Finished CRAP pCARS Formula C/Dallara DW12 Indycar Series - Friday 17th June 2016

Discussion in 'PCARS Racing Series' started by Danrc2010, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Danrc2010

Danrc2010

Hi guys

This is the thread for the CRAP Indycar two car series. Myself (Danrc2010) and Acekiler15 have put this together for a regular, competitive and most importantly FUN racing to run each week.

Add Danrc2010 and Acekiller15 if you already haven't!

Car - Formula C and Dallara DW12 Indycar

This series is open to anyone affiliated to CRAP, this is because we have incredibly close clean racing which is key when running a series, if you don't know about CRAP please visit the link below!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-pitstop-series-mon-23-nov-8-30pm-gmt.327783/

The main reason for setting up this series is to have fun with a little bit of friendly competition which is why we are including a points system. The series consists of 7 races which will be listed below and the weather will be announced the week before.

Reset to track is not allowed.

Formula C

10 minute Qualifying
    15 minute Race

Dallara DW12 Indycar

10 minute Qualifying
    5 minute warm up
    30 minute race

Formation lap will start the race. See below for details!

Tuning allowed with forced pit stop.

Damage - Perfomance Impacting
    Penalties - On
    Mechanical failures - Off
    Tyre wear - Real
    Fuel usage - Real
    Weather - Set on the current conditions

Track limits are set by Project cars to keep it fair for everyone but any major corner cutting will impact on your series points.

Room set to private, if you want to invite someone who doesn't normally race with us let me or Acekiler15 know.

Formation Lap details

On the green light it is up to pole position to lead the pack at a pace of around 100 mph/160 kph. Pole position can decide when to accelerate to start the race around the last corner, although you cannot overtake before the start line.

Tracks

1st - 16
    2nd - 15
    3rd - 14
    4th - 13
    5th - 12
    6th - 11
    7th - 10
    8th - 9
    9th - 8
    10th - 7
    11th - 6
    12th - 5
    13th - 4
    14th - 3
    15th - 2
    16th - 1

The driver with the fastest lap in the feature race will receive 2 bonus points.

Lowest weekend and 1 single lowest result will be deducted at the end of the season. Allowing for 1 weekend away and a 'problem race'.

Assists

Traction control - No
    Stability control - No
    ABS - Yes

Driver list

@Danrc2010
    @ty2 (Acekiller15)
    @Football67611
    @HammyMansell
    @Bjorn Lucas (allstyles)
    @DropBuckets (xl_Sadshooterx)
    @RHINO2K (gr4demon)
    @weisda3
    @Branden Elmes
    @alegunner68
    @Bonio71
    @DIOGOPINTO121
    @Spooky Wooky
    @Paulo Lima
    @jake2013guy
    @knukken

Weather

Formula C will always be medium cloud

Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya

Starting light rain quickly changing to dry.

Reserve

@JohnScoonsBeard

Championship

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    knukken, Paulo Lima, RHINO2K and 13 others like this.
  2. Spooky Wooky

Spooky Wooky (Banned)

This looks (almost) perfect! Count me in although I might not be able to join any races until the end of December.

Love the idea of a sprint race and a longer race.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  3. Football67611

Football67611

I am in! :gtpflag:

4. Danrc2010

Danrc2010

Nice one mate! One thing i forgot, we are going to deduct the 2 lowest race results at the end so it doesn't matter if you miss a couple. Glad you're in though mate!

Niceeee, never doubted it for a second!

ty2 and JohnScoonsBeard like this.
  5. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

Laggymansell is in Dan!! :p

6. Danrc2010

Danrc2010

Haha good man! I expect you to be keeping that router cool!

7. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

You bet mate.....The hamster will be coked up to the eyeballs too!! :p Just got a new high speed ethernet cable.....Fingers crossed no more problems............

8. Bjorn Lucas

Bjorn Lucas

9. Danrc2010

Danrc2010

That's what i like to see!

Bjorn Lucas likes this.
  10. Eyeseeh50

Eyeseeh50

Sign me up please. My sort of idea!

11. Danrc2010

Danrc2010

Nice one mate, you're in!

JohnScoonsBeard likes this.
  12. diesel97

diesel97

I see your running Saturday but what date will it start ?

13. DropBuckets

DropBuckets

Yes please, I'm in the GP2 style event will be interesting ;)

I voted 7pm GMT so theres time for other events after.

JohnScoonsBeard and HammyMansell like this.
  14. Danrc2010

Danrc2010

I imagine it will start on 5th December to give people chance to enter it!

JohnScoonsBeard and diesel97 like this.
  15. Danrc2010

Danrc2010

Oh yeah which one is this? I haven't heard about it!

