Cowboy's GT6 Car Review Thread

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 99 comments
Car #9: Acura DN-X '02

mPzE5xrgKOjG8nSad_0.jpg

Introduction

The Acura DN-X first made its appearance in GT4. Basically it's the twin brother to the Japanese Honda Dualnote from 2001. I liked this one in GT5 so I'm expecting somewhat of a pleasant drive.

The Looks

It doesn't look much like an Acura/Honda, but hey, it's a concept. Medium lines complement this car, with a kinda aggressive look to the front, while the rest of the car is smooth looking. Unfortunately it's a standard so I cannot say anything about the interior.

The Specs

The DN-X produces 388 HP @ 6,500 rpm, and 256.7 ft-lb of torque @ 4,500 rpm. All this coes from a 3,500 cc, naturally aspirated engine. It has an interesting sounding 4WD drivetrain and weighs 1,390 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 3.267 sec
0-100: 8.767 sec
400m: 11.667 sec
1,000m: 21.950 sec
Top Speed: 201 mph (est.)

Acceleration is good on this car. 4WD showed its power coming off the start, propelling the car to 60 in about 3.3 seconds. The gears are long on this one also, with a top speed probably being ~240 mph.

Road Test

Tested this car out a R246. First thing I noticed, oversteer. A lot of it. Throw it into a corner and you're answered with a drift. Go too fast, and you get understeer. It kinda disappointed me in the road test, because I could not get the hang of it one bit. It's really unpredictable behavior makes it almost dangerous to drive. But hey, who said this couldn't be a drifter?

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Looks good in quality from a distance
  • Good acceleration at lower speeds
Cons
  • Unpredictable in the corners
  • But ugly with those tinted windows
  • Costs too much

Final Thoughts

Well the DN-X wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, especially since the 4WD was non-existant in the road test, and the fact is costs 3/4 of a million dollars. I wouldn't recommend buying it if you're looking for an easy car to drive, but would recommend it to a person who needs to get away from the road cars for once. My final raging on this one is.....

6.5/10

Last edited:
Car #10: Acura NSX LM Race Car '91

rFMrduSFzkE8FqBgq_0.jpg

Introduction

The NSX LM is the race modified version of the '91 NSX. It was first seen in GT5 and now resides in the touring car section of GT6. All I'm expecting is pretty much the same drive as the '91 NSX.

The Looks

Well, this car has smooth lines all around and has a rear spoiler to complement it. A few decals make up the lower part and this is car is paintable.

The Specs

The LM has 373 HP @ 7,800 rpm and 264.2 ft-lb of torque @ 6,300 rpm. All this comes from a mid mounted, naturally aspirated 2,977 cc engine. There are no specs on the dimensions, and this car weighs just 1,045 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 2.800 sec
0-100: 7.250 sec
400m: 10.934 sec
1,000m: 20.500 sec
Top Speed: 169 mph (est.)

The LM has good acceleration, but unfortunately has a 5-speed gearbox. It isn't all that bad, because some perform better with less gears. The actual top speed is not much faster than what I established because I was redlining at 165 mph.

Road Test

I decided to test this out at Brands Hatch. Compared to its road-going twin, this one is planted very well to the road. It's only when you push to hard on the tighter corners that you kick the rear out, but overall I am pleasantly impressed with its performance. After a couple laps, I received a 1:29.516.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Planted to road
  • Responsive driving
Cons
  • Can't be upgraded enough to take on any faster touring cars.

Final Thoughts

I was surprised on how this this car performed. It's a good car to start out with if you are new to the race cars of GT6, or are looking for a low end race car to run in your own series. My final rating for this car is.....

9/10​

Car #11: Acura NSX Concept '13

U0p5tjbFDgvShZPBf_0.jpg

Introduction

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas. As a gift to you guys, I present to you a review from me. That aside, this car was first seen in GT6 and resides in both the Acura and Honda dealerships.

The Looks

This car has far more aggressive looks than its previous versions. There's a lot going on in the lines of this one, with an intimidating face and tailights that extend all the way across the rear. Unfortunately, you are unable to add an aero Kit or change the rims, but you can paint it.

The Specs

This car has no specs other than a 4WD drivetrain and a naturally aspirated engine.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 2.833 sec
0-100: 6.610 sec
400m: 10.733 sec
1,000m: 19.767 sec
Top Speed: 234 mph (est.)

The NSX flies off the line and gets to 60 in a whopping 2.8 seconds. Even crazier is that it hit 234 mph, but can probably get to 240 before topping out.

Road Test

Tested this at Big Willow. Just like its looks, it has a lot going on when driving too. Go into most turns and you will receive understeer, push it too hard in the corners and you will induce oversteer. When you do find the strengths and weaknesses though, it becomes a bit of a rocket. After a couple of laps, the best time I got was 1:23.313.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Continues the legacy of the legend itself
  • Comes off the line like a bat outta 🤬
Cons
  • Can't be painted
  • Can't have an aero Kit
  • $1,000,000 is a bit much isn't it?
  • Little unpredictable in the corners
Final Thoughts

This didn't fail to impress me. It's not a bad way to end my reviews for the Acura department. It's not as perfect as its father, but the new age of car fanatics will probably enjoy this as much as the Lamborghini Aventador. My final review on this one is......

8/10

Last edited:
Car #10: Acura NSX LM Race Car '91

rFMrduSFzkE8FqBgq_0.jpg

Introduction

The NSX LM is the race modified version of the '91 NSX. It was first seen in GT5 and now resides in the touring car section of GT6. All I'm expecting is pretty much the same drive as the '91 NSX.

The Looks

Well, this car has smooth lines all around and has a rear spoiler to complement it. A few decals make up the lower part and this is car is paintable.

