Do you want a credit limit in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 382 93.9%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about credit limits and if you want them in gt6 or not. Personally, I don't like the credit limit in GT5. I'm constantly stuck at 20 million and can never find anything to spend it on.

Try buying cars. There's plenty to choose from.

I've been running seasonal events to buy every car that I don't have yet. I've just been buying all the used cars that I see, and if I get close to 20 million, I'll buy the expensive new cars. It's not hard to spend it all.

Try buying cars. There's plenty to choose from.

I've been running seasonal events to buy every car that I don't have yet. I've just been buying all the used cars that I see, and if I get close to 20 million, I'll buy the expensive new cars. It's not hard to spend it all.

Lol, I do buy cars. I have about half of the cars in the game now, but I meant I can never find anything that i'm interested in.

After collecting all cars available from the game, credits became useless and having a credit limit is just plain stupid. Can't find anywhere to spend my Cr.20,000,000 unless I decided to throw them away by buying those Cr.20,000,000 cars. :indiff:

Fangio's Mercedes W196 Formula 1 car just sold for $30 million. There are cars in this game that are almost as rare, and/or famous. The price of some of the cars aren't that outrageous. I did see a Mazdaspeed Atenza in the UCD for almost 60,000, which is overpriced, but that's easy to win in a race by finishing halfway down the field. I don't think $20 million is overpriced for some of the cars.

On the topic of the limit, it would be nice to see it removed, or raised. What's more frustrating is only being able to buy one car at a time.

I think they should lower it to 10 million. All other cars that are more expensive should only be available by reaching certain events or goals. That way a-spec and the game becomes more interesting again.

Like in gt2, there where cars I have never driven because I never golded the last 3 driving licenses.

It would make more sense to make them prize cars only, and remove the ability to buy them. Being limited to 10 million is ridiculous.........

Like in gt2, there where cars I have never driven because I never golded the last 3 driving licenses.
You should get back to that...

Completely removing the limit would be fine but just imagine how much you would have after a week!

I think they should lower it to 10 million. All other cars that are more expensive should only be available by reaching certain events or goals. That way a-spec and the game becomes more interesting again.

More interesting to restrict access to cars in a car game? I'm not following.

Is your last sentence really a good thing to you?

Don't really care, but they should remove the tight 20,000,000Cr. limit, or reduce the insane price of some cars.

Fangio's Mercedes W196 Formula 1 car just sold for $30 million. There are cars in this game that are almost as rare, and/or famous. The price of some of the cars aren't that outrageous. I did see a Mazdaspeed Atenza in the UCD for almost 60,000, which is overpriced, but that's easy to win in a race by finishing halfway down the field. I don't think $20 million is overpriced for some of the cars...
The credits aren't any world currency so the prices are different from what you would be used to at home.

I do think that the credit limit is a bit weird though and no cap should really be there.

no.jpg

Speaking of ridiculously expensive cars, I wish PD modeled a normal Miura instead of a darn prototype, so they couldn't justify making cost a ridiculous amount of credits. I really hope it's at a reasonable price in GT6, assuming we can buy it. In Forza, a Miura costs 400,000 Cr. That's a fair cost.

But yeah, there's absolutely no logical reason for a credit limit to exist.

I'm guessing the credit limit is there to limit the cost of cars. Imagine the price of, say an X2010/X2011 if there was no credit limit.

I don't care really, if they keep the limit, raise it, or do away with it as long as I don't have to click twice after finishing a race, because I get the annoying message again that I can't have more credits than 20 million.

Actually, you have to click up to 6 times after finishing the race.
- maximum credit notice
- credits screen
- level screen
- up to 3 prize-screens

I'd like to see what Gran Turismo 4 did...just do away with the limit...and then to swerve that, inflate the price of the X1 to a hundred million credits...if that car even makes it in.

But to be on the unfortunate side, a credit limit of 10,000,000 at the most could be slithering in to GT6 in some way. As bad as GT5 is right now, that would be an insult to GT5 and a slap in the face to all of GT's diehard fans.

