Cricket: The Official Thread

• Thread starter Casio
  • 297 comments
New Zealand looking in fine form again against England. Although England bowling 20 wides so far is helping them a bit.

And I'm changing the thread name, this has moved on to general cricket discussion, and then can be used for the upcoming World Cup.

Damn, Cricket sure as hell is confusing. It looks way fun, though.

Omnis, Australia and India are set to play some ODIs (in their pyjamas) in the US later this year. I can't find anything about it on their website via Cricinfo, I'm sure there'll be something about it on the web somewhere.

And now Jimmys had to come home to recover from a back injury, when it rains it pours.

--------

We've only gone and won our first game vs Australia, only 3 months into the tour....

Joyce gets a hundred and Plunkett 3-24 from 9.5 overs.

New Zealand what are you doing?! Letting the Poms win!

That's what I get for having faith in you....

Letting?

Pfft.

They really should've beaten us though. 126 runs from the last 21 overs with 7 wickets in hand should be easy. Fleming took ages to get to hundred and wasn't fluent at all.

Colly was brilliant as was most of the team tbf.

Fleming sucks.

Fleming cocks up = the rest of the team does really well.
Fleiming does good = everybody else capitulates...

Fleming = evil.

Fleming sucks.

Fleming cocks up = the rest of the team does really well.
Fleiming does good = everybody else capitulates...

Fleming = evil.

He always seems to underachieve, there is no doubt that he has the ability to be a match winner, however, to me he looks like he always doubts himself and is way to conservative.

Currently, it looks like England is going to have quite a nice score to chase. And Paul Collingwood has been the lone star all summer and he proved it again with that catch.

We won \o/

Collingwood with a bug hundred and a hundred run partnership with Bell (65), captain(35) had a good partnership with Colly aswell.

15-3 at one point chasing 253.

Must admit, the England team are very underrated....

So much for "OH NOEZ! KEVIN PIETERSEN IS HURT! OH NOEZ, WE'RE DOOMED!" :lol:

Collingwood found his form and so did England. Just at the right time. Right, bring on the world cup. Which we won't win but at least it won't mean watching cricket in the middle of the night.

I admit nothing. :grumpy:

Stupid catch....that bastard....I can't remember his name.....I hate him.

McGrath ;)

Considering we had no Tres, KP or Anderson for most of the games we did fantastically well. Plunkett was one of the stars of the turn around imo. 6 games 12 wickets and a Strike rate of 24.9! A high economy rate but when you're taking wickets that often it doesn't matter.

NZ Herald
It was the first time Australia had lost by 10 wickets in 646 ODIs, and the first time they'd lost three consecutive one-dayers since their series in the West Indies in 2002-03.

:D

Go us. Finally.

They've lost 4 out of 5 too. They were quite under strength today, but that's still some wooping for that team.

Make that 5 out of 6 :P

My faith in Fleming as captain is (almost) restored... seems that we do best chasing HUGE totals (C-H series, anyone?).

Bring on the WC :D

(I hope Oram's finger recovers in time...)

Make that 5 out of 6 :P

My faith in Fleming as captain is (almost) restored... seems that we do best chasing HUGE totals (C-H series, anyone?).

Bring on the WC :D

(I hope Oram's finger recovers in time...)

They reckon he'll be back at some point but not for the 1st group game (that's a definite).

He'd better be back.

To think, if we win the last game vs Aus, we'll overtake Pakistan for 3rd in the ODI rankings :D

You know what, I'm going to apply for a position in the Australian bowling line-up. Because even I could do better then that ****.

:D

Haydos did well 181* with 10 sixes, still not a winning score though!

You had them 41-4 chasing 348 and you still lost!

Seriously. The Australian selectors need a swift kick in the nads.

Stuart Clark has a test average of 17, and even his 1 day average of 31 isn't terrible. Yet is omitted because he's too like Glen McGrath? Oh no! We'd hate to have another player in our side that can bowl with an economy of 3.8!

And then, they've just randomly decided that McGrath is no longer good enough to open the bowling, despite usually bowling the first 5 overs for about 10 runs, and give the new ball to Tait. Who while is a talent, his over usually consists of

1. Wide on the leg side
2. Yorker
3. Yorker
4. Bouncer
5. Bouncer too high sails over the keeper for 4
6. Yorker
7. Full toss hit for 4

Tait should be used as a bowler between overs 20-40. Instead of having to have people like Michael Clarke (Who probably does have equal bowling ability of me) and whatever that crap Cameron White bowls is.

Bring back Warnie. Only he can save us.

Back