Cowboy's GT6 Car Review Thread

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 99 comments
Car #31: Chevrolet Camaro SS '00

3VsNkU2IKYKorpNnoI_0.jpg

Introduction

So today we have a ramped-up Z28. The SS was the final form of the Camaro before it was discontinued in 2002, though eventually it was brought back in 2010. I'm not expecting anything too much different than what was in the Z28 review, except a faster lap time.

The Looks

The SS has a more stealthy look than the Z28, with the biggest exterior change being the front fascia, along with a good scoop. The smooth lines continue to dominate, along with the semi-premium bliss.

The Specs

The Camaro SS produces 325 HP @ 5,000 rpm and 350.7 ft-lb of torque @ 4,000 rpm. All this comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,665 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,560 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 4.733 sec
0-100: 11.983 sec
400m: 13.050 sec
1,000m: 24.050 sec
Top Speed: 191 mph (est.)

The SS took off from the start with some expected wwheelspin and hits 60 in about five seconds. The tranny is really long on this, because most of the time it was in fifth gear, then if finally switched to sixth at 190 mph. It didn't help much, but I then achieved an established top speed of 191 mph.

Road Test

As if i thought that the '97 Z28 couldn't get any better, it did. This car is basically an improved version over its brother, because it drove very nice and safe around the track. The only thing that can think of criticizing is the brakes, which only need minor adjustments. The car has neither oversteer or understeer, it just drives like a proper street car should. And to top that all off, how about throwing an amazing (for GT6) engine sound that purrs along the straights. The straights were no problem with this, no power loss and no rev limiting. So after one glorious lap of the Nürburgring, I got a time of 8:05.184.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Good sound
  • Great to drive
  • Good starter car
  • Feels safe
  • Is at least semi-premium
Cons
  • Very long gearbox​

Final Thoughts

I like this car.....a lot. Not only in performance, but just the car in general. It's not expensive, it doesn't want to kill you on every corner, and it's fun on all levels. So with that, my rating for this is.....

8.5/10​

This is NOT about the above car, it's about the best non-racecar Acura of all, The NSX Lemans prototype ROAD car. If you don't road test that car you have missed out on the best car from Honda period, and one of the best cars in the game.
Cheers, MustangXR

Car #32: Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4) '96

D4ORlsi6Svv43436GW_0.jpg

Introduction

The C4 Corvette was first seen on the roads in 1984. It had a different style than the previous C3, it had a more 80s boxy straight-lines style. This Grand Sport (or GS as I call it) was first seen in GT1 and and has been in the series since. I always thought of it as the more unsung car of GT3, since it usually hung around 4th place in many races it entered. So lets get this underway.....

The Looks

The GS has a mixture of smooth and straight lines. This is a facelifted C4, which makes the lines even smoother. This model has a big white stripe slapped in the middle, and two smaller red stripes on the front corners. Unfortunately, as much as I hate to talk about quality from PD, this car is one of the more ugly looking standards.

The Specs

The GS produces 330 HP @ 5,500 rpm and 342.0 ft-lb of torque @ 4,500 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,665 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,496 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 4.783 sec
0-100: 11.600 sec
400m: 13.033 sec
1,000m: 23.725 sec
Top Speed: 190 mph (est.)

The GS had no wheelspin off the start, but hit 60 in about 4.8 seconds. Acceleration after that becomes a bit sluggish, once again because of long gears. It hit 6th gear at 177 mph, and I hit an established top speed of 190 mph.

Road Test

The drive for this one wasn't necessarily bad, nor was it good. To me it's in the middle, there's just something about this that didn't give me that wow factor or desire to use it outside of this review. Understeer is noticeable on nearly every corner, but not in an overwhelming amount, though it does get a little annoying when you're in mid corner and have to slow down a lot just to make the turn. I would say that the strong point would be the sturdiness on the straights, but I guess not too many people care about that. After a lap of the Nürb, I got a time of 8:07.531.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Not a bad looking design
Cons
  • Unpredictable
  • Long gearbox
  • Understeer
  • Tailights look horrible, especially at night

Final Thoughts

I don't know what to think about this one. I don't hate it, yet I don't like it. I don't know who to recommend this to, since you could use the faster ZR-1 '90, unless you're trying to get every car in the game. So with that, my final rating for this is.....

