Current progress reports

Originally posted by ving
omg we have a 121 fan!! :P

how does it handle out of the box mister?
any good?

If you mean without any suspension upgrades bought I don't really know. I only did about half a lap and found it excrutiatingly slow. It certainly got around the corners well for an FF but it was going that slow it is hard to tell.

What I can do is keep the hp on board but lose the suspension upgrades and see how it handles then. Will try this tonight. I suspect it will handle well. I think the back tends to follow pretty well. Understeer is not a major prob. Will try it and see.

And a photo.

Attachments

• mazda1.gif
    mazda1.gif
    45 KB · Views: 67
ok this mornings run was interupted when my wife decided to get out of bed and come into the lounge room...
rubbing my hair and talking to me is somewhat distracting!
Grr!
anyhow i am doing the amateur stars n' stripes. the first 2 races are done but the 2nd 2 were todays project.

my car: viper gts w/ race flywheel, chip, t2 tires.
race 3 is seatle 2, 3 laps. I started at the back and by 1/2 way thru the race had caught 1st place.... (enter the wife). I crash into the wall at the chicanes turn 1 bounce into another wall and regain composure back in 3rd place with the other gts and cobra ahead of me. by the end of lap 3 i am 2-3 secs back from the other viper (wich is in 2nd place) :(
restart the race (she is still talking to me) and i am bumping off walls all the way around.... strugling to keep 3rd place. I quit and she goes and sits down (she had been standing next to me).
I go for race 4 (I'll come back to race 3 maybe tomorrow), laguna seca 3 laps. I get a good start from the back ("your ignoreing me, arent you?!", me "no sweetie, keep talking"), by the first corner i have taken 2nd and by the 3rd corner i am in the lead ("yes you are ingoring me...", me "hang on while i complete this race then you can have all my attention", her "ok, hurry", me "groan..."). I stay in the lead till the corkscrew on lap 2, then quickly regain 1st again at the last corner....
it stays that way till the end of the race with the other viper staying close behind.
quickly save the game..... turn off machine.
me "ok whats up?"
her "i dont wanna get my widom teeth out tomorrow! :("
me "you'll be ok, i'll be there with you :)"

end of story :)
still got seatle 2 to go and its gonna be tough!

update....
well havent done any more racing but the wifes teath are looking really good and there isnt much pain. she is just getting back on solids.

ok did some racing.
started the arcade part of the game on hard.... whizzed thru section "A" with out any probs... basically i just wanna unlock cote tho :)

arcade is pretty boring

Originally posted by ving
ok did some racing.
started the arcade part of the game on hard.... whizzed thru section "A" with out any probs... basically i just wanna unlock cote tho :)

arcade is pretty boring

Correction Single Race mode is pretty boring. Have you tried the time trials. You don't get much reward for them just a Panoz at the end and 1% of game compete but they are pretty hard (some of them).

This of course is assuming that by boring you mean easy.

Are you using the F1. If so I understand why you are calling them boring.

ok, this morning I bought 2 mazdas. rx7 rs and rx7 sav(whatever it is(series 4))...
THEY BOTH ROCK STOCK!

continued with arcade mode stage 3. did the test track 1st (with an f1 cause its so boring) and won by 1.2 secs. then did deep forrest in a rx7 rs... won over the 3400s by about 2-3 secs.
bored now...
need to get cote so i can race it whenever i want under my own terms :D

:D hey y'all, just finished my first week with the gt 3 in the house (thanx to my stepson cliff for the playstation 2), i started with a miata, seemed like a good choice for a starter car, soon won a miata ls that worked better, could mod it enough so i could compete with that little mr-s s that was killing me in the turns, lol.
well, now that a weeks past and i've tapped out my first evo (a evo VII rs that i bought new from the dealer), won a sweet handling evo rally car (it felt good to finally start getting into some nice handling race cars for a change, more like what i was used to with my old gt 2), i'm trying to beat the amateur league MR series with a clio sport, and (lol), getting my arse handed to me by either a nsx or some other diabolical contraption. i'm using med. slicks, finishing the race with my tires bright orange! do i need to pit in a 5 lap race!? or try different tires (lol, or should i save up and buy my own nsx).
oh by the way, y'all peeps that are using gtc to pass the license quals in gt3, and also the ones that are saving their games and rebooting when they lose a race to protect their win/loss ratios, when you cheat in a video game, lol, don't tell anyone, it ruins the effect, lol. after all, houdini never gave away his secrets, lol.

ha haaaa! :D finally beat the clio races at the pro level, just had to time my pit stops right and suffer a humiliating defeat at cote azur (but i stomped 'em in total points, that was my only loss)....used my winnings to buy a C-6 Vette and trick it out, easily won the stars and stripes at beginner level.