The Specs

The LM has 373 HP @ 7,800 rpm and 264.2 ft-lb of torque @ 6,300 rpm. All this comes from a mid mounted, naturally aspirated 2,977 cc engine. There are no specs on the dimensions, and this car weighs just 1,045 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 2.800 sec
0-100: 7.250 sec
400m: 10.934 sec
1,000m: 20.500 sec
Top Speed: 169 mph (est.)

The LM has good acceleration, but unfortunately has a 5-speed gearbox. It isn't all that bad, because some perform better with less gears. The actual top speed is not much faster than what I established because I was redlining at 165 mph.

Road Test

I decided to test this out at Brands Hatch. Compared to its road-going twin, this one is planted very well to the road. It's only when you push to hard on the tighter corners that you kick the rear out, but overall I am pleasantly impressed with its performance. After a couple laps, I received a 1:29.516.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Planted to road
  • Responsive driving
Cons
  • Can't be upgraded enough to take on any faster touring cars.

Final Thoughts

I was surprised on how this this car performed. It's a good car to start out with if you are new to the race cars of GT6, or are looking for a low end race car to run in your own series. My final rating for this car is.....

9/10​
Favorite review so far. And one of my favorite from GT5.

10/10 👍

Car #12: AEM S2000

LYJR6PWfWSjhz73gI_0.jpg

Introduction

Hope everybody had a good Christmas and a happy New Year! Sorry if it's been a while since the last review, for I've been seeing my extended family for the holidays. So today we have the AEM S2000. The S2000 won the Gran Turismo Award at the 2005 SEMA auto show. I first noticed this car in GT5 being used in some drifting rooms, and that's basically what this car is meant to do. It does come somewhat cheap at $100,000, so can it compete with its tuning bretheren?

The Looks

The aero mods are quite clean on this car. No huge wing in the back, but instead a smaller wing with some custom front and rear bumper along with custom skirts. The livery is one that I like, with flames running down the sides like the front wheels are burning on every corner. Plenty of decals make up this car too, with at least one found nearly anywhere on the car.

The Specs

The S2000 produces 451 HP @ 6,600 rpm and 365.2 ft-lb of torque @ 6,500 rpm. All this comes from a front mounted, turbocharged 2,600 cc engine, and it weighs in at 1,155 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 3.633 sec
0-100: 8.500 sec
400m: 11.716 sec
1,000m: 21.650 sec
Top Speed: 175 mph (est.)

The S2000 spins off the start and gets to 60 in just over 3.5 sec. I thought this would have a lower top speed since its a D1 car, but I could only established a speed of 175 mph.

Road Test

I decided to take this car to Route 5 Clubman. It comes standard with comfort softs, and has an uneven weight distribution of 47:53. So, as expected, this car wanted to drift on every corner, which is what I did. So the only concern I can think of on this is it's tendency to oversteer. After a couple laps, I raked in a 1:03.352.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Makes a stable drifter
  • Smooth gear changes
Cons
  • Not necessarily meant for track driving
  • Easily overlooked by other cars of its class

Final Thoughts

I have nothing left to say about this car, other than that I would recommend for it to be used by somebody who is bored and needs a car. It's not really a good choice over others, unless you prefer premium over standard, but I'm not gonna go into that. My final rating for this is.....

7/10

Car #13: Art Morrison Corvette '60

car_1018_46737_555e62495c8c5.jpg

Introduction

What do you get when you slap a big engine, combined with modern technology in a 54 year old automobile? Well, you get this car. You more than likely remember this car from GT5, as it was the star of the show in the seasonal drift trials, so lets see how she does in GT6.

The Looks

Nothing real impressive on this. No outside changes, except for the rims that make this look different from other vettes out there. On the inside you will find that this car is anything but original. The inside seems as though it came from, let's say, a Ferrari. All in all, its a wolf under sheeps clothing.

The Specs

Remember that last sentence? This is where the wolf comes in, at a whopping 536 HP @ 6,400 rpm and 520.7 ft-lb of torque. All this comes from a 6,997 cc, naturally aspirated engine. This car weighs a realistic 1,437 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 3.083 sec
0-100: 6.683 sec
400m: 10.817 sec
1,000m: 19.700 sec
Top Speed: 228 mph (est.)

This car jumps off the line, getting to 60 in just over three seconds. Gear changes are great as well, which helped me get to an established top speed of 228 mph.

Road Test

Decided to take this to the Nürburgring. What are you doing Cowboy? American cars can't turn. Actually, this one does, sort of. This is where the car shows its true weaknesses, in the corners. No oversteer is present, but instead a teeth grinding understeer that your only saving grace is the 49:51 weight distribution. It's so bad that I jumped off the track and hit the wall a number of times. Though on the long straight near the end, it made up for it by feeling the open road and letting the engine roar. After one lap, I clocked in a 7:28.341, which isn't much slower than an '07 GT-R.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Good acceleration
  • Good looks, inside and out
Cons
  • Handling
  • There are cheaper alternatives to this car
Final Thoughts

This came out pretty much as expected. Good looks, but unfortunately not the best performance. Probably its best use is for drag racing or drifting, something in which cars like these thrive at. Probably isn't a bad idea to co sider this car for cruising either, as i believe you can change the color and wheels. So, my final raging for his one is.....

7/10​

Last edited:
Car #14: Buick GNX '87

YRNjU72kDgEoobGTU4_0.jpg

Introduction

The Buick Grand National Experimental, or GNX, was a final trim introduced on the second generation Grand National. Performance was courtesy of McLaren, and it earned the title as Darth Vader's car due to all the black color all over.

