Current progress reports

Did you try a RUF 3400 ? I haven't but I think it might be worth a try. I used one of the quicker RUFs to mop up my last race there and it was too easy.

Originally posted by gumpy
Did you try a RUF 3400 ? I haven't but I think it might be worth a try. I used one of the quicker RUFs to mop up my last race there and it was too easy.
No, I didn't. I've been selecting from my prize closet and all I have are the two Carrera-based ones. Either one would be overkill, though.

I'll probably use the Camaro SS. The NSX-R would be the most pleasant but I have a feeling it would be overkill.

Overkill, thats my specailty.. :lol:
yesterday i decided to do the .. Amatuer 80's cup with my Rx-7 Infini .. and wow that must have been teh my closest race in a year now .. lol to tell the truth the F1's and stuff arent fun anymore.. because its just total overkill wich takes the fun outta the game .. Im jus trying to get the hang of Manual at the moment.. :D

I learnt 2 things this morning:

1. A 3400s with a chip and t3 tires will not win the boxter cup pro, but it will easily make second.

2. The same 3400s will win the spider and roadster pro comfortably from the griffin (?). caught up at lap 7 or 15 on cote with some smooth cornering. but by god that griffin (?) accelerates!!! :eek:

thats all for now.
above races not complete as i ran outta time

Latest progress:

Pre raced Apricot Hill in the F1s. Pitted on laps 5, 10, 15, 19, 23. Fastest lap 1:00.3. Won by about 20 secs. Last few laps I was trying to get under 1:00 and over cooked it on a few corners and ended up in the sand. This setup does not like sand.

Silvered another B license test. Now have 4 golds, 3 silvers, 1 bronze.

Started the F1 series proper and raced Midfield. Pitted every 5 laps. Best lap 55.3. Won by about 15 secs. Had a few spins I think due to suspension being too stiff.

Latest progress in Formula GT Championship:

Seattle - pit stops 7, 13, 19, 25, 30, 35. Fastest lap 1:12.3. Can't remember anything else.
GV Speedway - pitted 6, 11, 16, 20, 24. Fastest lap 1:26.4 (I previously setup the car an qualified with a 1:25.2 but spun into sand and restarted. Can't remember the setup lol)
Super Speedway - pitted lap 25. Fastest lap 26.1
Rome - pit 6, 11, 16, 20, 24. Best lap 1:04.8.
Test Track - did not pit. Best lap 1:41.1

I had 60 points to 34. Noticed that a Polyphony 002 is on pole if I don't qualify so I quit out of remaining races and still won the series.

Restarted the saved game about 20 times in order to get a red Polyphony 002 for the series win and yellow for the Pro League complete. I need to finish Cote and Laguna for Simulation mode 100% complete. I now only need the silver 002 for a complete collection of F1 cars.

Nice work!

I ran the first race in the PD cup in the Camaro SS. I tried it on T2s without pitting. The Lancers and Skylines were easy pickings, but the Elise 190 never pitted and just tore me up. I took second place by about 4-6 seconds.

So I bought a Cobra R and tried again, this time on T3s expecting to pit on lap 10. I drew a different field and this car seems more competitive. Unfortunately the T3s only really went about 7 or 8 good laps. I earned my lead early on, but I was just not going to be able to keep up with the NSX Zero after he pitted once. I gave up after a spectacular wall bang in the first chicane on about lap 9 or 10.

I really really want to do this in a cheap American car. I never drove either the Camaro street car or the Mustang R before. They handle similarly but the Mustang doesn't get out of breath as easily and the tire wear is a little more even. It could be devastating with just the race suspension, I think, but of course that's not legal in the PD Cup.

I really don't want to have to step up to one of the 'Vettes.

Originally posted by neon_duke
Nice work!

I ran the first race in the PD cup in the Camaro SS. I tried it on T2s without pitting. The Lancers and Skylines were easy pickings, but the Elise 190 never pitted and just tore me up. I took second place by about 4-6 seconds.

