CRAP GT6 - GT500 Sat 7 Nov 9pm EST (GMT-5)Open 

I think the stealth model has a bit more hp, and is cool looking.

But some of the stealth models were only available if you bought the game from a particular store or lived in a specific country or something.

Only stealth car I have is the GT-500 NSX that we got for buying the whole DLC pack.

you need to look at the news section of gtplanet and find the article where they gave the code to get the R35 GT500 Stealth for free. Thats how i got it and used it in the first enduro.

I'll give this CRAP a go but doubt if I'll have the time for enduros.

That is no problem at all. Usually have races of various lappage going on, you will find something and if you do not then you start something!

Just make sure you read the OP's on the threads :)

Make sure you join my new group too :)

Heathenpride
That is no problem at all. Usually have races of various lappage going on, you will find something and if you do not then you start something!

Read before I posted, will do tomorrow due to being away from home working as usual lol.

FR sent 11-11-11

Last edited:
Read before I posted, will do tomorrow due to being away from home working as usual lol.

Mate if you are actually reading the OP's then you're in without a second thought!

Far too many people these days read the last post and treat that as the OP... Thankfully I do not think we have any of those do-sh-bags in C.R.A.P but we don't want to start now!

Cheers again 👍

Did you mention to everyone that you started this Group? I see that you are the only member. I didn't see any mention of it in the OP.

Did you mention to everyone that you started this Group? I see that you are the only member. I didn't see any mention of it in the OP.

The OP will be updated asap... I was politely asked by a Super Mod (sounds like a level boss in a FPS :lol: ) to:

"please create a group instead of cluttering up the forums with your crap".

I was uncertain whether it was a play on words or a stern warning :boggled:

The OP will be updated asap... I was politely asked by a Super Mod (sounds like a level boss in a FPS :lol: ) to:

"please create a group instead of cluttering up the forums with your crap".

I was uncertain whether it was a play on words or a stern warning :boggled:

Both. There was a bit of consternation about us here

Maybe we should get a facebook page that way people can post about upcoming races and then others can comment on that post without having to scroll through numerous pages on GTPlanet, and by commenting on people's post it will be easy to know who's going to be online.
Also notes can be made with the op info and we can share our photos :embarrassed:

Just a suggestion though

It would appear there are a few people who seem to be a bit unhappy with our threads. I say harden up. If they don't like them, then don't read them and stop whinging!

Both. There was a bit of consternation about us here

And Jordan said:

"There is no issue with multiple, legitimate threads for a club or race series. There is an issue if those other threads are just promoting a club or series in another forum around the site, which is what you've done here".

That is all I need.

Regarding the extra threads I say this in response:

1- Not once has anyone approached me and said "you have too many threads" until today and that was only prompted because of that thread. If all those people had an issue with it then why not come and provide positive constructive feedback to a new site member instead of dropping it on the mods in another thread when I am not there to have my say.

2- Where else was I supposed to post? Should I have stuffed it all in one thread? Did I know I could open a group and do it that way? No I did not; I found out today and I then immediately opened a group.

3- The bottom line is that the mods would have had their eyes on us and we have not heard boo from them until today when a couple of people mentioned us so to be honest I think we are doing everything right so far...

Having said that I will be more mindful of excess threads and ensure that it does not get out of hand.

Still, it is annoying that no one has come to me before today :irked:

Hello, clearly I am new here and my friend and I (PSN: aaronbrownlow and aaron_brownlow)are interested in joining something like this, but are unsure what the go is with these rooms/clubs. We recently bought a g27 with cockpit and g25 set up on a table and, come school holidays, will be super keen to get into it. Thankyou for your help.

This kefuffle about multiple threads is why I mentioned early on how important it is to set up the main thread so that you have the flexibity to adapt and update all from one place. Hopping from thread to thread is time consuming and unnecessary. On one hand it seems silly on the part of the mods, but on the other hand, if they weren't doing it, you know what the irresponsible members would be doing. There would be dozens of repetitive, duplicated and nonsense posts dominating all the forums and in all the wrong forums to boot. Imagine the mentality of people that populate Open Lobbies and then apply that to a free for all here, and it'll make sense.

The solution is to set up one main thread, with several reserved posts as in 1-5, that serve as the central source for all the info. Post one is the OP. Post 2 is the next scheduled enduro. Post 3 is reserved for regularly scheduled events...etc. etc. Changing those reserved posts has never been an issue, it's standard practice for all leagues. They all update for standings, race results, upcoming events, schedule changes etc.

