CRAP DiRT Rally Club [PS4] Racenet League Events live

I haven't done the latest Trial yet. The first one in this season I had 2 goes and the 2nd one the same. The next season we can make it one try only. My main disappointment so far in running the club is that points only go down to 10th place. I'd like to see every position get points. Then those consistently out of the top 10 always have something to compete for. Also currently we can't see the results once the event has finished. A good idea would be user defined points.

Well I now have version 1 of my handbrake mod up and running. Seems to be working really well for me.

Can you have a quick look at these please?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...+handbrake.TRS0&_nkw=rally+handbrake&_sacat=0

Would any of those give the required resistance/tension needed if not connected to a cable? I'm thinking of doing something similar to yours with a rubber band and potentially something from ebay. I can strap a DS4 to my rig using some velcro tabs.

Can you have a quick look at these please?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...+handbrake.TRS0&_nkw=rally+handbrake&_sacat=0

Would any of those give the required resistance/tension needed if not connected to a cable? I'm thinking of doing something similar to yours with a rubber band and potentially something from ebay. I can strap a DS4 to my rig using some velcro tabs.

All of these brakes will have very little resistance as they are hydraulic and so need oil to work. I guess you could rig springs on them and they would be great then.

If my camera was working I'd show you my handbrake mod that hits the R3 button on the base of my T300RS.

That sounds ingenious. However I want an analogue mode handbrake though like @Eyeseeh50 has made. I've got a Thrustmaster th8a shifter that I can use plugged straight into the PS4. I just didn't think it was very good as it was just on/off. Maybe my best bet is to petition Thrustmaster/Codemasters to support analogue mode in the game on PS4? Even better would be a proper Thrustmaster handbrake?

I haven't done the latest Trial yet. The first one in this season I had 2 goes and the 2nd one the same. The next season we can make it one try only. My main disappointment so far in running the club is that points only go down to 10th place. I'd like to see every position get points. Then those consistently out of the top 10 always have something to compete for. Also currently we can't see the results once the event has finished. A good idea would be user defined points.

If I could throw in my humble votes for next season, I would like to see the following two things:

1) Prohibit restarts and retries. I think this adds a layer of realism to the league and puts the pressure on to perform but not go balls-out looking for a time since one wrong move can push you down the leaderboard.

2) Multi-stage rallies (4? 6?). Adds to the fun and also adds a strategic element to how each racer faces each event. Especially if you prohibit career engineers; that makes it harder to fix the car at service parks.

Regarding the points, I personally do not feel left out for not making the the top 10, it just adds an incentive to get better. However, your idea of a custom points payout is not bad and can be implemented here on the thread.

If I could throw in my humble votes for next season, I would like to see the following two things:

1) Prohibit restarts and retries. I think this adds a layer of realism to the league and puts the pressure on to perform but not go balls-out looking for a time since one wrong move can push you down the leaderboard.

2) Multi-stage rallies (4? 6?). Adds to the fun and also adds a strategic element to how each racer faces each event. Especially if you prohibit career engineers; that makes it harder to fix the car at service parks.

Regarding the points, I personally do not feel left out for not making the the top 10, it just adds an incentive to get better. However, your idea of a custom points payout is not bad and can be implemented here on the thread.

Only if we can see the past results of the time trials. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place I can't see the previous results (only the current one). It relies on going into the events and copy and pasting. We'll have to go with what the game gives us for now. Too much administration and I'm not a happy bunny. ;)

badass-rabbitpouncing2.jpg

We'll do the no restarts next time. We did that with the first "season" we did at Pikes Peak. I agree it makes it more like the real thing.

Last edited:
Isn't it in the drop-down right below the league summary?

View attachment 538246

Thank you. I've never noticed the drop down on my phone.

@PzR Slim Your time is shown for event one, you just didn't get the points. I'll put something together with revised points later.. I may implement a different points scoring system. If there are 30 finishers then 1st will get 30 points. Last to finish will get 1 point. If the same. That means for example that events where only 10 people enter would get a lower score in proportion to the amount of finishing competition. It might not represent if someone dominates a season but it keeps things close and is easy to administer.

Last edited:
Kinda crazy that my time shows but I didn't get any points for it! I'm happy to to run to any points system a rules you want. I realize that it's a lot of effort organizing something like this so I'm happy to go with whatever works best for you.

I did 3 practice runs and set my time on the first proper run. I got a 3:07 and thought, Wow! That's way faster than the person that was in first! And then I saw that @scholesy1899 did a 3:04. So close.

I tried the manta as well, but it was too understeery for me, and I really had to push to get it to handle right. It was a lot easier to get a clean run in the 037 for me as I only had to go at 70% at the most, where as the manta had to be 100% all the time, and I just couldn't keep it on the road.

Here's the run from my perspective:

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'll try to remember to upload a run replay in future.

I'm a bit of an old git now, is this done with the share button to YouTube? Does it generate a channel just for the replay or have I got to have my own channel prior?:dunce:

I hope you guys don't think I hammering these events at all costs or anything as I'm unable to and wouldn't want to anyway.

I'm a long time GT5/6 league racer with DFGT<G27, I recently upgraded to 599xx with TH3PA's but this coincided with a job change to a (non weeknights racing) 2:00-10:00 shift (does CRAP do weekends?). My seat time has more than halved!👎

Especially as I've taken to this rig so well, oh man the brake pedal feel with cone adaptor:drool:

image.jpeg

I've also got family and so while the CRAP DRC has been running I haven't played any DR career or PCARS (I'm signed up for ESL this Sunday, I'm going to have pitchforks out on me as I don't know when I'm going to practice)

My regime during these events have been to pick 1 day out of the 3 it's running.

After kids and things have been sorted in the morning, I give myself 45/hour in custom mode to get use to stage and car (all cars are new to me except Cooper S) before I go to work.

During work I'm like a bobsleigher going through the stage in my mind. You can't not have your race head on with DR I find.

After work and by 12 the missus has gone to bed, I prep for run. I usually have made gear tweaks in my head and have one more custom practice. Max. 3 restarts or a complete run that I'm reasonably happy with, whatever comes first. If I take the 3rd restart I have to take that run.

I then do the same in the league mode. I hope that's not seen as overkill or cheating in anyway. I can see people are obviously doing nigh on blind runs.

So that's where I'm at. Don't mind at all to change to no restarts, love to play with you guys in CRAP PCARS, love to do some RX with you guys but I'm limited to time, so I decided to enrol in ESL this Sunday anyway!!???:nervous:

Apologies for TL;DR I should have gone to bed hours ago. Please feel free to FR me. I is clean mandem.

Last edited:
I'm not the best to explain how to upload but, make a YouTube account. After you have a great run or something to share hold down the share button. Then got to upload to YouTube, it will then have you sign in to your account. Then you can trim the video to your liking then scrolled down and hit upload.

Then your good to go!

I'm not the best to explain how to upload but, make a YouTube account. After you have a great run or something to share hold down the share button. Then got to upload to YouTube, it will then have you sign in to your account. Then you can trim the video to your liking then scrolled down and hit upload.

Then your good to go!

No that's excellent thanks bud. The account requirement was the info needed.

This challenge beat me. I simply couldn't keep the car on the road so had to just coast through the stage (I don't think I ever got above 50% throttle). Hopefully that is still enough to win WRC2 (The dualshock sub league I've just created in my imagination land :D).

Ha ha I always think the same thing playing with the controller! We're so far behind the wheel people it's not funny. I'll have a wheel next month...

You pipped me by 5.883 seconds for the WRC2 bragging rights. :bowdown:

Back