The Looks

First thing I think of this is "Where the hell is the dual exhaust?" Strange how those are not featured in the Gran Turismo version. Must be licensing issues..... Ahem, anyways, this car looks stealthy, which is what Buick was aiming for on looks. It's just a Grand National, just wrapped in black. Unfortunately, PD didn't work on this one, so it remains in the standard barrel.

The Specs

The GNX produces 276 HP @ 4,500 rpm and 359.9 ft-lb of torque @ 3,000 rpm. All this comes from a turbocharged, 3,791 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,600 kg, making it a boat.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 5.834 sec
0-100: 15.217 sec
400m: 14.100 sec
1,000m: 26.084
Top Speed: 165 mph (est.)

The GNX is pretty sluggish on the straight, due to its lower power and heavy weight. 4th gear is a struggle, because I was in low rpm until about 160 mph, so I'm assuming this car can touch 180 or even 190 mph.

Road Test

I decided to take this car to Rome. How does a 54:46 weight distribution and 1,600 kg work on the corners? Poorly. The car has enormous understeer, plus it would go into a drift on most corners, which is what I think it would be good at. Not much else I can say about this one, except that I got a 1.29.993 after a couple laps.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Possible drifter
  • Nice rumbly sound
Cons
  • Lots of understeer
  • Bad gearing
  • Nothing seemed to give me any excitement like I though I would somewhat get.
  • Poor exterior quality (not gonna stress it.)

Final Thoughts

As much as I may sound like I hate this car, I still like it a lot. You can't expect an American muscle car to drive like a 911, but instead have to expect the unexpected. I could easily see this as a drifter, in fact I had this as a drift car once. So, my final rating for this is.....

7/10​

Last edited:
Car #15: Buick Special '62

x3PorT48PsE3MFuKx_0.jpg

Introduction

What do we have today Cowboy? Well today we have the '62 Buick Special. If you guys remember the awesomeness that was GT4, you will remember how fast this was. It won SEMA in 2003, its owners being Ted and Sue Richardson. My experience with this hasn't proved to be the greatest in GT6, so lets see how it does.

The Looks

When I look at this, I instantly notice the 1960s look to it. The color scheme is OK, with two shades of green all over. It's just a classic looking American car. But wait until you see the specs.....

The Specs

The Special produces 576 HP @ 5,500 rpm and 585.8 ft-lb of torque @ 4,500 rpm. All this comes from a naturally aspirated, 7,456 cc engine. The car weighs a fairly light 1,364 kg (for a muscle car).

Acceleration Test

0-60: 3.800 sec
0-100: 7.433 sec
400m: 11.639 sec
1,000m: 20.450 sec
Top Speed: 208 mph

The Special has great acceleration. It fires off the line like a bullet from the start, propelling the car to 60 in just under four seconds. Gears are smooth, and I eventually hit the top speed at 208 mph.

Road Test

I must be asking for it when I say I took this to the Green Hell. The handling is soul crushingly bad, because heavy braking is required on nearly every corner. On tight corners, the accelerator pedal needs to be feathered or else you will start to drift. But as I said in the last review, it's not gonna drive like a sports car, but this one is just so stubborn that it should stay on the drag strip.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Great acceleration
  • Classic 1960s look
Cons
  • Lack of steering
  • Poor sounding
  • Unpredictable
  • At $750k, is it worth buying over a $50k C7 Corvette?

Final Thoughts

Definitely not the best car I've driven, but I can't be all negative about this. I only would recommend it to somebody who has a ton of money and doesn't know what to do with it. It probably would make a good cruiser or a drag car, but that's about it unfortunately. So, my final rating on this is.....

6/10​

Last edited:
Car #16: Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11

fjJSH4Is3qFPjhnn6_0.jpg

Introduction

I have a spot for Cadillac in my heart. Most everybody remembers the El Dorado, Coupe Deville, Seville, and many more which have let Cadillac play in the luxury industry. So are they good when upgraded into high performance machines? Can they turn? Are they quick on the straight? Let's see.

The Looks

Straight and sharp lines dominate the exterior of this one. To me, this is a hatchback without the hatchback since the trunk sits higher than the front hood. Nothing too impressive on looks, just a casual Cadillac appeal. This does have a neat color palette though, from white to some sort of wine red. Interior looks nice to me, and while I normally don't race in cockpit view, I feel comfortable with this one.

The Specs

The CTS-V pumps out a mighty 555 HP @ 6,000 rpm and 550.3 ft-lb of torque @ 4,000 rpm. All this comes from a supercharged, 6,156 cc engine. Biggest drawback I notice from the stats is obviously the weight, at a planting 1,940 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 4.167 sec
0-100: 9.400 sec
400m: 12.217 sec
1,000m: 22.000 sec
Top Speed: 220 mph (est.)

After a ton of wheelspin, the Caddy hits 60 in just over four seconds, and eventually hits an established top speed of 220 mph, but I think it could touch 240. Acceleration is OK and it seems to deal with the weight in a good way going straight.

Road Test

So does a 1,940 kg turn? Well, on the Green Hell it drives OK. It's not a bad car to be honest, it's just one of those that needs to be driven enough to get the hang of it, then it becomes fun. A lot of the time I was in cockpit view, which I think is superb, but the only drawback is that you can't hardly see out the rear window. Driving wise, if you respect the car, it will respect you. It doesn't want to kill you, it wants you to be delicate and cautious, like you would be if you were working for a rich person. So, after one lap of the ring, I got a 7:55.583.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Great interior
  • Despite being heavy, handling isn't too big of a worry
  • Comfortable to drive
Cons
  • Limited visibility out the rear window (backup camera solves this)
  • Wasn't talked about, but sound is a bit of a letdown
  • Takes time and patience to get used to it

Final Thoughts

I like this car. Looks aren't the most pleasing to me, but looks say nothing about performance. It's cool on the track, and I've heard people say that it's a true beast when tuned. So my final rating is.....

