COURSE MAKER found in recent update game code!

• Thread starter Streeto
  • 374 comments
I think PD are waiting until Project Cars releases,so they can throw a curve ball. It's obvious it can't be what they first claimed it will be,i mean they could have at least gave us GT5's version and then upgrade later.

But you realize once this is released,it will be "complete" and then what? A few VGTs?. But then everyone's going to be saying "when's GT7 coming out?". So in a way,it buys them some time.

I'd rather it in GT6 so GT6 is complete, then move on to 7.

Don't you think it's too late for that? It's like if Nintendo announces a new map maker for the original Golden Eye 64, when, despite it's one hell of a legend of a game, no one will be dusting off their N64's to play it again on a regular basis. Just a random example. Not to be taken seriously, but it's a valid analogy.

Waiting for a major feature to appear years later when the game has lost all of its spark is kind of painful. GT6 is done, no matter if people still play it. There's a lot of current gen games that have just came out, or are about to be released. There's Forza 5, the upcoming Forza 6, those PC sims that people love to talk about here, the upcoming Pcars (despite its awful lack of content).

So yeah. No point. I'd say it's about time to move on to the new gen and work full-time on GT7. My wallet is waiting.

It's like if Nintendo announces a new map maker for the original Golden Eye 64, when, despite it's one hell of a legend of a game, no one will be dusting off their N64's to play it again on a regular basis.
Shoot if someone were to announce an update (how it would possible I don't know) for one of my favorite classics I'd hook up my old system right away...I still play a few of my ps1 games...(and a few that are older than the ps1 but Monster Rancher 2 for the ps1 rocks.)

Don't you think it's too late for that? It's like if Nintendo announces a new map maker for the original Golden Eye 64, when, despite it's one hell of a legend of a game, no one will be dusting off their N64's to play it again on a regular basis. Just a random example. Not to be taken seriously, but it's a valid analogy.
It would be a valid analogy if you were talking about GT4 but not GT6

Waiting for a major feature to appear years later when the game has lost all of its spark is kind of painful. ..
The games has been out for 16 months, that is not quite the same as years later.

The feature was promised for GT6 and it needs to be delivered for GT6

Waiting for a major feature to appear years later when the game has lost all of its spark is kind of painful. GT6 is done, no matter if people still play it. There's a lot of current gen games that have just came out, or are about to be released. There's Forza 5, the upcoming Forza 6, those PC sims that people love to talk about here, the upcoming Pcars (despite its awful lack of content).

So yeah. No point. I'd say it's about time to move on to the new gen and work full-time on GT7. My wallet is waiting.

GT6 will be played around the world for years! to come. GT7 and GT6 can comfortably co-exist no problem It would just be weird if a course maker is not in GT7 at launch then..

It seems to me that the only reason you feel it shouldn't be in GT6 Is because you feel it's dead. And you said it yourself really:

GT6 is done, no matter if people still play it.

This would be valid for GT5 (where the online features are disabled) but for a game which still attracts players, I don't think it is done. We're just over a year into GT6, and remember GT5? That started off fairly poor but was soon great, thanks to updates ages after release, so why can't GT6 do the same?

And what's to say PD can't just port this from GT6 to GT7 meaning that they're developing both in unison?

It's a huge pity that the Course Maker is coming so long after the game released but it is a feature promised for GT6 so PD must deliver it. If they went back on that there would be justifiable outage.

I am really looking forward to trying it despite GT6 not holding my attention so much anymore. I still log-in daily but will only do the Seasonal Events unless a new VGT launches in which case the interest lasts a little longer.

Personally, I haven't no problem with the schedule of GT6. On the contrary, it's very well !

I'll wait easier GT7 because I'll always be on GT6.

They keep their promises, they surprised us by offering us, for example, Midfield Raceway and especially, I have a lot of fun with this game....

I'm really happy for PoDi, they handed the series back on track. But be careful : I don't forget Seattle Circuit! :D

I'm kind of leaning towards the idea of PD just ditching this for GT6 and doing it for GT7 on release. Gives them more time to develop it. I really hate the idea of this coming way too late when there might be a lot of people who have lost interest in GT6 already. But mainly because I don't want this to happen with GT7; waiting on promised features for years. I just couldn't handle it again.

I'd rather they made a course maker that they could implement in both GT6 and GT7. Behind the scenes, the course makers for each game could be pretty similar, and the GT7 version of it could just give the track a prettier "paint job".

Course Maker is a HUGE thorn in my side. This was one of the things I was most excited about with GT6......and well over a year later.......nothing. This was billed pre-release and it's something PD has UTTERLY FAILED on delivering. I tried to keep faith in PD, but I'm kinda done. A "feature" delivered this long after a release isn't a feature, it's a failure. Kaz has already started mentioning GT7 stuff, but hasn't even delivered on the GT6 promises. The GT5 corse maker could have been implemented until his envisioned course maker was a reality.

Project CARS is set for release in April after yet another delay, but I have seen & played the PC version and it is MILES ahead of anything GT series has done in every way. The feel of each individual car is phenomenal. The sounds, the graphics, the details are all vastly superior to anything I have seen anywhere. When this hits, course maker won't matter, because I won't even be touching GT6 again.

