CRAP pCARS v NXT GEN. Monthly race seriesOpen 

• Thread starter ty2
  • 252 comments
20160310104549_1.jpg

It's not bad but I can be better.

I need to figure out the last turn because I think everyone has figured out for this car that it tends to lock-up BIG time right there. And the throttle blimping is tricky there so I don't think that's going to work.

We might have to try trail-braking. Basically brake very early with little braking power then full (Not to the point of lock-up) and then cruise it around the turn the best as you can get her. That's the only strategy I think we can tackle that turn. Otherwise the rest isn't to bad except for that high speed left corner, screw that corner with these tires. LOL

Balance is needed for that turn and the same for the last turn. Otherwise you can get a full 1:00 no issue here with no ABS. Also just found out, screw ABS you still lock-up. I think the car doesn't come equipped with them anyways, so it's the computer in the game that's doing the anti-lock for you anyways. Just learn the locking points and you're good.

Can we make sure everyone is doing the qually for the next race in TIME TRIAL mode only please. As there is a bit of difference between tt mode and practice mode. Mainly the car understeering in tt mode. But at least its fair.

I could only do a 1.02 in tt mode but a 1.01.0 in practice.

Over heats front left in tt mode.
Over heats rear left in practice

ty2
Can we make sure everyone is doing the qually for the next race in TIME TRIAL mode only please. As there is a bit of difference between tt mode and practice mode. Mainly the car understeering in tt mode. But at least its fair.

I could only do a 1.02 in tt mode but a 1.01.0 in practice.

Over heats front left in tt mode.
Over heats rear left in practice

What Ace said.

Time Trial mode should be the only way. Almost everyone ever registered in CRAP is on my friend list. Only a handful have done a lap in a road car on this course. We can use the friends lap times option in time trial Leaderboards. When I looked in the time trials yesterday only Ace and I had done a lap in the Caterham. Hammy had a lap in a faster Road car. That was yesterday though. Will have another look later.

What Ace said.

Time Trial mode should be the only way. Almost everyone ever registered in CRAP is on my friend list. Only a handful have done a lap in a road car on this course. We can use the friends lap times option in time trial Leaderboards. When I looked in the time trials yesterday only Ace and I had done a lap in the Caterham. Hammy had a lap in a faster Road car. That was yesterday though. Will have another look later.

So to keep things simple we can look at the tt results table and pick highest 2 for the race.

Is that what we are sayin? Or i misunderstood?

What Ace said.

Yes JSB, That time The Hamster did today should be regestered on the TT screen now, so something to aim at if you all use my ghost to help you.

ty2
So to keep things simple we can look at the tt results table and pick highest 2 for the race.

Is that what we are sayin? Or i misunderstood?

To qualify officially ace, people have to put up a screenshot here in the thread for it to be counted, that way we have everything registered in one place too. :)

To qualify officially ace, people have to put up a screenshot here in the thread for it to be counted, that way we have everything registered in one place too. :)

You should accept the time trial recorded time too though if people forget (me) as that uses the same system. ;)

Hammy your lap won't be a ghost as they only record the top 30 ghosts to drive against. If a quick person could please record themselves doing a lap with telemetry showing I'd really appreciate it as I'm at a loss as to where I'm missing time, other than the last corner. Much appreciated guys. I'm pretty sure I had no aids on as I had realistic aids allowed which means no aids in this case.

I did in TT mode but have a faster car/time in the Atom down as my time so it won't show up.

Yes Football, i've noticed that in races as well with the fastest lap on the top right (on my HUD setup lol), that in each class at each track, the fastest lap you do in that class is recorded only, not each car in that class, another thing that should have been fixed, a bit like not being able to adjust setup in TT mode in the pitlane either......:banghead:

And yes @ty2 ace, as Football said, it's not showing as i think my fastest lap in that Road class is in the Ariel Atom, stupid really, all fastest laps show be shown, not just your fastest class lap outright...... :(

Thanks very much @HammyMansell :)

I think it's a beatable time, but if I do manage to qualify, my place can go to the next fastest. I feel there are better "racers" than me in the group and i want CRAP to have the strongest team. :cheers:

O.O ..................................... I can't even................

I have no idea how I pulled that but it's there. I THINK I found the answer to this car, but I'm gonna let you guys figure it out. Right now I'm going to really see if 1:00 is very possible stock. And if it is, I'll post the image otherwise this might be my last run.
20160310210513_1.jpg

Good luck boys.... you're going to need it over what I just pulled......

Thanks very much @HammyMansell :)

I think it's a beatable time, but if I do manage to qualify, my place can go to the next fastest. I feel there are better "racers" than me in the group and i want CRAP to have the strongest team. :cheers:

Ok @Spooky Wooky , but still a great effort!!

O.O ..................................... I can't even................

I have no idea how I pulled that but it's there. I THINK I found the answer to this car, but I'm gonna let you guys figure it out. Right now I'm going to really see if 1:00 is very possible stock. And if it is, I'll post the image otherwise this might be my last run.
View attachment 524204
Good luck boys.... you're going to need it over what I just pulled......

Super job @Carnby7 , and tell us how you did it to help the other CRAPpers please, that's how we roll here! ;)

@JohnScoonsBeard i just did this hot lap with telemetry as you requested, another 1:01.5 from me, the best i can do i think with no ABS, maybe if i try with it on a 1:01.1 is possible.

I hope the video helps you all! 👍

image.jpeg I'm way off the pace twitchy car just abs right? Pulls either was when I'm pushing it out of corners

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Wow!!! This getting competitive, and we're all in the same team!! :lol:

1891290_10208896182263083_5548677447404473724_n.jpg

A 1:01:205, over to you @ty2 !! ;) #Mojo

This is great us pushing eachother, that way, we'll be way ahead of the NXTGEN boys!! :cheers:

great time hammy i really dont think i could do that time my best is a 1.01.4

Cheers man, you can improve still, smoothness is the thing, i take corner 2, the fast left hander in 5th gear, straighten the car up, then brake down to second for the slow right Fosters corner, that's the key part of the lap! Keep going demon!!

Had another go, this is the best I can do. There is definitely a sub 1:01 out there, but I'm not patient or skilled enough to put all 3 sectors together.

25am23t.jpg

I have really enjoyed trying though.

Great lap Spooky!!

@admoo brake a bit earlier, balance the car with the brake and throttle, than accelerate smoothly as possible, you'll get there, it's just practice.

Last edited:
Cheers man, you can improve still, smoothness is the thing, i take corner 2, the fast left hander in 5th gear, straighten the car up, then brake down to second for the slow right Fosters corner, that's the key part of the lap! Keep going demon!!

Great lap Spooky!!

I've just updated all scores recorded via the TT screen in game!

Back