CSL update - blue mode

• Thread starter oldphart
  • 429 comments
I think something has been updated with the braking on CSL Elite pedals (non load cell) since early April. I have been playing AC instead a lot lately, it doesn't require a pool noodle for me to brake like GT Sport does. I forgot to take out the default braking sponge when giving Goodwood a whirl with the old Mini. It appears that the pool noodle isn't needed in GT Sport anymore, at least not with non ABS cars. I have to check it out a bit more before I say much definitively, but it does seem different. The problem I encountered seems to be pretty rare and I didn't see any official statement on it so I'm surprised there's an update - if there actually is.

Anyone else feeling a difference?
Maybe related, I posted my thoughts/feelings about a subtle but significant change in the brakes a few updates ago:
Not sure if it's related, but I only noticed recently that I also had to increase my braking distance (could've been in effect since v1.34 or even earlier).
I use Fanatec ClubSport V1 pedals and noticed that with the CSL-E's 'ABS' vibration function set to 50%, the brake pedal motor starts to rumble when the in-game brake bar indicator is only at about 35% (e.g. I ask for 50%-100% brakes, but the game is only giving me about 35%-75%).
I can reach 100% in-game braking, but I have to put in a lot more effort to do so (maybe 130% of my normal brake pedal force). This is similar to when the CSL-E finally had official game support, but I couldn't use the PS4 mode until a few game version updates later because the required amount of brake pedal force to reach 100% braking in-game was ridiculous (almost twice compared to running the CSL-E in Logitech/compatibility mode at the time).
Unfortunately the ClubSport V1 pedals don't have the ability to use the 'BRF' (brake force) feature of the CSL-E wheels to scale the braking signal. So to overcome this I've had to increase the pedal installation ratio to compensate for the increased force required at the load cell while maintaining a similar brake feel as I've already maxed out the sensitivity potentiometer/adjuster.

On a separate note, I also just posted about the loss of L2 and R2 in the bug report thread:
I use Fanatec V1 pedals but the brake pedal vibration motor has also stopped working for me after the v1.39 update.
Another Fanatec related issue concerning the McLaren GT3 wheel is that both toggle switches no longer function in-game, so I cannot use anything that is mapped to L2 and R2. Are any other Fanatec wheels similarly affected?

I'm using the latest v328 drivers in my CSL Elite base. Firmware numbers shown on steering wheel display after the start-up calibration:
Code:
WHEEL BASE 630
MOT CON 18
ST WHEEL 30

Finally not a bug, the dual clutch paddles on the McLaren GT3 wheel can now be used with the middle rotary dial set to the 'D' position. This allows them to be mapped under the 'Analog Stick', so you can either look left/right, cycle through the MFD menus or use them for brake/accelerate functions.

Hello everyone. I've been a while away from GTS due to summertime but now Im going back. I see many changes, updated physics, new Fanatec drivers and so on. Im curious to know what settings and driver version you are using on GTS? @Mirror_man is absolutely legend of that! :D

Actually I´m using the
Hello everyone. I've been a while away from GTS due to summertime but now Im going back. I see many changes, updated physics, new Fanatec drivers and so on. Im curious to know what settings and driver version you are using on GTS? @Mirror_man is absolutely legend of that! :D

Actually I´m using the 332 ... but thinking in updating it to 335, one of these days... :) I must add that I dont play GTS for more then 1 month.. at least... Completly lost all will to play GTS online with the Penalty system completly stupid, unreal and unfair that is set on it...

Actually I´m using the

Actually I´m using the 332 ... but thinking in updating it to 335, one of these days... :) I must add that I dont play GTS for more then 1 month.. at least... Completly lost all will to play GTS online with the Penalty system completly stupid, unreal and unfair that is set on it...

Im already on 337 :D didnt see any major change after 330.. Penalty system yahhh... needs to be fixed :(

But yu may also see that the discussion about that Beta Driver is closed... i´ve read on other part of the main Beta testing Forum that this driver could in some conditions provoque a full reset of the Base.. and that was why they (al least tryed to) stopped it! :)

thnx for the info, I miss that. So I think I have to downgrade to ... ? 336 or 335 as you said ? where did you find 335?

Hi guys may I know what is the best setting for csl elite ps4 on gt sport I know fanatec has one in their forum just wanna have different opinions many thanks really appreciate

Hi guys may I know what is the best setting for csl elite ps4 on gt sport I know fanatec has one in their forum just wanna have different opinions many thanks really appreciate
This is my actual Configuration:

In Game:
upload_2019-4-22_11-42-37-png.816124

(Adjust FFB Torque Acordingly to the car... Cars with lots of Grip and Dpwnforce, Minimum.. for others increase until you feel the right Force on the wheel "pulling".. :)

In Wheel: And specially for Audi TT Cup (Only adapted the Sensibility... must adapt it to other cars..)
Sens: 66
FF: 100
Sho; 100
ABS: 30
DRi: -2
For: 70
SPR: 100
DPR: 70
BRF: 30
FEI:10

Good racing! :)

So im looking to upgrade my g29 and would really like the load cell brake but is it honestly worth it in gts at the moment or wait?
I just did that exact upgrade after using the G29 since GTS launched.

