Course Creator needs to hurry up!!!

Course Creator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ive been wait and waiting and waiting for this Course Creator
and I dont think I can wait any longer for it to come!! Its making me sick:guilty:

PD please either hire more staff of just give us what you got and update later!!:sly:

:gtpflag: Signed Island_Curt:cool:
I wouldn't be surprised if it never comes to GT6, seeing that PD has done hardly anything to the game in 4 months besides adding a few marketing gimmick cars (AKA Mercedes Benz VGT, Toyota FT1, and the Mario Andretti Hudson) and the redbull cars.

I wouldn't be surprised if it never comes to GT6, seeing that PD has done hardly anything to the game in 4 months besides adding a few marketing gimmick cars (AKA Mercedes Benz VGT, Toyota FT1, and the Mario Andretti Hudson) and the redbull cars.

Yep PD are just a dissapointment these days - I agree with the above and others mentioning (in other threads) gt5 seems to be getting more support and this baffles me :s As gt5 servers are shutting down soonish why all the attention?

Getting pretty tired of the norm business practices upheld by companies these days producing half-assed finished products releasing them and reaping the revenue from doing so then turning around to loyal customers and saying tough we have your money not our problem the product has massive issues!

Can rember a post/article that Kaz apparently stated that free DLC will be the way of the future of leading developers, well were is PD's innovative initiative?

Last edited:
oh trust me,i was a track creating nightmare for drifters.i had one called Nightmare,181 attempts at drifting a perfect lap without hitting a wall and only 8 were able to
Current List:
1.W1NNER101 (8LAPS) SLR MCLAREN 09
2.Myhtz99 (7 LAPS) RENUALT MEGANE TROPHY(MR)
3.Dylan1496 (3Laps) SCION FRS
4.dr24fan (3 Laps) CORVETTE C6 Z06
5.Syn-door-to-door1(2 laps) RUF RGT(RR)
6.Jonathanmledeux(1 lap) ALFA 8C COMPETIZIONE
7.balafire552(1 lap) SILVIA S15
8.OmegaDemon84(1 lap) SILVIA S14

Well if they ever decide to give us this course maker, the track which I would like to create called MT. Minamoto no Yuramasa will be suicidal to try to drift.but besides drift challenge tracks I have over 6000 tracks on gt5 spread across multiple users.Sick Cylinder featured one of my tracks called Carbon Hill Raceway for his weekly track races.I also ran a custom track lobby on gt5 which was popular.I feel everyone who's itching like me to get creative making tracks.

Yes. I don't see what is taking them so long to put things in that were supposed to be.

They are taking so long because they have no concept of "urgency", "respect for consumers" etc, especially given that Kaz said in September that the game was 80% finished, yet here we are, 6 months later with less than 80% of a game.

I can see why people are getting frustrated with a lack of course creator, running on the same tracks all the time gets a bit boring at times.

They are taking so long because they have no concept of "urgency", "respect for consumers" etc, especially given that Kaz said in September that the game was 80% finished, yet here we are, 6 months later with less than 80% of a game.

I can see why people are getting frustrated with a lack of course creator, running on the same tracks all the time gets a bit boring at times.

Its really frustrating. Like come on, now their talking about gt7 at least give us something and then work on that. Or just send everyone a ps4 qnd gt7 for the pain and confusion

There is no Course Creator, just a Course Generator. I didn't like it much in GT5, & I doubt whether GT6's version of it will change my mind.

VBR
There is no Course Creator, just a Course Generator. I didn't like it much in GT5, & I doubt whether GT6's version of it will change my mind.

It should include a GPS import feature ...that's why I'm interested ... the GT5 version I barely used ...

I wonder how will this GPS import feature look like. To belive that you will be able to reproduce a rl road alike is just an illusion. Instead I do belive that we will get an updated version of gt5 Course Generator.

I wonder how will this GPS import feature look like. To belive that you will be able to reproduce a rl road alike is just an illusion. Instead I do belive that we will get an updated version of gt5 Course Generator.
I assume you could get a 3D line representation of the road you travelled .... and re-dimension it in the Course generator ... probably you can alter the road width and the angles of the road surface ...
and a generic process will then do the same trick as was done in GT5 (or ModNationRacers :D)

VBR

With all due respect, nonetheless, aside from pedantics about what it is or isn't called or what it does, an enhanced version of the coursemaker we had in GT5 was/is an advertised, major component of the game, and as such, those of us who do like it (and even those who don't) deserve to have the paid content delivered before PD/Sony migrates their focus to future product offerings for other consoles.

Had they said they would not be delivering a course creator/course maker with GT6, I would have had no logical or compelling reason to purchase this version, irregardless of physics improvements. Their claim that the game would include an updated course maker, replete with a far larger "canvas" was the sole reason I purchased GT6. Otherwise, I would have simply stuck with GT5 and been done with the whole "drama" of Gran Turismo.