6/10​

Car #33: Chevrolet Nova SS '70

3NSxjJTCeLFWxUKIT_0.jpg

Introduction

Ah yes, the good ol' Nova. Most people think of the '69 Charger, '70 Chevelle, or even the '69 Camaro when they hear the word "muscle car". This is sort of an unsung hero among these cars, though there are many of them. You still see the occasional one at some caf shows, but most I've seen have been in the '66 generation. GT6 has the SS version, and it's the first Nova in the GT series. So lets get a move on with this shall we.

The Looks

The Nova has the looks you would find on a '70s muscle car: smooth and sleek lines. It almost looks like one of those muscle race cars you see sometimes on things like YouTube, or something like that. From front to end, you see nothing but a motivated looikg car with a threatening stance. The wheels match the color of the car, which is a nice touch, along with a big Chevrolet logo slapped in the place of a license plate.

The Specs

The Nova SS produces 374 HP @ 5,500 rpm and 415.5 ft-lb of torque @ 3,500 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 6,590 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,590 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 4.750 sec
0-100: 11.483 sec
1,000m: 23.883 sec
Top Speed: 138 mph

The Nova, despite the 1,590 kg it carries, beat it to 60 in 4.75 seconds, and hits 100 in about 11.5 seconds. Top speed isn't the highest, at 138 mph, but these cars weren't meant for speed. They were meant for acceleration.

Road Test

We gotta love those muscle car stereotypes that are out there. "Those things can't turn!" is the more common one, which is somewhat the case with the Nova. So on Laguna Seca it drove more like the C2 Corvette, which was tested on the Nürburgring. Understeer is definitely noticeable, along with the slippery feel the instant you touch the accelerator on the turns. You may call me crazy, but I actually like this car on track, because it actually acts like a muscle car. Not saying that others don't, but this one has all the feelings. From the understeer to the acceleration, this car has it all, along with a well done exhaust note. After a couple of laps, I got a time of 1:43.003.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Nice exhaust note
  • Realistic feel
  • Looks great
Cons
  • Can be unpredictable at times
  • Not a beginner car

Final Thoughts

As you can tell by now, I love this car. I have tow others that are used for track racing, along with my drag Nova. The position of the exhaust changes when you put any of the custom ones on, and the car is good at nearly anything. As stated above, this is not a beginner car, but more of an amateur/mild professional car. So my final rating for this is.....

8/10​

Car #33: Chevrolet Nova SS '70

View attachment 511332

Introduction

Ah yes, the good ol' Nova. Most people think of the '69 Charger, '70 Chevelle, or even the '69 Camaro when they hear the word "muscle car". This is sort of an unsung hero among these cars, though there are many of them. You still see the occasional one at some caf shows, but most I've seen have been in the '66 generation. GT6 has the SS version, and it's the first Nova in the GT series. So lets get a move on with this shall we.

The Looks

The Nova has the looks you would find on a '70s muscle car: smooth and sleek lines. It almost looks like one of those muscle race cars you see sometimes on things like YouTube, or something like that. From front to end, you see nothing but a motivated looikg car with a threatening stance. The wheels match the color of the car, which is a nice touch, along with a big Chevrolet logo slapped in the place of a license plate.

The Specs

The Nova SS produces 374 HP @ 5,500 rpm and 415.5 ft-lb of torque @ 3,500 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 6,590 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,590 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 4.750 sec
0-100: 11.483 sec
1,000m: 23.883 sec
Top Speed: 138 mph

The Nova, despite the 1,590 kg it carries, beat it to 60 in 4.75 seconds, and hits 100 in about 11.5 seconds. Top speed isn't the highest, at 138 mph, but these cars weren't meant for speed. They were meant for acceleration.

