CRAP DiRT Rally Club [PS4] Racenet League Events live

It only works if you plug it into a set of Fanatec Clubsport pedals Version 2 or 3. No idea about the shifter as I don't have one.

The clutch is a great idea! Going to try this later as I don't have the shifter yet and using a button has been dang near impossible for me so I have been limping around haripins.

I decided to set it up in sequential mode and although it's not analogue so isn't ideal it is probably the easiest option compared to the others.

I couldn't find my sequential plate but when I lifted the h plate there is a small actuator which when held down activates sequential mode. Normally this is held down by a sticky out bit (technical term) on the sequential plate. I just folded up a small piece of paper to keep it held down with the h pattern plate just rotated 90 degrees and screwed back in place.

Last edited:
More testing and I seem to be able to get more consistent results training my left foot to use the clutch pedal. I think thats because it's analogue and just gives a finer degree of control. I'll have a look at @Eyeseeh50's ds4 handbrake once it hits the market.

Last edited:
So my quest for a handbrake continues. I have an old handbrake taken out of one of my old autocross cars and thought I would give that a go. The photo shows the handbrake mounted on a bracket which will be attached to my desk, now all I have to figure out is how to move the stick on the ds4 with it. I want the controller on my desk as I like hearing the navigator through it.

20160414_211442.jpg

I was having trouble getting my accounts and stuff sorted, so I more or less gave up. I went back onto recenet to try again. It was all set and ready to go. :boggled: Whatever, I'm not going to question it.

I had a helluva time getting my RaceNet account set up. I started on the PC (I don't have DR on PC, it's just easier for me to manage this stuff on my laptop) and registered with an email that is NOT my PSN email. Got logged in no problem on the PC on the DiRT game site. Then I went to PS4 and entered that email and password. I was logged in OK but couldn't connect to leagues in the PS4 browser pop up. So I went back to the PC and was automatically logged out of my account. I could no longer log in with my credentials. For a while I thought that I was even banned.

After a lot of messing around, I tried logging in on the PC with my PSN account. That worked!

I never had problems logging in with DiRT Rally PS4 into the leagues. But I now see that when I log in on PC I have two accounts. The original one on Steam that I created first, and the PSN account that must be linked to my PS4 game. I toggle between the two accounts with the drop-down under my handle at the top of the DiRT game website.

So evidently you can have multiple accounts on RaceNet but they are all linked to the same user. It was very confusing but all is working great now.

For those of you who have not yet created a RaceNet account and want to race on the PS4, here's some advice:

Create your account with your PSN login information. That will probably avoid all the confusion I had to suffer.

Steering saturation does the same thing-saves messing with the wheel every time.

I'm going to make a handbrake for not much money that will activate the r3 button, still in the design stage (in my head) at the moment but i reckon it'll work. If it doesn't you'll hear no more on the matter ;)

That's actually a really good idea. I've been trying to run bike cable to my clutch pedal, but that's way easier!

Steering saturation does the same thing-saves messing with the wheel every time.

I'm going to make a handbrake for not much money that will activate the r3 button, still in the design stage (in my head) at the moment but i reckon it'll work. If it doesn't you'll hear no more on the matter ;)
I will be interested to see what you come up with.

What's 3 lights? I've tried handbrake as R3 on my wheelbase and it's easier to reach than any button on the wheel but not good enough

I was having trouble getting my accounts and stuff sorted, so I more or less gave up. I went back onto recenet to try again. It was all set and ready to go. :boggled: Whatever, I'm not going to question it.

That's good to know. I think mine was set up with a different user display name which popped up occasionally in our league before disappearing.

I appear in the league standings! I appear in the league standings! I appear in the league standings! YAY!!!

Pity my two first places in the previous events count for nothing but at least I am there now.

Yay indeed. At least we know. It won't be forgotten ;)

How does it change? To match the steering wheel?

If you want the steering wheel to match the wheel choose to only display the wheel but not the wheel and driver. They haven't animated a full throw of the wheel. Steering saturation indeed avoids having to muck about with changing the wheel every time you turn it on.

How does it change? To match the steering wheel?

Nicked off another thread-

To manually change the angle of rotation on the wheel, you need to simultaneously hold the Mode button and either the Left or Right button on the D-Pad. Left will decrease it, while Right will increase.

The red light will then flash:

1 Flash - 270 degrees

2 Flashes - 360 degrees

3 flashes - 540 degrees

4 flashes - 900 degrees

5 flashes - 1080 degrees.
As jsb says, steering saturation does the same job, if your wheel's set at 1080° and you put ss at 50, that'll make 540° which means you turn the wheel half the amount to get the same result. I think.
I've left mine at 1080 and moved steering linearity to +4, that's my sweet spot and gives me the least fatal offs.

Last edited:
I am surprised to see myself so far down the leaderboard. Granted, I'm one of the few using a controller (will have a new wheel next month) but even with the controller, on most dailies I manage the top 25% without too much effort. I am also cruising through the Career mode without too much difficulty.

The CRAP events I just jump in and do them. I don't practice beforehand, and I don't restart or retry. Are you guys retrying frequently trying to get the perfect run? Or are you all just blazing fast?

I am surprised to see myself so far down the leaderboard. Granted, I'm one of the few using a controller (will have a new wheel next month) but even with the controller, on most dailies I manage the top 25% without too much effort. I am also cruising through the Career mode without too much difficulty.

The CRAP events I just jump in and do them. I don't practice beforehand, and I don't restart or retry. Are you guys retrying frequently trying to get the perfect run? Or are you all just blazing fast?
We the best.......
DJ khalid....

Latest Posts

Back