Do you want a limit? No. Do I want a limit? No. But the answer, to that a credit limit may be in GT6, is yes.

More interesting to restrict access to cars in a car game? I'm not following.

Is your last sentence really a good thing to you?

I would take the exclusive prize car over the winnings any day.

It adds more excitement to the events instead of just winning cash all the time.

OT: I expect there will be a limit again, but I don't see the point either, besides that pointless achievement.

I'm guessing the credit limit is there to limit the cost of cars. Imagine the price of, say an X2010/X2011 if there was no credit limit.

How about 20 million?

Credit limits shouldn't exist.

Trophies for credit limits shouldn't exist.

Trophies shouldn't exist.

Credits shouldn't exist.

The 20 mil credit limit will probably stay the same. I can't foresee any reason to change it other than the fact that it was horrible. Everybody found a way to work around it.

I think that credits should not be limited and the cars should have real life value; Veyron 845.000 cr? GTR 50.000cr? But make credits more realistic to earn!

The reason for the limit was the 20 mill cars. One of the achievement was to spend every last penny you had.

which can be easily obtained in the beginning, I had that trophy within minutes of starting.

The Credit Limit is annoyance, I'd rather race and keep money than race and get no money no exp and all you get is a suit or paint or horn or a level ticket that you get and it's some car you have like 7 or 8 of.

I don't care really, if they keep the limit, raise it, or do away with it as long as I don't have to click twice after finishing a race, because I get the annoying message again that I can't have more credits than 20 million.

Actually, you have to click up to 6 times after finishing the race.
- maximum credit notice
- credits screen
- level screen
- up to 3 prize-screens
- Level ticket/Car

It should be about 7 since if you get a level ticket or car. If I want to do some clicking I go play some bubble pop or diamond dash.

The 20 mil credit limit will probably stay the same. I can't foresee any reason to change it other than the fact that it was horrible. Everybody found a way to work around it.

There is literally no reason why we shouldn't be able to save as much money as we want.

Get rid of credit limits.

And PD, while you're at it, get rid of the stupid "XP" system. Seriously, I'm not gonna grind to Lvl 40 A-Spec just to get a meager trophy on PSN. It's a ridiculous grind, and that's coming from someone who got a Lvl 99 skill in RuneScape.

I don't know if it'd be game-breaking to have an open-ended integer for your credits, once a certain level is reached.

I'd be content if they just raised the cap (say, from 20 mil, to 999 mil.)

The credit limit is one of those things that should just be gone. There simply is no reason for it. Leaving it out altogether could actually spur a competition of sorts and encourage gameplay. Introduce prizes and trophies for hitting certain targets like $20Million, $100Mill and even $1Billion!!! If you want to encourage gameplay, that is a far better way than an artificial, nonsensical limit.

The credit limit is one of those things that should just be gone. There simply is no reason for it. Leaving it out altogether could actually spur a competition of sorts and encourage gameplay. Introduce prizes and trophies for hitting certain targets like $20Million, $100Mill and even $1Billion!!! If you want to encourage gameplay, that is a far better way than an artificial, nonsensical limit.

If we had one billion dollars, there better be a lot of stuff worth buying. I have 18.5 million credits, and I don't plan on spending them all at once anytime soon. I could buy a fancy racecar, but I have no use for one. If they are going to have an almost unlimited credit limit, it better not be easy to make a lot of credits at once. I can make 1 million in 6.5 minutes. Some people can make two to three times that in the same amount of time.

The reason for the limit was the 20 mill cars. One of the achievement was to spend every last penny you had.

Bad game design isn't justified because it's tied to (nevermind forced by) an achievement of all things.

Don't really care, but they should remove the tight 20,000,000Cr. limit, or reduce the insane price of some cars.

They should do both. GT4 was the standard they should be meeting. Cast everything about GT5's economy into the garbage.

The credits aren't any world currency so the prices are different from what you would be used to at home.

Cars in GT5 were overpriced regardless of whether they were tied as closely to Japanese car values as in past games. Cars shared between the two tended to cost twice as much in GT5 than they did in GT4.

Back