Road Test

We gotta love those muscle car stereotypes that are out there. "Those things can't turn!" is the more common one, which is somewhat the case with the Nova. So on Laguna Seca it drove more like the C2 Corvette, which was tested on the Nürburgring. Understeer is definitely noticeable, along with the slippery feel the instant you touch the accelerator on the turns. You may call me crazy, but I actually like this car on track, because it actually acts like a muscle car. Not saying that others don't, but this one has all the feelings. From the understeer to the acceleration, this car has it all, along with a well done exhaust note. After a couple of laps, I got a time of 1:43.003.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Nice exhaust note
  • Realistic feel
  • Looks great
Cons
  • Can be unpredictable at times
  • Not a beginner car

Final Thoughts

As you can tell by now, I love this car. I have tow others that are used for track racing, along with my drag Nova. The position of the exhaust changes when you put any of the custom ones on, and the car is good at nearly anything. As stated above, this is not a beginner car, but more of an amateur/mild professional car. So my final rating for this is.....

8/10​

I absolutely love this car. I have one modded to 500pp andvit is a nice candy painted black cherry color with tan interior. And aftermarket tachometer.

It can be unpredictable but when it is, it is fun.

It actually performs well. I used it in muscle car races for career.

About the C4 Corvettes, the ZR-1 is actually slower than the Grand Sport around some tracks, like Mid-Field. The reason is because the ZR-1 weighs 104 kg (229 lbs) more than the Grand Sport, while providing 45 more hp and 29 more ft-lbs of torque. Maximum speed on the straight for the ZR-1 was only 3 mph faster than the Grand Sport, so it doesn't have much of a power-to-weight advantage. In fact, the Grand Sport carries 9.99 lbs per horse, versus 9.41 lbs/hp for the ZR-1, a difference of only 0.58 lbs/hp.

Also, been meaning to ask how do you get 0-60 times so accurately?

Car# 34: Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer Concept '59

4nUvuadZeLV240PtB_0.jpg

Introduction

Why so many Corvettes? Because Chevy. So today we have a more interesting car, which looks like a near production prototype of the C2 Corvette. I don't know much of this car, except that GT6 is the first game in the series to feature this car. So, um, yeah. Let's get this underway.

The Looks

So the looks. It is a good hint of the C2, with the absence of the pop up headlights. It has that look of a stingray predator (hence the name of the car) and is open top. Other than that, it has smooth lines that make this car look aggressive and ready to race.

The Specs

The Corvette produces 314 HP @ 6,000 rpm and 289.3 ft-lb of torque @ 4,500 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, supercharged engine with an unknown displacement. It weighs 1,150 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 4.410 sec
0-100: 10.553 sec
400m: 12.716 sec
1,000m: 23.633 sec
Top Speed: 126 mph

The Corvette comes off the line and hits 60 in about 4.5 seconds and while the times look good, it's faced with the consequence of loe top speed.

Road Test

This was a very unpredictable car on Laguna Seca. Going into the corners was a hard task since it oversteered upon entry. It likes to drift, maybe because it comes equipped with sports hards stock, but even on racing Softs it doesn't help. Only positive thing I can think of is the acceleration, so my lap time after three laps was 1:44.349.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Good looks
  • Nice engine sound
  • Good acceleration
Cons
  • Unstable
  • Unpredictable
  • Doesn't feel right
  • Low top speed

Final Thoughts

I was a bit disappointed with this one. It's not a bad looking car, but looks don't say much about performance. It's tough to recommend it to someone, since it isn't that great at most things. So with that, my final rating on this is.....

5/10​

Car #31: Chevrolet Camaro SS '00

3VsNkU2IKYKorpNnoI_0.jpg

Introduction

So today we have a ramped-up Z28. The SS was the final form of the Camaro before it was discontinued in 2002, though eventually it was brought back in 2010. I'm not expecting anything too much different than what was in the Z28 review, except a faster lap time.

The Looks

The SS has a more stealthy look than the Z28, with the biggest exterior change being the front fascia, along with a good scoop. The smooth lines continue to dominate, along with the semi-premium bliss.

