CRAP GT6 - GT500 Sat 7 Nov 9pm EST (GMT-5)Open 

BNGTracer
As far as 'incompatible host' I think this has to do with the host having a different network type than those who join the room.

I was host and my connection is cable, best domestic net around according to my ISP... which means bugger all!! It's high speed though :)

So I posted this in the online now thread by mistake. :ouch: (sorry Heathen)

So in between adding up pens, paintbrushes and cinema tickets, I've taken the opportunity to read up on some of the network issues I've been having over the last couple of days.

Most of the chat over several forums, this included in that ports must be forwarded in your router to achieve stable and regular connections to gt5 servers. This may be old news to you guys, but I'd completely forgotten about the concept since I last set-up a torrent machine.

The ps3 is now showing me faster up and down speeds, but this may just be my rather haphazard ISP. I'll give it a try tonight and see how stable my connection is. Also may have something to do with the invisible player thingy.

The only time I have seen this was also at Oaklands Park a while ago. IIRC there were four of us on track but I could only see two others. The player I couldn't see couldn't see me. The other two were all good.

tris_73
So I posted this in the online now thread by mistake. :ouch: (sorry Heathen)

All good mate :D

So I just posted a 2:13.676 at Spa in my 787B Stealth... not huge you say? correct... but it's far king huge for me as I did it with EVERY assist off :)

If I can get a 787B round that track in good time & no assists I can do it in anything!

*switches to tank car* :lol:

I forgot to turn on the remote server at home!!!! Noooooooo!!! I can't do b-spec races at work today, I might actually have to...... I can't say it.... work...

I posted a race in the events thread, see: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6166742#post6166742. Hopefully it'll work out, its 11pm my time (Atlantic) so it should be late enough for most of NA.

If you feel the need, feel free to comment, nothing is written in stone.

Make that a 2:08.381 around Spa in Stealth 787B no assists!!! I'm gobsmacked! CRAP has improved my driving no end :D

awesome time! congrats!

its really quite nice when good drivers talk to you instead of just call you a noob or kick you from the lobby. We have a good crew here

I always thought that track would be insanely fun with LMP class cars, but for some reason, haven't driven one on it yet... will have to do that next time I play.

JTpwnface
awesome time! congrats!

its really quite nice when good drivers talk to you instead of just call you a noob or kick you from the lobby. We have a good crew here

I always thought that track would be insanely fun with LMP class cars, but for some reason, haven't driven one on it yet... will have to do that next time I play.

I thought so to then TRIS comes along & blows it away :lol:

However I got it down to 2:07.xxx and I'm stoked. A few weeks ago I was convinced that I couldn't drive GT5 at all so I'm happy that a good lap, sans assists, was possible :)

Yep & we got a great crew bro :

I thought so to then TRIS comes along & blows it away :lol:

However I got it down to 2:07.xxx and I'm stoked. A few weeks ago I was convinced that I couldn't drive GT5 at all so I'm happy that a good lap, sans assists, was possible :)

Yep & we got a great crew bro :

Different car though. The 908 is a very similar spec to the Stealth 787, but I think it handles a lot better. A couple more tweaks for me and I will find that extra half a second to get under 2 minutes!!

Keep it up with all those assists turned off, and you'll be on Horizon's bumper before you know it. 👍

Hi, this is my first post, so wanted to introduce myself. This sounds like a great group as I am a casual racer myself. My PSN is magister__ludi - look forward to joining one of the events!

I'm on the Eastern time.

Hi, this is my first post, so wanted to introduce myself. This sounds like a great group as I am a casual racer myself. My PSN is magister__ludi - look forward to joining one of the events!

I'm on the Eastern time.

Visit us in our league thread, the link is in my signature. Have a read of Heathenpride's first post and then add the 5 accounts listed. Next time you're on the network check particularly the casual race account lounges and have fun.

And welcome to GTP. 👍

Sounds like a great club that I'd like to be a part of.

I'm East Coast US (-5 time I believe)

I usually race in the evening around 11pm-2am, with some earlier times depending on what my wife is doing.

I have a question. Let's say I join the Casual Race lounge, and no one is there. So I can host, then just post in the regular events https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=231184 thread of what I'm going to host?

I generally like to race 450pp up to 650pp with optional aids, and i'm down for however many laps. Just didn't know besides having aids on, if there was anything else?

Look forward to racing.

I forgot to turn on the remote server at home!!!! Noooooooo!!! I can't do b-spec races at work today, I might actually have to...... I can't say it.... work...

I posted a race in the events thread, see: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6166742#post6166742. Hopefully it'll work out, its 11pm my time (Atlantic) so it should be late enough for most of NA.

If you feel the need, feel free to comment, nothing is written in stone.

How do you set up a remote race for B-spec. That would be so cool! Sorry, I'm such a newbie!

Sounds like a great club that I'd like to be a part of.

I'm East Coast US (-5 time I believe)

I usually race in the evening around 11pm-2am, with some earlier times depending on what my wife is doing.

I have a question. Let's say I join the Casual Race lounge, and no one is there. So I can host, then just post in the regular events https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=231184 thread of what I'm going to host?