So I bought a Cobra R and tried again, this time on T3s expecting to pit on lap 10. I drew a different field and this car seems more competitive. Unfortunately the T3s only really went about 7 or 8 good laps. I earned my lead early on, but I was just not going to be able to keep up with the NSX Zero after he pitted once. I gave up after a spectacular wall bang in the first chicane on about lap 9 or 10.

I really really want to do this in a cheap American car. I never drove either the Camaro street car or the Mustang R before. They handle similarly but the Mustang doesn't get out of breath as easily and the tire wear is a little more even. It could be devastating with just the race suspension, I think, but of course that's not legal in the PD Cup.

I really don't want to have to step up to one of the 'Vettes.

This may be a cheat's way but you can decide whether to use it.

Keep restarting until you get a field you think the SS or Mustang can beat.

I did this in the Trial Mountain Enduro and ended up avoiding the NSX.

started the pro spider and roadster this mornin.
15 laps of cote.
I pitted lap 10 (tho my tires werent even orange), at which point i dropped 2 places down to 3rd. I was before pitting about 4-5 sec ahead of the tvr.. and won by about 7 secs...

ok did another race in the pro spider n' raodster.
3400s w/ chip, t2 tires...
started race and just couldnt keep up. trial mt is a much quicker course than cote with long st8s and fast corners. I just cant keep up in the near stocker. i finished a close 4th (or was it 3rd?) with the tvr miles ahead (13 secs).
back to the shop.
I thought the obvious thing to do was to sell the ruf and buy the tvr, so i did and chipped it and added t2 tires. this car goes very easy on tires compared to the 3400s but it is a hellish car to tame... I was all over the the road! that car is so light in the tail..
luckily i didnt save the game, so i quit and went back to my ruf.
more upgrades needed. bought racing exhaust and light weight stage 1 to go with the existing chip and t2 tires.

as with cote i just waited for the tvr to pit then snatched the lead. the motorsport elise about 2-3 sec back from me stayed that far back till 9th lap where it dropped to 7 secs (thats how much i won by).

midfield 10 laps in the ruf. (spider n' roadster race pro)

starting at the back as per usual. spent laps 4 to 6 in second place when the tvr pitted. i pitted on lap 8 with a 13 sec lead... dropped to 4th about 5 secs off the tail of 2nd and 3rd. the tvr took off about 13 secs ahead of me. i caught and took 2nd place on the last straight... but the tvr was 10 secs ahead :(
next time i wont pitt.

Finished remaining Formula GT races.

Laguna - pitted 6, 13, 20, 27. Fastest lap 1:03.9. Reasonably close finish.

Cote - pitted every 6 all the way. Fastest lap 1:15.8. Close finish as I had a few slow stages, a few spins and many altercations with lapped traffic.

Still need the silver Pol002 so back to Formula GT for me.

Excellent Progress ving & gumpy!!!

ving, ever thought about doing some write-ups??? You seem to have the "Knack" for making an interesting "Read."

gumpy I knew you were "sweating" the F-1 Races too much, Good show...UB57
:D :D

nah ub57, couldnt be bothered....

ok s n' r pro finished.
10 laps of midfield.
started in last place (a given for me) and had 2nd by the 2nd lap. followed the tvr till on the 6th where i caught and overtook it in the slow section after the last tunnel... then it pitted. its tires must have been shot tho it was still going ok :/

kept going for the remainder of laps and the zz was catching but i still had a 8 sec lead at the end (tho my fronts had just turned red).

shiny new cobra in the garage now :D
looks pretty but handles like ****e

Originally posted by UB57

gumpy
I knew you were "sweating" the F-1 Races too much, Good show...UB57
:D :D

Yeah, for me the Vitz and even the Elise were the ones to struggle with.

Second time around I lapped the whole F1 field at Seattle.

Did the first 2 races of MR Pro; was about to do third when my TV made some weird ass noise. I instantly saved then shut it off.;)

*The noise i heard was not my PS2; it came through the TV speakers. It stopped when i muted the TV, but came on again when i unmuted it.:odd: *

sold the shelby for 125k or whatever it is...

bought a viper gts which handles great out of the box :)
started the amateur starz n' stripez
after tailing the cobra for a lap and a half playing bumper cars with it (angry, i had that line asshole!!) I held it back for the other 1.5 laps to get first. I dont know how the AI drive the cobra as it suxorz. Any how that was my 3 laps of seatle...
the uber speedway had 6 laps of not even seeing the opposition... won by heaps (yuck race) :(

Formula GT finished for the second time. Came close to lapping the whole field at most races. Won the silver Pol002.