8/10

Last edited:
Car #17: Cadillac Cien '02

bdXHiinbMos3fACGZ_0.jpg

Introduction

What do you get when you throw 750 HP into an American luxury car? Well, you get this. This is a most interesting car because it surprises me how Cadillac decided to make a supercar. This is only a concept though, and unfortunately the Cien nevr made it into production. It's been a nice car so far in GT, do let's see about GT6.

The Looks

The lines are really similar to the other Cadillac's of not at that time, but rather today. It has a stance that says "Drive me I dare ya", and that very stance makes this car stand out like it does. It would be really nice to see an interior, but it is a standard car.

The Specs

The Cien produces 749 HP @ 9,000 rpm and 449.8 ft-lb of torque @ 6,500 rpm. All this comes from a mid-mounted, supercharged, 7,500 cc engine. And the car weighs 1,450 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 3.466 sec
0-100: 6.750 sec
400m: 10.900 sec
1,000m: 19.150 sec
Top Speed: 225 mph

The Cien redlines 1st gear from the start, and from there nothing else matters. The numbers are astounding, and eventually it hits a top speed of 225 mph.

Road Test

Can a mid-mounted, 1,450 kg car with sports hard tires turn? Yes! This car is tail happy though, but it has an oversteer that's predictable, yet needs some breaking in to get used to. The straights fly by so fast with this car, in fact I nearly reached the top speed on the long straight near the end. You can't punch it in the corners and expect the car not to skid, but instead jusg let off the gas. In the end though, I had a lap time of 7:19.525.

Pros and Cons
Pros:
  • Great acceleration
  • Good on the track
Cons
  • Engine gets annoying after a while
  • Expensive for the poor person in GT6

Final Thoughts

I like this car as much as the CTS-V. It would've been nice to see this in production, but it would be hard to say who would want this car in their garage in real life. Not much else for me to say except that this is a fast car to be reckoned with. So my final rating is.....

8/10​

Car #18: Callaway C12 '03

JJyGUcnEGWcT2XYvI_0.jpg

Introduction

The Callaway C12. So here we have a modified C5 Corvette, and according to @MidFieldMaven, it's actually slower than a C5. If you remember, this was showcased in the Forgotten Cars Thread because i never hear anyone talk about it, and never see it online. I've liked this car in past GTs, so lets see about GT6.

The Looks

This car has an almost cautious look. Nothing portrays aggression here, just smooth, curvy lines that help make a good appearance. I want to say that this is a semi premium car since the front looks good, but at a closer look you still notice the pixelation.

The Specs

The C12 produces 432 HP @ 6,500 rpm and 384 ft-lbs of torque @ 5,500 rpm. All this comes from a naturally aspirated, front-mounted, 5,666 cc engine. The car also weighs 1,480 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 4.623 sec
0-100: 9.800
400m: 12.467 sec
1,000m: 22.367 sec
Top Speed: 202 mph (est.)

The C12 seems to drag in acceleration. Weirdest thing comes in the top speed. It switched to 6th gear at 200 mph, so I'm assuming the top speed is around 250-260mph.

Road Test

How does the 'Ring treat this car? OK I the answer to this question. It's a funny car to drive because it's not like most other cars of it's class. The long gears come in handy in that it helps the car to not skid or spin out. There is noticeable understeer from this one, but if you give this a few minutes to get used to, you can find this cars strengths. After one lap on sports hards, I clocked in a time of 7:49.298.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Desirable looks to the right person
  • Reasonably priced
Cons
  • Unrealistic top speed
  • Sluggish on the straights
  • Corners somewhat like a boat

Final Thoughts

I don't hate this car, yet I don't love it. I'm gonna need to drive this some more to see if it's worth keeping. If you want to save some money, simply buy a Corvette, but if your looking for something different, don't be afraid to try this one. My final rating for this is.....

6.5/10​

Car #19: Chaparral 2D '67

U8c4rBW192Ko67oEZH_0.jpg

Introduction

The older, forgotten brother to the 2J. I'll tell you now, this is one of my new favorite race cars in GT6. A true classic that has been in the series since GT4. One of my PSN friends once said that the 2D is for the people who can't afford the 2J. Let's take a look shall we.

The Looks

The stance of this car is that of an animal ready to attack its prey. Large headlights make up a section of the front with a big old #7 slapped on the hood. Throughout the rest of the body you will find a roof scoop, decals because racecar, and a ducktail rear wing. To me, its great looking overall, despite being a standard.

The Specs

The 2D produces 420 HP @ 7,000 rpm and 379.7 ft-lb of torque @ 5,000 rpm. This comes from a mid-mounted, turbocharged, 5,364 cc engine. It weighs only 771 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 5.317 sec
0-100: 8.317 sec
400m: 12.213 sec
1,000m: 20.867 sec
Top Speed: 200 mph

0-60 in 5.3 sec? Is that a typo? If you have driven this before, you will notice that this car has only three gears. Acceleration off the line is definitely not the best, but once the car hits mid rpm, then it really takes off. Eventually I hit a reasonable top speed of 200 mph.

Road Test

This is a super fun car on the Nürburgring. Light, nimble, and fast. It stuck to the road and only slid when I pushed it a bit too hard, which is still possible with this. With the light weight comes a price though. Corners like the Carousel for example, cause this car to go on two wheels upon corner exit. Other than that, this is a true threat on the track. It was fast enough to clock in a 6:39.489.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • A real competitor in a race
  • Despite having three gears, it still posts great lap times
  • OK sound
  • Great '60s style
  • Cheap for a vintage race car, at $3,750,000
Cons
  • Tendency to go on two wheels
  • Doesn't jump right off a standing start

Final Thoughts

I love this car to death. I think it has a chance to beat the overrated 2J, but maybe best used against the Mark IV or XJ13. All in all, I would recommend this car to somebody who is a classic car collector in GT6 and wants a good race car. So my final rating is.......

