Current progress reports

the zo6 :/

I feel dirty for using it but I've never had an F1 car so I wanna make sure i get it...

god I'm feeling lowly for it.. feel like i am cheating.
I tried using the elise but kept spinning out on the rumble strips then moved to the ruf 3400s, its about the same as the z06 but doeswnt handle quite as well.

I might have to restart so i dont commit silverside :P

Originally posted by ving
the zo6 :/

I feel dirty for using it but I've never had an F1 car so I wanna make sure i get it...

god I'm feeling lowly for it.. feel like i am cheating.
I tried using the elise but kept spinning out on the rumble strips then moved to the ruf 3400s, its about the same as the z06 but doeswnt handle quite as well.

I might have to restart so i dont commit silverside :P

I don't think using the Z06 is that bad. i found this series quite boring. Even driving a stock Z06 seems very slow. So if you survive you have done well.

er... ok.
but it seems so much faster than most of the others.

I'll stick to it.
the problem with completeing the series is time. I get 30-40 mins 3 mornings a week.. I only just completed the race this morning in time to goto work. I might have to get up earlier.
morinings are the only time i have... the rest of my time belong to work and my wife :lol:

My latest progress:

Won PD Cup again but still left 1 race. Restarted many times and was close to settling for a booby prize but then the black/white Pol001 came up which is what I was racing for. I now have all 001s.

Then did a few qualifying runs in the F1 series just to see how I would go. Times for completed, smooth laps were great ie on pole but any slip up and forget it. I obviously will need to be awake when I run this series.

I also did a few Time Attack runs. Got the Supra at Apricot Hill on second try. Was doing pretty well with Castrol Mugen NSX at Grand Valley.

However, I have decided not to do the Time Attack mode in this saved game. Now it would only give me a duplicate F1 car so I have decided to leave it.

When I restart I will do the Time Attack mode first so I can start racing with the Panoz.

So all up I have left to do is the Elise series (only 4 races needed as I did TM as a test and won) and the F1 series. oh and 1 race in the PD Cup.

gee this is gonna be slow going!! at this rate i will have finished the pd cup pro in 3 weeks time!!! :/

race 2, as i expected it was a mass slaghter. so much so that i didnt bother to take times or anything, suffice to say that i finish 1 lap ahead of all the field except the rx8 which i would have lapped if there was one more lap to the race.
I did put in some really solid laps tho.

strange thing hapens. at the start of the race there is a mad rush up the straight where i took 3 cars, then lost a place then gained 2 more the settled into 3rd for almost a lap where i gained a spot... by the end of the 1st tunnel/bridge on the 2nd lap i was in first and didnt look back. its funny how at the beginning they kept up then like magic disappeared :confused:

oh well, i might try for race 3 tomorrow. the main thing is that i get the f1 at the end. :)

well i am running t2 tires... maybe they are running t5-6 or sumfin as they tend to pit 3-4 times/race.

it suprises me how bad the evos go too :/

Ok here goes, my current progress report.
It's a little long but here goes. :D

Progress report.
Game stats.
Percentage complete - 70% (I think I’ve really motored through this save)
Win Ratio - 83% (Due to using an overpowered car and then quitting, or an underpowered car and loosing)
Licences acquired – S R 16 gold 30 silver and 2 bronze (all B gold)
Cars Owned – 55 (That was a shock, I thought that I had around 80 or so cars)
Total Mileage – 3791.0 (Another low stat)
Day – 321
Cash - 2,345,717