If you want to start over and give some thought to how to set this up before hand, I'm sure you can ask a mod to close any existing threads so you can direct things to one, new main thread. In that thread you can provide a link to the old thread so anyone can access it down the road if they like. Chances are though, you set up the new one correctly and in a week or two, everyone will have forgotten the old thread in place of the shiny new one.

Johnnypenso
This kefuffle about multiple threads is why I mentioned early on how important it is to set up the main thread so that you have the flexibity to adapt and update all from one place. Hopping from thread to thread is time consuming and unnecessary. On one hand it seems silly on the part of the mods, but on the other hand, if they weren't doing it, you know what the irresponsible members would be doing. There would be dozens of repetitive, duplicated and nonsense posts dominating all the forums and in all the wrong forums to boot. Imagine the mentality of people that populate Open Lobbies and then apply that to a free for all here, and it'll make sense.

The solution is to set up one main thread, with several reserved posts as in 1-5, that serve as the central source for all the info. Post one is the OP. Post 2 is the next scheduled enduro. Post 3 is reserved for regularly scheduled events...etc. etc. Changing those reserved posts has never been an issue, it's standard practice for all leagues. They all update for standings, race results, upcoming events, schedule changes etc.

If you want to start over and give some thought to how to set this up before hand, I'm sure you can ask a mod to close any existing threads so you can direct things to one, new main thread. In that thread you can provide a link to the old thread so anyone can access it down the road if they like. Chances are though, you set up the new one correctly and in a week or two, everyone will have forgotten the old thread in place of the shiny new one.

Will be sorting it Johnny have no fear!

On an unrelated topic I am at a car show at my cricket club! I'll take pics & put in photo thread soon :)

Hi all dont wont to waste a new thread on the Q & A forum so will ask you all, as there is a lot of talk about the stealth 787B, what are the differance's that the stealth versions bring? why are they so good?
...plus it's probably a good bit lighter (and as has been said, look waaaay cooler)

Good racing today btw - appreciated it, especially the different ideas.

If you guys don't mind a little friendly advice I'd like to offer some, as an experienced league director I've learned a few things that could help prevent these "kerfuffles" in the future. Heathen, I know you quoted Jordan's comment but you were also given a direct request from a Mod, since Mod's speak directly for Jordan it's probably best to heed their warning. I'm not trying to dig on you, but you want to do everything you can to stay on the Admin Team's good side.

Basically everything Johnnypenso said is the way to go but I can provide you a few examples, these are things that will make it easier for the CRAP directors as well as the members. First, take a look at my Capp Cup thread. You'll notice at the very top I have a list of "navigation tools", these are links that take you to the respective post inside the thread, like the Schedule, Results, etc. That way members can just click on the part of the thread they want to go to instead of having to scroll through the whole page, scanning for the desired info. To make this work I had to "reserve" the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. post spots as soon as I created the thread, basically I just replied to the thread with "reserved 1", "reserved 2", etc. until I had all the spots I needed (obviously had to plan this ahead of time). Then when you have the info ready you can just click "edit" on that post and add the new info. So your second post could be News, third post could be Enduro Info, etc.

Now obviously it's too late to do that with this thread, but there's still an option. Since you've create a social group you can make threads in that social group and then provide a link to them in your OP. You need to make sure your group is open to everybody and not just members, that way casual browsers can click the links and see what's going on. So my suggestion would be to modify your OP to include links to threads in your social group; you could have a thread for each of your lounges so people could post to them when they will be in that room and can organize spot races that way too. Also have a link for CRAP News and CRAP Enduro's where you can host all the info relevant to those topics. The benefit to this is that you still have your main thread out in the public so everyone can see it and you can attract members, but it keeps the nitty-gritty details from cluttering up the Clubs sub-forum (which both the Admin's and other GTP members will appreciate).

Here are some examples using dummy links that go to random threads in my social group:

CRAP Enduro News

CRAP Practice Lounge

CRAP Spot Races

To be clear, I'm in no way trying to tell you how to run you're group, simply trying to share some tips that I've learned as a host/director. You've obviously ruffled some feathers around here and that's not the best way to start off. The Mod's do a fantastic job with this forum and if you're going to be a regular thread starter it's best to stay on their good side as much as possible. But trust me, even though some criticize the Mod's, what they do here is very important and directly responsible for the success of this great forum/community. To compare, just look at any other forum that has little to no moderation, chaos rules and nothing gets done. Their dedication should be commended and appreciated and I personally do everything I can to make sure they don't have to worry about my threads or members.

