CRAP pCARS v NXT GEN. Monthly race seriesOpen 

• Thread starter ty2
  • 252 comments
Great result CRAPpers, we trounced them!!!!

Qualy results, and i surprised myself lol!! So close again between us all, but we won the qualifying on average:

Qualy.jpg

Well done @DIOGOPINTO121 !! Excellent drive to win! And well done also to @ty2 @RHINO2K @Danrc2010 @weisda3 @Mrlaney32 and @Bjorn Lucas for a great team effort, really sorry for you styles that you got disconnected, bloody PSN!

Race.jpg

CRAP: 73 pts

NXTGEN: 63 pts

VERY WELL DONE GUYS, 1-1 now!!

This coming week we can think about what our next combo will be, and i'll also arrange the next qualy, sadly @Mrlaney32 ham_ilton and @Bjorn Lucas , as you were the 2 lowest finishers, you are eliminated from automatic qualification for the next race, but you can still qualify of you want to!

Ok CRAPpers, it's been decided that the next car/track combo is for both the qualifying event and race against NXTGEN:

THE CATERHAM SUPERLIGHT R500 at Oulton Park Fosters!

0013.png

Conditions for the qualifying event and race:

Setup: Stock
Aids: ABS allowed
Weather: Medium Cloud
In game date: 10th May 2015
Qualifying: 15 minutes
Race Laps: 29
Pitstops: Not compulsary, but can be done if the tyres are suffering.

DEADLINE TO QUALIFY WILL BE WEDNESDAY THE 16TH OF MARCH 2016!

ALL CRAPpers are welcome to try to qualify for the event, the best way would be in Time Trial mode, as that way the conditions are the same for everyone! I want as much participation as possible, so please have a go!!

PLEASE, IN ORDER FOR YOUR TIME TO STAND, POST A PHOTO OF IT FROM THE IN GAME TIMING SCREEN HERE, THANK YOU!

RACE TO TAKE PLACE ON SATURDAY THE 19TH OF MARCH 2016 AT 9:30PM GMT

Drivers confirmed from finishing positions from our victory last time out:

@HammyMansell
@DIOGOPINTO121
@ty2 PSN: acekiller15
@Danrc2010
@RHINO2K PSN: gr4demon
@weisda3

Reserves:

@Bjorn Lucas PSN:allstyles

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!

Qualy times so far:

@Spooky Wooky 1:01:398
@Carnby7 1:01:438
@DropBuckets PSN: xI_SaDShooTeRx 1:01:797
@Nick 4 P1 PSN Nicky_B_mc 1:01:889
@Football67611 1:02:063
@admoo 1:02:803
@Bonio71 1:02:965
@JohnScoonsBeard 1:03:109
Weslev007 1:04:040

Last edited:
20160308212010_1.jpg
Well it's not the best of laps it's pretty decent.
I'd like to be able to push 1:00 if I can. I would of gotten a 1:01 if I didn't goof up to much. I'll be updating it soon with a better run tomorrow.

Note: This thing is VERY touchy, very tail happy, prone to under-steering easily and very easy to lock up. Just letting others know before attempting this tough challenge.

View attachment 523574 Well it's not the best of laps it's pretty decent.
I'd like to be able to push 1:00 if I can. I would of gotten a 1:01 if I didn't goof up to much. I'll be updating it soon with a better run tomorrow.

Note: This thing is VERY touchy, very tail happy, prone to under-steering easily and very easy to lock up. Just letting others know before attempting this tough challenge.

Good lap @Carnby7 and sure you can try as much as you like! Send me a friend invite too on PSN please! Thanks! ;)

Did a 102:257 as my best attempt just now and think I could probably shave another half a second off that. (will post proof when I find my USB stick)

1:02:014 - I find all the time is made/lost in the last sector, specially the last corner. On my 2nd fastest lap I was up 0:395 at T2 line, so there's still time to be made.

1:01:740 - my final offering. (almost exactly half a second quicker than the 1:02:257 I said I could knock half a second off *smug face*)

Last edited:
The Hamster was feeling restless this morning due to his weeks sabbatical from racing, so i let him out of his cage, and he surprised himself....

12804624_10208887882135585_118742927011962714_n.jpg

I bet it's not as smug a face as my hamster got right now Spooky! :D I reckon another 5/6 tenths are there, a 00:9.........

Put a pic up when you can!

For now that's the best I've done. In theory I can do a 1:02.5 but not happening today.

1:03.109
I was half a second up on that but was so determined not to blow the last corner I practically stopped on it. Pressure :scared:
10603958_840022486120225_3085226863619795772_o.jpg

Want a tip to making you faster with the car? Try to balance her as MUCH as you can. And challenge yourself without the ABS on. It's more rewarding and does take some time to get used to.

Like I said, I KNOW I can get to the 1:01 barrier if I don't mess up. The key to this car is to keep it not only balanced but as straight as possible. Also try this on for size, put a tad bit of gas on while braking and downshifting. I found out it keeps the back end stable going on hard braking. (The reason for doing this is because this car is super LIGHT! You're going to have to treat the car as if it's a semi-race car to compensate for the lazy tires. Plus it keeps the back end balanced while moving as such speed.
This car was mainly built to be loose all the time, so making it go faster is not it's strong suit. You got to force it to go faster by saying "Hey! Stop shaking your butt and keep your eyes forward we got a laptime to catch!")

Hope this gives you an idea how to improve and better your time on the track.

Want a tip to making you faster with the car? Try to balance her as MUCH as you can. And challenge yourself without the ABS on. It's more rewarding and does take some time to get used to.

Like I said, I KNOW I can get to the 1:01 barrier if I don't mess up. The key to this car is to keep it not only balanced but as straight as possible. Also try this on for size, put a tad bit of gas on while braking and downshifting. I found out it keeps the back end stable going on hard braking. (The reason for doing this is because this car is super LIGHT! You're going to have to treat the car as if it's a semi-race car to compensate for the lazy tires. Plus it keeps the back end balanced while moving as such speed.
This car was mainly built to be loose all the time, so making it go faster is not it's strong suit. You got to force it to go faster by saying "Hey! Stop shaking your butt and keep your eyes forward we got a laptime to catch!")

Hope this gives you an idea how to improve and better your time on the track.

Thanks man, pretty much the driving technique i used earlier, and no ABS for me as always.

Back