9/10​

Last edited:
Car #20: Chaparral 2J '70

gOLQiJsoxhNoq7AN1S_0.jpg

Introduction

The box, the vacuum, the cheater. These are just a few definitions people have stated about the 2J. It's very popular in the seasonals, and yet I can't seem to figure out how this is so much better than the other cars other than the acceleration, cornering, and some other stuff. Anyways, let's get on with this review.

The Looks

The looks, well are funny to me. It looks like it was meant to be a soap box car, but then tuned to go 200 mph. The rear isn't much different other than looking like the back of a dishwasher. It is an open top car, and it does look like PD semi-premiumized this car, at least in the interior. It has no headlights, meaning that night driving isn't its thing.

The Specs

The 2J produces 683 HP @ 7,000 rpm and 549.7 ft-lb of torque @ 6,000 rpm. All this comes from a mid-mounted, turbocharged, 7,600 cc engine. It weighs 821 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 2.950 sec
0-100: 5.140 sec
400m: 9.767 sec
1,000m: 16.917 sec
Top Speed: 212 mph

The 2J jumps off the line like the 2D did, not very fast. However, mid rpm is where the true power starts to show. The times were impressive, and I eventually hit a top speed of 212 mph.

Road Test

Not the easiest car on the corners. One major downfall is that it simply has no downforce. This made going over crests of hills scary, but thankfully the gears don't cause any issues here. Not oversteer is present, neither is understeer. It takes some time to get the most out of it and once you do get the hang of it, it becomes a monster. After one lap on the ring, I got a time of 6:18.367.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Massive acceleration
  • Nice interior
  • Is superior at nearly any track
Cons
  • Has nothing to keep it on the ground
  • Costs over $4,000,000
  • Frowned upon online

Final Thoughts

I still like the 2D better because nobody calls it a cheater like this car seems to be. In the end, it comes down to having the right driver because no car is magically perfect when driven. It's fast, but other cars can give it a run for its money. So, my final rating for this is.....

7.5/10​

Car #21: Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54

AuK6z1GO7Iz4b8LHou_0.jpg

Introduction

The Corvette that started it all, the C1. Eventually, the C1 would spawn some of the most iconic and legendary American cars of all time, such as the ZR1 and the Staingray. I've only driven this once way back in GT4, so lets see how this carefully sculpted beauty does in GT6.

The Looks

The C1 has a very 1950s style. Smooth curves and on this model, a soft convertible top. There are only a couple of color choices, but fortunately you can paint this one. Quality wise it is a standard, but not so standard that you notice any major pixelation.

The Specs

The C1 produces 149 HP @ 4,000 rpm and 222.7 ft-lb of torque @ 2,500 rpm. All this comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 3,859 cc engine. The car weighs 1,309 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 9.850 sec
0-100: 29.500 sec
400m: 16.867 sec
1,000m: 31.183 sec
Top Speed: 103 mph

It wasn't until now that I realized that this car has only two gears. That doesn't necessarily help this car with acceleration, since it hit 100 in nearly 30 seconds. Top speed is a disappointing but understandable 103 mph.

Road Test

On the track this car is a cruiser. The car just doesn't want to push very hard, but instead it wants to go on a Sunday cruise. The sound is nicely done, and even though it goes 103 mph max, it was enjoyable on the 'Ring. Doesn't have enough sudden power to make it drift, and it is pretty stable as far as steering. After one lap, the time I got was 9:44.496.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Good for cruising
  • Nice sound
  • Good, classic looks
Cons
  • Has a somewhat disappointing two gears

Final Thoughts

A nice car this is. Like said above, I would highly recommend this car for cruising, joyriding, etc. It probably can be tuned for racing, but I'd save that for the C2 and the other Vettes. Nothing else for me to say about this one, so my final rating is.....

8/10​

Car #22: Chevrolet SSR '03

Yn49eRRmhyb4QvF0v0_0.jpg

Introduction

A modern rendition of a classic truck? How does that go over to a modern audience that goes for sports cars? It's a questionable thing to me, and this questionable thing is the 2003 SSR. I first seen this (in gaming) in GT4, and I always have overlooked it. Up until this review I never thought anything of it, so let's get this underway shall we.

The Looks

I'm on the fence on this one. It obviously doesn't look beautiful in my opinion, nor does it look bad. As you can probably notice, nearly all of this truck strongly resembles the Chevy trucks of the 40s-50s. It certainly turns heads, that's for sure.

The Specs

The SSR produces 289 HP @ 5,500 rpm and 324.7 ft-lb of torque @ 4,000 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,328 cc engine. It weighs a staggering 2,248 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 7.950 sec
0-100: 21.300 sec
400m: 15.650 sec
1,000m: 28.850 sec
Top Speed: 158 mph (est.)

The SSR doesn't jump off the line real quick. No wheelsip was noticed mainly because of the heavy weight that it carries. It is a truck though, so acceleration isn't really a strong suit of this one. Eventually, it hit an established top speed of 158 mph

Road Test

A truck on the Nürburgring? Well, I assume it's been done before. Anyways, the SSR was actually a bit disappointing on the track. It has a ton of understeer, thanks to its sheer amount of weight and pretty uneven weight distribution. Straights were really boring, with the truck struggling to accelerate on the slightest inclines. Trucks don't drive like sports cars, and that's just the cold hard truth. After a lap, I got a 9:10.323.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Sound is decent
Cons
  • Understeer, a lot of it
  • Unappealing to a lot of people
  • Acceleration is sluggish
  • It's a truck that some guy having a mid-life crisis would consider

Final Thoughts

I'm still not sure what to think of this one. Never seen it online, nor have I heard anyone speak of it. Best use would probably be in a sport truck race. That's all I have, so my final rating is.....

