Course Creator needs to hurry up!!!

Course Creator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, the principle is simple.

GT6 and PS3 are really capable of something like this? I think any more DLC's will be pointless at some point.
That said, I would like to thank you for the exhaustive explanation. Look so simple now. 👍

Apparently so, or PD would not have committed to providing the Course maker and intimating that they will also be providing a GPS driven app for creating custom content. The second part is added value, the first is part and parcel of GT6, although they've failed to deliver and failed to inform us of why they haven't delivered.

I agree in principle, and for three months I accepted that, but they have not updated us at all on their progress, and it's been four months now, and they appear to have shifted their focus to GT7, so I have to question whether they are going to live up to their commitment in a timely manner.

Sigh... with all due respect, I'm not holding my breath. At this point, I require a far more substantive, vocal response from PD than another useless teaser. For all we know, the teaser is simply an advertisement for GT7 related content.

Well, the principle is simple. While the GPS app is enabled, you drive, ride, walk, run etc a "proposed course", much as one can do with google map when creating a walking route or bicycle route. The smart phone app collects data along the route, including geographic location and (hopefully) elevation.

Once collected, the user (somehow) plugs that data into the game, either by a direct connection into the game via USB, via file transfer, or even via email (you'd email your data to your PSN identity) (or you enter your PSN id into the app and it automatically transfers the data to your game...or something else...detail there is in the end unimportant. the important thing will be getting from a (collecting) to b (presenting in game). What happens inbetween isn't (imo) all that important unless you actually have to code it. ;)

The game then maps that data into a course, presumably over a default gridwork, kinda like the reverse of skinning. How trees and other items of interest are populated will probably be the observe side of that theoretical skinning operation. The GPS data is the topographic content (think pin cushion) , the world's pretties (grass trees, stands, etc.) the skin which is applied, or more visibly "draped" over the topographic data. (In GT5, we worked with fixed topographies and fixed pretties, on which our generated content was applied) With regards to road camber, etc, not sure either, but my suspicion is that in that respect, it will be a combo of the GT5 method for adjusting "bank" and mathematical calculation of a "predicted" banking based on curvatures etc. How they'll deal with data outside the boundaries of the GPS collect data is puzzling, but one could use a variety of mathematical methods for filling in the gaps. First one that comes to mind is a (somewhat simple) reiterative approach used in fractal analysis, but that's probably way beyond this venue, and in the end unimportant for the vast majority if consumers who will benefit from its inclusion (presuming we ever see it beyond teasers)

However, we can presumably expect (and *should realistically expect) a certain degree of non uniformity between the real world and the GPS generated content. Personally I'm ok with that, since the power of being able to create similar analogs to the real world (not 100% accurate duplicates) to me far outweighs the requirement that every single nuance of the real world is reproduced in infinite precision, although I'm also quite sure (and saddened that) any deviations between the real world and the game's interpretation will inevitably be incorporated into the drama model so many seem to love, and it will no doubt provide them with hours of entertainment creating specious whines about how the curve on "my street" isn't exactly like the game and "PD suck cuz they didn't make it work exactly the same as my street" (which to me is a different beast from actual substantive complaints like "this content I paid for still hasn't been added to the game and your company has not produced any official comment on your failure, wtf!")

Of course, what you said about it being an updated version is
a) only logical. At least from my POV as a technical creator. One generally builds from previous experience, and we often reuse methods and functions, even if translated to a new programming language.
b) It's actually something I'm hoping for. I don't want them to simply replace the previous method for generating content with a GPS app, even though I think it's a great idea and have been saying so since my first days using the course maker back in GT5. I produced a large number of challenging, infinitely enjoyable road ways using the old creator and don't want to see the idea removed, just enhanced. To me, the main drawbacks were that course length limits were too short and I didn't have enough control over various aspects of their "creation". That doesn't mean I want to divorce her. Just someone please teach her how to cook something more complex than boil water and ramen noodles!

