Cowboy's GT6 Car Review Thread

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 99 comments
I know I haven't posted anything in this thread, but I've enjoyed your reviews, @Cowboy. 👍 Are you still planning to continue this?
The reason I haven't done anything in a while is that I'm so caught up in other stuff in my life, like planning for college, that I don't get too much free time to make these reviews anymore. Put that in with the fact that I'm a bit lazy also. If I do put up another review, it's not going to be for a while, so I'm going to put off this thread until further notice.

Hope you understand :cheers:

The reason I haven't done anything in a while is that I'm so caught up in other stuff in my life, like planning for college, that I don't get too much free time to make these reviews anymore. Put that in with the fact that I'm a bit lazy also. If I do put up another review, it's not going to be for a while, so I'm going to put off this thread until further notice.

Hope you understand :cheers:
No problem. Good luck with your planning, and I hope to see your reviews back before too long. :)

Yep, I'm back at it again with the reviews, at least for the time being. However, the way I will review now will be a lot different then before, and hopefully more constructive. I will not be going in dealership order anymore since it gets painstakingly dreadful to review cars like that. So now, I will be going through dealerships and finding cars that I find are worthy of a nice review. So today is basically a copy/paste of my review from the Beater or Sleeper thread.

Enjoy!

Car #41: Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II Nür '02

The R34 GT-R V-spec II Nur. Long name isn't it. People who have seen the movie 2 Fast 2 Furious just need to know the R34 part, since those people dream of owning one. Fanboys aside, the R34 has been around since GT2, but the V-spec Nur has been around since GT4. The car has an interesting character, with those intimidating headlights, smoothed out boxy side profile, and those signature four tailights for your opponents to stare at.

cgczdkayxhd4zaopl9_0-jpg.536246

Since we're on the topic of looks, the car certainly has them. Not as good looking as the R32 in my opinion, but good enough for an early '00s sports car. Another opinion of mine is the rims, which I think bring down the looks a minor amount. Then you have that thing on the hood that I have no idea what the use of it is. On the outside, it looks like a regular Skyline, and the same is for the interior. Things change drastically under the hood though.....

Power, moar power. Under the hood one can find a neat six-cylinder producing just over 330 horses, apart from the 276 HP that the dealership says. It's a bit of a hefty one too, weighing in at over 1,500 kg, but the RB26DET helps it overcome the weight.

On to the track test. It ain't a Nur without the Nürburgring, so that's the venue with this one. At Suzuka, the car was quite stable with the not so bad understeer, but on the Nürb if was a different car.

mj87inojyvv4srrolp_0-jpg.536249

The Skyline tackled the first few corners like a running back getting a 60 yard touchdown, and had a steady flow throuout the sector. On Flugplatz, it wasn't quite fast enough to get any air, but that doesn't matter, since catching air on that part is quite dangerous.

1zdqwekpuxyohxnyrh_0-jpg.536250

The next obstacle was Adaneuer Frost, one of my weakest point in thus track. Fortunately, this car plowed right through it with no errors. It has the brakes to slow way down when needed, which is exactly what is needed here. No loss of grip was present as well, even if it is not RWD.

jyqmpcqtx7aouhvt4k_0-jpg.536251

Skipping ahead a few miles, we come to the Carousel, a signature part of the 'Ring. I for one am not a professional on this corner, in fact I usually take the outside part. The Skyline however is able to take this corner safely and fast. Then it's on to my favorite part of the course.....

bsszilqkuhdoopyydd_0-jpg.536281

Ah yes, the final miles of the track. A place filled with sweeping curves, constant elevation change, and that long straight right before the end. Once again this car tackled this part with no problems whatsoever, although in the picture above I had to brake heavily to avoid that gravel trap, but other than that there was no issue to be heard of.

3httqkfui4jngi7ds_0-jpg.536287

So the verdict. To a muscle car fanatic, this is a ricer because it's an import. To a lot of others it's neither because they think it's so good. In my opinion, this is a car that has some great potential because it has sports car attitude, yet can face up against the toughest kids on the block. Of course, let's not forget this guy:

cvfk38zvaaa0tbw-jpg.536288

My rating: 8.5/10

Car #42: Cizeta V16T '94

DtQBTfrePI54LEjIGT_0.jpg

Cizeta. Not a common name among the auto industry. Formed in the 1980s by a musician and a wealthy car dealer, the two made a car known as the V16T. The car gets its name from the 16 cylinders mounted horizontally behind the cockpit. The engine (or engines) was two Lamborghini Uracco V8s smashed together to make 560 HP and 6.0 liters. At the dealerships i t didn't fare well, especially with the $300,000 pricetag at the time. In GT6, it's a standout with those four pop-up headlights and that exhaust note. It has the looks of a Countach and a Diablo put together, which I think made an appealing design.

As stated before, the car puts out 579 HP in GT6 and 543.9 ft-lb of torque. A naturally aspirated 6,000 cc engine accompanies this, along with a weight of 1,640 kg. There is an interesting thing to be found in the GT Auto. When going through the wings section, the car can have a special wing that looks molded to the car. It's a neat addition if you ask me, and along with that you get a couple other aero options.

DzdxReMYrZyeXh566_0.jpg

The test. First things first, this car was a handful on the Nürburgring, pretty much a heavier RUF BTR. It was a fidgety one, sliding carelessly on the first few corners. The car almost caught air at Flugplatz (thank God it didn't) and at the right hander before the gate I had a taste of D1 drifting *Eurobeat briefly intensifies*.

