CRAP DiRT Rally Club [PS4] Racenet League Events live

That's the way I have it set up at the moment and can't seem to be consistent with it. I was hoping to be able to use my TH8a shifter as a handbrake but it doesn't look like I can :grumpy:

@Eyeseeh50 I have my shifter straight into the PS4 and it works! Every time I start the game I do have to configure it, I think it's a bug. It does work really well!

It's not yet analogue on PS4 though. You're just using the TH8A as an expensive and very pretty on off switch. In the small amount of real rallying I've done the use of the handbrake requires a fine degree of control as it is often used to steer the car. I'm hoping a patch will be released to the game that will allow it to support the feature on the TH8A. On the PC version it can be used as a proper analogue handbrake by changing mode using the setup drivers. It should just need enabling in the game (and possibly on the PS4 drivers by Thrustmaster.

I've still not set up the wheel on game yet as I've been away. However on controller I've mapped the right stick left as handbrake and it allows it to be used as an analogue handbrake. It works pretty well. I'm still surprised no recent wheels have come out with some sort of analogue control. It would be great for a handbrake or changing view. It's one small area where a controller does actually have an advantage. It has 10 mappable analogue movements (not including motion control).

Apparently the Fanatec gear stick can be used "as is" in the game on PS4 as an analogue handbrake via USB so might be an option.

Last edited:
Just signed up, PSN handle is "pfei". Nice to hang around like-minded racers on GTPlanet. My virtual racing career began with just happening to be in Japan in December 1997 for the original GT launch. Obviously I brought a copy home with me. The rest, as they say, is history...

Hope we'll see some events with no restarts or retries as it really heaps on the pressure to drive fast, but cautiously. Anyway, it's not my league, but just my $0.02.

I was messing around with my own league creating events, and the system is really great, and flexible. I mean, you could literally set up a long, tough season by maxing everything out. All six locations, with marathons between service parks to make things really difficult.

Like:

Day1
  • Stage1 (medium/long)
  • Stage2 (medium/long)
  • Service
  • Stage3 (medium/long)
  • Stage4 (medium/long)
Day2
  • Stage5 (short)
  • Stage6 (short/medium))
  • Stage7 (short)
  • Service
  • Stage8 (short)
  • Stage9 (short/medium)
  • Stage10 (short)
Day3
  • Stage11 (medium/long)
  • Stage12 (short/medium)
I am really surprised at the flexibility that RaceNet gives us for leagues.

My stats so far, nothing to write home about lol! Less rolls and damage, and more progess is in order!

12994391_10209258989013025_7861064978399238184_n.jpg

12985485_10209259007253481_9025661576886461372_n.jpg

Attachments

• 12994391_10209258989013025_7861064978399238184_n.jpg
    12994391_10209258989013025_7861064978399238184_n.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 12985485_10209259007253481_9025661576886461372_n.jpg
    12985485_10209259007253481_9025661576886461372_n.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 12
It's arrived, the latest addition to my sim rig, a clubsport handbrake! I had the V1 clubsport pedals which do not support the handbrake so have also upgraded to the V3's. A really quick install too. Hopefully get a chance to try it out tonight. I know I sound like a big kid but I can't wait for the first stage start with it. Holding the lever of the handbrake rather than a button on the wheel is going to be so cool!

df94d401-0697-40d6-bc1d-71eb988a6a9d.jpg

I'm having an issue where I pressed a button to see the leaderboards which prompts me with the "there are no entries in this leaderboard" , I then press ok but it keep prompting me the same message and there is nothing I can do, it's stuck and I have to close the game to do anything. everytime I enter leagues the same thing happens :grumpy:

I'm having an issue where I pressed a button to see the leaderboards which prompts me with the "there are no entries in this leaderboard" , I then press ok but it keep prompting me the same message and there is nothing I can do, it's stuck and I have to close the game to do anything. everytime I enter leagues the same thing happens :grumpy:

I am having the same issue. One of those early bugs. Won't be clicking on that again until a patch is out.

Well after a little test this evening I have discovered that both the steering wheel and ds4 controller are recognised at the same time. My plan now is to make something to activate one of the sticks on the ds4 and set that as the handbrake.

Well after a little test this evening I have discovered that both the steering wheel and ds4 controller are recognised at the same time. My plan now is to make something to activate one of the sticks on the ds4 and set that as the handbrake.
I want to know how this goes, because I'll do this to if it works

If I don't do something similar in going to break one of my thumbs!!! :lol:

I tried it last night Iain after our Project Cars races. It works and it's better than using a button.

I found things a bit crap trying to use the handbrake on a button on the wheel. It's very difficult to find a button when you're spinning the wheel left and right.

I also tried using one of the flappy paddles (down shift) for the handbrake which are easier to reach than buttons.

The most effective was using the clutch on my T3PA pedals but that needs me to teach my feet to dance better. Quite difficult.

I'm going to try setting up the shifter as the handbrake. Do I need to set that up with the sequential plate or can I just rotate the h pattern one and plug in via USB?

I tried it last night Iain after our Project Cars races. It works and it's better than using a button.

I found things a bit crap trying to use the handbrake on a button on the wheel. It's very difficult to find a button when you're spinning the wheel left and right.

I also tried using one of the flappy paddles (down shift) for the handbrake which are easier to reach than buttons.

The most effective was using the clutch on my T3PA pedals but that needs me to teach my feet to dance better. Quite difficult.

I'm going to try setting up the shifter as the handbrake. Do I need to set that up with the sequential plate or can I just rotate the h pattern one and plug in via USB?
Yeah a button on the steering will is a nightmare. The new Fanatec Handbrake has worked a treat since I got it. Much more intuitive and because it's an axis you can vary the effect depending on circumstance.

Yeah a button on the steering will is a nightmare. The new Fanatec Handbrake has worked a treat since I got it. Much more intuitive and because it's an axis you can vary the effect depending on circumstance.

Does it work by plugging direct into the PS4? I'd happily buy something if I knew it worked with my PS4 and Thrustmaster kit.

I've also heard the Fanatec shifter might work in analogue mode with the PS4 direct?

Does it work by plugging direct into the PS4? I'd happily buy something if I knew it worked with my PS4 and Thrustmaster kit.

I've also heard the Fanatec shifter might work in analogue mode with the PS4 direct?
It only works if you plug it into a set of Fanatec Clubsport pedals Version 2 or 3. No idea about the shifter as I don't have one.

The clutch is a great idea! Going to try this later as I don't have the shifter yet and using a button has been dang near impossible for me so I have been limping around haripins.

Back