5/10​

Last edited:
Car #23: Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88

NKGjf7qNywE4eNLBMa_0.jpg

Introduction

Who came up with a name like IROC-Z? What does it stand for? Well I haven't drove this very much outside of the RACE Fun Runs, but I have driven it enough to actually enjoy it. It first appeared in GT4 and was/is a contender for the drag lobbies. I used to have one as a drift car, and it great at that too. But that'll be explained later.

The Looks

I'm OK with the looks of this car, though I prefer the stick version look. The lines seem to be blocky, probably because of the square headlights, and is tailed by a medium level wing. From a side view it has a race ready look, along with some 80s muscle nostalgia. It has a bit of a race car look, though I can't seem to understand those rims.....

The Specs

The IROC-Z produces 229 HP @ 4,500 rpm and 329.8 ft-lb of torque @ 3,000 rpm. All this comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,700 cc engine. It weighs 1,468 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 5.900 sec
0-100: 15.867 sec
400m: 14.300 sec
1,000m: 26.400 sec
Top Speed: 164 mph (est.)

The Camaro actually has some wheelspin off the line and gets to 60 in just shy of six seconds. Acceleration overall is decent since this is an 80s car and we all know that those cars have slow acceleration. Established top speed was 164, but I'm sure the top speed isn't much faster because I was redlining from 155 mph.

Road Test

The Camaro is basically the SSR without the understeer. Acceleration is a little better, but the cornering is the strong point of this one. Yes, it does want to fishtail on corners but that is controllable. I do like the sound on this as well, and the feel of driving some sort of a kit car because of the wing and other exterior enhancements. It's a really nice car to use on oval tracks, such as Daytona because the maneuverability is easy with almost no problems. After one lap on the 'Ring, I got a 8:40.990

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Fun to drive
  • Nice sound
  • Controllable in the corners
Cons
  • Acceleration
  • Wheels are a little unappealing

Final Thoughts

The IROC was a fun car to test. It's a good all rounder that could and should be used by amateur players. Any big Camaro fan would drive this, and even though I prefer Ford over Chevy, I still like it. So, my final rating is.....

7.5/10​

International Race of Champions! Who can forget the series that included about 90% NASCR drivers and a sprinkling of CART and Indy drivers mixed in? It was supposed to determine the best driver competing with a level playing field, but I guess since it was so left-turned oval-centric that drivers from other series never took it seriously. Can't believe it lasted until 2006.

Car #24: Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63

Twr9ou7NywcoudxmGM_0.jpg

Introduction

Next up in the Corvette generations is the C2. My favorite generation for the Corvette, this adds more power, pop up headlights, and an even more classy style. This generation lasted from 1962-1967, so lets get this underway.

The Looks

The C2 has that '60s vibe. Smooth lines, classic rims, nice interior, this car has it all. It's great that they made this a premium car for GT6, yet I still wish that the C2 Race Car was premium. Anyways, this, along with the later C1 generation, was the first to have the four tailights which would become a standard of Corvettes to come.

The Specs

The C2 produces 248 HP @ 4,500 rpm and 350.0 ft-lb of torque @ 3,000 rpm. All this comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,359 cc engine. The car weighs 1,370 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 6.284 sec
0-100: 17.183 sec
400m: 14.367 sec
1,000m: 26.350 sec
Top Speed: 152 mph (est.)

You probably though that this car would hit only 120 mph, but even I was surprised to see this car hit 150. It has three gears, and does lose some power at high rpms.Times are still OK though, with the car hitting 60 in just over six seconds.

Road Test

To get it out of the way, I'll just say that the C2 isn't the greatest on corners. Understeer is very prominent, with the mention of weak brakes. You can't just throw it in a corner and expect it to take it like a rocket, but instead you have to find a way past the understeer, predict the time to brake, and then go and push it. Not all is bad though. The car is nice to just go and cruise around the 'Ring, which is probably the strong suit of driving this car (unless you want to go drifting of course).
After one lap, I clocked in a time of 8:51.397.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Great looks
  • Can go faster than the classic muscle cars
  • Nice color selection
Cons
  • Lots of understeer
  • Loses power at high RPMs
  • Overlooked

Final Thoughts

Despite the negatives of this car, I still love it. Lower it and join a cruise room at Monaco, and you have a cruiser capable of a great photo shoot. No, it's not the greatest on track, but this isn't a sports car. My final rating for this is.....

8.5/10​

Last edited:
Car #25: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97

AKdmKydHgbZoqdllJO_0.jpg

Introduction

The Z28 has been in GT since the beginning. It's a lesser known oldie of the series, but it has its own group of fans. This generation of the Camaro isn't my favorite, but I never said I hated the car. The Pontiac Firebird in this generation is better looking in my opinion. But let's get this underway.

The Looks

The Z28 has the '90s American look that almost anyone recognizes. It looks like the shape of some sort of missle, with the smooth, streamlined lines running all over. If you take a second look, you will notice that the car passes as a semi-premium car. The lines aren't quite there, but there is no pixelation.

The Specs

The Z28 produces 285 HP @ 5,000 rpm and 324.7 ft-lb of torque @ 2,500 rpm. All this comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,727 cc engine. The car weighs 1,561 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 5.350 sec
0-100: 13.534 sec
400m: 13.612 sec
1,000m: 25.050 sec
Top Speed: 178 mph (est.)

