Non-linear throttle

Really??? So I guess that means you have raced in my rig?? When I watch the graph on screen compared to accelerator position this is accurate.
The you have some technical problem.
It SHOULD be that you get 100 percent bar foot flat on the floor and a very very slight lift removes it from 100 percent.

If your bar is 100 percent at any point before full pedal travel something’s all screwed up.

Ive used two sets of Thrustmaster pedals and now Fanatec-none were full bar 60-70 percent pedal.

so something in your rigs messed up. Maybe your grounding…

Last edited:
Really??? So I guess that means you have raced in my rig?? When I watch the graph on screen compared to accelerator position this is accurate.
Then your pedals are set up incorrectly... No one else is describing what you experience... Let's start with brand & make.... Presumably you're on Thrustmaster, since they seem to exhibit the problem more.... (I've used Thrustmaster, Fanatec and Logitech and each have different pedal responses).

GTS doesn't offer calibration in the game so if you've installed spring/travel mods it might be responsible for this... Anyway, you could also install a bolt stopper so to eliminate the excess travel... This would be my preference for Thrustmaster accelerator anyway since I feel it has too much travel

Then your pedals are set up incorrectly... No one else is describing what you experience... Let's start with brand & make.... Presumably you're on Thrustmaster, since they seem to exhibit the problem more.... (I've used Thrustmaster, Fanatec and Logitech and each have different pedal responses).

GTS doesn't offer calibration in the game so if you've installed spring/travel mods it might be responsible for this... Anyway, you could also install a bolt stopper so to eliminate the excess travel... This would be my preference for Thrustmaster accelerator anyway since I feel it has too much travel
They are Fanatec V3 load cell brake. I get WOT far, far before my pedal is at max travel. I had my pedals attached to my laptop hoping they had some adjustment for that, I couldn't find anything, it could be because I am computer illiterate though (almost anyway) On a side note I do have problems with my wheel upshifting and downshifting by itself. That problem started 6 months after I bought the wheel, it was sent back to Fanatec to replace the drive motor that shorted out and it came back with that issue. Then it was sent to Fanatec a 2nd time about a month later, they said they could find nothing wrong, I am guessing they didn't try racing with it though. It seems to do it when you have slight pressure on the wheel. I have tried high end USB cables and redundant grounds all to no avail. I get other little issues too, the adjustment menu opens by itself which means when I try to adjust fuel map, brake balance, etc nothing happens on screen until I close the adjustment menu. It happens probably once every 5 minutes while driving.

Last edited:
They are Fanatec V3 load cell brake. I get WOT far, far before my pedal is at max travel. I had my pedals attached to my laptop hoping they had some adjustment for that, I couldn't find anything, it could be because I am computer illiterate though (almost anyway) On a side note I do have problems with my wheel upshifting and downshifting by itself. That problem started 6 months after I bought the wheel, it was sent back to Fanatec to replace the drive motor that shorted out and it came back with that issue. Then it was sent to Fanatec a 2nd time about a month later, they said they could find nothing wrong, I am guessing they didn't try racing with it though. It seems to do it when you have slight pressure on the wheel. I have tried high end USB cables and redundant grounds all to no avail. I get other little issues too, the adjustment menu opens by itself which means when I try to adjust fuel map, brake balance, etc nothing happens on screen until I close the adjustment menu. It happens probably once every 5 minutes while driving.
Clearly you have electrical problems, and if Fanatec says it’s ok the problems are on your end.
You may have something in house miswired or electrical noise present on the line.
Most probably it’s a line side problem.
Try removing your grounds if you have any, ensure stuff is plugged in to one circuit only etc.

The bad thing is you post repeatedly about the GAME having issues but it isn’t the case.

Clearly you have severe technical problems.
That’s not the games fault.

start to get why they are named "Fanatec"
I’ve had good luck with mine, but my point is Fanatec checked his stuff out and it’s OK, apparently.
My theory is he has line side electrical troubles like somethings miswired or a current loop is happening somehow.
That’s my guess.
Fwiw I am happy with my Fanatec gear, it’s far superior to the Thrustmaster toys I had.

Clearly you have electrical problems, and if Fanatec says it’s ok the problems are on your end.
You may have something in house miswired or electrical noise present on the line.
Most probably it’s a line side problem.
Try removing your grounds if you have any, ensure stuff is plugged in to one circuit only etc.

The bad thing is you post repeatedly about the GAME having issues but it isn’t the case.

Clearly you have severe technical problems.
That’s not the games fault.
And yet everything in our house works without issue. Wouldn't also stand to reason that I would have some strange problems with the DS4 also??? Lastly, why did I not have problems until it was returned from a warranty repair at Fanatec? I do diagnostics for a living, believe me you, I have gone thru many possible problems short of replacing parts in my wheel myself.

Fastone, do you calibrate your pedals in game before starting the race? I mean after starting the game, on the main menu, push pedals to the medal?

