CRAP pCARS v NXT GEN. Monthly race seriesOpen 

• Thread starter ty2
  • 252 comments
I'll get you screwballs if it's the last thing I'll do. LOL

Still, we got TONS of racing to do and plenty of fun to be had doing it.

I KNOW 1:00 is possible, I can feel it in this car. Just need to get the left high speed and last turn down pat and I'm set for a 1:00 time.

Guys up for that challenge? I challenge ALL of you to get at LEAST a 1:00 time, it can be a middle to late time. Doesn't matter as long as you do your best. And don't give up, you guys can do it. I am already shocked on some already pretty competitive drivers thus far in this club. @hammy. I think we'll get along just fine!!! ;)

I KNOW 1:00 is possible, I can feel it in this car. Just need to get the left high speed and last turn down pat and I'm set for a 1:00 time.

Guys up for that challenge? I challenge ALL of you to get at LEAST a 1:00 time, it can be a middle to late time. Doesn't matter as long as you do your best. And don't give up, you guys can do it. I am already shocked on some already pretty competitive drivers thus far in this club. @hammy. I think we'll get along just fine!!! ;)
Hi mate

You sound like a nice guy but have we raced with you? The thread here is for one group racing the other so we kind of already have the challenge.

It would be great if you can at least join us in other races so that you can become affiliated with CRAP? We run races each day from 6pm GMT and there are a few guys on earlier if that suits you better.

Don't mean to sound rude but the forum is set up for a challenge that's already coming and is a team thing.

Hope to see you on the track!

Hi man, great laps you've been doing, but are you part of CRAP Club? It's just to race in this Team Vs Team event, you have to at least race with CRAP on a regular basis etc.

I have never raced you before so i'm a bit confused, sorry.

Hi man, great laps you've been doing, but are you part of CRAP Club? It's just to race in this Team Vs Team event, you have to at least race with CRAP on a regular basis etc.

I am on the board as a member now and just selected this event due to the others not being really available for me to compete in.

I'm in EST and work weekends. So some of the events don't work out for me time wise.

BUT I am classified as an endurance racer, I do endurance racing quite often. Just the current one isn't a time wise one for me, so I'm skipping out until then.

Also you'll have a run for you're money, if you want I can do a friendly wager with you and a few others for fun this weekend if you like.

I am on the board as a member now and just selected this event due to the others not being really available for me to compete in.

I'm in EST and work weekends. So some of the events don't work out for me time wise.

BUT I am classified as an endurance racer, I do endurance racing quite often. Just the current one isn't a time wise one for me, so I'm skipping out until then.

Also you'll have a run for you're money, if you want I can do a friendly wager with you and a few others for fun this weekend if you like.

Ok man cool, but i would suggest, as this race is now only a week away, if you could get online and race sometime before Saturday the 19th, race day, so we can see how race eachother etc etc. All the guys setting times here are on almost every day, from 8pm GMT (That's 3pm EST your time i believe) for a good 2 or 3 hours of random car/track combos, and we always have great fun!

Please feel free to come and join us over the next few days @Carnby7 i've just sent you a PSN friend request too! ;)

Hope to see you really soon! ;)

Ok man cool, but i would suggest, as this race is now only a week away, if you could get online and race sometime before Saturday the 19th, race day, so we can see how race eachother etc etc. All the guys setting times here are on almost every day, from 8pm GMT (That's 3pm EST your time i believe) for a good 2 or 3 hours of random car/track combos, and we always have great fun!

Please feel free to come and join us over the next few days @Carnby7 i've just sent you a PSN friend request too! ;)

Hope to see you really soon! ;)

You will, I was expecting a bit of racing sometime for fun anyhow.

I'll admit a bit, my driving is a slight bit rusty, I've only done hot lapping for something to do for over 2 years just to keep me somewhat sharp besides going cold turkey.

I have raced randoms on Pcars several times and do pretty well, don't always get 1st though so don't expect me to hit 1st places finish all the time.

You will, I was expecting a bit of racing sometime for fun anyhow.

I'll admit a bit, my driving is a slight bit rusty, I've only done hot lapping for something to do for over 2 years just to keep me somewhat sharp besides going cold turkey.

I have raced randoms on Pcars several times and do pretty well, don't always get 1st though so don't expect me to hit 1st places finish all the time.

