CORE WEC Season 3Finished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 4,355 comments
Had more time to test tonight and would like to confirm we'll go with the WHITE Ford GT. Me running Yellow wheels and Cobani running Orange.

FordGTTriple_zps6bf7192a.jpg

As many of you are aware I am running this years N24 and therefore will be fully focused on that, however that is all over in just over a weeks time and all my focus will be on WEC and that means test sessions.... When i get more information about availability I will let everyone know about testing together.

on the N24 note is you wish to get involved there are still a few spots left open for the support racings happening (drivers briefs will be up on monday) if you interested then let me know.

Also for those of you who are not involved in the N24, add @Ninners to your PSN, he's a good guy and knows how to set up CORE lobbies so if anyone wants to get some pre season testing in then he will be able to organise something which includes spec check at the start so you guys all get use to how it all works ;)

I am looking forward to getting together with all of the teams for some official testing! The best way to practice is to have as close of a racing environment as possible, so all of the teams congregating will be one of the coolest things, not to mention the benefits from it!

Redbullrider also has trackday sessions if you would like to join.

Spec Check is where we check whether your car is at the correct specification before starting qualifying, it's a very simple process.

30mins after the times in the calendar, spec check will begin. The host will begin to check specs for all the cars in LMP and GTE so say that Team 3 and Team 5 use a Speed 8 when that car is called to track all the Speed 8's will go so in this case both teams.

It is vital that you make any last minute setup changes before you head to track during spec check as you will be unable to change anything afterwards and it becomes Parc Ferme.

So the host will change the setting to e.g 719BHP - 940kg which is 908/Speed 8 spec and will either call via headset or text chat if you are allowed to enter the track(preferably just leave it in the pits), also please make sure you are alert as we like things done quickly. The host will then continue the process for all the other cars in both classes. After spec check is over a 5min break ensues just so you can prepare drinks or take a quick toilet break before qualifying starts or my case, lie down and think. Once qualifying is started headset and text chat use is not allowed unless you feel it's really needed, please note that during spec check we would like everyone to stay silent in order to get it done faster, please be alert during this so you can enter track at the right time and not cause others to wait until you are on track. We have quite a few cars to spec check so please try to respond quickly.

Redbullrider also has trackday sessions if you would like to join.

Spec Check is where we check whether your car is at the correct specification before starting qualifying, it's a very simple process.

30mins after the times in the calendar, spec check will begin. The host will begin to check specs for all the cars in LMP and GTE so say that Team 3 and Team 5 use a Speed 8 when that car is called to track all the Speed 8's will go so in this case both teams.

It is vital that you make any last minute setup changes before you head to track during spec check as you will be unable to change anything afterwards and it becomes Parc Ferme.

So the host will change the setting to e.g 719BHP - 940kg which is 908/Speed 8 spec and will either call via headset or text chat if you are allowed to enter the track(preferably just leave it in the pits), also please make sure you are alert as we like things done quickly. The host will then continue the process for all the other cars in both classes. After spec check is over a 5min break ensues just so you can prepare drinks or take a quick toilet break before qualifying starts or my case, lie down and think. Once qualifying is started headset and text chat use is not allowed unless you feel it's really needed, please note that during spec check we would like everyone to stay silent in order to get it done faster, please be alert during this so you can enter track at the right time and not cause others to wait until you are on track. We have quite a few cars to spec check so please try to respond quickly.
Yes I do host some trackdays but please note that they are public. I may open up CORE sessions but for that to happen I need a list of all CORE members or just have a closed session, which would require you to add me to participate.

Coming in late, but hot. I've missed 7 pages of thread that I ain't reading. So far, I know the date of the first event, what car my team will be in, and that I need to be practicing. If I haven't missed anything important, great. If I have, kindly point me to the relevant posts?

Also, this will sound like an incredibly stupid question, especially from someone who has raced in GT6 since its launch: What exactly is the "tire glitch?"

Coming in late, but hot. I've missed 7 pages of thread that I ain't reading. So far, I know the date of the first event, what car my team will be in, and that I need to be practicing. If I haven't missed anything important, great. If I have, kindly point me to the relevant posts?

Also, this will sound like an incredibly stupid question, especially from someone who has raced in GT6 since its launch: What exactly is the "tire glitch?"
You haven't missed anything important as far as I can tell. Now all you have to do is "TATI".....

Turn up, Aim it, Thrash it, Ignore the rest. :lol:

The tyre glitch is when all the tyres fitted in the pits during a race make you slower and wear the rears faster than the fronts compared to the new tyres you start a race with.

Last edited:
You haven't missed anything important as far as I can tell. Now all you have to do is "TATI".....

Turn up, Aim it, Thrash it, Ignore the rest. :lol:

The tyre glitch I when all the tyres fitted in the pits during a race make you slower and wear the rears faster than the fronts compared to the new tyres you start a race with.
Haha! I love that acronym!!!

And thanks for the tire glitch explanation! I thought that might be the glitch, but I didn't want to feel stupid by assuming. Is that also why you can faintly hear tires scrubbing in the background even in a straight line after a pit stop?

Not sure, in my testing, if I hear the tyres scrubbing I try to set the tune so it stops because if you don't your rear tyres don't last at all.

As many of you are aware I am running this years N24 and therefore will be fully focused on that, however that is all over in just over a weeks time and all my focus will be on WEC and that means test sessions.... When i get more information about availability I will let everyone know about testing together.

on the N24 note is you wish to get involved there are still a few spots left open for the support racings happening (drivers briefs will be up on monday) if you interested then let me know.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/2014-nurburgring-24-hour.293764/

Yup, the Support Races are going to be fun. These Megane Trophys look, sound and drive great around the shoret Nurb GP/D circuit and for those of you with eog's to massage, both races will be Livestreamed to the same audiance that'll be tuning in for the GTPN24. Go to the above link to sign up. Action starts at 11.00 GMT on 22nd Feb.

0DA30AA7-8B15-4CFB-98CB-04E4B277AC82_zpslhnxuj0k.jpg

EC06C099-9F4E-4011-8251-74E97EFFDDA3_zpshrtv6grn.jpg

6F66121D-A8BD-4405-B56F-B0DEAB85F03E_zpsv0gyyw9n.jpg

autosport_logo_mar09.jpg

THAR complete 2 hour shakedown at Spa.

THAR have recently completed a 150 minute test session at the mighty Spa circuit. Nin-Chin ran a total of 62 laps round the venue to access tyre/fuel performance runs, he also did performance runs with a 1:55.1 being his fastest time without the tyre glitch but he said that he was 0.2 up on that before he outbraked himself at the bus stop chicane. Nin-Chin also did a 1:58.0 with tyre glitch to round off the day in his Peugeot 908 HDI FAP Total '10. The team are confident of success and seem to be doing the right things to make an assault on the championship. Nin-Chin will partner ZovomirVanBasten in the THAR camp.

Back