CRAP Club PCARS 2 Time Trials - Thanks for taking part everyone, we will return one day!

I really hope Project Cars 3 improves the car physics on kurbs.
It was a long time I do not play Cars 2 and it is just insane how weird the car behaviour can be.
Depends on the height of the curb, and the car, and the suspension's stiffness/dampers.

That old '69 Camaro, the TransAm, rides curbs without issues. It's heavy and has a softer suspension, makes sense.

The BMW we drove last week is lower, lighter, and has stiffer springs. Naturally, it gets easily unsettled by curbs, especially on that last corner at Brands.

I did have a weird interaction with the outside curb through Dingle Dell, but that was because my front outside tire went off the curb, onto the grass, so it had a hard time gripping onto the curb, instead trying to throw me further off-track.

The same happened with the Porsche at Oulton Park, after the exit out of T1. Outside tire goes beyond the curb, onto the grass, can't get grip on the curb because it's high, car wants to go off track.

All seems pretty logical to me, unless there's something else I didn't notice?

GT1 is probably my favorite class...loud, old, rare, fast cars.

1:00.859 - Loose / ...and I'm pretty sure a sub-1 is possible.

hWX05Rf.png

Well, didn't quite manage to get close to your time haha, but it was a fun drive nevertheless. I really had to put some faith in that car as it gave me the feeling that it would spin out every corner, but it didn't..

01:03.225 - stable

EaQSTDmWAAAx9-X

GT1 is probably my favorite class...loud, old, rare, fast cars.

1:00.859 - Loose / ...and I'm pretty sure a sub-1 is possible.

hWX05Rf.png

Btw Puffer, are the PC times different from the PS4 ones? On PS4 the leader on the board has a sub 1:00.000, also in the CLK. I admire you for being faster than the CLK drivers with custom setups :D Do you think you would be ALOT faster if you could fiddle with the settings? I'd love to see you try that.

Btw Puffer, are the PC times different from the PS4 ones? On PS4 the leader on the board has a sub 1:00.000, also in the CLK. I admire you for being faster than the CLK drivers with custom setups :D Do you think you would be ALOT faster if you could fiddle with the settings? I'd love to see you try that.

I'll jump in and say that I personally think that times are completely comparable between PC and PS4 (and Xbox, presumably, don't think we've ever had an Xbox player join in). I'm on PC and Hammy (and other PS4 players who've taken part in the past) regularly kick my *** :lol: - at the same time Neko and Hammy are normally pretty evenly matched.

If you want to check out the PC leaderboards you can check every car/track combo in the game here. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone beat the top time this week, just because it's a combo not that many have used - there's only 7 times on the PC board.

I managed to get myself to position 23 on the PS4 leaderboard.. The last time i tried a community event time-trial, the best i got was position 74 or so. Indeed as you say, this track is not often used in combination with these cars.

Orrr.... we are just extremely fast!! ..

I do like the 200 layout at Snett, but the last two corners are really tricky - coming out of a wide medium speed bend then braking while the car is unsettled makes for much spinnage, for me anyway :lol:

Just over a second off Neko, and it's all in the first and last sectors - 1:01.919

20200613205710_1.jpg

And it wouldn't be a lap at Snett without a bit of dangleage...

20200613210653_1.jpg

I kept forgetting to mention this: Turning off Automatic Clutch in the settings makes cars with sequential gearboxes (such as the Panoz) shift slightly quicker. It also makes the shifting sound more real as a result.

I kept forgetting to mention this: Turning off Automatic Clutch in the settings makes cars with sequential gearboxes (such as the Panoz) shift slightly quicker. It also makes the shifting sound more real as a result.

Ah yeah, I'd forgotten about that. I don't think it gains a huge amoung of time but it all helps.

Whenever I do this it always catches me out when I go back to a car with a non-sequential - "Why won't this ******* thing change gear!!! Oh, yeah, auto clutch is off...." :lol:

It rained today so I thought I'd have another go... It's all about the slow corners. Maintaining control and speed through them is the most difficult part, and I'm not having much luck with piecing the sectors together into a lap...