I think that the game registers the max inputs this way, if this is not done, pedals feels weird.
Or am I imagining this?? 😂

And yet everything in our house works without issue. Wouldn't also stand to reason that I would have some strange problems with the DS4 also??? Lastly, why did I not have problems until it was returned from a warranty repair at Fanatec? I do diagnostics for a living, believe me you, I have gone thru many possible problems short of replacing parts in my wheel myself.
If Fanatec said it was working when it left there, it was working when it left there. They make the things after all.
From reading you it seems there’s something with your installation.
You could, (pain but could be done) if you have access to another screen, take everything to a different room, different circuit, hook it all up, and see if the problems persist.
Then if they do contact Fanatec (if it IS a problem with Fanatec stuff maybe it got damaged in shipping from them)
Maybe you have a pinched cable from pedals or something silly you’ve overlooked…I dunno.

I never heard about pressing pedals to floor, never did it on my old t300 or t80 or my Fanatec and never had an issue.

To me it seems logical that if the wheel worked fine at Fanatec but not on your rig then that tells you it’s something about the install. But who am I to say? I’m not there lol.
All I know is I bought t300. After some time I had random button being pressed. The pedals were totally worthless. BUT, the setup NEVER broke down on me totally, although it did pause me mid game many times… and many claimed reliability issues when I was shopping.
I went for the belt drive over gear driven.
I’m glad I did, it worked fine.
But I had a chance at a CSL elite setup from a friend, so I jumped at it-all original boxes manuals tools etc.

It’s not in the same category of product as the others I have used. It’s that much better. It just is. I’ve had good reliability-no issues.
I think often online people want to jump in and bash things, for various reasons.
My take on sim stuff TM vs Fan it’s a complete no contest victory for Fanatec.
I would go so far as to say my opinion is that the product is a different category entirely and if something from them did have problems I’d send it in OR replace it with like because the stuff is THAT much better imo.

If Fanatec said it was working when it left there, it was working when it left there. They make the things after all.
From reading you it seems there’s something with your installation.
You could, (pain but could be done) if you have access to another screen, take everything to a different room, different circuit, hook it all up, and see if the problems persist.
Then if they do contact Fanatec (if it IS a problem with Fanatec stuff maybe it got damaged in shipping from them)
Maybe you have a pinched cable from pedals or something silly you’ve overlooked…I dunno.

I never heard about pressing pedals to floor, never did it on my old t300 or t80 or my Fanatec and never had an issue.

To me it seems logical that if the wheel worked fine at Fanatec but not on your rig then that tells you it’s something about the install. But who am I to say? I’m not there lol.
All I know is I bought t300. After some time I had random button being pressed. The pedals were totally worthless. BUT, the setup NEVER broke down on me totally, although it did pause me mid game many times… and many claimed reliability issues when I was shopping.
I went for the belt drive over gear driven.
I’m glad I did, it worked fine.
But I had a chance at a CSL elite setup from a friend, so I jumped at it-all original boxes manuals tools etc.

It’s not in the same category of product as the others I have used. It’s that much better. It just is. I’ve had good reliability-no issues.
I think often online people want to jump in and bash things, for various reasons.
My take on sim stuff TM vs Fan it’s a complete no contest victory for Fanatec.
I would go so far as to say my opinion is that the product is a different category entirely and if something from them did have problems I’d send it in OR replace it with like because the stuff is THAT much better imo.
Because of my job I see many, many problems after repairs. Techs don't always test things out as completely as they should. I'm also not sure how Fanatec tests their products. I'm assuming they connect them to a digital lab scope to check proper operation. It seems that there is something loose that is causing my issues because it usually up and down shifts when turning and there is FFB load on the wheel. Sometimes I may have to race 10-15 minutes before I have problems, other times a few minutes. If I felt that Fanatec used the highest end products possible I highly doubt that my wheel motor would have burned out in 4 months, I heard a loud electrical short when it failed and the wheel completely stopped working and started flashing what I assume was a diagnostic trouble code when it failed. My guess is that when they repaired it they inadvertently caused the problem I have now, I have seen things like this happen frequently. They would probably have to spend a fair amount of time testing my wheel to experience my issues. When I opened the repair ticket I also sent them a video of the problems happening to me. They had me check the pins in the wheel before and after the second time out for repair which is something one would think they would automatically do if a wheel was returned to them suffering my issues. I would send it back out a 3rd time but I really don't want to go a month without my wheel again, so I live with the problem. As far as my cable routing I have isolated the cables from each other and tried a variety of routing configurations. I have also used my rig on 2 TV's in different rooms on a different circuit breaker but the same house so the same electrical panel. Fanatec suggested that I possibly had static electrify so I also grounded my rig to the house ground circuit with no change, I have since removed that ground. This has been going on for over 3 years now so I am pretty used to it and just accept it because I doubt I will get satisfaction from Fanatec. If they were going to make it right they would have insisted that I send it back a 3rd time and that if they couldn't find anything wrong they would replace it. That would have been the right thing to do since it was in for repairs 2 times within the first year of ownership, unfortunately I think U got a lemon, it happens. I also want a DD and I know Fanatec is really the only game in town for good wheels, I just have a bad taste in my mouth doing business with them at the moment. I'm hoping that at some point I come across another racer who I can hire to fix this problem.