I assume you could get a 3D line representation of the road you travelled .... and re-dimension it in the Course generator ... probably you can alter the road width and the angles of the road surface ...
and a generic process will then do the same trick as was done in GT5 (or ModNationRacers :D)

Assuming it's "GPS" it'll be able to track elevation too and depending on the software/coding, May be able to determine road width and even camber? Seeing most GPS systems connect to a server these days (Google maps aka) and phone's are able to detect motion (gyroscopes)?

Sigh... with all due respect, I'm not holding my breath. At this point, I require a far more substantive, vocal response from PD than another useless teaser. For all we know, the teaser is simply an advertisement for GT7 related content.

Well, the principle is simple. While the GPS app is enabled, you drive, ride, walk, run etc a "proposed course", much as one can do with google map when creating a walking route or bicycle route. The smart phone app collects data along the route, including geographic location and (hopefully) elevation.

Once collected, the user (somehow) plugs that data into the game, either by a direct connection into the game via USB, via file transfer, or even via email (you'd email your data to your PSN identity) (or you enter your PSN id into the app and it automatically transfers the data to your game...or something else...detail there is in the end unimportant. the important thing will be getting from a (collecting) to b (presenting in game). What happens inbetween isn't (imo) all that important unless you actually have to code it. ;)

The game then maps that data into a course, presumably over a default gridwork, kinda like the reverse of skinning. How trees and other items of interest are populated will probably be the observe side of that theoretical skinning operation. The GPS data is the topographic content (think pin cushion) , the world's pretties (grass trees, stands, etc.) the skin which is applied, or more visibly "draped" over the topographic data. (In GT5, we worked with fixed topographies and fixed pretties, on which our generated content was applied) With regards to road camber, etc, not sure either, but my suspicion is that in that respect, it will be a combo of the GT5 method for adjusting "bank" and mathematical calculation of a "predicted" banking based on curvatures etc. How they'll deal with data outside the boundaries of the GPS collect data is puzzling, but one could use a variety of mathematical methods for filling in the gaps. First one that comes to mind is a (somewhat simple) reiterative approach used in fractal analysis, but that's probably way beyond this venue, and in the end unimportant for the vast majority if consumers who will benefit from its inclusion (presuming we ever see it beyond teasers)

However, we can presumably expect (and *should realistically expect) a certain degree of non uniformity between the real world and the GPS generated content. Personally I'm ok with that, since the power of being able to create similar analogs to the real world (not 100% accurate duplicates) to me far outweighs the requirement that every single nuance of the real world is reproduced in infinite precision, although I'm also quite sure (and saddened that) any deviations between the real world and the game's interpretation will inevitably be incorporated into the drama model so many seem to love, and it will no doubt provide them with hours of entertainment creating specious whines about how the curve on "my street" isn't exactly like the game and "PD suck cuz they didn't make it work exactly the same as my street" (which to me is a different beast from actual substantive complaints like "this content I paid for still hasn't been added to the game and your company has not produced any official comment on your failure, wtf!")

Of course, what you said about it being an updated version is
a) only logical. At least from my POV as a technical creator. One generally builds from previous experience, and we often reuse methods and functions, even if translated to a new programming language.
b) It's actually something I'm hoping for. I don't want them to simply replace the previous method for generating content with a GPS app, even though I think it's a great idea and have been saying so since my first days using the course maker back in GT5. I produced a large number of challenging, infinitely enjoyable road ways using the old creator and don't want to see the idea removed, just enhanced. To me, the main drawbacks were that course length limits were too short and I didn't have enough control over various aspects of their "creation". That doesn't mean I want to divorce her. Just someone please teach her how to cook something more complex than boil water and ramen noodles!

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with the course maker.
No a datalogger which logs multiple entities of car dynamics has nothing to do with the trajectory that has been travelled.
No you don't brake for a corner or accelerate from the corner onto the straight, no just adding 3 dimensions from GPS doesn't add anything ... No...
You are probably right... Shame on me

No a datalogger which logs multiple entities of car dynamics has nothing to do with the trajectory that has been travelled.
No you don't brake for a corner or accelerate from the corner onto the straight, no just adding 3 dimensions from GPS doesn't add anything ... No...
Look on the list on gran-turismo.com, they are clearly mentioned as two separate points.

But the system is designed to work on tracks, logging the movement to recreate that on a digital track in a REPLAY. It's not designed to create a new track so you can actually drive on it.

But the system is designed to work on tracks, logging the movement to recreate that on a digital track in a REPLAY. It's not designed to create a new track so you can actually drive on it.
You are just logging the GPS data at the same moment as the other data, so Yes those are separate functions.
But its just coordinates to record extra as you travel a circuit/track right?....

Yes but they work together perfectly don't you agree?
They wouldn't in practice. The data is enough to recreate the lap IF you already know the track. It is not enough to calculate the track from that with any form of accuracy, unless a lot of GPS data points are added, at which point the data logger becomes useless, as you can just use the GPS data instead (which is exactly what PD is doing with their planned course maker app).

Back