No problem, CRAP club is aimed at casual racers, all are welcome whatever their speed! ;) See you soon @Carnby7

Just to add to this. We have a big emphasis on clean racing, we all have the odd bump or mistake but we expext u to wait for the person u bumped off. Even if it means u fall to the back. In thos group we would rather be p2 or p3 than try making a move that will cost the person infront to lose more places. The clean racing is the most important, not the position you finish in..

But besides that...

Welcome to craps ! Be good to see what u got soon :)

Attachments

• Project CARS_20160311154647.jpg
    Project CARS_20160311154647.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 15
Ok @Spooky Wooky , but still a great effort!!

Super job @Carnby7 , and tell us how you did it to help the other CRAPpers please, that's how we roll here! ;)

@JohnScoonsBeard i just did this hot lap with telemetry as you requested, another 1:01.5 from me, the best i can do i think with no ABS, maybe if i try with it on a 1:01.1 is possible.

I hope the video helps you all! 👍

Thanks Hammy. Much appreciated.

Hi mate

You sound like a nice guy but have we raced with you? The thread here is for one group racing the other so we kind of already have the challenge.

It would be great if you can at least join us in other races so that you can become affiliated with CRAP? We run races each day from 6pm GMT and there are a few guys on earlier if that suits you better.

Don't mean to sound rude but the forum is set up for a challenge that's already coming and is a team thing.

Hope to see you on the track!

@Carnby7 joined a few days ago on the main club page. Carnby we have a few other members in the states so if you get a chance to have a race with them. @Football67611 and @weisda3 are 2 US members (same PSN id) plus some Canadians on here too. I think I sent you a PSN friend request the other day.

I've just looked at your lap Hammy and fair enough if you guys are all accepting those track limits like the game does but it is not a valid lap from a racing perspective according to our own rules. Going wider than the white lines 3 times allows a greater speed to be maintained.

Have you discussed the track limits with NXTGEN?

I'm off the pace by a bit less than I thought, although probably still plenty :)

I've just looked at your lap Hammy and fair enough if you guys are all accepting those track limits like the game does but it is not a valid lap from a racing perspective according to our own rules. Going wider than the white lines 3 times allows a greater speed to be maintained.

Have you discussed the track limits with NXTGEN?

I'm off the pace by a bit less than I thought, although probably still plenty :)

But JSB, that's the "Hammy Line" Through those corners, therefore, it's ok lol!!

But seriously, with the way the race will be, (very competitive) we need to use every inch of the road possible. But that 1:01.2 i did, i didn't actually run so wide in the those corners, So in fact it's slower if you you use those Astroturf run off areas.

And i'm also sure the NXTGEN spy that was here saw my video, and has learnt something from it! ;)

But JSB, that's the "Hammy Line" Through those corners, therefore, it's ok lol!!

But seriously, with the way the race will be, (very competitive) we need to use every inch of the road possible. But that 1:01.2 i did, i didn't actually run so wide in the those corners, So in fact it's slower if you you use those Astroturf run off areas.

And i'm also sure the NXTGEN spy that was here saw my video, and has learnt something from it! ;)

If you go as wide as that where all 4 wheels are over the white line it's not a valid lap in motorsports. We can't have rules that we expect new and old members to stick to when the races we do against other groups don't even use the rules we go by. Can someone help me with a lap where the line is within the boundaries as that one doesn't really help me. If you understandably want to keep the lap away from prying eyes stick a video in the private conversation on here.

Generally 2 wheels need to be inside the white line at all times. Mistakes occur but the lap in the clip gains quite a bit of momentum by going wider (completely off track by quite a way) 3 times just before three long straights where the exit speed benefit is greatest.

If you go as wide as that where all 4 wheels are over the white line it's not a valid lap in motorsports. We can't have rules that we expect new and old members to stick to when the races we do against other groups don't even use the rules we go by. Can someone help me with a lap where the line is within the boundaries as that one doesn't really help me. If you understandably want to keep the lap away from prying eyes stick a video in the private conversation on here.

Generally 2 wheels need to be inside the white line at all times. Mistakes occur but the lap in the clip gains quite a bit of momentum by going wider (completely off track by quite a way) 3 times just before three long straights where the exit speed benefit is greatest.