The Specs

The Camaro SS produces 325 HP @ 5,000 rpm and 350.7 ft-lb of torque @ 4,000 rpm. All this comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,665 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,560 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 4.733 sec
0-100: 11.983 sec
400m: 13.050 sec
1,000m: 24.050 sec
Top Speed: 191 mph (est.)

The SS took off from the start with some expected wwheelspin and hits 60 in about five seconds. The tranny is really long on this, because most of the time it was in fifth gear, then if finally switched to sixth at 190 mph. It didn't help much, but I then achieved an established top speed of 191 mph.

Road Test

As if i thought that the '97 Z28 couldn't get any better, it did. This car is basically an improved version over its brother, because it drove very nice and safe around the track. The only thing that can think of criticizing is the brakes, which only need minor adjustments. The car has neither oversteer or understeer, it just drives like a proper street car should. And to top that all off, how about throwing an amazing (for GT6) engine sound that purrs along the straights. The straights were no problem with this, no power loss and no rev limiting. So after one glorious lap of the Nürburgring, I got a time of 8:05.184.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Good sound
  • Great to drive
  • Good starter car
  • Feels safe
  • Is at least semi-premium
Cons
  • Very long gearbox​

Final Thoughts

I like this car.....a lot. Not only in performance, but just the car in general. It's not expensive, it doesn't want to kill you on every corner, and it's fun on all levels. So with that, my rating for this is.....

8.5/10​
Glad you have already gotten to this car. This is hands down in my top 10 cars in GT6. Maybe top 5.

Question for you though, did you ever experience rear grip loss upon acceleration out of corners?

I did a lot using the stock tires, but it very predictable when I started to feel it go.

Nice review. 👍

Question for you though, did you ever experience rear grip loss upon acceleration out of corners?
Depends on the corner. If it was on the crest of a hill then I did experience it a little, but everywhere else was pretty good.

I don't know much of this car, except that GT6 is the first game in the series to feature this car.​
This 'Vette was a privately funded concept car which the C2 generation was based on. The StingRay itself was based on a failed racing Corvette, the 1957 Corvette SS.

It won an SCCA Championship in 1960, and then later turned into a show car by GM.

Sort of the tl;dr of it but there you go.

The Stingray concept is fun offline. But it seems to lack any grip front or rear. RH feels like CM on something I would consider fairly similar. 250 GTO or Shelby Daytona for example. Tuning just makes it either push or fishtail. A pretty, pretty useless car for anything but cruises and drifting sadly.

Just antsy for another review.:)

Last edited:
Car #35: Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept '02

gm6wWwcNQWWi6yqcR_0.jpg

Introduction

Chevy trucks aren't my cup of tea, period. Plenty of those coal rolling youngsters drive these trucks, along with other stupid truck drivers as well. This one though, is a more "high-performance" model. SST is the name, and it, well, seems interesting. Let's get this underway.

The Looks

I'm a little confused on the looks. Sure, it has a somewhat menacing look on front, buy at a second glance I can see a little bit of rice as well. Flashy rims, those ugly taillights, who would've thought.And it sits a bit lower too, which makes it more uncool to me. Oh and before I forget, it's a standard model.

The Specs

The SST produces 488 HP @ 5,500 rpm and 499.0 ft-lb of torque @ 5,000 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 6,588 cc engine. The truck weighs 2,268 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 5.767 sec
0-100: 12.600 sec
400m: 13.834 sec
1,000m: 24.650 sec
Top Speed: 180 mph (est.)

The SST choked at the start, due to the sheer amount of weight that it carries. At mid rpm it starts to go, getting to 60 in just over 5.75 seconds. Top speed is terrible in the way that the transmission is set way to long. I just hit 5th gear at 175 mph, and even before that it was struggling.

