CyberPunk 2077

Done some research on this game expecting it to have a prequel as it's such a big deal and the hype is so big but I can only find a book/ boardgame :/

Is there something I'm missing? Was there even a cyberpunk (1)?

Game looks good, will definitely pick it up when its cheaper down the line or for ps5 when I eventually get one.
The game is based on Cyberpunk 2020, which is a pen and paper RPG developed by Mike Pondsmith back in 1988. Cyberpunk Red came out recently, another pen and paper RPG developed by Pondsmith and his company, based on year 2045. Cyberpunk 2077 development was in collaboration with Mike Pondsmith and they also coordinated the story with recently released Cyberpunk Red.

Nope no prequel, but there has been a fair bit of marketing. The same studio developed Witcher 3 and there is a lot of hype for this game.

Ah didnt know it was the same people who made witcher 3, I get the hype now!.

The game is based on Cyberpunk 2020, which is a pen and paper RPG developed by Mike Pondsmith back in 1988. Cyberpunk Red came out recently, another pen and paper RPG developed by Pondsmith and his company, based on year 2045. Cyberpunk 2077 development was in collaboration with Mike Pondsmith and they also coordinated the story with recently released Cyberpunk Red.

Thank you! Didnt know there was such thing as a pen and paper RPG!

Looking forward to this, with the lack of a new GTA I am still looking forward to a good open living world to explore, this looks like it could be the one.

Done some research on this game expecting it to have a prequel as it's such a big deal and the hype is so big but I can only find a book/ boardgame :/

Game looks good, will definitely pick it up when its cheaper down the line or for ps5 when I eventually get one.

You mean you haven't played Cyberpunk 1 to 2076 yet...?

Have read a few early impressions today.
Seems positive overall, as long as you expect a Witcher type RPG and not a Bethesda style one.
Story and writing seems to be great, gun play and driving seems good as well. The streets do seem a bit empty, but maybe that’s only an issue on consoles.

Overall, hype levels are increasing. Decided to cancel my physical copy and go digital, again...

Watched some free-roam leaked footage running on PS5. Buttery smooth 60fps and that is without a Day 1 patch yet.
It does feel like the streets are a bit empty in terms of NPCs (cars are ok), so I hope they can dial it up a notch, at least in the next-gen patch, if not sooner.

Overall, I'm sure I'll be happy playing it on PS5 (and I think PS4 Pro/XSX/XOX owners will be pleased as well). I was a bit worried about not going PC route, but not anymore.

Watched some free-roam leaked footage running on PS5. Buttery smooth 60fps and that is without a Day 1 patch yet.
It does feel like the streets are a bit empty in terms of NPCs (cars are ok), so I hope they can dial it up a notch, at least in the next-gen patch, if not sooner.

Overall, I'm sure I'll be happy playing it on PS5 (and I think PS4 Pro/XSX/XOX owners will be pleased as well). I was a bit worried about not going PC route, but not anymore.
I'm seriously thinking i'm going to play on PS 5 and PC, be a street kid on one and a nomad on the other.
This is the most anticipated/hyped game that has come along in years, all the reviews are nothing short of great,with over 200 game awards.

"Night City changes every body"

Last edited:
Looks like playing through main quest line on easy is going to take about 20-25 hours. Probably add 5-10 hours on higher difficulty. I’m guessing another 20-30 hours of side content? Anyway, just a guess at this point, but probably in the right ballpark for the main quest.

Looks like playing through main quest line on easy is going to take about 20-25 hours. Probably add 5-10 hours on higher difficulty. I’m guessing another 20-30 hours of side content? Anyway, just a guess at this point, but probably in the right ballpark for the main quest.
Well, i'm following some of the game developers on twitter, and one of them said he's at 175 hours played so far on hard difficulty and he's no where near finished but he is taking his time and checking everything out as he goes along.
And another guy played 16 hours straight hours and said he felt like he's just barely scratching the surface.
The level of detail in Night City is supposedly like nothing that's ever been seen before, i'm hyped! :)

I would take a developer saying they're on 175hrs and nowhere near finished with a grain of salt. Ultimately these games can take as long as you want them to, but most people will probably prioritise the main quest.

Originally I was going to wait until I got the PS5, but it doesn’t seem like I’ll get one any time soon. So I pre-ordered it for my base ps4, not sure how it will look or run but I’m at peak hype after watching hours and hours of lore videos.

I haven’t been this excited for a game for a long time, the fact that the “game journalists” at Kotaku are hating on it already makes me want to buy more than one copy.

Last edited:
Originally I was going to wait until I got the PS5, but it doesn’t seem like I’ll get one any time soon. So I pre-ordered it for my base ps4, not sure how it will look or run but I’m at peak hype after watching hours and hours of lore videos.

I haven’t been this excited for a game for a long time, the fact that the “game journalists” at Kotaku are hating on it already makes me want to buy more than one copy.
Oh why are they hating it?