At the moment I’m sweeping up all those 10 race cups in amateur, initially with road cars of similar spec.
Amateur – All Japan GT Championship.
Ran with a Corvette Z06
Fully Cust Suspension
Sport Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Muffler
ECU Upgrade
NA Tune up level 1
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Full racing tranny
Race clutch, flywheel, LSD and carbon driveshaft
T3 Tyres (hard tyres/racing slick tyres)
Weight reduction Level 3
BHP before mileage and oil change 480, after 550
Setup
Spring Rate - 15.7 13.8
Ride Height - 86 86
Bound 7 4
Rebound 7 4
Camber 1.5 1.0
Toe -1.5 –1.0
Stabiliser 4 4
Brake Balance 18 18
Lsd Initial 10
Lsd Accel 40
Lsd Decrease 20
Gearing Auto 32 (I’m not too sure if I messed about with the individual ratios)
TCS ASM off
I’m not too sure why the car is toed in (is minus toe in?) like that. Maybe someone could help me with the set-up tips. Also the car tended to have fast tyre wear even with T3 (hard) tyres.
Won every race barring SSR11 because of dirty arse AI wanting to ram me at every possible moment.
Netted me an Arta NSX
Re-ran the cup with the Arta NSX stock and kicked the AI’s arse and cleared up R11. This got me another Arta NSX.
Amateur – GT All-stars.
Ran with a TVR Griffith 500
Fully Cust Suspension
Sport Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Muffler
ECU Upgrade
NA Tune up level 1
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Full racing tranny
T3 Tyres (hard tyres/racing slick tyres)
Weight reduction Level 3
BHP before mileage and oil change 450, current 497
Setup
Spring Rate – 14.0 12.0
Ride Height – 100 100
Bound 8 4
Rebound 8 4
Camber 2.0 1.0
Toe -1.0 –0.5
Stabiliser 4 4
Brake Balance 14 12
Lsd Initial 10
Lsd Accel 51
Lsd Decrease 30
Gearing Auto 30 (Same with this one I’m afraid, although maybe I’m just too lazy to post the ratios)
TCS ASM off
Ran this cup twice, the first time I didn’t get much hassle apart from the Arta NSX and the C5R until that had to pit. Won all the races barring test course, because I didn’t have any NA tune up barring 1 and because this car gets loads of wheelspin at the start. Won a raybrig NSX (woo hoo another NSX). Gave the car an oil change because it had hit the 300km mark and went back for another go, armed with NA tune- up stage 3. A little tougher this time having to fight off the Arta NSX, Denso Supra and on occasions Penzoil Skyline. Won everything barring R11 due to me messing up on cold tyres on the first lap and coming 4th. Guess what, I won another Raybrig NSX.
Repeated this championship twice again for the cash, using a Gillet vertigo and Astra touring car, both stock apart from Hard tyres.

Amateur – Tourist Trophy
Ran with a Bloomin Audi TT
Fully Cust Suspension
Sport Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Muffler
ECU Upgrade
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Spec 1, 2, 3 Turbo kits
Big Intercooler
Full racing tranny
T5 Tyres (mediums)
Weight reduction Level 3
VCD Controller
BHP at start of cup 300, after 1st race 250, then in the second race 230.
Setup
Spring Rate – 12.0 14.0
Ride Height – 100 100
Bound 6 7
Rebound 6 7
Camber 2.0 2.0
Toe -0.5 –0.5
Stabiliser 4 4
Brake Balance 12 12
Lsd Initial 10 10
Lsd Accel 30 30
Lsd Decrease 20 20
Gearing Auto 28
TCS ASM off
VCD 10% Front 90% rear (although I swear at times this changed when the car was oversteering too much during races)

First I ran the car on complex string a little to get the settings to my liking and managed a 4.50 something with the spec 2 turbo kit installed with about 316bhp. I decided to take that off and use the Spec 1 for the races.
With just 300bhp I managed to massacre the AI and was about 10 seconds ahead of 2nd place at seattle. So I unequipped the Muffler, turbo kit and intercooler for the standard ones, leaving me with about 250/60 bhp. SSR5 was a bit better although I was about 2 seconds ahead at the end of the race. So I decided to take off the Ecu going down to 230bhp. Trial mountain was a bit better with the AI catching me through the hills and then me leaving them for dust on the corners, same with rome and deep forest.
This got me a nice Black Audi S4, which I am going to keep for maybe the PD cup, or some other stock race.

That’s it I’m going to bed, somebody better read this.

My latest progress:

Not much really.

Last night my 2 year old son played stuntman at the playground at McDonalds so we spent over 5 hours at the hospital just to be told there was no permanent damage.

I managed to get in a qualifying test run in the Elise cup at Cote and was 2 secs out of pole. I stuffed up though as I was on T3 tires.

This morning I qualified on T7 tires and was on pole by 5 secs.

Went to T3 and T4 for the race and spun a couple of times and ended up quitting.

Setup is ok but brakes suck and grip sucks. Will need to keep at it though as after this series is won it is to the Formula GT series and winning 3 F1 cars.

Originally posted by gumpy
My latest progress:

Not much really.

Last night my 2 year old son played stuntman at the playground at McDonalds so we spent over 5 hours at the hospital just to be told there was no permanent damage.

no scrapes no scars no proof!!!
hope there are at least scars ;)

race 3 pd cup pro.
rome2 20 laps.
*sigh*
cant wait till i finish this series as its getting tedious. I mean like 20 laps is fun and i try to get reasonable times, but there is no competition at all.
I was having troubles for the first 2 laps (i could keep up with the lead tho) then the stag hit a wall (mild scrape) and dropped right back. it wasnt tires cause he only pitted 3 times. I think he was just pushing it too hard.

won by about a minute with lap times in the mid 1'30s.

