if whe are on time please let me know, so I can send you all the info required, thanks in advance and greetings to all.:cheers:

Yes, it definitely isn't too late to enter! If you can get the info to us as soon as possible that would be great :)

@Nail-27 will also be in St Pete for. the first Indycar and Pirelli Race. please note that @TEX36 will take over as DART Manager for this event.

That sucks that you can't take part, but all the best in St Pete!

Yes, it definitely isn't too late to enter! If you can get the info to us as soon as possible that would be great :)
Ok, thanks for the answer, THERE IS THE INFO FOR OUR TEAM:

Team Name: ESCUDERIA GTMX (NETWORK)
Team Manager (PSN/GTP): GTMX-HECTO1 / Masterhec
Driver 1 (PSN/GTP): GTMX-Jmml94 / JmmL94
Driver 2 (PSN/GTP): GTMX-ALFAVANTI44 / Alfa_Avanti44
Driver 3 (PSN/GTP): GTMX-Oscar / OscarMorales
Driver 4 (PSN/GTP): GTMX-JJELI-RT / GTMXjjeli
Driver 5 (PSN/GTP): GTMX-HECTO1 / Masterhec

Car choice: AUDI R8 LMS ULTRA

I see that you guys have another race for 2morrow, maybe some of us can attend, so please can you add us to the respective room or club, thanks again and we hope see you soon.

Ok, thanks for the answer, THERE IS THE INFO FOR OUR TEAM:

Team Name: ESCUDERIA GTMX (NETWORK)
Team Manager (PSN/GTP): GTMX-HECTO1 / Masterhec
Driver 1 (PSN/GTP): GTMX-Jmml94 / JmmL94
Driver 2 (PSN/GTP): GTMX-ALFAVANTI44 / Alfa_Avanti44
Driver 3 (PSN/GTP): GTMX-Oscar / OscarMorales
Driver 4 (PSN/GTP): GTMX-JJELI-RT / GTMXjjeli
Driver 5 (PSN/GTP): GTMX-HECTO1 / Masterhec

Car choice: AUDI R8 LMS ULTRA

I see that you guys have another race for 2morrow, maybe some of us can attend, so please can you add us to the respective room or club, thanks again and we hope see you soon.

Thanks guys and welcome! Also you are more than welcome to join us in the VLN race tomorrow :)

On behalf of Inferno Racing team, I bring the unfortunate new that we will be pulling out of the 2016 CORE N24. We have made to joint decision as a team to move on from the Gran Turismo 6 platform. We wish all of you the best of luck in the upcoming race and we'll make sure to tune in.

Our Departure Message

That's sad to hear, if only you guys could have joined us for a last hurrah on GT6. I'll be honest and admit that for me, the N24 is a last blast where I get to race on GT6 for one final time before I move onto other platforms. Hopefully you will be able to tune in some way or another. Thanks for some great racing and fun times and all the best in your future endeavors and hopefully we will be racing with Inferno Racing sooner rather than later.

Core.jpeg

As we are getting closer to the main event there are some things that need some practice.
The start is one thing that cannot be wrong, so we are going to have 2 2h races with a full warm-up lap.

These races will be on the 25th and 27th Feb. Times for the races will be announced later.
The Starting Driver of each team must take part in at least one of these races since there are several procedural elements to understand (details of these later). These are practice races only so points will not be awarded.

Back