Cricket World Cup

• Thread starter SandStorm
  • 238 comments
Originally posted by Cobraboy
Hmmm, you would think that athletes would be more careful when taking medicines don't ya think?
Fair comment.

Hate to say it (mainly because I rated the black caps a good chance), but your boys were particularly unimpressive last night. Why on earth they didn't play Vettori?

I wasn't really watching it, but we just suck in the first place. I think morale and enthusiasm was down a little after all that boycotting stuff.

I wasn't really watching it, but we just suck in the first place. I think morale and enthusiasm was down a little after all that boycotting stuff.

Could be - the main thing they suffered with last night was a lack of variety - when they've just smacked one right arm medium pacer around, you probably need something other than another right arm medium pacer to replace him. Nerves are always an issue in the first few games too - but you guys have got some tough ones to follow, too.

We don't really have that much of a good bowling line up, we havent had one for ages. I think thats our weekest link.
True - what's the deal with Cairns? What's the injury he's got that means he can't bowl?

heh. Well, the Aussies won last night, with 310 and Andrew Symonds on 143 n.o :)

I can't believe Canada got over Bangladesh - that was a real shock.

Australia were really impressive - I'm no fan of Symonds - I couldn't believe he got picked - but I would rate that knock of his last night as one of the best one-day tons I've seen.

Well, Canada have more points than NZ now, and I think that if we beat the West Indies tomorrow, we still have a chance, or are we finished already?:(

Originally posted by HRT_Maloo
Well, Canada have more points than NZ now, and I think that if we beat the West Indies tomorrow, we still have a chance, or are we finished already?:(
Well, I think your boys will be going to Zimbabwe, I'll put it that way. You'll need to beat the West Indies tomorrow, I would think - from your point of view the Windies getting over South Africa was probably a bad result.

Hey, did you catch the game last night? What about Waqar's beemer, eh? Got a fair old bollocking by the umpire, didn't he? I pissed myself laughing over that!

Originally posted by vat_man
Well, I think your boys will be going to Zimbabwe, I'll put it that way. You'll need to beat the West Indies tomorrow, I would think - from your point of view the Windies getting over South Africa was probably a bad result.
Actually, that was a bit of a surprise. After the shocker start that the Windies got, I fully expected the South Africans to get up, but then Lara came on . . . end of game.

Results time, boys.

India vs. The Netherlands
India batted first and made 204 off 48.5 overs (all bowled out). Sachin Tendulkar made 52 off 72 balls, with 7 fours.
The Netherlands batted 2nd and in reply only managed 136 off 48.1 overs. A bloke named DLS van Bunge made 62 off 116 balls, with 5 fours.

India now sit on 4 points, Holland nil.

South Africa vs. Kenya
Kenya won the toss and batted first, making 140 off 38 overs being all bowled out. A bloke named RD Shah made 60 off 87 balls, including 7 fours.
South Africa then came in to bat, and won by 10 wickets. Herschelle Gibbs made 87 off 66 balls, including 12 fours and 4 sixes. Gary Kirsten made 52 off 63 balls, including 9 fours.

South Africa now sit on four points, Kenya nil.

That's all there is from the World Cup scoreboard at present.

Damn, did anybody see Brian Lara's runout?? Chris Cairns chucked the ball from Square Leg and hit them, dead accurate. He could only see one wicket.

I think we played pretty well, but then again, the Windies didn't play all that well.

BTW:

THE BLACK CAPS WON!!! THE BLACK CAPS WON!!!

Want the official results?

New Zealand vs. West Indies
Well, the 8th match of the World Cup saw the West Indies playing the New Zealand Kiwis.

The Windies won the toss and sent the Black Caps in to bat, who made 7-241 off 50 overs. Best for the Kiwis was Nathan Astle scoring 46 off 70 balls, with 6 fours under his belt. Best bowling performance was Andre Adams with 4-44 off 9.4 overs, with 1 maiden.
West Indies batted second, and in a pretty dismal performance could only manage 221 in reply off 49.4 overs. Best for the Windies was Sarwan with 75 off 99 balls, scoring 8 fours. Best Bowling performance was Chris Gayle with 3-35 off 10 overs.

NZ and the Windies now both sit on four points.

The Points Table sits like this:

Pool A
Zimbabwe: Four Points
Australia: Four points
India: Four points
Netherlands: Zero points
Pakistan: Zero points
Namibia: Zero Points
England: {Yet to Play}

Pool B
Sri Lanka: Four points
West Indies: Four points
New Zealand: Four points
South Africa: Four points
Canada: Four points
Bangladesh: Zero points
Kenya: Zero points

Two games are to be played tomorrow (Sat. 15th Feb):
D/N Kenya vs. Canada
I think Canada will move on to 8 points after this game, and in my honest opinion, I think the Canadians have a good chance of getting in to the Super-Six.

One-Dayer Australia vs. India
I think Australia will also move on to 8 points, but India are always dangerous. Should be a good game.

Yeh that's on tonight us against the indians. Should be good cricket.

Well, Im just about to log off and watch the NZ v SA game this minute. I will watch that while studying some ****ing poems for English homework.

Back