1:00.681 - Loose

BeTXQfG.png

The new CRAP PCARS 2 TT is....

The 1991 Audi V8 DTM At Zhuhai International Circuit!!

dtm-historia-audi-v8-biela-1991.jpg

Zhuhai_International_Circuit_track_map.svg.png

Conditions:

To be done in “Time Trial” mode using stock setup on "loose", "Stable" or "OEM" (If available). (if you have a saved setup for this combo, please return it to “default” before trying, as times with the “setup used” symbol will show in the in game timing screen, and won’t be counted!) You can use driver aids if you wish! Post an in game screen shot of your time and post it here for it to count, Good luck!! ;)

This TT will run until next Tuesday night, the 23rd of June, good luck!

Play, and stay safe! ;)

Took one last run at Snett earlier on the pad and got nowhere with it, too warm to run the wheel (having to choose between VR and the wheel when it's warm, and VR always wins!). The Audi should be fun at Zhuhai :)

Took one last run at Snett earlier on the pad and got nowhere with it, too warm to run the wheel (having to choose between VR and the wheel when it's warm, and VR always wins!). The Audi should be fun at Zhuhai :)

Enjoy the Audi mate.....And the track, which I believe makes its debut in the TTs!

That was a surprisingly easy leaderboard to top... The trick is - Use a higher gear than you normally would when exiting corners.

3rd through the 1st and 4th corner (carry as much speed as the tyres allow), 2nd through the hairpins. Saved over a second just by shifting less.

1:41.119 - Loose

0TSaFs7.png

The new CRAP PCARS 2 TT is....

The 1999 BMW V12 LMR at Le Mans 24 Hours (De La Sarthe) Circuit!!!

1999 BMW V12 LMR.jpg

Le_Mans.jpg

Conditions:

To be done in “Time Trial” mode using stock setup on "loose", "Stable" or "OEM" (If available). (if you have a saved setup for this combo, please return it to “default” before trying, as times with the “setup used” symbol will show in the in game timing screen, and won’t be counted!) You can use driver aids if you wish! Post an in game screen shot of your time and post it here for it to count, Good luck!! ;)

This TT will run until next Tuesday night, the 30th of June, good luck!

Play, and stay safe! ;)

Yeah, that... I ran a couple of sessions back end of last week then completely forgot to post my time...

Mind you I was nowhere near Neko so it wouldn't have affected the result :lol:

No worries mate, I was a bit worried that you was ok to be honest in these difficult times.....You've got time still to have a go in the Beemer LMR anyway! ;)

No worries mate, I was a bit worried that you was ok to be honest in these difficult times.....You've got time still to have a go in the Beemer LMR anyway! ;)

I'm good mate, just work is mad at the moment and with it being so hot* the last few days when I get home the last thing I need is to put a headset on and have a workout with a wheel! Should cool down a bit at the weekend so hopefully get a run in the Bimmer then :)

Hope all is ok with you too!

*For those not familiar with the British climate, 30C is damn hot! Fittingly it looks likely to end with thunderstorms on Friday, which is about right for us :lol:

I'm good mate, just work is mad at the moment and with it being so hot* the last few days when I get home the last thing I need is to put a headset on and have a workout with a wheel! Should cool down a bit at the weekend so hopefully get a run in the Bimmer then :)

Hope all is ok with you too!

*For those not familiar with the British climate, 30C is damn hot! Fittingly it looks likely to end with thunderstorms on Friday, which is about right for us :lol:

Get that air con on mate! Glad you're good pal, and here it was 4C today, and sleeting.....Winter here where I am at the moment, but heading back to Europe in September...Part of my "life change".......At least I'll catch the end of the Spanish summer, before maybe going back to Blighty after that.....

The future is a mystery right now.....

Get that air con on mate! Glad you're good pal, and here it was 4C today, and sleeting.....Winter here where I am at the moment, but heading back to Europe in September...Part of my "life change".......At least I'll catch the end of the Spanish summer, before maybe going back to Blighty after that.....

The future is a mystery right now.....

What I wouldn't give for aircon at home right now! I'm staying at the office until about 8pm at the moment just for the coolness :lol:

Back