The Z28 has just enough power to get some tire smoke off the line, despite having a 0-60 time of over five seconds. Fifth and sixth hear are quite too long, like the Callaway C12, so the top speed is probably over 200 mph.

Road Test

This car has something that I really like. Controllable oversteer. It's a beautiful car to drive on track, even on comfort soft tires that which come with it. It flows through nearly every corner no problem, even on Flugplatz. The only time you'll get oversteer on thisca R is if you push it, which is what you get for driving FR. The long gears aren't noticed terribly much until long straight, but overall I'm quite pleased with how this car drives. After one lap on the 'Ring, I got a 8:22.731.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Mostly semi-premium
  • Good on the track
  • Has great potential
Cons
  • Last two gears are painstakingly long
  • Not noticed by very many players

Final Thoughts

The Z28 might just stay in my garage, along with some others that I kept after finding your they drive nicely. Recommended use? I'd say this car would be good at almost everything, but the strong suit might actually be a race car from this. That's all I have to say, so my rating for this car is.....

7.5/10

Cars #26-#27: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 & Camaro SS '69

sskOZ4JQx0FNruY9h_0.jpg

MQrlD0ebS6WM9NtgC_0.jpg

Introduction

What comes to mind when you hear the word Camaro? Weekend cruises along the ocean, wind blowing in your hair, the beefy engine noise from under the hood? Well you get two of those things on the Z28 and the SS. The first generation is probably the most familiar generation for the Camaro, and these two have the performance and jou to go with that. So let's begin.

The Looks

Like the C2 Corvette, this car has the classic '60s appeal. From front to rear, the Camaro screams in quality, from the smooth lines to the four tailights, to the circular headlamps in front. The interior greets you with an old style dashboard, a wood rimmed steering wheel, and leather seats. There's no difference in these two in looks, other than that one is premium and one is standard, its just what's underneath that's different.

The Specs

The Z28 produces 289 HP @ 6,000 rpm and 290.0 ft-lb of torque @ 4,000 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 4,949 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,415 lb.

The SS comes with 298 HP @ 5,000 rpm and 380.4 ft-lb of torque @ 3,000 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,737 cc engine, and this car weighs 1,401 kg.

Acceleration Test

Camaro Z28 '69

0-60: 5.783 sec
0-100: 13.650 sec
400m: 13.983 sec
1,000m: 25.280 sec
Top Speed: 128 mph

The Z28 has no spin off the line, but reaches 60 mph in about six seconds. The sound I will note, sounds amazing in my point of view, and with that noise and power I achieved a top speed of 128 mph.

Camaro SS '69

0-60: 4.966 sec
0-100: 12.266 sec
400m: 13.333 sec
1,000m: 25.200 sec
Top Speed: 115 mph

The SS has some spin off the line, due to the fact it has a considerable amount of torque greater than the Z28. However, this car has a too speed of only 115 mph, so the track Test should be a little competitive.

Road Test

First up is the Z28. First noticeable thing is that it doesn't skid, or drift. It seems like the acceleration sensitivity was turned way down to 5, but that doesn't hurt my impression on this one. Throughout the corners the car has a wierd understeer feeling. It's wierd because I never knew when the understeer would come, but it was manageable on pretty much every corner. The big weakness is obviously the low top speed, but once you equip the racing transmission, you are allowed to have more fun while going faster. After one lap of the Nordshliefe, I got a time of 8:14.323.

The SS is pretty much the opposite of the Z28 in terms of handling. It is more playful, or oversteery, which is probably my favorite part of this one. Once again, the top speed was painfully slow and got to be annoying on the straights. Acceleration is quicker, and helps only to a certain point. I did forget to add though, that both of these cars come equipped with Sports Hard tires. Other than that its practically the same as the other, so after one lap of the Nordshliefe, I got an 8:35.429.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Great sound
  • Has a style that a 60s/70s car guy would love
  • Is fairly easy to drive
Cons
  • Low end top speed
  • The SS appears bigger on screen, while the Z28 appears smaller

Final Thoughts

The Camaro has a place in most people hearts, unless you have Chevrolet of course. The two are somewhat used and talked about, from drifting to even on the track (which I have a tune for on the Z28). Even using these as cruisers would be nice too if you're one of those people, just make sure to buy a customizable transmission. So other than that, my rating for these two is.....

8/10​

Car #28: Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67

5mY7GoUl1kKWMxMIL_0.jpg

Introduction

Is it a truck, or is it a muscle car? Well as a matter of fact, it's both. Today I bring to you the El Camino, something that is familiar to most everyone around. As the guy from CGR said in his review of GT6 "You can carry two alligator carcases and still have room for beer, while winning races of course. Try doing that in a Buggati." So let's get this underway shall we.

The Looks

The Camino has a style that can be found on vehicles such as the Ford Ranchero, and the GMC Sprint/Caballero. I like the design, because it has so much going on that it fits just right. You've got four headlights in front, a single cab, a truck bed for whatever you want to put back there, and finally you have the two tail lights that your opponents will be seeing when you're in front of them. Did I mention you can put a rear canopy on this, so you can keep your stuff dry in the rain.

The Specs

The Camino produces 325 HP @ 5,000 rpm and 409.9 ft-lb of torque @ 3,500 rpm. All this comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 6,494 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,468 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 6.667 sec
0-100: 14.333 sec
400m: 15.033 sec
1,000m: 26.000 sec
Top Speed: 146 mph

The Camino didn't jump off the line like I expected, but instead took off like a 2D or a 2J. Interesting enough, the car has only two gears, which hurts the acceleration. On the bright side, it hits a top speed of 146 mph, so maybe it could compete with the C2 Corvette.