I will say the very first thing I observed was how much smoother the wheels rotation felt as compared to the G29. I feel that smoothness does contribute to feeling more subtle feedback through the wheel.

As far as the LC brake, that was one of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade. Now I play in socks so I was not looking for a brake that took standing on with all my might and left the factory installed bushings which are the lightest installed. I get a slight bit of "freeplay" then the brake uses a pressure instead of distance and yes I think it is easier to be more consistent braking with the pressure than with distance as a standard pot brake pedal uses.

I think it works just as well in GTS as it does in ACC in my opinion. It is fairly expensive for a game controller but I have no regrets with my purchase and there was nothing wrong with my G29 which forced me to make the upgrade.

They don't work because GTS doesn't have live telemetry.

Interesting... The brake rumble motor on my V3i pedals worked quite well for a good long while on GTS. Seems that one of the latest updates from PD removed that function. Instead, I get to see what gear I'm in along with how fast I'm going on the steering wheel. You know, because having that only 12" away on the TV is not enough....:rolleyes:

Can anyone else confirm that their brake motor was working before one of PD's updates?

Last edited:
Interesting... The brake rumble motor on my V3i pedals worked quite well for a good long while on GTS. Seems that one of the latest updates from PD removed that function. Instead, I get to see what gear I'm in along with how fast I'm going on the steering wheel. You know, because having that only 12" away on the TV is not enough....:rolleyes:

Can anyone else confirm that their brake motor was working before on of PD's updates?
I also think that it was!!! (but aint sure... as I´ve stopped playing GTS some months ago... fed up with the ****** Penalization system that ruins completly the Online Racing Experience)

I don't have any fanatec wheel but i have a question about this video at 5:45 , does the fanatec wheel have a aid to countersteer ? Check the the reaction of the wheel on the screen cockpit view and the real input of the player .

Last edited:

Can anyone else confirm that their brake motor was working before one of PD's updates?

I have a CSL Elite and V3 load cell pedals, my brake rumble used to work but quit 2 updates ago I believe. I'm on software v476 from Fanatec.

I don't have any fanatec wheel but i have a question about this video at 5:45 , does the fanatec wheel have a aid to countersteer ? Check the the reaction of the wheel on the screen cockpit view and the real input of the player.

I dont know what my CSL Elite is supposed to do, I had to send it it for repairs when it was 5 months old and has not worked correct since I got it back. I sent it in a 2nd time to fix problems like the wheel constantly up shifting and down shifting by itself plus a host of other small issues and they fixed my joystick on the d pad and sent it back. 2 days after I got the wheel back I contacted them again because it still was not fixed and they told me I would have to send it back a 3rd time even though they just had the dam thing and I gave a detailed list of the problems I was having, everytime I send it it's gone for a month. The best part is that I didnt have any of these issues before they allegedly "fixed" it the first time. They did fix the original problem which was I believe the motor shorting out, I heard a loud electrical arc and the wheel just quit working. Completely fed up with Fanatec, at this point I doubt I would buy another Fanatec

Last edited:
I don't have any fanatec wheel but i have a question about this video at 5:45 , does the fanatec wheel have a aid to countersteer ? Check the the reaction of the wheel on the screen cockpit view and the real input of the player .

No, just the wheel is quite fast especially with DRI set to +5.

Last edited:
Does anyone who uses the Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel still not have use of their toggle switches (L2, R2)? Mine hasn't worked since the V1.39 patch.

Does anyone who uses the Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel still not have use of their toggle switches (L2, R2)? Mine hasn't worked since the V1.39 patch.

That's not because GT Sport updates, but because of driver 328 with the new firmware for the McLaren wheel itself. Just downgrade via driver 311 to get the switches to work again.

In fact, downgrade the wheelbase also to get a more tight response from the whole setup. At least that's my experience.

That's not because GT Sport updates, but because of driver 328 with the new firmware for the McLaren wheel itself. Just downgrade via driver 311 to get the switches to work again.

In fact, downgrade the wheelbase also to get a more tight response from the whole setup. At least that's my experience.
That's interesting, I guess I may have upgraded the firmware around the release of v1.39... So if you happen to be using the McLaren wheel too with driver v311, are you able to map the clutch paddles via the 'analogue stick' in the steering wheel menu?
I always spend some time testing the wheel and game settings with the same car and track combo in time trial after a driver/firmware/game physics update. I tune the wheel and game settings until I can set consistent lap times within 0.1s of my new PB time, which indicates to me that I'm receiving the right amount of force feedback and reacting to it in a good way.
Recently I've been performing much better in the FIA races with the v328 driver and new settings so the lack of toggle switch functionality is only a minor issue that I can overcome with using the L2/R2 on the DS4 instead.

Back