Then used the silver Pol002 to win the Amateur Dream Car Series and won the Blue RX7 LM Car. So now all I need from there is the Orange S2000 and the White FTO.

Started work on my second game save and bought the white spoon civic from my old game save. Went to Pro FF. Setup similar to Vitz ie ride height up at the back and spring rate at max at back. Won at Cote and Rome easily an saved. Took a little tweaking at Deep Forest to get the most out of the Spoon especially in the twisty section. About 8x10 lap races later won the Yellow Spoon.

Then took my Olive Green Audi to race against other Audis and won 4 lovely coloured Audis.

Also won the Red Trueno, white Camaro SS and white Kompressor. Next up I want to win all the colours of the Acura RSX. Will be driving an Acura Integra type R to do so.

nice chioce of car gumpy :)
watch that nsx tho, its a screamer!!
I had to add a stage 1 to get enuff HP to keep up

Originally posted by ving
nice chioce of car gumpy :)
watch that nsx tho, its a screamer!!
I had to add a stage 1 to get enuff HP to keep up

I have already driven the Integra as that is what I used in Stars and Stripes. I actually like the handling and sound of it. I have the suspension upgrades. It is actually ok for an FF. I have been driving FFs for while now so am getting used to them again.

I know a lot of the tracks back to front now (lol well we do actually race them back to front half the time). R246 maye be a little tricky though. May have to play with the gears to get that NSX.

I didn't realise how many colours the S2000s come in until I looked last night. Between the Honda, Spoon and Mugen there are 18. I have one of each so I have 15 to get. I have one of the Acura RSX so there are 7 more of those. It is almost as hard to remember what to do with the mem cards to win all prize cars as it is to win the actual races.

At least after I have all the colours I can drive them.

My 3rd project will be interesting "All Mazda". How will the Demio go in the FF races? A Maximum of 272hp is ok though but it may be too light to handle it. I may even try that now as I know the pro FF series pretty well. Actually I still have the Amateur FF series to do to win the Celicas. Demio here I come.

never tried the demio and would be interested in knowing how it goes...

it doesnt halp to know that in Oz we call them mazda 121 metro hey gumpy :)
irl i think they couldnt suck more!

Originally posted by ving
never tried the demio and would be interested in knowing how it goes...

it doesnt halp to know that in Oz we call them mazda 121 metro hey gumpy :)
irl i think they couldnt suck more!

I think I would prefer to call them Demio and rely on the old saying "Ignorance is Bliss". I also like the sound of 272hp. It is around that sweet spot for FF cars. The Spoon does very nicely with 336hp on board.

Aaaargh!!! Just looked at the weight of the Demio. 960kg. Spoon is 820kg. Actually this may be ok in Amateur and may help the car make the most of the horsepower.

Here are my views on the Demio.

1. It handles like a charm.
2. As Big Kev would say I'm excited.

I have upgraded all non horsepower stuff and maxed out the NA hp upgrades so it is at 179hp. It wins the Amateur FF races by less than a second in my hands.

I reckon with the turbo that adds another 100hp it would give the pro series a good shake.

I have changed the gear settings to give it more top speed but other than that all settings are at default and it rocks. I would describe handling as neutral. Only occasionally do you have to drive it like an FF.

I have 3 of the 5 Celica TRD colours so far with it.

Ving you can have your Fiat and I will have my Demio. In the first race I was disappointed when the 5th lap finished. I forgot I was on the last lap and when I crossed the finish line "FINISH" came up on the screen and I said "Bugger, I was enjoying that". And I have never said that before. I also have 2 replays. 1 was a close race all the way. The second was where the AI cars spun me out and I caught up a 5 sec deficit.

All I can say is the Demio Rocks!!!

Back