Fair enough JSB, maybe when we get to the race, we will have to try to stay inside the white lines more, as in fact it might be necesary what with the high tyre temps from pushing hard.

In theory, if we don't push so hard in the race to look after the tyres, we won't be running so wide through the corners. We are going to do a practice race this weekend i believe, to see what pace we need to do to keep the tyres in the "window".

We'll see what happens.

Fair enough JSB, maybe when we get to the race, we will have to try to stay inside the white lines more, as in fact it might be necesary what with the high tyre temps from pushing hard.

In theory, if we don't push so hard in the race to look after the tyres, we won't be running so wide through the corners. We are going to do a practice race this weekend i believe, to see what pace we need to do to keep the tyres in the "window".

We'll see what happens.

I think everyone probably need to TRY to keep two wheels inside the limits ALL the time. Technically only going outside the limits once per lap is less than three but if it's repeatedly then it's not clean racing. If NXTGEN also want to drive like that then it doesn't matter but it needs to be agreed up front. CRAP can't just drive like that if the other guys are driving to different regulations as it's not fair on them. Our secret weapon can't be using different rules to the other team.

Last night, much as I'd like Manchester United to have been attacking a Liverpool goal twice the size of the United goal it wouldn't be fair on the bindippers (and we still wouldn't have scored last night).
:)

I think everyone probably need to TRY to keep two wheels inside the limits ALL the time. Technically only going outside the limits once per lap is less than three but if it's repeatedly then it's not clean racing. If NXTGEN also want to drive like that then it doesn't matter but it needs to be agreed up front. CRAP can't just drive like that if the other guys are driving to different regulations as it's not fair on them. Our secret weapon can't be using different rules to the other team.

Last night, much as I'd like Manchester United to have been attacking a Liverpool goal twice the size of the United goal it wouldn't be fair on the bindippers (and we still wouldn't have scored last night).
:)

With all due respect jsb have a watch of some real life races around there ...i dont see why your trying to creat "jsb" rules so to speak when even in real life that line is perfectly fine yeah granted motorsports rules are genraly no more then 2 wheels over but theres ate different kinds of track limitations oulton being a perfect example hence why if u look at the left side of the rumble strips there is a different grounding down to aid grip in real life

With all due respect jsb have a watch of some real life races around there ...i dont see why your trying to creat "jsb" rules so to speak when even in real life that line is perfectly fine yeah granted motorsports rules are genraly no more then 2 wheels over but theres ate different kinds of track limitations oulton being a perfect example hence why if u look at the left side of the rumble strips there is a different grounding down to aid grip in real life

*get's popcorn and hides behind sofa*

What I'm reminding people about are the rules of motorsport and the same Club rules we have that were in place when everyone joined. I've linked below a load of races and on board camera clips.

In the next official SMS Project Cars hot lap Championship all potential point scorers will have their laps reviewed and all will need to have 2 tyres on track for the whole lap.

The videos below were the first ones I found. Some aren't for the Fosters layout but they all show acceptable laps. They don't show Oulton Park is an exception. In Project Cars the half grass/brick run off area doesn't punish you so much if you're heading straight and at speed from the previous corner so there can be an advantage of running all 4 wheels outside the white lines like in hammy's video. In real life the brick/grass run off areas are there for safety. Oulton Park gets a lot of rain and parts of it are prone to flooding. The run off areas are there to avoid more dangerous off track accidents not to allow cars to take a faster line through corners.

I know mistakes happen. If people are staying on track most of the time then that's fine.

Having rules within CRAP help ensure everyone competes on an equal footing that promotes fair racing rather than finding exploits within the game's valid lap system. If we're running races where CRAP is represented then we should be treating our opponents fairly. I appreciate Hammy made the video to help me work out why I was a second or 2 off the pace. It didn't help me though because it wouldn't be acceptable as a qualifying lap. If appreciate if someone else could help though.

If everyone taking part wants to use different rules then you need to tell the opposition. That also goes for when we're running our own CRAP races/qualifying.

Last edited:
I'm going to make a video to explain the layout and line you have to take to be able to achieve a good time. it's going to take a bit of time but I'll get it out.

Plus I'll explain the cars behavior (In my experience and overall feel) and how to possibly exploit it, all in 1 video.
I don't expect it to be 100% professional but it's enough to get you guys an understanding on what to do in order to complete a good lap here.

Latest Posts

Back