I can remember when PD were promoting GT6, especially the new proposed GPS-course maker, they had a Google earth/maps image of a city with an outlined track running through the image cities streets.

In regards to xiando's post this could be how they will implent scenery into the created tracks. I have watched a bit if that kaz/gt6 documentary and they were using Google earth/maps to outline the scenery vectors to be imported into the game then using the image this was taking by to visually fill in the gaps aka decal and details of the buildings etc such as windows and colour.

Apparently so, or PD would not have committed to providing the Course maker and intimating that they will also be providing a GPS driven app for creating custom content. The second part is added value, the first is part and parcel of GT6, although they've failed to deliver and failed to inform us of why they haven't delivered.
Ok, I'm eager to see it at work. As long as I'm able to build up the Donongton Park circuit I don't mind much the environment. I'll be more than happy even if they put the surroundings a desert(arctic) landscape look-alike.

Last edited:

Well that just tells us that the GPS visualizer has nothing to do with PD. Well Nissan and PD have a joint collaboration on this but it's basically a useless feature that only (guessing and being nice here) 1% of GT6 players will be able to use.

1. You have to have one of the Nissan cars that has the feature and if correct the Nismo GTR does, but oh there's only 200 worldwide and how many of these 200 have and play GT6
2. This feature (mentioned in an earlier post) will only work on a select few real world RACE TRACKS - this being the monster in the picture. Of those (say 200) with the car able to utilise this has GT6 and actual permission to drive around one of these tracks?

I definately hope PD isn't promoting or advertising this as they are severely letting us GT fans down. As said earlier this is an additional extra feature and not the promised GPS-course maker! If that is the case PD seriously needs to get their 🤬 into gear and stop wasting valuable time on stuff that want affect or be accesable by 99% of GT6 players, just like the crap 1.05 update that featured multiple monito support - again a feature that wouldn't be used by the majority of players. At this stage an Xbox One is looking very tasty with Forza 5 as I don't see the point of a PS4 with its non-existance multi media capabilities and the fact just about every game now is supported across multiple platforms - why shall I continue to support PD?

Well that just tells us that the GPS visualizer has nothing to do with PD. Well Nissan and PD have a joint collaboration on this but it's basically a useless feature that only (guessing and being nice here) 1% of GT6 players will be able to use.

1. You have to have one of the Nissan cars that has the feature and if correct the Nismo GTR does, but oh there's only 200 worldwide and how many of these 200 have and play GT6
2. This feature (mentioned in an earlier post) will only work on a select few real world RACE TRACKS - this being the monster in the picture. Of those (say 200) with the car able to utilise this has GT6 and actual permission to drive around one of these tracks?

I definately hope PD isn't promoting or advertising this as they are severely letting us GT fans down. As said earlier this is an additional extra feature and not the promised GPS-course maker! If that is the case PD seriously needs to get their 🤬 into gear and stop wasting valuable time on stuff that want affect or be accesable by 99% of GT6 players, just like the crap 1.05 update that featured multiple monito support - again a feature that wouldn't be used by the majority of players. At this stage an Xbox One is looking very tasty with Forza 5 as I don't see the point of a PS4 with its non-existance multi media capabilities and the fact just about every game now is supported across multiple platforms - why shall I continue to support PD?
I'll try my positive approach again:

suppose you can import GPS data from somewhere to GT6.
suppose you don't need an exclusive car to track your route but you use your cellphone for this ...
- _ why would they try to market something for the elite few ... and not for the big masses ... (think $)

suppose they re-introduce the data-logger from GT5 .. upgraded to GT6 with GPS coordinates
suppose you could base tracks on GPS data ...
- _ which isn't a big deal ... since the already had a track generator in GT5 ...

maybe just maybe ... we might have the technology available ... which with some effort can be put to use ..

No ... I would rather be constructively negative ... then to believe in such features to become available in the near future ....