VY2fON3QR0E4bvt73f_0.jpg

Throughout the track, the car was sloppy. Oversteer accompanied by sudden power made for a dangerous and grueling journey. As you can tell by now, the car doesn't corner well. Acceleration is good and is the strong point of the car in my opinion, and oh that exhaust note is great. The long straight was open for this car, flying down like it had had enough of corners. It takes an art to drive this beast and unfortunately I haven't mastered that yet, but the car made for some nice photos in action.

lzObo5hgp0coprINzm_0.jpg

In conclusion, the car was a mess on the road, but has the craftsmanship, sound, and short but informative history that makes this sort of an unsung hero. However, would you choose this, a $600,000 supercar that's unpredictable, or would you go for the Diablo GT, half the cost and just as unpredictable. I'll let you be the judge of that one, but in the meantime, I'm gonna park this one in my garage.

eVex3PODwQjb3nfIe_0.jpg

My rating: 6.5/10

Last edited:
shame that they didn't put the real name of the Cizeta :/ the Cizeta Moroder V16T. if you look very closely on the rear of the car, you can see on one of the sides of the plate the word Moroder(can't remember on wich side). personnally, I have one and use it sometimes. with one of the custom spoiler available, it looks a bit like a Vector W8 in a gold/beige color. great review btw

Car #43: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 '06

City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg

There was a time in the early 2000's when the world of cars had a certain vibe. Ferrari had its 360, Porsche had the 996, and Lamborghini had its Diablo. However, in 2001, which was the final year for the Diablo, Lamborghini debuted a new car for that year's Frankfurt Auto Show. This was called the Murcielago. The car looked quite different then its predecessor, with a more aggressive front end and pretty sharp appearance overall. In 2006, Lamborghini made the more powerful LP640 version, which as the name implies, made 640 HP. Before the Aventador, before the Veneno, heck, even before the Gallardo, there was this. This in my opinion was one of the last Lambos made before they started to be overdone, but anyways, let's get the review underway.

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_2.jpg

Let's start on looks. The Murcie has a mix of sharp and smooth lines, having more sharp than smooth. The irregular trapezoid headlights and open mouthed front end give this an attitude that only a fighting bull istelf could have. The side profile however has a more smooth texture, starting out small in the front, while ending with the housing of that big V12 in the trunk. The color choices from the dealer are usual Lamborghini shinanigans, having anything from a bright white to black to yellow to Verde Ithaca, a lighter lime color. Can this piece of art have an aero kit? Yes. There are two option for the front end, a black splitter and a painted bumper to give the car a more chinsy look.

City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg

Right, the specs. The Murcie produces a hearty 631 horsepower at 8,000 rpm, and produces 487.0 ft-lb of torque at 6,000 rpm. As you may tell the obvious, the car has a mid-mounted, naturally aspirated V12 which consequently gives the car quite an uneven weight distribution of 43:57. Did I mention it weighs 1,665 kg?

Autodromo Nazionale Monza.jpg

To the track! Hmm, where is a good place to test an Italian 4WD that's as angry as a bull itself? How about Monza! Right off the bat, I noticed that the engine sound is pretty good. But that was cut short by a corner, well the final curve of the track that is. This is really where the car shows its weakness, not turning but drifting through a good majority of that curve. Luckily the car's 4WD system made it so that I could pretty much power through it. Then I had a long straight, home straight that is. The car has a pop-up spoiler that keeps it on the ground, yet retracts back in at around 150 mph. Once the car hit high speeds, I noticed that it felt a little unstable because it tried to pull just a little in one direction. I didn't have time to worry about that, for I had corners to corner.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_2.jpg

As previously stated, the car has a 43:57 weight distribution. One may think that that's nothing, but that person probably drives a Lotus Elise. Cornering this car requires a skill of its own, not to touchy yet not to sudden with the wheel. There were some times that I almost snapped in the other direction from oversteer, but if you have the patience, you should be ok. If you're one of those people who likes to experiment, I would actually recommend drifting this car since it would rather get angle than stay straight. This car takes a bit of practice before getting used to. You've got to understand the strengths and weaknesses, and realize that this car doesn't really like to be pushed. Think of it as a 4WD BTR, beause it pretty much acts like one.

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_1.jpg

Ah yes, the verdict. The Murcielago is a car that isn't talked about much these days, probably because of the newer Aventador SV, or the Huracan. I remember back in the day though, that the average fanbase for this car were people who were in thier early teen years, or kids in general. Nowadays though, it's a collecters car that i'm sure would be welcome into a lot of garages. Any alternatives to this car? Well if you're looking for moar power, try the Murcielago LP670-4, or you could buy the Murcielago Chrome Line if you prefer a livery editor feel. This car isn't one for beginners, and even the pros probably have to take a few laps just to get familiar with this bull, like me. Now I myself am not a pro, but you get the point.

My rating: 7/10

Last edited:
I love that car. especially the 1st gen wich isn't in GT6 :'( or even the racing version: Murcielago R-GT with a mad sound. I did(with a tune from Ridox, but needs to be stabilised) a replica of that car either in the 2003-2007 specs(Reiter Engineering test car from 2003 with the 36 number) and also the 2008-2009 specs(IPB Spartak Reiter 2008 le mans with the 55 number) :) i fell in love with this car since Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2 :D great review 👍

Back