Road Test

Sports hards are the tire delicacy that comes on this truck. I took it to the Nürburgring since it doesn't top out at low speeds, and it wouldn't matter which track I took it to, it wasn't very much a great drive. Understeer plays a big role on this, again because of the weight. Luckily it has enough power to get over the hills without any struggle, but you don't worry about that since you're trying to keep this thing on the road. It's not a track vehicle, though it could maybe be tuned to be one, but I'd save this for I don't know, showing off to your friends. After one lap, I got a time of 8:23.482.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Decent acceleration
Cons
  • Major understeer
  • Top speed is way to high
  • Not really a vehicle for the track
  • It's a big, heavy, truck

Final Thoughts

I didn't really like this one, not because of my Chevy truck bias, but because it was a pain to drive. Drag strips might be my best recommended use for this one, or maybe drifting, or car shows. So yea, with that, my final rating is.....

4.5/10

View attachment 516011

Introduction

Chevy trucks aren't my cup of tea, period. Plenty of those coal rolling youngsters drive these trucks, along with other stupid truck drivers as well. This one though, is a more "high-performance" model. SST is the name, and it, well, seems interesting. Let's get this underway.

The Looks

I'm a little confused on the looks. Sure, it has a somewhat menacing look on front, buy at a second glance I can see a little bit of rice as well. Flashy rims, those ugly taillights, who would've thought.And it sits a bit lower too, which makes it more uncool to me. Oh and before I forget, it's a standard model.

The Specs

The SST produces 488 HP @ 5,500 rpm and 499.0 ft-lb of torque @ 5,000 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 6,588 cc engine. The truck weighs 2,268 kg.

Acceleration Test

The SST choked at the start, due to the sheer amount of weight that it carries. At mid rpm it starts to go, getting to 60 in just over 5.75 seconds. Top speed is terrible in the way that the transmission is set way to long. I just hit 5th gear at 175 mph, and even before that it was struggling.

Road Test

Sports hards are the tire delicacy that comes on this truck. I took it to the Nürburgring since it doesn't top out at low speeds, and it wouldn't matter which track I took it to, it wasn't very much a great drive. Understeer plays a big role on this, again because of the weight. Luckily it has enough power to get over the hills without any struggle, but you don't worry about that since you're trying to keep this thing on the road. It's not a track vehicle, though it could maybe be tuned to be one, but I'd save this for I don't know, showing off to your friends. After one lap, I got a time of 8:23.482.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Decent acceleration
Cons
  • Major understeer

Final Thoughts

I didn't really like this one, not because of my Chevy truck bias, but because it was a pain to drive. Drag strips might be my best recommended use for this one, or maybe drifting, or car shows. So yea, with that, my final rating is.....

4.5/10
It's pretty good for drifting and cruising. It's not a track-attack vehicle - it is, after all, a truck.

View attachment 516011

Introduction

The Looks

The Specs

Acceleration Test

Road Test

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Decent acceleration
Cons
  • Major understeer

Final Thoughts

4.5/10
The acceleration and top speed are better than all of the other trucks in game. I've seen it in drag lobbies before.

Car #36: Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 '90

xSBzdGNQ7gVxSHb8r_0.jpg

Introduction

Hey Cowboy, isn't this the same as the Grand Sport except it doesn't have the white stripe down the middle? No, this is the upped ZR-1. 1990 was the first time since 1972 that the ZR-1 was produced, and the ZR-1 would keep going until 1995, where then it took another break until 2009. It was part of the Corvette lineup in GT2, and in GT6 it is kind of left out. So let's dig in.

The Looks

The looks have the same sharp yet smooth lines from the GS. This car I believe would count as semi premium since I couldn't notice any pixelation along the lines. The only thing I noticed that looked a little unpleasing were the rims, but this was the '90s, so that was common among cars.

The Specs

The ZR-1 produces 375 HP @ 6,000 rpm and 371.0 ft-lb of torque @ 5,000 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,735 cc engine. And the car weighs 1,600 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 5.025 sec
0-100: 11.133 sec
400m: 13.000 sec
1,000m: 23.526 sec
Top Speed: 199 mph (est.)

The ZR-1 doesn't have much spin at the start, but makes up for that at mid to high rpm. Gearbox is yet another issue, since I hit 6th gear at 187 mph. It came just short of 200, at 199 mph.