Road Test

Sports Hard tires come with this one. I must say, I had a great deal of fun on the Nürb with this not only because of how good it drives, but how much fun it is to slide through the curves. Combine that with a good engine sound, high speed, and you have the ultimate redneck alligator carcases beer carrying race winning machine. Even though the car has two gears, it not really noticeable unless you're in tight corners and you're running low rpms in second gear. I've seen a few online in race rooms, and they prove to be quite competitive when tuned right. After one lap, I clocked a time of 8:19.482.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Unusually good looks
  • Good GT Auto parts selection
  • Goes faster than other muscle cars of the day
  • Fun to drive
  • Affordable
Cons
  • Doesn't fly off a standing start
  • Has only two gears stock

Final Thoughts

If you haven't noticed already, I love this car. It's a bit underused in GT6, but I'd say it's good at anything, well maybe not top speed on Route X. I have one with the rear canopy, and I enjoy bringing it to the occasional cruise rooms and being told that I have a nice car. Anyways, that's about it for this one so my rating for this is.....

8.5/10​

Cars #29-#30: Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) '69 & Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69

G73XAp5ZKlNopszLdB_0.jpg

XTOcGD6lN6sUe8gEB_0.jpg

Introduction

The C3 Corvette is next on our trip down the generations of this true American icon. The C3 has been in GT since GT2, which had the '69 and the '82 C3. GT4 saw the 350 model and the convertible was first seen in GT5. I find the convertible to be a good car, so lets get on with the review.

The Looks

The C3 has some of the design elements of the C2 which are smooth lines and the attention getter body as well. The C3 has a more aggressive look and stance to it, now that the Corvette had steered away from the luxury and touring section. Pop-up headlamps and four tailights return for these two, with the addition of more muscle car like rims.

The Specs

The Stingray convertible produces 298 HP @ 5,000 rpm and 380.0 ft-lb of torque @ 3,000 rpm. All this comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,735 cc engine, and it weighs 1,552 kg. The Corvette L46 produces 350 HP @ 5,500 rpm and 394.4 ft-lb of torque @ 3,500 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,735 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,490 kg.

Acceleration Test

Corvette Stingray Convertible '69

0-60: 6.621 sec
0-100: 12.816 sec
400m: 13.400 sec
1,000m: 24.733 sec
Top Speed: 137 mph

The convertible takes off nice and smooth at the start, getting to 60 in just over 6.6 seconds. The top speed is pleasing at 137 mph, so it should be a close lap time on the track between these two.

Corvette Stingray L46 350 '69

0-60: 4.700 sec
0-100: 10.967 sec
400m: 12.917 sec
1,000m: 24.100 sec
Top Speed: 123 mph

The L46 flys off the line and hits 60 in just 4.7 seconds. All the times look good, but the top speed is low, at 123 mph.

Road Test

The C3 convertible was more of a cruise than a ttime trial on Laguna Seca (which is where I will be testing cars like this from now on). As expected, this car is a bit tail happy, but not tail happy enough to make you lose control. The gears are smooth, which helps this car on the straights. Sound is not a problem, and if you add that with a good drive, you get a nice little beast. After 3 laps, the best time I got was a 1:46.918.

The L46 is more tail happy. Through the first corner the low end torque helped this car be slightly more tricky to drive. Acceleration is better than the convertible, and that helped me get a 1:43.085 after 3 laps.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Great looks
  • Good sound
  • C3 convertible is capable of 135 mph
Cons
  • C3 L46 is a little slow
  • L46 is more tail happy, making it harder to control

Final Thoughts

The C3 is a car that is owned by a good amount of car collectors out there. The convertible has a variety of aero options, so you could make this look like a real threat. These two are good at drifting too, since they like to slide. So, my final rating on these two is.....

8/10​

Car #31: Chevrolet Camaro SS '00

3VsNkU2IKYKorpNnoI_0.jpg

Introduction

So today we have a ramped-up Z28. The SS was the final form of the Camaro before it was discontinued in 2002, though eventually it was brought back in 2010. I'm not expecting anything too much different than what was in the Z28 review, except a faster lap time.

The Looks

The SS has a more stealthy look than the Z28, with the biggest exterior change being the front fascia, along with a good scoop. The smooth lines continue to dominate, along with the semi-premium bliss.

The Specs

The Camaro SS produces 325 HP @ 5,000 rpm and 350.7 ft-lb of torque @ 4,000 rpm. All this comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,665 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,560 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 4.733 sec
0-100: 11.983 sec
400m: 13.050 sec
1,000m: 24.050 sec
Top Speed: 191 mph (est.)

The SS took off from the start with some expected wwheelspin and hits 60 in about five seconds. The tranny is really long on this, because most of the time it was in fifth gear, then if finally switched to sixth at 190 mph. It didn't help much, but I then achieved an established top speed of 191 mph.

Road Test

As if i thought that the '97 Z28 couldn't get any better, it did. This car is basically an improved version over its brother, because it drove very nice and safe around the track. The only thing that can think of criticizing is the brakes, which only need minor adjustments. The car has neither oversteer or understeer, it just drives like a proper street car should. And to top that all off, how about throwing an amazing (for GT6) engine sound that purrs along the straights. The straights were no problem with this, no power loss and no rev limiting. So after one glorious lap of the Nürburgring, I got a time of 8:05.184.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Good sound
  • Great to drive
  • Good starter car
  • Feels safe
  • Is at least semi-premium
Cons
  • Very long gearbox​

Final Thoughts

I like this car.....a lot. Not only in performance, but just the car in general. It's not expensive, it doesn't want to kill you on every corner, and it's fun on all levels. So with that, my rating for this is.....

8.5/10​

Last edited:
Back