GTP Sportscar: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 589 comments
I was hoping that today's announcement would feature information on what is happening to LMP1/2/3, but it's still great to hear that grids will be expanded to 14.

Also, I'm extremely excited to field a team for the B12 in the top class, an all Aussie assault on the most Aussie of races! :)

Finally, Suzuka 1000km not on GT6? Last time I checked Pcars does not have Super GT cars and the Suzuka is... Well, not Suzuka lol.
I was speculating we'd here the LMP classes also :P.
But still great to here additional grid spots!

On Suzuka 1000, if we're moving to GTS rather than PCars then there'll be Super GT ;). Interesting, I'm sure it said GT6 at the calendar announcement :P.

Congratulations on your GT3 Pro Entry mate, some redemption on last year I bet! Fly that flag strong brother :P.

*GTSport release date speculation intensifies*
Does AJ know something we don't????? :odd::odd::odd::odd::odd::odd:
I reckon he doessss! Always in talks with @Jordan behind the scenes I'm sure :P.

I was hoping that today's announcement would feature information on what is happening to LMP1/2/3, but it's still great to hear that grids will be expanded to 14.

Also, I'm extremely excited to field a team for the B12 in the top class, an all Aussie assault on the most Aussie of races! :)

Finally, Suzuka 1000km not on GT6? Last time I checked Pcars does not have Super GT cars and the Suzuka is... Well, not Suzuka lol.
I find the PCARS Suzuka better than actual Suzuka

JANUARY 2016 Cake Days

The following 51 Registered Drivers celebrated their GTP Anniversary this month;

15c2208913ed68c5ef8abf542a26bc40.jpg

11 Years
@jammyozzy

7 Years
@GTP_ADE

6 Years
@Downhill Dino
@GTP_Patrick1

5 Years
@aceboy127
@baja_j
@cmbeal317
@dgriffin28
@nosoks
@Quantum_H4i
@scca_ziptie
@Torzilla

4 Years
@AJHG1000
@Goodwolf
@LordZ1978
@OZ
@str98
@Zii1993

3 Years
@aboe
@beau231
@Brutaka
@DrAug
@jake2013guy
@Jakedog23
@jmbatista
@Play117
@soundtiger95

2 Years
@ChromeTheMoon
@CookieMahn
@euclid58
@fractal13
@Harsk100
@Hayden norris
@lorddragonKD
@Mamaghi
@Neovre
@Stephen Vann
@TeamEdge702
@warrior2167

1 Year
@Cafferz
@DCWANTCASH2
@GT_LEGENDS_57
@GTRacer1720
@Il_Conte_Sky
@josete
@OscarMorales
@scotty8646
@Skodaboie

New Members
@DamonMartinez
@GTR_juansi
@jose pepe

Straight away that tells me that TRL_IMMORTAL is going to be driving in GT3 PRO, although I could be wrong... very wrong... lol. :lol:

ypC5huo-F_DAXBNlDod0T00j8PsT40ZLtxCeSmpTTMkQihkiwUL-4O7Mc-LjC__vkJIbWNKaeh_LplGfJmsPDACN40jmNwYMy5yD1cIrJc8ZnYOzKQKAJvICVNpl4T7Dz7ubX3D-

Inferno Racing Announcement

Inferno Racing was founded for the purpose of having fun. Michael Polasek and Rishav Khosla formed the team on August 4, 2014 to race in the 2015 CORE N24. They weren’t concerned with finishing first, they simply wanted to race. As the months went by, new faces appeared and a new mentality was formed. Inferno Racing had the pace, so why not fight for the win? The team spent over 6 months chasing that win with the addition of Brian Blauman, Lucas Larese, Joakim Hallden, and Dan Burnett to their ranks. Their first win continued to elude them until finally, at the Nurburgring 6 Hours, they came home victorious. Their momentum carried them forward to secure the LMP2 championship along with an undefeated run in GT500 later in the season. However, in this pursuit of success, the team lost what it had originally valued. Fun. With their bad luck following them everywhere they went, it became more and more difficult to come into each race with a smile on their faces. The focus began to move to proving all doubters wrong. Michael Polasek departed his role as Acting Team Owner and Manager handing the reins over to Rishav Khosla and Brian Blauman. Lucas Larese began to focus on School and Joakim Hallden moved his focus to the factory Team Redline team. So where does that leave Inferno Racing? A team who saw great success but also great disheartenment. With the “fun” having been drained out of the team, it’s time for us to look forward. It’s time for us to find the original purpose of the team. We’d like to announce our departure from the Gran Turismo 6 platform. With so many other options on the market in the forms of Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, and iRacing, we can look at more opportunities to find the fun in the racing that we do. We wish all of our past rivals and competitors the best of luck in your journeys and we’d like to thank all the organizations we have raced with to help make some of the best racing we have experienced in our whole lives. It’s time for us to find new challenges and fly the flag of Inferno Racing across all platforms.