@Jimmy_DA I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with PD... :lol:

True, except PD need to write the code and program it/implement it into their product (game) - this I do not get, wasting time on additional features outside PD's scope and not on actual promised features that was used as a major selling point yet to materialise.

Even if I had no interest in it whatsoever I would say it's needed. Why? Well, mainly because they announced it as part of the game and if it's not added then they lied. Simple as that.

It doesn't matter when the course maker comes or not, it's long overdue. But hey, don't worry, PD will probably say its being saved for GT7.

"Please be patient" Kaz saids with a straight face. "BUT", a surprised look appearing on his face, "It'll be added later in a future update, please be excited." AGAIN... :rolleyes:

Then Toko wonders. "I wonder if there anymore patient folks?" He questioned. "They all moved on to greater games like pCARS, Forza, you name it." Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... Well you deside?

I'd have no trouble with PD confessing they overshot the mark with GT6 and just can't get the Course Creator to work within the limitations of the PS3. Throw us a couple of free DLC cars (good ones, new to the series, not updated versions of Skylines) and promise to include it on Day 1 of GT7 and that would more than satisfy me. It's the lack of communication that annoys me the most.

I'd have no trouble with PD confessing they overshot the mark with GT6 and just can't get the Course Creator to work within the limitations of the PS3. Throw us a couple of free DLC cars (good ones, new to the series, not updated versions of Skylines) and promise to include it on Day 1 of GT7 and that would more than satisfy me. It's the lack of communication that annoys me the most.

As much as the lack of communication irritates me, I would NOT be satisfied with some one percenter solution in which I get screwed to save face for PD/Sony, and which expects me to purchase a new console and new version (which is growing less and less likely with every passing day of inaction on the part of Sony/PD) in order to maybe possibly perhaps get course creator in some new version.

The course creator (and other major features) have been delayed in part due to bugs. That much I can accept. The rest is because they've shifted focus to GT7 for PS4, neither of which apply to the commitment they made for the version that some 2+ million players purchased.

I expect them to deliver this MAJOR feature of GT6 for THIS version.

Last edited:
As much as the lack of communication irritates me, I would NOT be satisfied with some one percenter solution in which I get screwed to save face for PD/Sony and expects me to purchase a new console in order to maybe possibly perhaps get course creator in some new version.

The coruse creator (and other major featurs) have been delayed inpart due to bugs. That much I can accept. The rest is because they've shifted focus to GT7 for PS4, neither of which apply to the commitment they made for the version that some 2+ million players purchased.

I expect them to deliver this MAJOR feature of GT6 for THIS version.
What is a one-percenter solution:confused:

Yeah, I agree with this. I'd be pretty bummed but if they came out and just said "sorry guys, the hardware won't do it. To make up for it here's some cars (or better yet, tracks from old GT games)" I'd be ok with that.

That being said, I'm still pretty confident that we'll get the course maker for gt6. They're starting to get the promised features out of the way so it should be a matter of time.

Edit: Oh, and this is the #1 feature I'm most excited for so...ASAP please...

Last edited:
i sincerly hope they deliver on this.to be honest i think either a change in management or a serious meeting reguarding allowing what needs to be done allowed to get done.if kaz's team takes 6 years to develop a high quality game that delivers as advertised then sony should have enough business sense to give them time.i seriously think that the pressure to rush the game to market is detrimental to the value of the franchise

By the time it comes out, IF it comes out, no one will care anymore. So much for "patience". lol. And if it comes out for GT7, anyone with any kind of integrity or self respect won't buy it so it won't matter.

I can see the hype for GT7 now: "COURSE CREATOR!!!!, COMMUNITY FEATURES!!!!, B-SPEC!!!!!, ETC ETC ETC!!!!!"

And response? "Yeah, we heard that before. *yawn*"

And hopefully at that point the cash register does NOT ring!!

Lol I know, I'm sure they're holding a lot just to add to gt7 for everyone to buy. If its not in the game from day one. I'm not buying it

Back