Nissan Connect NISMO plus and 2015 GTR NISMO coming to GT6 in June?

• Thread starter MCNAGTROC
  • 352 comments
United States
NC
MCNAGTROC
As some of you know when the NISMO GTR was announced there was news you would be able to record performance parameters & GPS data to recreate in GT6. That system is called "Nissan Connect NISMO Plus" and Nissan has posted their first teaser of it today. While the footage did not show any in game shots of the GTR NISMO you have to imagine it will be available as DLC as soon as this feature goes live in June

I cant wait to test this feature out when I get mine July 31st!

Thanks!

You know guys...Im also wondering if this system will only work on predetermined tracks in game track like say willow springs or Leguna. Or if it will allow you to record any route data to recreate in GT6. That would involve having to have the course maker feature live as well. I hope this is a hint of that too

Especially the part with the mobile phone at the end looks promising... The accuracy will obviosly be less then the Built-in system... But it sure makes it possible to record any road/track.
Really looks like they hear our whining and start to tease with that course maker and data logger..

If they add another GTR into Gran Turismo you can bet that the whole forum will erupt, and it'll honestly be justified.

As for this though, it'll probably only work with in game tracks, and it's likely seeming that the GPS creator is far out, cause it hasn't been mentioned in forever.

Posted once, will repost.

Another cooler, faster GT-R variant? Hmmm. If it's free:

137057883858.jpg

It's a Nissan; if anything speculated, Nissan's cars are most-likely to be added as future content easily.

But then again, this Nissan is worth hyping over~

Or if it will allow you to record any route data to recreate in GT6. That would involve having to have the course maker feature live as well. I hope this is a hint of that too

Honestly, I can't fathom the connection. Why would the course maker need to be live for this?

Honestly, I can't fathom the connection. Why would the course maker need to be live for this?

because if it wasnt it would just be locked to existing tracks. that's a good possibility as it could be a limited thing. because lets face it this is limited accessibility to begin with. They are only making 200 GTR NISMOs and the US is getting just 52. So this feature is just for a handful of people.

what this implies for the GT6 community as a whole is A) a 2015 GTR NISMO is on the way soon
B) this could possibly kick off the long waited and planned GPS based course maker to be live as this is basically nissan re branding Polyphony tech we know was planned in the first place

when the GT6 app was being discussed there was talks of recreating a driving route via GPS in GT6. This feature on the NISMO does just that and is basically that same tech since this nissan feature is tied to polyphony. So to get the full use out of it you would have to also be able to recreate routes that arnt on a predetermined track

so in theory they would(could) go hand in hand

A lot of people seem to think that the "data logger" feature and the "GPS course maker" feature are the same thing.

this nismo connect is a data logger but it also uses GPS so you can recreate a lap. the part we dont know yet is will it let you recreate something with the GTR NISMO that already isnt in the game. thats where the GPS course maker app would possibly come into play

Last edited:
because if it wasnt it would just be locked to existing tracks ( and that's a possibility)

when the GT6 app was being discussed there was talks of recreating a driving route via GPS in GT6. This feature on the NISMO does just that and is basically that same tech since this nissan feature is tied to polophny. So to get the full use out of it you would have to also be able to recreate routes that arnt on a predetermined track

so in theory they would(could) go hand in hand
Back when they did that information thing at Willow Springs last year when @Jordan was there, they had the Toyota/Scion/Subaru GT-86/FR-S/BR-Z (A.K.A. The Scioybaru) available to take around Streets of Willow. And IIRC, it was noted that the data logger would only work with tracks that are currently in Gran Turismo 6.

Back when they did that information thing at Willow Springs last year when @Jordan was there, they had the Toyota/Scion/Subaru GT-86/FR-S/BR-Z (A.K.A. The Scioybaru) available to take around Streets of Willow. And IIRC, it was noted that the data logger would only work with tracks that are currently in Gran Turismo 6.

yup and that is probably the way this will go too. which being on the east coast of the US would severely limit my ability to test this out at least in my own NISMO.

The only thing possibly different is there was indeed talks of the
GPS app that recreates driving routes...but we will have to see

yup and that is probably the way this will go too. The only thing possibly different is there is indeed talks of the
GPS app that recreates driving routes...but we will have to see
From what I remember, a USB stick was plugged into the car and tha is where the data for the Data Logger is. Then, you plug that into your PS3,and ta-da! As for the Course Maker, I'm assuming it will be an app because it is what PD said on the coming soon features list.

A lot of people seem to think that the "data logger" feature and the "GPS course maker" feature are the same thing.
That's your assumption... Let your mind be creative and project the data of the datalogger on the travelled route... Hmmmm
There might be connections here breaking points are positionable with GPS data...
Think before you judge someone please

That's your assumption... Let your mind be creative and project the data of the datalogger on the travelled route... Hmmmm
There might be connections here breaking points are positionable with GPS data...
Think before you judge someone please
It's possible to create a track from that data, yes. But if you look on the website, this is NOT a planned feature. Comments like this just give false hope, and results in people getting angry at PD for not implementing a "promised" feature which wasn't promised at all.

I'm not making false promises I just looked at the teaser.... And it gives fuel for both coursemaker and datalogger
You're not making false promises, but people can (and will) interpret this as confirmations.

Here is a nice example of what I envision... And also see in the teaser..
Do not underestimate the average reader here... They are quite capable in forming their own opinion!

See this is exactly the kind of elaborate sideshow that will distract and drain resources from useful patching and updating GT6. I have no doubts it's all very good fun but unless they are using it to develop ai or something then it's use will be so narrow that it won't be much use to everyone.

So yes, clearly it is only for real world tracks in the game, just like the GT86 system. It's a telemetry system, it won't be recording enough data to build a track from and that isn't its purpose.

Last edited:
Back