Road Test

Corvette on the Nürb, nothing new isn't it. This car has a bit of understeer, probably from the weight that it carries and requires heavy braking. It's tough to say how it drove, since that was the only problem I could think of. Acceleration was OK, handling is meh, braking is meh. So on the road it's a more powerful, slightly better handling Grand Sport. After one lap, I got a time of 8:05.427.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Cleaner looking than the GS
  • Has decent acceleration to a point
  • Engine sound is OK
Cons
  • Tough to get the hang of
  • Understeer
  • Braking distance is longer than other cars
  • Heavy

Final Thoughts

This car is OK, that's all I can say. If you're looking for a car that impresses, this isn't one to look at. Not all is bad, for I have one as a drift car and it performs quite nicely. Plus, of you're a good tuner, you probably wouldn't have to do too much to get it to drive better. So, my final rating for this one is.....

6.5/10

Car #37: Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70

WTpbPxQVDab4D4sQgh_0.jpg

Introduction

Chevelle, Chevette, Corvette. These are a few names that rhyme in the Chevrolet lineup. This car is widely seen from American car enthusiasts, even my uncle has a '69 in his garage. I don't care too much for these since they're simply just, big. But they have power to go with it, so that's a nice thing.

The Looks

The Chevelle has the classic looks from the early '70s, smooth and sleek. Four headlights can be found on front, with dual exhaust found on the rear. The car comes in many colors, all of which come with stripes. The Chevrolet logo is slapped on the license plate along with some branded tires. Everything about this car is classic, which is what it really is.

The Specs

The Chevelle produces 449 HP @ 5,500 rpm and 499.7 ft-lb of torque @ 3,500 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 7,440 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,762 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 4.560 sec
0-100: 10.850 sec
400m: 12.817 sec
1,000m: 23.684 sec
Top Speed: 133 mph

The Chevelle comes off the line with enough wheelspin to fog a neighborhood. One thing I noticed was the lack of power this has at high rpm, and that helped make the top speed longer to get too. If you drive manual, the power loss shouldn't be much of an issue. The top speed is a little faster than some other muscle cars, so that's a nice thing.

Road Test

On the track, this car has an interesting attitude. Interesting in that the handling is wierd. Instead of shipping out like a D1 drifter, it stays somewhat gripped to the road because of the high rpm power loss. It has that feel of when you have acceleration sensitivity tuned down to 5. It does help since you don't really want to drift every corner, but it's a wierd combination that I can't grasp completely. There's a tiny bit of understeer associated with this, but that's really all I can say for that because everything else if meh. After three laps on Laguna Seca, I clocked in a time of 1:44.958.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Wierd handling in the corners keeps it on the road
  • Somewhat decent sound
  • Able to compete
Cons
  • Feels a little heavy
  • Loses power at high rpms, which isn't good on high speed courses
  • Feels big (to me)

Final Thoughts

The Chevelle is a muscle car as we all know that kinda impressed me. One of my old PSN mates had one tuned for the track and he did pretty well with it. These are also common in the drag rooms since these can have a lot of power when tuned. Or, you could just cruise around and let your worries go away. My final rating for this one is.....

7/10​

Car #38: Chevrolet Camaro SS '10

jiMkS9u7oXZjcSNgf_0.jpg

Introduction

A modern take on a classic style. The new and improved Camaro made its debut as a concept in 2006 and into a production model in 2009 as a 2010 model. The new Camaro was produced in Oshawa Ontario and is still being produced, now in the sixth generation, today.

The Looks

The model I'm reviewing today is the SS model, the more high performance version. Looks are similar to that of the 1969 Camaro, with the front grille and four tailights. That's not all though, as you are able to have the single color, racing stripes, or a hockey stripe.

The Specs

The Camaro produces 427 HP @ 6,000 rpm and 420.2 ft-lb of torque @ 4,500 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 6,162 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,755 kg.

Acceleration Test

0-60: 3.980 sec
0-100: 9.867 sec
400m: 12.234 sec
1,000m: 22.617 sec
Top Speed: 187 mph (est.)

