Do you want a credit limit in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 382 93.9%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
The reason for the limit was the 20 mill cars. One of the achievement was to spend every last penny you had.

It's such a lame way to get trophy though -- buy this car and get a trophy! It would've been so much more interesting being forced to get to 0 on your own so that you had to calculate which cars you should buy to get it down to 0. And if you failed, win more events and try again -- with the used dealership and also small fees like the $50 oil change it's always doable. This would make it actually rewarding and put some fun into it rather than buying a $20 million car.

Having to manage credit & item limits became a major chore for me in the latter days of GT5, spoiling the fun and detracting from racing time as one struggled to deal with handling these limits with rather clunky controls & menus.
I hope dedicated players are allowed to become rich in all respects.

No, just no. Artificial challenges/obstacles are the hallmark of poor/lazy game design. There is no reason to have this except to artificially pad the time it takes to "complete" the game. Same for the XP as well. XP OTOH could be used to set some kind of status in the game that would give you matched difficulty levels (online and off) as well as higher payouts in races instead of the dumb OCD-inducing login bonus. The idea being that IRL the more experienced/accomplished you are, the bigger events and payouts you tend to get. I know GT5 sort of had this by requiring certain XP to have access to "harder" events with "higher" payouts, but I think that was a half-arsed implementation of it.

mathematically speaking, there needs to be a limit, your credits are an integer and are assigned a certain maximum value, this limit absolutely shouldn't be 20Million though, I think 1x10^10 would be a better option

Having reached 20 million in GT5 several times the credit limit is very frustrating. I wouldn't have minded it nearly as much if all the cars in the game were available through the main dealership. Waiting for a car you really want to come up in the UCD is unfair IMO.

Having reached 20 million in GT5 several times the credit limit is very frustrating. I wouldn't have minded it nearly as much if all the cars in the game were available through the main dealership. Waiting for a car you really want to come up in the UCD is unfair IMO.
At least you won't need to worry about that in GT6 with one dealership. 👍

I don't see a cap as an issue early in the game, I'll be in "buy, buy, buy" mode with no real saving. It's only later when you have everything you need but nothing to spend it on, where you'd have an issue. I didn't find the GT5 cap annoying, up until nearly 2 years later!

GRANTURISMO 4 WAS JUST PERFECT IN EVERY WAY A PS2 GAME THAT IS BETTER IN EVERY WAY EXCEPT GRAPHICS AND HANDLING THAN GT5 AND GT6.
CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH MORE RACES , MORE LAPS THEY PAID GOOD MONEY FOR EACH RACE, THEY GAVE U A PRICE CAR WICH U COULD SELL FOR 1 OR 2 MILL. AND A FINAL PRIZE OF 500.000 CREDITS FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP YOU COMPLETED.
SEATTLE CIRCUIT IS GONE, NEW YORK CIRCUIT WAS JUST FEATURED IN GT4 AFTER LONG WAITING. CREDIT LIMIT IS NONSENSE. ANYWAY WITH 44.000Cr PRIZES HOW IS ANYBODY GOING TO BUY 4, 5 OR 20 MILLION CARS. TO AVOID THIS, OUR MAN YAMAUCHI SHOULD HAVE GO FOR A REAL LIFE MONEY EQUIVALENT SO A VEYRON IS 1MILLION EUROS AND A ONE-77 IS A MILLION POUNDS AND ONCE A 250GTO SOLD FOR 15 MILLION WHY IS THE NEW VEYRON 2 MILLION CR? AND ISN´T THE SUPERSPORT EVEN. KOENIGSEGG STILL OUT OF GT6. NO COMPETITION SOFT TIRES FOR ANY EVENT AND LICENCES ARE PEACHY NO DIFFICULT AT ALL.TO GET ALL GOLD TEST YOU HAD TO FIGHT IN ALL PREVIOUS GTS IN THIS ANY KID HAS THE SAME LEVEL THAN YOU. ANYWAY GRANTURISMO TOOK THIS STUPID WAY IN GT5 SO GT7 WILL BE FOR FOOLS THAT NEVER PLAYED GRANTURISMO AND HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT A CAR IS. AND FERRARIS F1 ARE GONE. WHY?

GRANTURISMO 4 WAS JUST PERFECT IN EVERY WAY A PS2 GAME THAT IS BETTER IN EVERY WAY EXCEPT GRAPHICS AND HANDLING THAN GT5 AND GT6.
CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH MORE RACES , MORE LAPS THEY PAID GOOD MONEY FOR EACH RACE, THEY GAVE U A PRICE CAR WICH U COULD SELL FOR 1 OR 2 MILL. AND A FINAL PRIZE OF 500.000 CREDITS FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP YOU COMPLETED.
SEATTLE CIRCUIT IS GONE, NEW YORK CIRCUIT WAS JUST FEATURED IN GT4 AFTER LONG WAITING. CREDIT LIMIT IS NONSENSE. ANYWAY WITH 44.000Cr PRIZES HOW IS ANYBODY GOING TO BUY 4, 5 OR 20 MILLION CARS. TO AVOID THIS, OUR MAN YAMAUCHI SHOULD HAVE GO FOR A REAL LIFE MONEY EQUIVALENT SO A VEYRON IS 1MILLION EUROS AND A ONE-77 IS A MILLION POUNDS AND ONCE A 250GTO SOLD FOR 15 MILLION WHY IS THE NEW VEYRON 2 MILLION CR? AND ISN´T THE SUPERSPORT EVEN. KOENIGSEGG STILL OUT OF GT6. NO COMPETITION SOFT TIRES FOR ANY EVENT AND LICENCES ARE PEACHY NO DIFFICULT AT ALL.TO GET ALL GOLD TEST YOU HAD TO FIGHT IN ALL PREVIOUS GTS IN THIS ANY KID HAS THE SAME LEVEL THAN YOU. ANYWAY GRANTURISMO TOOK THIS STUPID WAY IN GT5 SO GT7 WILL BE FOR FOOLS THAT NEVER PLAYED GRANTURISMO AND HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT A CAR IS. AND FERRARIS F1 ARE GONE. WHY?
Please ease off on the caps man:eek::eek:, totally unnecessary and a violation of the AUP

Why are you yelling at everyone?

What the hell? Jaguar XJ13 Chrome Line 20.000.000 so they put a stripe on it and its another 20 mill. car? ridiculous

Sorry not yelling, just caps on

Last edited by a moderator:
TOTAL PRICE OF ALL CARS WITHOUT UPDATE 679.119.820 CREDITS
Hope online season events pay lots of money, otherwise we´re screwed.
Always the same story even in International A opponents drive like in a parade lap soooo slow no thrill at all.
10 versions of the rx7 the mx5 the impreza and no S63 Merc or S8 Audi.

Yeah, that easy. Looks like some people is happy with anything why would they stop doing games as dull as this?

Since 1.01 I read , that is almost since release :)

I guess the previous posts are before 1.01.
I just rounded 20 millions in credits, so I was curious.

When was the BMW money glitch? I reached the limit then and that was very early January after release:tup:

Back