Rishav Khosla (FutureF1), Acting Team Owner:

When Mike approached me about making a team to race in a 24 hour event I’ll admit I was skeptical. I had never looked at the online aspect of Gran Turismo until he introduced me to it so I was certainly surprised at the pace of the guys around me. After my first race, I felt like quitting. I didn’t expect it to be so hard. Thanks to the community though, we were able to get back up on our feet and I saw my first race finish in 2nd place. From there, I knew the next step was to win and I did that just 4 weeks later. I continued to grow as a racer whether it be improving my lap times or consistency. I’ve wanted to race my whole life and the past year I’ve spent on Gran Turismo 6 has been one of the best of my life, taking part in over 60 races and taking over 20 race victories, along with one of the most frustrating. I wanted to be fast and that saw me push myself too hard way too often. I made careless mistakes that potentially lost my team another championship. I’ve messed up so much I’ve considered leaving for a while now. The only thing that has kept me here has been Inferno Racing. I suffered an injury in late 2015 that saw me take a leave from online racing and in those few months I’ve caught a glimpse of some of the other options on the market. As acting Team Owner, I’ve been wanting to move Inferno Racing to iRacing or Project CARS for a long time now and I’m extremely happy to be moving. Gran Turismo has been a game I’ve known my whole life but in recent months, the game has felt old and unchanged and the community no longer feels the same as what it did one year ago. I’m happy to be moving forward but at the same time I’m sad. I’ve been playing Gran Turismo for as long as I can remember and it’s become a part of my life. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope to see some of you join us wherever we end up.

Brian Blauman (rcb929), Acting Team Manager

113 Starts (05/07/14) - (01/24/16), 27 Poles, 41 Fastest Laps, 88 Podiums, 38 Wins, 3 Championships; those statistics speak for themselves. My GT6 career has been more than I could of ever envisioned. So many moments that can't be relived nor described that makes my career so special. And had it not been for the support from @FutureF1 and @Mike458, I wouldn't have made it to where I am today. Even people before them had helped get the start of my career going. @P1K3Y_M1k3Y drafted me into his series for my first race. And the result was the spark to keep going to prove myself as a top sim-racing driver. Next it was @Angel and @NearCptNitro who I was good friends with back in my BRRT days. But Future and Mike were the guys the changed my career completely. Driving for a new team still starting out and being able to get it to a front running team with drivers that can top time sheets and that can go out on track and win races and a championship is really amazing for us . But there was a time where I knew it would be time to move on from GT6, and the time is now. I can't thank everyone for my amazing career on Gran Turismo, but now it's time to end this chapter, turn the page, and start a new one. However, I'll definitely miss the people that I've raced against, friends and rivals alike, that pushed me to be a better driver. The compotation is what makes us push ourselves to find our limits and how we can go beyond the limits of what is possible for us. The passion of racing to go out, and race, and not just race, but to race for a win is what all racing drivers live by and so thankful for the moments sim-racing has given me. Unfortunately, my last race on GT6 didn't end in victory, but knowing that we gave everything as usual and more, makes up for it. It's sad to see the people we are leaving behind considering the amount of people I've become friends with, but I am very excited to see what the future may hold for Inferno as well as myself. I hope all of us at INF take a even bigger step closer to fulfilling our dreams to become professional racing drivers with the new challenges we will be facing. As for all of you, all my rivals, all of my competitors, all of my friends, I wish you the best of luck through the rest of 2016 and beyond. I hope we can continue racing on whatever platforms we end up next.

We took the chance to look back at our first year as a team on GT6 and came up with our Top 5 moments. We hope you enjoy watching them as much as we enjoyed experiencing them.

@AJ

Are there any plans to add replay cameras to the live stream in the future? I think that would be a fantastic tool for the commentators to utilize.

@AJ

Are there any plans to add replay cameras to the live stream in the future? I think that would be a fantastic tool for the commentators to utilize.
That'd be interesting... I don't want to say it'd be impossible, I know of a few twitch livestreamers that use multiple cameras to give different perspectives... May take multiple lobby slots to fulfill, though.

PS4 has more potential for this, but I don't own one so I can't be sure the share function can work to achieve this...

That'd be interesting... I don't want to say it'd be impossible, I know of a few twitch livestreamers that use multiple cameras to give different perspectives... May take multiple lobby slots to fulfill, though.

PS4 has more potential for this, but I don't own one so I can't be sure the share function can work to achieve this...

I think probably the best solution to this would be to double up on the recording equipment. So take one Elgato or similar recording box, put the broadcast through there, then do it again before running it to a TV of some kind. The only problem with that is he would need Tom or Andrew (probably the closest commentators to him) to run the replays because doing the stewarding and original camera work is probably a lot to do. So he'd probably need a separate room for them to broadcast in just so they aren't so loud, especially Tom when things get lively on track, that he's distracted from the job at hand.

Sure it would only do replays of what is already being broadcasted but that's better than no replays at all.

I think probably the best solution to this would be to double up on the recording equipment. So take one Elgato or similar recording box, put the broadcast through there, then do it again before running it to a TV of some kind. The only problem with that is he would need Tom or Andrew (probably the closest commentators to him) to run the replays because doing the stewarding and original camera work is probably a lot to do. So he'd probably need a separate room for them to broadcast in just so they aren't so loud, especially Tom when things get lively on track, that he's distracted from the job at hand.

Sure it would only do replays of what is already being broadcasted but that's better than no replays at all.
Or they can "hire" a different guy to control the 2 cameras. If someone has a decent Internet connection and dual monitors ir would be easy. The only problem is that this creates more potential problems. It would be best if the pc was onsite with a LAN connection.

You could call it a non paid internship. I'm sure someone looking to do it professionally would like to add something to their resume.

Back