Custom Tracks in Career Mode (Fixed 1.22)

Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
This "issue" has been fixed in a hotfix released December 1st

Here is some documentation of the glitch prior to the patch...

Step one: make sure the track you want is a loop track, point to point still works but the race doesn't finish. Now drive around on your track from the test drive option in the garage, now exit test drive and go into the championship of your choosing.

Step two: start going through the championship, you can suspend it at any time you like. You may pick any championship in the game

Step three: suspend the championship and leave the game or turn off your PS3, you can suspend before or after the race

Step four: reload your game

Step five: shenanigans!

Now you can do this:
image.jpeg

Enjoy watching the computer flying off your massive jumps or a double file rolling start of gt3 cars on your road America replica track! Also you get payed in doing so!
Save all of your best replays because who knows how long this will last.

Thanks to @con360 and @tankuroded for helping me test this out and completing the guide!

Last edited:
I'll be trying this out once I get home. Good find. Don't tell anyone else though or PD will hot fix it, LOL

So far I have gotten it to work twice, once in a-spec and b-spec. I tried a few more times with different variables and now it doesn't appear to work for me anymore. (Good thing I saved all the replays) ;)
Try it out and tell me what you find.

Last edited:
I tried this last night, you can choose what track you want by driving it in Free Run from the Garage.

Then go to whatever championship you want a grid/lap count/payout from.
Suspend the championship on any race ( I got it to work on the three I tried, race 1, 2 and 5).
Restart GT.

Also, you can suspend before a race as that's what I was doing last night and it works fine :)

You can start point to point races, but can't end them unless the lap count for that race is 1 (which is impossible) and any scenery works :)

To be fair, PD would have caught it anyway and I doubt they will fix it with the next Hot fix.

Yes, let's post this on the site dedicated to the GT series and hope no one sees it. Great thinking.

I want people to know it exists so they can go see for themselves this feature. But I don't want anyone reporting this to good ol' kaz.

Seriously go use this and enjoy it while it lasts! :lol:

Last edited:
I just retested the glitch, and it seems that changing clock won't work either, actually, since on-track clock (and possibly weather) seems to be controlled by source event. :(

There are two tests I did yesterday:
Sierra: set to 16:30. Glitch applied to 550PP WTCC Race 1 (Grand Valley), time there is 11:10. When the championship is suspended and reloaded, the track's clock is now 11:10.
Eifel: set to 12:55 with 50% weather and surface wetness. Glitch applied to GTWC Race 1 (Bathurst, which allows for time/weather changes), time there is 10:30 and weather is sunny and dry. When the championship is suspended and reloaded, the track's clock and weather is 10:30 and sunny/dry.

I just retested the glitch, and it seems that changing clock won't work either, actually, since on-track clock (and possibly weather) seems to be controlled by source event. :(

There are two tests I did yesterday:
Sierra: set to 16:30. Glitch applied to 550PP WTCC Race 1 (Grand Valley), time there is 11:10. When the championship is suspended and reloaded, the track's clock is now 11:10.
Eifel: set to 12:55 with 50% weather and surface wetness. Glitch applied to GTWC Race 1 (Bathurst, which allows for time/weather changes), time there is 10:30 and weather is sunny and dry. When the championship is suspended and reloaded, the track's clock and weather is 10:30 and sunny/dry.

I'll update then.

Just tried this in the RB Standard Championship and it worked, on all five races. As long as you suspend the championship before every race, it'll just keep reloading the same track every time. Man, Death Valley is BRIGHT at 10am!

Currently doing GT World Championship on Singapore GP!

Anyways, some observations:

1. You can choose any of the starting cam by suspending the championship on the selected tracks.

Want to see Barthurst style starting cam? Suspend on that. Suzuka? Also that. And so on.

2. You can only do this on one track per championship. But you can do it continuously. Entire championships consists on Singapore GP's with a different starting cams? Not a problem.

3. Date, Time, and weather are carried over from original locations. Best of all, you can bypass the limit. Which means Night races or weather on Death Valley? You can!

- Death Valley has absolutely no lighting but Flash Camera.
- Eifel has the Pit Building lit up and nothing else.
- Andalusia has houses, cities, bar, Pit lane, and Start line lit up. It was amazing though bit more lighting on the road make it even more amazing.

4. At first suspension every championship, youll be greeted with the server not connected message.

5. Yes, B Spec WORKS!

6. THIS BUG IS AMAZING!

Last edited:
2. You can only do this on one track per championship. But you can do it continuously. Entire championships consists on Singapore GP's with a different starting cams? Not a problem.
Not only that, but if you start another championship it'll keep going. Apparently, any time you suspend and restart a championship it'll swap out the last user made track that you test drove.

3. Date, Time, and weather are carried over from original locations. Best of all, you can bypass the limit. Which means Night races or weather on Death Valley? You can!

Unfortunately, headlights don't really work that well when you do this. The only race I could find that was in complete darkness was in one of the Kart championships at Kart Space, which is set for 10pm or midnight. I did it on an Eifel track and the only light was from the pits, the green light on the starting gate, and the occasional camera flash from the stands.

Not only that, but if you start another championship it'll keep going. Apparently, any time you suspend and restart a championship it'll swap out the last user made track that you test drove.

Unfortunately, headlights don't really work that well when you do this. The only race I could find that was in complete darkness was in one of the Kart championships at Kart Space, which is set for 10pm or midnight. I did it on an Eifel track and the only light was from the pits, the green light on the starting gate, and the occasional camera flash from the stands.
I just updated above post about whats lit up when night. Enjoy :)

Good find.
An authentic glitch in the game - not just a hack. As exciting as breaking through the barriers and getting into the forbidden infield. Hope I get to try this before PD catches on and locks us out. :lol:

Currently doing GT World Championship on Singapore GP!

Anyways, some observations:

1. You can choose any of the starting cam by suspending the championship on the selected tracks.

Want to see Barthurst style starting cam? Suspend on that. Suzuka? Also that. And so on.

- Death Valley has absolutely no lighting but Flash Camera.
- Eifel has the Pit Building lit up and nothing else.
- Andalusia has houses, cities, bar, Pit lane, and Start line lit up. It was amazing though bit more lighting on the road make it even more amazing.

4. At first suspension every championship, youll be greeted with the server not connected message.

5. Yes, B Spec WORKS!

6. THIS BUG IS AMAZING!

What event did you use to make it night at Andalucia? :confused:

I tried this out in the Red Bull Standard Championship with my RRVS (alt) track.

I did have to do the Silverstone race as it doesn't load my track for the first race, but after that suspending for each concurrent race with a quit/restart of the game it would load my track, 4x 3 minute easy races only needing to brake for turn 2 and lift a little for turn 6-7 all done. 👍

Very easy Cr. Very funny shenanigans! :D

Last edited:
I tried this out in the Red Bull Standard Championship with my RRVS (alt) track.

I did have to do the Silverstone race as it doesn't load my track for the first race, but after that suspending for each concurrent race with a quit/restart of the game it would load my track, 4x 3 minute easy races only needing to brake for turn 2 and lift a little for turn 6-7 all done. 👍

Very easy Cr. Very funny shenanigans! :D
I'll be doing that then. :cheers:
Never felt like completing that till now

Back