Crude Free Non-Linear Throttle Workaround (Controller)

Australia
Australia
For those like myself that have been finding the non-linear throttle frustrating in the game, I had a revelation tonight. If you’re using a controller: set accel and brake controls to the right analog stick. Loop a headphone cable around the inside-top of the stick (see photo).

Explanation: The cable acts a bit like an extra compressive pad/spring that slows down your movement/requires larger changes in force to continue pushing up on the stick (increasing your throttle), between around 50% to 100% in-game throttle and above (which is normally where it’s ultra sensitive and hard to modulate the throttle, due to the way the game models the throttle input as an increasing exponential curve type of thing. Normally it’s super easy to modulate 0-50% range throttle but almost impossible in the 50-100% range - there’s other threads with more info about it anyways.

I’m finding the throttle controlability heaps better just with this simple thing. You could probably use a rubber band or two, or something similar... worth experimenting if your headphone cable isn’t the ideal thickness.

(Im just using a standard Samsung pair that came with my phone that have a round cable, seems about perfect)

Attachments

• 7F505FCF-A480-490A-862F-A97C072F3288.jpeg
    7F505FCF-A480-490A-862F-A97C072F3288.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 36
It still puzzles me why PD thought having non-linear throttle imput would be any good in this game.

I'm definitely trying this tonight, thanks OP!

Back