Feel free to take or leave any of the above info, or ask questions if you have any. Again, I'm not trying to criticize or complain, simply offering some friendly advice. I think your private lounge system is a good idea and could have some big benefits if organized and managed properly, but none of it will work if you're on the mods/members bad side.

Good luck and :cheers:

StigsHero
If you guys don't mind a little friendly advice I'd like to offer some, as an experienced league director I've learned a few things that could help prevent these "kerfuffles" in the future. Heathen, I know you quoted Jordan's comment but you were also given a direct request from a Mod, since Mod's speak directly for Jordan it's probably best to heed their warning. I'm not trying to dig on you, but you want to do everything you can to stay on the Admin Team's good side.

Basically everything Johnnypenso said is the way to go but I can provide you a few examples, these are things that will make it easier for the CRAP directors as well as the members. First, take a look at my Capp Cup thread. You'll notice at the very top I have a list of "navigation tools", these are links that take you to the respective post inside the thread, like the Schedule, Results, etc. That way members can just click on the part of the thread they want to go to instead of having to scroll through the whole page, scanning for the desired info. To make this work I had to "reserve" the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. post spots as soon as I created the thread, basically I just replied to the thread with "reserved 1", "reserved 2", etc. until I had all the spots I needed (obviously had to plan this ahead of time). Then when you have the info ready you can just click "edit" on that post and add the new info. So your second post could be News, third post could be Enduro Info, etc.

Now obviously it's too late to do that with this thread, but there's still an option. Since you've create a social group you can make threads in that social group and then provide a link to them in your OP. You need to make sure your group is open to everybody and not just members, that way casual browsers can click the links and see what's going on. So my suggestion would be to modify your OP to include links to threads in your social group; you could have a thread for each of your lounges so people could post to them when they will be in that room and can organize spot races that way too. Also have a link for CRAP News and CRAP Enduro's where you can host all the info relevant to those topics. The benefit to this is that you still have your main thread out in the public so everyone can see it and you can attract members, but it keeps the nitty-gritty details from cluttering up the Clubs sub-forum (which both the Admin's and other GTP members will appreciate).

Here are some examples using dummy links that go to random threads in my social group:

CRAP Enduro News

CRAP Practice Lounge

CRAP Spot Races

To be clear, I'm in no way trying to tell you how to run you're group, simply trying to share some tips that I've learned as a host/director. You've obviously ruffled some feathers around here and that's not the best way to start off. The Mod's do a fantastic job with this forum and if you're going to be a regular thread starter it's best to stay on their good side as much as possible. But trust me, even though some criticize the Mod's, what they do here is very important and directly responsible for the success of this great forum/community. To compare, just look at any other forum that has little to no moderation, chaos rules and nothing gets done. Their dedication should be commended and appreciated and I personally do everything I can to make sure they don't have to worry about my threads or members.

Feel free to take or leave any of the above info, or ask questions if you have any. Again, I'm not trying to criticize or complain, simply offering some friendly advice. I think your private lounge system is a good idea and could have some big benefits if organized and managed properly, but none of it will work if you're on the mods/members bad side.

Good luck and :cheers:

Hey bro

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts & thanks to you too Johnny, I do appreciate it :)

I should say that my quote of Jordan was not intended to undermine any mods or ruffle feathers. I was trying to point out that J had spoken on the topic & took his words to mean we had done nothing wrong.

I have epic respect for the mods & Jordan for the work they do & I would be genuinely upset if anything I said or wrote suggested otherwise, I really would.

I have at any rate given my personal guarantee that we would not clog the forum any more so as long as we stick by that there won't be a problem.

Geez, all this & I figured maybe 10 people might be keen for casual racing yet here I am mere weeks later having to create a group to stem the flow of threads, whoda thunk it!

...plus it's probably a good bit lighter (and as has been said, look waaaay cooler)

Good racing today btw - appreciated it, especially the different ideas.

Yeah was good racing seeing as it was just 2 cars battling, very close espacially the Camaro'69's at Luguna, do love that car!👍

I just watched the video of that, but no I don't.

I think you can FR the guy who did it and he has it for d/l.

In the OP he says no more FRs. :( Maybe Heathenpride is working on a jump. I know he has something up his sleeve. lol

In the OP he says no more FRs. :( Maybe Heathenpride is working on a jump. I know he has something up his sleeve. lol

We will have the track by tonight :)

Also.... I WON THIS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that really worth a double-post? The mod's (and members) hate that.

Are you not aware that you can edit posts after you post them?

Is that really worth a double-post? The mod's (and members) hate that.

Are you not aware that you can edit posts after you post them?

Of course I know that dude... That WAS an edit. I have no idea what happened there but I edited my original post??

Back