DropBuckets and JohnScoonsBeard like this.
  16. Bjorn Lucas

Bjorn Lucas

i think he just means it wont take all evening, so we can also do more racing than only this championship ;)

17. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

Dan and Ace

A huge thank you to Dan @Danrc2010 and Ace @ty2 for the great work they've done in setting this series up.

Further to their announcement here are some details regarding Race Control.

Pray silence for the re-introduction to someone who has "helped" with CRAP events in it's GT5 past. Say hello to the ever glamorous Esmie The Official CRAP pCARS Grid Witch

PSN: ESMIE_GRID_WITCH

[​IMG]

"Hahahahaaaaa.....

Tail of shrew and eye of newt
    Naughty CRAPpers may find me cute
    But if my evil eye spots misdemeanors
    I'll take your driving to the cleaners

Yes you stinking CRAPPERS I have returned once again to terrify you. I will make you suffer, the fetid lot of you. Hahahahahaaaaa!

For certain UNMENTIONABLE favours I have been asked to perform a number of race day responsibilities.

1 Evil Track Selection
    I shall be allowing the name of the dastardly location for each race day to slither out just a little before the slimy pit of a lobby is opened. Not even those pimply youths Dan or Ace (everyone's a pimply youth compared to me) will know which of the 12 locations you'll be travelling to.

2 Evil Weather Forecast
    My incantations shall play havoc with the local weather systems. It will make the weather forecast impossible to know until shortly before the race. Weather will consist of two slots with weather progression on x2. Prepare for the most intense clear to light cloudy spells in the history of the planet. Behave or I may even make it FULLY overcast. Haaaahahahahaaaaa!

3 Evil Grid Randomization Spells
    Each race day my spooky brand of autosport spells will mix up the grid for the initial sprint race.

4 Evil Race Control
    Ocassionally I may keep an eye on you snivelling, twitching youtubers' driving standards. Be good or suffer the Evil Eye of Esmie*

5 Evil Safety Car
    If the room has space and all my screeching cats are fed and tucked up in their baskets then I will mount my Mercedes SLS Safety Broom and start the main race at the rear of the grid and then remain/retire in the pits. This will allow me to set a slow first lap thereby giving plenty of time at the end of the race for you miserable CRAPpier drivers to crawl over the line.

See yous all later! Hahahaha!"

* Evil Eye of Esmie available as separate download from the PSN store. Original CRAP pCARS Club membership card required.

18. Bjorn Lucas

Bjorn Lucas

19. azidahaka

azidahaka

Evil is attractive

20. ty2

ty2

Well spose i should say hello people. Its acekiller15 here. As most of you know

Anyways, cant wait to.get some good racing going..

Id like to stress that this is more a fun series than a competitive one. So dont take it too seriously because the game isnt ready for it.

21. Danrc2010

Danrc2010

This is incredible. I'm scared!

22. lancashire lad

lancashire lad

I like the sound of this but probably wouldn't be able to make all the races and definitely not 5th December as I'm at a star wars convention until very late. Would it be possible to put me down though? I'll try and make as many as possible.
    If I'm taking someone else's place later who can make all the races I'll gladly give up my position. I don't work weekend's but have a social/family life that interrupts my racing time. :)

23. Eyeseeh50

Eyeseeh50

If we get full grids for the races I think a decision needs to be made about the chat situation. It's no fun being in a room when some of the members are chatting in a party which is full. We either need to always use the in game chat no matter how bad it is or if the grid is bigger than 8 have 2 nominated members who open 2 chat parties during the races for all competitors to join

Just a thought.

24. Danrc2010

Danrc2010

Yeah no problem mate! It would be good if you can make it!

25. Danrc2010

Danrc2010

I agree to a certain extent but i think we need to make sure everyone who uses a mic is involved. I think it's better to be all together but the in game chat is useless whilst driving. We can always assess it on the first race and see how many people are on the mic but yeah that is a good point

26. Eyeseeh50

Eyeseeh50

Can't wait to see the new film!

27. RHINO2K

RHINO2K

Count me in

28. Branden Elmes

Branden Elmes

Hey guys, whos the pretty lady? Sign me up! @ty2 and @Danrc2010 lets get jiggy wit dis! :cheers:

29. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

It can still do the job though even though it's sometimes distorted. In game volume issues are better now. I think for this you need to all use in game. If it's not loud enough then engine sounds can be lowered in game from the options within the lobby menu before the race starts. Even people without a Mic benefit from hearing the chat.

Eyeseeh50 and Branden Elmes like this.
  30. ty2

ty2

Brando and gr4demon your both in. Good to have you guys on board. :)