Here is my latest progress:

Mem Card 1 - Sold the Clio Sports Car to get down to 199 cars and golded 7 time trials in one session. Still have rallies and complex to go. (Just realised that I need to sell one more car if I want to keep both the Panoz and the F1 I will get for 100%)

Mem Card 2 - Golded B7 and have done a few bronze runs on B8. The fast line has still not clicked for me here.

Mem Card 3 - My garage consists of about 10 mazdas. If I win a mazda I keep it. If I win something else I sell it. At about 21% and in Amateur series kicking butt with RX7 road car, MX5 and Demio. (all 3 have upgrades to hp though)

Nothing worth doing writeups for here so I thought I'd revive this old number. I've gotten a lot of GT3 time in lately so I've been making a lot of progress in the last few weeks.

I ran the R246 Enduro in a Jag XJ220 rcecar and won by about 37.high" over the Denso Supra.

I ran the Pro Tuscan Trophy and won it easily. My only TVR was a Speed Six that had already had weight reduction surgery, so I ran it (otherwise stock) on T2s. It was unfortunately a blowout as I never won by less than about 20.xxx" and usually more like 30.xxx" I guess my To Do list includes re-running this in a truly stock Tuscan. It's a good thing I'll need to, because after rejecting about 15 Griffiths, I got the Speed 12 in that ugly dull navy blue color instead of any one of the 10 or so more interesting colors. So I get another chance at one of the cool reflex colors or anything bright.

I ran the Pro Skyline cup, on the other hand, in a far-from-stock R34 V-spec, and found I had to add big horsepower to keep anywhere near the AI on the straights. Even the early early model guy was walking me on the straights, though I was demolishing everyone on the corners. As it was I didn't keep records but I think I was running in the high-500s range. That won me Big Blue, of course, which I'm not sure where to use but maybe at one of the upcoming enduros.

After that, I completed the Area E and Area F arcade races on hard mode, and was disappointed to find that you never do get arcade access to all the cars.

I also went through Time Trials 3-10, spending anywhere from 15 minutes (Mugen NSX at grand Valley) to two-and-a-half hours (RGT at Complex String). This awards me the Panoz GT-1 (which I never expect to use) and helps set me up for the quadruple-play ending when I complete the Formula GT series, marking the end of that championship, the end of Pro league, the end of Simulation mode, and 100% completion with the simultaneous award of four (count 'em) Formula 1 cars at one sitting.

Lastly I knocked off the Pro Dream Car Championship, which I started in a Turbo 2 Autobacs MR-S (maxed out at 512 hp). After a narrow but fun victory at the Test Course, I tried a few laps at Grand Valley II... where it seemed like I was going to get crushed. Little did I know if I had held out for a few more laps that my main competition (S2000 LM) would have pitted, giving me a solid chance at victory. As it was I gave up before that happened, and restarted the series using a stock RX-7 LM...

...which turned out to be a blowout when the S2000 decided to pit at GV II, and every race thereafter. While the RX-7 could easily go 15 laps on T2s, after GV (where I won by about a minute and a quarter) I opted to go to T4s and take a midpoint pitstop to make for more interesting race action. In fact, I started taking two pit stops even though one would have been plenty, just to give me somebody to chase in the second half of the races.

Unfortunately I forgot to save after the next-to-last race which meant that I had to take what I got for a prize car, which was the FTO LM in white (at least it wasn't that horrendous green). That's good, because I didn't already have one; that's bad, because it is more easily winnable elsewhere and I really wanted the TS020 race car available here. Which is also available elsewhere, but I want the R390 racer from that series.

So, next I have to wrap up the enduros, which I'm going to intersperse with the remaining Pro level stuff (some of the Big Three races, pluse the Elise and Clio races).

Its true what you say about the Tuscan Trophy I believe the AI cars are stock; I have recently rerun some of the series races with my stock Tuscan and been able to win fairly easy.
It's a bit strange that happens in Pro mode though - I believe you mostly get stock GGTC cars, stock GT-Rs, etc in the Amator level and in Pro they're usually tunned (apart from the PD Cup)!

The Elise Trophy if i remember right, its quite a different story, you'll probably need everything you can buy for your MS - but i might be wrong my driving was much worse about a year ago when I did the series.
One thing i do remember about the Clio series is the crap car you get at the end of it - I mean you can get the VW Beetle Cup Car by wining 3 races (and that's 3 laps per race) in the Amator German Touring Car series!!!

I restarted mine last week, useing manual only. I've got 11% complete with gold on b, a, ib, ia and 2 on s and none on rally. And all time trials complete.

Back