The Camaro is gripped off the line, with very minimal wheelspin. This helped it get a 0-60 time of just under four seconds, and the rest of these times look pretty good. Gears are pretty smooth, but the major issue here is that 6th gear comes at the worst time. I got there at ~175 mph and had to use the downhill slope to gain speed. In the end, I hit an established speed of 187 mph.

Road Test

The road test was nice. This car has a weight distribution that allows you to take most corners on the Nürb with ease, with a little throttle control. It is rear wheel drive, so you have to be easy on the gas on the corners and it will pay off. Never touched 6th gear, and didn't have really any problems whatsoever. After one lap, I got a time of 7:57.382.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Safe to drive
  • Variety of paint and aero options
  • Can be a real competitor
  • Decent looks
  • Reasonably priced
Cons
  • 6th gear

Final Thoughts

This car did not disappoint. I enjoy the car as a drifter, and even as a racer. This Camaro is more of an all rounder since I think it's good at pretty much anything. Take it for a drive, I think you'll like it. My rating for this one is.....

8.5/10​

You haven't heard about how bad the real life Camaro's visibility is when looking out the window?
I haven't actually. I didn't notice any issues with the window visibility in GT6 with the Camaro.

Cars #39 & #40: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 and Corvette Z06 (C5) '04

3Oruddvld2FKn3Cpw_0.jpg

LeQNgGzz1ab4jCGye9_0.jpg

Introduction

The fifth generation Corvette was released in 1997 and went until 2004. I don't know why PD put both of these in GT6, maybe it was just to boost the car count. I don't think much of these cars as I never really drive them, but I've heard plenty of feedback about these, so let's get this underway.

The Looks

The C5 design is one of my favorite things about this, smooth and sleek. It doesn't have the semi-blocky design of the previous C4, but now has aged enough so that it caught the attention of all drivers. This was the last generation to feature the pop up headlights, a staple since the C2. Though maybe not noticeable, the '04 has a titanium exhaust system, which was very unusual at the time for a production car.

The Specs

The '00 Corvette produces 378 HP @ 6,000 rpm and 358.0 ft-lb of torque @ 5,000 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,665 cc engine, and the car weighs 1,409 kg.

The '04 Corvette produces 406 HP @ 6,000 rpm and 399.9 ft-lb of torque @ 4,500 rpm. This comes from a front-mounted, naturally aspirated, 5,665 cc engine and this car weighs 1,414 kg.

Acceleration Test

Corvette Z06 '00

0-60: 3.967 sec
0-100: 10.184 sec
400m: 12.384 sec
1,000m: 22.550 sec
Top Speed: 210 mph (est.)

Corvette Z06 '04

0-60: 4.050 sec
0-100: 9.700 sec
400m: 12.267 sec
1,000m: 22.183 sec
Top Speed: 217 mph (est.)

Both cars had wheelspin off the line, the '04 having more of. As you can see from the times, these two are very close in terms of acceleration (only one PP value separates these cars). Sixth gear was long again but not as bad as before.

Road Test

The '00 Corvette didn't seem to surprise me at all on the road. Some understeer was present, and I ended up off the track a couple of times, and the car felt slightly sluggish. On the bright side, the car does have a somewhat decent sound, and the acceleration was ok until I hit sixth on that long straight neat the end. I don't know, maybe it's because it's a standard car, or maybe it's that it's not the best driving. Anyways though after one lap on the Nürburgring, I got a time of 7:51.511.

The '04 was an improvement. It felt a lot looser and wanted to drift and have fun on the track, which means you'd have to be more careful with it. Most everything else is the same as it's brother, though acceleration is slightly better. After one lap of the Nürburgring, I got a time of 7:42.759.

Pros and Cons
Pros
  • Smooth design
  • Could be classified as a sleeper
  • Can be had fun with
Cons
  • Sixth gear is way to long
  • Understeer with the '00
  • Is there really a need for two of pretty much the same car?

Final Thoughts

I'm OK with the C5. It has a design that's more laid back and doesn't scream aggression, but instead wants a Sunday drive. I'll probably keep the '00 or the '04 just to see if it's tuneable, and maybe it's a good car once tuned, I don't know. My final rating for these two is.....

7/10​

Last edited:
Back