GT7?? I'll have to be convinced to come back to the GT series now. I definitely will not pre-order. I'll wait for reviews and if it's not truly ground breaking, amazingly updated, to the point that it is a must own for sim racing....sorry no sale.

I think PD are waiting until Project Cars releases,so they can throw a curve ball. It's obvious it can't be what they first claimed it will be,i mean they could have at least gave us GT5's version and then upgrade later.

But you realize once this is released,it will be "complete" and then what? A few VGTs?. But then everyone's going to be saying "when's GT7 coming out?". So in a way,it buys them some time.
Livery editor ?

Project CARS is set for release in April after yet another delay, but I have seen & played the PC version and it is MILES ahead of anything GT series has done in every way. The feel of each individual car is phenomenal. The sounds, the graphics, the details are all vastly superior to anything I have seen anywhere. When this hits, course maker won't matter, because I won't even be touching GT6 again.
Every way? I don't think so. Yes it should be good and should be a better sim with better sound and physics and will have leader boards but it does not have anywhere near the selection of cars that GT does nor does it allow for car collecting nor upgrading them. The track selection is good but still not as varied as GT.

I hope PCars will be very good and keep me interested but it is not the same type of game as GT or Forza.

Kaz has already started mentioning GT7 stuff, but hasn't even delivered on the GT6 promises.
I don't think you know what that word means.

I'm not sure how many times I need to say this to people, but there have been NO promises broken. The website says it will come in a future update, and until PD officially stops updating GT6 and moves on 100% to GT7, then the website will remain accurate.

I don't think you know what that word means.

I'm not sure how many times I need to say this to people, but there have been NO promises broken. The website says it will come in a future update, and until PD officially stops updating GT6 and moves on 100% to GT7, then the website will remain accurate.

Your point is taken, but..... this feature was plugged pre-release and was a major reason for my purchase. Not to say I haven't enjoyed the game, but this obscenely long delay has not kept me interested as a customer, it's had the opposite effect.

Every way? I don't think so. Yes it should be good and should be a better sim with better sound and physics and will have leader boards but it does not have anywhere near the selection of cars that GT does nor does it allow for car collecting nor upgrading them. The track selection is good but still not as varied as GT.

I hope PCars will be very good and keep me interested but it is not the same type of game as GT or Forza.

I have to say, you do have very good point. PCARS is not the same game as GT & Forza. Yes both are racers, but GT is a much broader stroke of racing. Tuning, B-Spec, car collecting, maintenance, licenses, & race earnings won't be in PCARS. I don't think they'll have a track builder...either...well maybe in a couple of years....????!!!!!!!!

The number of cars is a bit of a double edge sword for me. Yes GT6 has more cars, but a lot are not premium (I race in cockpit view, so this is bigger for me than others). The sounds... this is supposedly why most of the cars sound so outdated, too many. Also, (My Opinion Here) a large portion feel (to me anyways) like ports of past builds designed for older physics, and not truly reworked with each physics upgrade. Not that GT developers don't work hard, it's just with that many cars and continual physics updates every few years.... it just feels like a bunch are just pretty shells that don't represent the feel of the actual car. I don't have a problem with the selection being smaller if they are that much better.

I didn't go so far as to say I'd never buy a GT title again, but Poly will have to earn my $$$ this time. It won't be an automatic pre-order this go. I really hope the competition PCARS is bringing to consoles, will lead to more innovation, and better products across the board for console racers. If GT7 is a leap forward in realism compared to PCARS, I'll own it.

However, I'm am pissed at Poly, because a big part of my excitement for this game was based on a feature that still hasn't released over a year after the fact. I understand it was stated as it would release in the future, but t feels as though I'll have to install a Flux Capacitor into a DeLorean just to see this thing. Not to mention, how much time will we really get to build with this before they want me to shell out more $$ for GT7? At least give us regular updates, video of beta builds.....something.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread made me revisit Sierra to get some better shots

Also tried Midfield :P
Have you tried the Red Bull Ring?

It looks like it could be one of those open tracks.

i16pcQxNBwFWThH.jpg

I just hope we will have the possibility to choose a bumpy roaf surface like the nürburgring has.
Thats a huge part of making the courses feel realistic as bunps translate to the weel!

But seeing sierra i think that wont happen :guilty:

I just hope we will have the possibility to choose a bumpy roaf surface like the nürburgring has.
Thats a huge part of making the courses feel realistic as bunps translate to the weel!

But seeing sierra i think that wont happen :guilty:

That's just one track though.

That's just one track though.
Yes but it replicates an open road course which should have bumps and so, so i dont think it will be possible to choose the tarmac bumpiness or to choose a generally bumpy theme.

The number of cars is a bit of a double edge sword for me. Yes GT6 has more cars, but a lot are not premium (I race in cockpit view, so this is bigger for me than others).
Well even so there are still more cars that are premium that the total number of cars in most games so even if you do not count any of the standards GT still has a larger and better car assortment.

Back