Last edited:
Fastone, do you calibrate your pedals in game before starting the race? I mean after starting the game, on the main menu, push pedals to the medal?

I think that the game registers the max inputs this way, if this is not done, pedals feels weird.
Or am I imagining this?? 😂
Yes, I have tried that but I definitely don't do it all the time, only rarely but I will give it a try this weekend when I race, thank you.

This has been going on for over 3 years now so I am pretty used to it and just accept it because I doubt I will get satisfaction from Fanatec. If they were going to make it right they would have insisted that I send it back a 3rd time and that if they couldn't find anything wrong they would replace it
Exactly.
A company ought to stand behind their product.

I had really wonky throttle inputs on my Fanatec ClubSport pedals. First 50% was smooth and linear and then it would jump almost instantly to 100%, so even just releasing pressure on the pedal meant dropping instantly from 100% to around 90% which meant it was nearly impossible to be smooth on throttle application and there was just no way to make small lifts in high speed corners.

Then I re-calibrated the pedals with proper minimum and maximum values and now it's silky smooth the whole way through.

I used the onboard calibration method as opposed to doing it via the software on PC, but I don't think it matters.

I had really wonky throttle inputs on my Fanatec ClubSport pedals. First 50% was smooth and linear and then it would jump almost instantly to 100%, so even just releasing pressure on the pedal meant dropping instantly from 100% to around 90% which meant it was nearly impossible to be smooth on throttle application and there was just no way to make small lifts in high speed corners.

Then I re-calibrated the pedals with proper minimum and maximum values and now it's silky smooth the whole way through.

I used the onboard calibration method as opposed to doing it via the software on PC, but I don't think it matters.
Is it possible to explain onboard calibration?? I have a CSI Elite with v3 load cell pedal set

Exactly.
A company ought to stand behind their product.
I gotta thank you for discussing this issue with me. It got me thinking about my problem. I think all I need to do is buy an H pattern shifter, I think using that it should disable the paddle shifters which would hopefully prove the root of my issue.

Is there a solution to the throttle problem? I use Thrustmaster's T-LCM pedals. And this is really annoying ...

Last edited:
Is there a solution to the throttle problem? I use Thrustmaster's T-LCM pedals. And this is really annoying ...
No solution :-(

I used T-LCM for a while and I felt that it has far too long a throw on the accelerator. Personally I would fit a hard stop bolt to limit the travel to around 50% of the factory default. The game will auto calibrate, and maybe, just maybe, it will feel more linear.

Presently I use Logitec, which has a much shorter throttle throw. It feels much more linear than the T-LCM.... It's definitely not fully linear either, but it's closer than the T-LCM. I don't know if it's because of the short throw, or because Logitec is mapped differently.

Another test would be interesting is to plug it in via a Drivehub device. I believe Drivehub maps everything as G29, so it would be interesting to test the pedal responses to see if it's different.

That's the one thing I hope GT7 ups it's game with... is mapability (?) of peripherals. I want to be able to set minimum's and maximums for my brake, throttle, etc.

And while they're at it.... team up with their new partner @DomB_Fanatec, and create some Gran Turismo specific peripherals including button boxes, gear selector dashes, delta dashes......WHATEVER!!!! I for one would nerd out on all that stuff. And I bet there would be thousands just like me. It would be good for the franchise....and good for Fanatec!!!

A friend has the GT DD Pro with CSL LC pedals (not elite) and he can’t replicate the non linear pedal on GTS, it may be that these pedals or wheelbase drivers are different.

Last edited:
From my 2 hours of game time the throttle and brake both appear to be linear, or as close to it that it doesn't matter.
Thank you! I pre-ordered the Fanatec DD Pro GT bundle 3 weeks ago (about time for an upgrade, current using Clubsport v1 from 2013). But I was wondering if I should order the game before it arrives. Got a T300RS because of GTS, but due the (both) pedal non-linearity I sold it. Played GTS for 2 months until the hype wore off. Returned to GT6 single-player events (the drifts were the nail for GTS).

I tried Fanatec DD PRO and Gran turismo 7 again. Problem not solved! Polyphony Digital fix the problem, please! Just make different linearity settings for the controller and pedals. And now I'm leaving to ACC ...

Last edited:
My G29 accelerator is linear.... Very nice to finally have a calibration facility in the game... Would also appreciate to be able to calibrate the wheel turn ratio.

The throttle in GT7 is linear! The throttle in GT7 is linear! The throttle in GT7 is linear!

I cannot tell you how happy I am about this!

Please tell us what make your wheel is

Last edited:
I tried Fanatec DD PRO and Gran turismo 7 again. Problem not solved! Polyphony Digital fix the problem, please! Just make different linearity settings for the controller and pedals. And now I'm leaving to ACC ...
I have used with CSL Elite pedals the GT DD PRO for a short time and CSW 2.5 (with Drivehub) and both were linear on GT7. I am am now using HE Sprints with the CSW 2.5 and still linear. I created a custom profile on the HE pedals to make the pedals linear on GTS.

Note I haven't played GT7 since update 1.13

Back