CRAP DiRT Rally Club [PS4] Racenet League Events live

Discussion in 'DiRT Series' started by JohnScoonsBeard, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Eyeseeh50

Eyeseeh50

That's great to know Football67611, thanks

2. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

It's not yet analogue on PS4 though. You're just using the TH8A as an expensive and very pretty on off switch. In the small amount of real rallying I've done the use of the handbrake requires a fine degree of control as it is often used to steer the car. I'm hoping a patch will be released to the game that will allow it to support the feature on the TH8A. On the PC version it can be used as a proper analogue handbrake by changing mode using the setup drivers. It should just need enabling in the game (and possibly on the PS4 drivers by Thrustmaster.

I've still not set up the wheel on game yet as I've been away. However on controller I've mapped the right stick left as handbrake and it allows it to be used as an analogue handbrake. It works pretty well. I'm still surprised no recent wheels have come out with some sort of analogue control. It would be great for a handbrake or changing view. It's one small area where a controller does actually have an advantage. It has 10 mappable analogue movements (not including motion control).

Apparently the Fanatec gear stick can be used "as is" in the game on PS4 as an analogue handbrake via USB so might be an option.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    alegunner68 and Football67611 like this.
  3. Eyeseeh50

Eyeseeh50

A handbrake is something I am very surprised the likes of Thrustmaster has not released. I may email them and see if they have anything in the pipeline.

4. scholesy1899

scholesy1899

Look at the main dirt release thread, the last page or two they're talking about setting up handbrake.
    599xx R3 for me. Less tricky than R2.

alegunner68 and JohnScoonsBeard like this.
  5. alegunner68

alegunner68

Couple of nice tutorials

6. ELmarcotuff

ELmarcotuff

Do we have a day ranking?

JohnScoonsBeard likes this.
  7. Pfei

Pfei Premium

Just signed up, PSN handle is "pfei". Nice to hang around like-minded racers on GTPlanet. My virtual racing career began with just happening to be in Japan in December 1997 for the original GT launch. Obviously I brought a copy home with me. The rest, as they say, is history...

Hope we'll see some events with no restarts or retries as it really heaps on the pressure to drive fast, but cautiously. Anyway, it's not my league, but just my $0.02.

I was messing around with my own league creating events, and the system is really great, and flexible. I mean, you could literally set up a long, tough season by maxing everything out. All six locations, with marathons between service parks to make things really difficult.

Like:

Day1
    • Stage1 (medium/long)
    • Stage2 (medium/long)
    • Service
    • Stage3 (medium/long)
    • Stage4 (medium/long)
    Day2
    • Stage5 (short)
    • Stage6 (short/medium))
    • Stage7 (short)
    • Service
    • Stage8 (short)
    • Stage9 (short/medium)
    • Stage10 (short)
    Day3
    • Stage11 (medium/long)
    • Stage12 (short/medium)
    I am really surprised at the flexibility that RaceNet gives us for leagues.

8. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

My stats so far, nothing to write home about lol! Less rolls and damage, and more progess is in order!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

JohnScoonsBeard and xX Jojje Xx like this.
  9. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

It's arrived, the latest addition to my sim rig, a clubsport handbrake! I had the V1 clubsport pedals which do not support the handbrake so have also upgraded to the V3's. A really quick install too. Hopefully get a chance to try it out tonight. I know I sound like a big kid but I can't wait for the first stage start with it. Holding the lever of the handbrake rather than a button on the wheel is going to be so cool!

[​IMG]

10. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

Fun car the Lancia 037, and great little German stage, but still making mistakes lol!! :lol:

11. DIOGOPINTO121

DIOGOPINTO121

Guys when we start racing ?

12. Pfei

Pfei Premium

There is an event going right now.

13. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

I'm having an issue where I pressed a button to see the leaderboards which prompts me with the "there are no entries in this leaderboard" , I then press ok but it keep prompting me the same message and there is nothing I can do, it's stuck and I have to close the game to do anything. everytime I enter leagues the same thing happens :grumpy:

14. DnBasshead007

DnBasshead007

I am having the same issue. One of those early bugs. Won't be clicking on that again until a patch is out.

15. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

one fix is keep mashing the "X" button.

Yeldz and JohnScoonsBeard like this.
  16. Yeldz

Yeldz

I had/have the same issue, worked out the mash buttons thing as a result of frustration.
    Happens when you've completed a league event, exit & go to view again before the event is over.

17. Theiceman1

Theiceman1

Same problem with shifter....have to configure everytime....

18. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

When in doubt, mash buttons :lol:

19. knukken

knukken

Got the game and Gf is going away for a few days so I'm probably on tonight and tomorrow

20. Football67611

Football67611

@knukken let me know your thoughts! Make sure you change the rotation to 3 lights.

knukken and JohnScoonsBeard like this.
  21. scholesy1899

scholesy1899

What feels best? Anybody tried? 3 bleeps or calibrate at 1080 in game and then turn steering saturation to 50%.

22. Football67611

Football67611

I have only tried the 3 blinks. I haven't messed with the FB either.

23. Eyeseeh50

Eyeseeh50

Well after a little test this evening I have discovered that both the steering wheel and ds4 controller are recognised at the same time. My plan now is to make something to activate one of the sticks on the ds4 and set that as the handbrake.

Football67611 likes this.
  24. ELmarcotuff

ELmarcotuff

I want to know how this goes, because I'll do this to if it works

Football67611 and Eyeseeh50 like this.
  25. knukken

knukken

If I don't do something similar in going to break one of my thumbs!!! :lol:

26. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

I tried it last night Iain after our Project Cars races. It works and it's better than using a button.

I found things a bit crap trying to use the handbrake on a button on the wheel. It's very difficult to find a button when you're spinning the wheel left and right.

I also tried using one of the flappy paddles (down shift) for the handbrake which are easier to reach than buttons.

The most effective was using the clutch on my T3PA pedals but that needs me to teach my feet to dance better. Quite difficult.

I'm going to try setting up the shifter as the handbrake. Do I need to set that up with the sequential plate or can I just rotate the h pattern one and plug in via USB?

27. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Yeah a button on the steering will is a nightmare. The new Fanatec Handbrake has worked a treat since I got it. Much more intuitive and because it's an axis you can vary the effect depending on circumstance.

DnBasshead007 likes this.
  28. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

Does it work by plugging direct into the PS4? I'd happily buy something if I knew it worked with my PS4 and Thrustmaster kit.

I've also heard the Fanatec shifter might work in analogue mode with the PS4 direct?

29. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

It only works if you plug it into a set of Fanatec Clubsport pedals Version 2 or 3. No idea about the shifter as I don't have one.

30. DnBasshead007

DnBasshead007

The clutch is a great idea! Going to try this later as I don't have the shifter yet and using a button has been dang near impossible for me so I have been limping around haripins.