CORE WEC Season 3Finished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 4,355 comments
slower or faster because I've heard MR cars get faster?

Its somewhat of a questionable myth, if you can't tune the car to ultimately suit you thus leaving you unable to tap its full potential, if you like a loose car after the tire glitch with the rears burning faster if you still have a tightish car after tuning, the tire glitch will for a few laps work in your favour by loosening it thus allowing you to drive it happily,

Its somewhat of a questionable myth, if you can't tune the car to ultimately suit you thus leaving you unable to tap its full potential, if you like a loose car after the tire glitch with the rears burning faster if you still have a tightish car after tuning, the tire glitch will for a few laps work in your favour by loosening it thus allowing you to drive it happily,
in theory that is what is supposed to happen but it is not what actually happens. I think I'm just gonna end up adding front downforce.

in theory that is what is supposed to happen but it is not what actually happens. I think I'm just gonna end up adding front downforce.

if you have tapped out the tune then it will be slower, if you haven't then you may go faster, either way the tire glitch will be invalid as it will be corrected before the race,

how do you know it will be corrected?

It just changes the balance on the car depending on the setup you have.
actually that is really helpful thanks! I'm thinking maybe the balance flips so it would be like this.
before49:51 after51:49

how do you know it will be corrected?

My understanding is that after the first pace lap everyone will pit, then commence a second pace lap and start the race, this cancels the glitch out so far......

Hence why I did all my setup work on the tyre glitch in terms of LSD, and before I found a better tune, my own.

I got the idea in the VLN, with the GTR it became edgy but more front end responsiveness but less overall stability. With the R8 it was tricky to control but after the glitch it became stable and easy to drive.

Last edited:
All GTE teams from this point forwards please keep on your toes and make sure you have a pretty good idea of what you want so this process can go as quickly as possible as the deadlines have been moved forwards pretty quickly now due to other teams being prompt with their choices ;)

My understanding is that after the first pace lap everyone will pit, then commence a second pace lap and start the race, this cancels the glitch out so far......
I'm 99.99% certain it doesn't cancel the glitch just makes so everyone is on a level playing field.

I'm 99.99% certain it doesn't cancel the glitch just makes so everyone is on a level playing field.

Correct. It doesn't stop the glitch, it just neutralises it so that if any driver has to pit for damage in the early laps, they are not overly disadvantaged by not only the pit stop, but then being the only running on the slower, 'glitched' tyres.

So after setting my car for oversteer (to compensate the tire glitch), I was 0.8 seconds SLOWER than my normal tune... This is why I don't tune my own cars.

Also why I'm about to just quit the game until pd fixes there mental stupidity. I thought Japan was one of the smartest countries PD (a Japanese company) is not showing this demographic

We should change the pitting settings during the Race. I hate glitches. Is there a way to get rid of the Glitch? I know nothing about that. We should discuss a Pit window.

Let me just make one thing abundantly clear... Stint 1 (as in the tyres you run from the start of the race) will be faster and last longer for no real reason, this means that if you get damage and have to pit in then you will lose time for no reason behind the guys who have not pitted in..... therefore the WEC will start, go round the track in grid order and pit in, they will then go round the track again and perform a rolling start. once that first pit stop is out the way everyone has the same level of grip and same tyres (no glitch) as everyone else....

Mmmmm, rolling thunder or screaming banshee? Choices, choices, Ford or Mazda?

A quick question, has anyone checked if the pit tyre glitch exsists if the compulsory pitstop is turned off?
just a thought.

A quick question, has anyone checked if the pit tyre glitch exsists if the compulsory pitstop is turned off?
just a thought.
I've never tried it with 'Compulsory Pit Stop' turned ON so I can confirm that when it is OFF the glitch definitely exists because that's what we've been using all along.

BTW @Glenalz81 , my Friends Request to Reape__Racing from Team_Motion_Blur has been pending for a couple of weeks now. Please can you accept it, and do make sure you have earned your National A and B licenses on the account, and bought and tuned your Racecar ready for the race.

I've never tried it with 'Compulsory Pit Stop' turned ON so I can confirm that when it is OFF the glitch definitely exists because that's what we've been using all along.

BTW @Glenalz81 , my Friends Request to Reape__Racing from Team_Motion_Blur has been pending for a couple of weeks now. Please can you accept it, and do make sure you have earned your National A and B licenses on the account, and bought and tuned your Racecar ready for the race.

ok...and on it :P

I don't like the Bee eM Wobble you at all. The wind noise drowns the engine and I keep on selecting the wrong gear:banghead:

The Mad AZ Death Adder is the fastest but I am having trouble with the low seating position and run off track :irked:

Looks like there is a Freaked Out Raging Demon in my future :confused:

Back