Latest progress:

Elise Cup

Used der altas setup for the Trial Mountain race and won by about 3 secs.

Entered the series and ended up modifying the setup for Cote. Won by about 6 secs.

Radically modified the setup for Apricot Hill and decided mid race to pit because the front right looked like it was not going to last. I had to dice with the 190s and when the AI came out of the pits they were behind me by less than a second. By the end of the race I won by about 2 secs.

So 20 points in the bank and next to Deep Forest.

Well, last night I ran the GV race of the Pro Spyder/Roadster Cup in a full-tilt-boogie Mugen S2000. Started from 6th and the Griffith was all over me like stink on a monkey, but he threw it away about 8/10 through by pitting. I was on T3s and didn't pit but they were shot by the last lap - that Mugen S2000 sure eats the tires! The Viper was barely orange in that many laps on the same course. The little ZZS took second by being the only other car that didn't pit, and he went from 8+ seconds down to 4 seconds behind me on the last lap, thanks to my roasted tires.

Dropping this Cup race for the Vitz Pro tonight!

did race 4 of thr pd cup this morning.
20 laps of route 5 (one of my fav tracks).

all cars bar the rx8 lapped by 16th lap. lapped the rx8 on the end of lap 20.
lap times were pretty consistant at about 1'34.xx per lap.
asm and tcs as always set at 1 (helps stop too much wheel spin with the ds2 controller)

gained 1st place by the end of lap 1

never pitted. tires pretty shade of yellow by the end :)

First three races down on the Vitz Pro. I really wanted to do it all in one sitting but I was truthfully nodding off during the Test Course run, so after three races I'm 30 to 12 over the second place runner. I was about 1000m from lapping the field for the second time when I finished the race.

Latest progress:

Elise Cup is mine.

I won at Deep Forest at about 4th attempt mainly because AI kept bashing into me and causing me to spin. At this track I ended up using my FF driving strategy mainly because the Elise cars don't transfer weight easily, add acceleration to that and you spin so I coasted the twisty section and aimed for tarmac not rumble strips for the whole lap except for the final corner.

After DF the points were:

Me 30
MSE 16
MSE 14
Elise 190 9
Elise 190 6
Elise 190 3

I tried to qualify at Rome and almost got there but then I remembered that if you do not qualify there is a 190 on pole. So guess what if I do not qualify and quit out of the last 2 races then the most points the 190 would get from the last 2 races is 20 putting it on 29 points and the most an MSE can get is 12 putting it on 28.

So I quit the last 2 races and won by a point and won a Lightning Blue 190.

So I now have Rome II in the Elise Cup and Grand Valley Speedway II at the PD Cup and the whole Formula GT to do.

I wasn't ready to go to bed yet but wasn't ready to do any long races. So I went to B Licence to see if I can get gold so I can get the only unique car/color combination from the license tests.

Got gold on B1 and B2 but the Fiat is causing me probs (sorry Ving). No seriously I was getting a little tired and need more practice.

I then went to R246 in the Formula GT series to do some testing and struggled. I got on pole but it was not enough to grow any type of lead allowing me to pit more often than the AI. I think this has come from driving other cars for a while and I need to get back into the F1 for a while.

wher do you aim on the final corner of DF?

The quickest racing line.:lol:

It depends on whether you get it right or not and what car you are in.

In the Elise I cut the corner across the grass. I had to make sure my line was right as the wrong bump and the car would spin. In the race that I won I hit it 10 laps out of 10 and I needed to to gain on and overtake the AI cars. In this car I could not take that corner on tarmac quickly. I know I should fix the car setup and practice but I am finally getting to the point where I want this game to finish.

In other cars however, F1 especially tarmac is the way to go.

And I previously said in this thread that my son was cleared of any permanent damage after 5 hours at the hospital. Well 2 days later we get a call from the hospital and they say another doctor looked at the xrays and he has a broken wrist. My wife goes into the hospital and they show her the xrays and she sees the break straight away and she is not in the medical profession. So I can only assume the original doctor had a hard day when we were there.