I generally like to race 450pp up to 650pp with optional aids, and i'm down for however many laps. Just didn't know besides having aids on, if there was anything else?

Look forward to racing.

Great, that's about what time I am on! (U.S. Central Time) Welcome aboard!

How do you set up a remote race for B-spec. That would be so cool! Sorry, I'm such a newbie!

in your GT life screen in game, go in Community, then just below the coffee cup, there's a remote race icon, go in that, there's another icon at the bottom that will Start a Remote Race Server. You can't do anything with the PS3 at this point, just turn off your controller and TV...
With that running, you can log onto www.gran-turismo.com with your PSN profile, and start a remote race. You get a live timming type view of the race, it lists the drivers/cars and updates lap times and position in real time as the race progresses.

Its a great way to play GT5 at work :)

For b-spec you can also use a yahoo widget.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185890

that you can setup automatic remote races. I usually do this when I get home from work, and at least try and get some credits/levels for drivers.

If anyone wants to friend request me, I always have the widget pick from all available drivers to race.

But you can't really "race from work" if your into that.

that you can setup automatic remote races. I usually do this when I get home from work, and at least try and get some credits/levels for drivers.

If anyone wants to friend request me, I always have the widget pick from all available drivers to race.

👍 thats how i made my millions and maxed out all my b-spec bob's

in your GT life screen in game, go in Community, then just below the coffee cup, there's a remote race icon, go in that, there's another icon at the bottom that will Start a Remote Race Server. You can't do anything with the PS3 at this point, just turn off your controller and TV...
With that running, you can log onto www.gran-turismo.com with your PSN profile, and start a remote race. You get a live timming type view of the race, it lists the drivers/cars and updates lap times and position in real time as the race progresses.

Its a great way to play GT5 at work :)

Thank you JTpwnface!!!

Thanks Infinital-NG!

Infinital-NG

Hey mate :)

Do you mean hosting your own lounge or hosting a CRAP lounge?

Your own lounge is ok but the dummy ones are preferred if possible, it will help get more people involved if the lounges are up & running & have active racers in them.

Infinital-NG

Well only the common sense stuff bro & policing that is fun. Anyone ramming or corner cutting gets booted if the refuse to stop. Feel free to email me mate gtpc.r.a.p@gmail.com

The big one is to have fun bro :D

Infinital-NG
Hosting a lounge under the crap names is what I meant, sorry.

So, weak penalties and light damage?

That is entirely up to you as host bro! All I ask is that newbies & inexperienced guys feel welcome :D If you're going to do radical stuff like heavy damage or tank cars at London (loads of fun!) etc I recommend getting everyone on board or keep it brief & change it up regularly so everyone is happy :)

I finally found this thread again :) I saw it on my phone a week ago, and have been looking for it on my computer almost every day. If there is room for 1 more, I´d love to join you. Finding good rooms are hard in GT5... I always end up in a free run instead. With a girlfriend and a 2 year old son I don´t have time to be on as often as i want to, so I am an average driver/racer that uses mostly low PP cars that is possible to handle. If any of you want to add me, would be great. I think the time zone in Norway is GMT +1 now, and I play mostly after 20:30 when my gf is working (2 days on - 2 days off)

I finally found this thread again :) I saw it on my phone a week ago, and have been looking for it on my computer almost every day. If there is room for 1 more, I´d love to join you. Finding good rooms are hard in GT5... I always end up in a free run instead. With a girlfriend and a 2 year old son I don´t have time to be on as often as i want to, so I am an average driver/racer that uses mostly low PP cars that is possible to handle. If any of you want to add me, would be great. I think the time zone in Norway is GMT +1 now, and I play mostly after 20:30 when my gf is working (2 days on - 2 days off)

Great to have you on board northern brother!!

We have a couple Scandinavians floating around but no Norwegians yet!

If you are a fan of Norwegian black metal let me know... long shot but ya never know :)

20 hours into 24h lm b spec, using the x1 and the car needs an oil change :/

That car is the best for bspeccing!!

Speaking of bspec drivers... a guy on my friends list has SEVEN drivers, anyone know why? I raced all 7 yesterday and I am not losing my mind, there was DEFINATELY 7 drivers :boggled:

That car is the best for bspeccing!!

Speaking of bspec drivers... a guy on my friends list has SEVEN drivers, anyone know why? I raced all 7 yesterday and I am not losing my mind, there was DEFINATELY 7 drivers :boggled:

$$$. i guess i need to take my guys offline since i dont need to run them anymore.
use the widget, do nothing else, make money across 7 drivers (you host the widget on another account with 1 driver, running the other 7 on your main account, plus another buddies drivers to max out the races). run Sarthe all day as it has the best payouts. go read the widget thread, it'll tell you all about it.

$$$. i guess i need to take my guys offline since i dont need to run them anymore.
use the widget, do nothing else, make money across 7 drivers (you host the widget on another account with 1 driver, running the other 7 on your main account, plus another buddies drivers to max out the races). run Sarthe all day as it has the best payouts. go read the widget thread, it'll tell you all about it.

I thought could only have 6 B-Spec drivers? I am running remote races and everyone has up to 6 but this one guys has 7.

Back