:lol: across the grass! hehehe!!

btw i didnt thank you for the tip on the spec licence with the gt40... thanks to you saying "coast it" i got it on the 2nd go :)

Hey, sorry to hear about your boy! At least it was caught now, before it really starts to heal. Good luck!

Originally posted by neon_duke
Hey, sorry to hear about your boy! At least it was caught now, before it really starts to heal. Good luck!

Thanks buddy. He is fine now but the fact he went 36 hours with a broken arm with no treatment explained why he didn't go to sleep very well that night.

When I got home yesterday ie about 6 hours after he got the plaster on I asked my wife where he was. She said in our bathroom (ie ensuite). So I went in there and there he was flushing the toilet. My 1 year old girl was standing holding on to the toilet bowl watching the water in the bowl and my son was putting his good hand in the toilet. He loves cold water.

I said that is naughty and yucky and he laughed at me. I asked him if his arm hurt and he said yes but then cracked up laughing again so yeah we got it quick enough and he is now fine, cheeky and all.

On the one hand it sucks that the doctor didn't get it right on the night. But I guess it is good that another doctor (in this case it was the orthapaedic surgeon) reviewed the case and found the prob.

Thanks for your concern.

Well done Ving.

My latest progress:

1. Did final PD Cup race in a RUF.
2. Got gold in B3 and B4 license tests.
3. Bought 2 new memory cards.
4. Bought GTC and V8 Supercar Race Driver
5. Concluded V8...sucks - I had heard the physics engine was bad but #$#$^#^#^.
6. Got to 50% in GTC and got the 10,000,000cr for GT3. Now for 75%.

Still have 1 Elise race and the Formula GT left in GT3 (sim mode).

how did the ruf go in the pd cup? which ruf did you use...

could have saved you money if u'd asked me about v8 ubercar :/
played it, and yes it suxorz.

how did the ruf go in the pd cup? which ruf did you use...

could have saved you money if u'd asked me about v8 ubercar :/
played it, and yes it suxorz.

The PS2 is in use at the moment so I can't check which RUF it was. It was either the RGT or CTR2.

It was an easy win but I had to pit twice which is unusual in this series.

I hadn't driven this RUF much and it took a little while to get used to the handling.

I don't yet regret buying V8 Supercar.... I got it because I liked the variety of tracks (which I haven't unlocked yet). I can't believe though that most official reviews I have seen rave about the game.

I have made a little more progress in GT3. I won the Elise race at Rome II. I really struggled with this one. In the end I went back to default settings and came close but then got radical. Max ride height and min spring rate all round which improved it a little. I then reduced the from ride height by 25% and increased the front spring rate by 25%.

It was a very tough race. I was expecting one Elise 190 to pit on lap 9. I qualified in third place and lead the first 2 laps but then the MSEs got in front of me and one got up to a 6 sec lead.

I worked out that I was up to 2.5 secs slower in the first few sectors but 3-4 secs quicker in the final sector. The car that was dueling with me for second place really got annoying then on lap 8 I got a small lead on him and coming to the end of lap 9 I got to within about 1-1.5 secs of the first place MSE and guess what. He pitted. This must explain why I couldn't keep up he was on soft tires.

I ended up winning by about 2 secs from the other MSE. I saved the replay but haven't watched it yet. It should make good viewing though with all the position changes.

I now only have the F1s to worry about. I haven't yet started a new game and hopefully I won't until I finish the F1s. I want to do it but for some reason my test sessions have not gone well. I may use my old F1 at the R246 endurance race to have a long test.

Latest progress:

Game save 1 (96%) - Did some testing at R246 in the F1s and decided to stop mucking around and do the race. I split the gears ie 1-4 were for acceleration and 5&6 for top speed. Qualified on pole with 1:17.xxx. First half a lap was a tussle. Pitted every 5 laps with red tires all around. AI pitted every seven. Noticed that after my second pit on lap 10 and with the AI only pitting once I was only about 7 secs behind so I knew I had 18 laps to make up 7 secs. I was about 3 secs behind on lap 21 when the AI pitted again. Won by a handy margin. Fastest lap 1:14.334.

Game save 2 (not much) - Bought a PT Cruiser and smoked the first 2 races. Then I found something on the net and checked. Even though I only had 54% on my GTC save game I did have 10,000,000cr AND licenses to transfer so you don't need 75% completion to send licenses to GT3. I now have 2 saved games with all licenses and approx 10,000,000cr.

Spent 45-60 minutes last night lapping TMII trying to decide what to use in the PD Cup. I don't want a blowout victory but I want something that can win after the oil goes belly up.

Back