Oh why are they hating it?
I’m not sure which article is being referred above, but I’m probably guessing what journalists are hating on is not the game (don’t think most outlets in the US have review codes yet), but the company and its culture. Things like crunch culture, treatment of LGBTQ+ issues, the marketing campaign, etc.

Not all of it is unique to CDPR, but it does have a bit a of godly status among some of the gaming community and seems like any criticism is met with a lot of resistance. I do have to say I’ve been caught up in the hype wave myself. Reflecting on it a bit, I have to say that it’s possible to be excited about the game, while still not dismissing other issues related to the company making it and the way they operate.

I’m not sure which article is being referred above, but I’m probably guessing what journalists are hating on is not the game (don’t think most outlets in the US have review codes yet), but the company and its culture. Things like crunch culture, treatment of LGBTQ+ issues, the marketing campaign, etc.

Not all of it is unique to CDPR, but it does have a bit a of godly status among some of the gaming community and seems like any criticism is met with a lot of resistance. I do have to say I’ve been caught up in the hype wave myself. Reflecting on it a bit, I have to say that it’s possible to be excited about the game, while still not dismissing other issues related to the company making it and the way they operate.
I see, yeah i agree. Too bad for that though.

I see, yeah i agree. Oh well it is too bad although im not much into politics.

Been looking forward to this since the first trailer back in 2013.
Since then only allowed myself a view snippets of new info here and there, to not overly hype myself.

Just pre-loaded the game.
And you can even start it:

CP_2077.PNG

Last edited:

Seems like the game is quite buggy?

Is this why they said they'll do copyright takedowns if people upload and stream before the release date so that first impressions are with the day one patch?

Reading the reviews, I would say it’s kind of what I figured it would be, with some better and some worse points:

- Plenty of bugs that will probably take a number of patches. Some seem pretty jarring and can take you of the moment completely.
- Jack of all trades in terms of gameplay. Doesn’t quite reach Deus Ex or Dishonored type of stealth gameplay, is not quite Forza in driving, or as good as your typical FPS, but it does all of those things well enough, when it works.
- Is not a typical RPG, but similar to Witcher in how it works.
- Has plenty of exciting moments
- Is not as edgy as the marketing, but still feels a bit stuck in the past
- Lots of focus on sex and by the same token doesn’t address any of the issues with trans representation.
- Seems like the early estimates about 20 hour main campaign are about right, but there is plenty of side content
- Speaking of side missions, as was the case in Witcher, some of them are of very high quality
- Multiple endings that do seem to be impactful
- Choices and their consequences are frequently not clear, which can result in high replayability
- There is enough variety in how missions can be handled
- Seems like how Johnny Silverhand behaves is affected through Vs actions in main mission, but it seems like his behavior in side missions doesn’t get affected

Overall, I think with patches the game will be able to deliver on its promises gameplay wise, but the way the story and other things are handled is going to depend on what you make of it.

Wauw, so the video review on IGN is only with provided footage by CDPR. So still no gameplay from actual playing it.

getting a bit tired of the hype building without showing the real game....

Lets go... I have successfully avoided any discussion/Spoilers to do with the game other than a few comments saying its slightly buggy. Oh well The Witcher 3:TWH was a bit buggy at launch and we all know how that turned out. CDPR is one of the few developers i would trust in investing in a game and it getting support, Content and Fixes post release. So im not that nervous about it.
WCmvSLs.png

The pen and paper game is what the lore of the CDPR game is based on and it plays similar to dungeons and dragons.

Last edited:
Man. After seeing the stream that leaked a few days ago this game looks so damn buggy I'm surprised it isn't made by Bethesda. I really hope the day 1 patch fixes the issues I saw but wow the city also looked dead. Barely any traffic or people around..... I was super pumped and was ready to pick this up on release day but I think I'll wait a bit now.

Man. After seeing the stream that leaked a few days ago this game looks so damn buggy I'm surprised it isn't made by Bethesda. I really hope the day 1 patch fixes the issues I saw but wow the city also looked dead. Barely any traffic or people around..... I was super pumped and was ready to pick this up on release day but I think I'll wait a bit now.
Much of the early or leaked footage is pre-patched version of the game. There is a ~45GB day one patch, which will hopefully iron out some of the major bugs.

I expect bugs here and there during the first few days/ weeks, but nothing usual or game breaking. Like the post above mentions, look at any Bethesda game at launch. That's never stopped those games from turning out good, so I am not worried about Cyberpunk. Edit: Realize you also mention Bethesda, somehow I missed that. 💡

Last edited:
Much of the early or leaked footage is pre-patched version of the game. There is a ~45GB day one patch, which will hopefully iron out some of the major bugs.

I expect bugs here and there during the first few days/ weeks, but nothing usual or game breaking. Like the post above mentions, look at any Bethesda game at launch. That's never stopped those games from turning out good, so I am not worried about Cyberpunk.
I'm really hoping that day 1 patch does fix a lot of things. That whole not allowing reviewers use their own footage in their reviews definitely raises some questions. Even after their versions have received the day 1 patches. I'm not bashing the game. I just want this game to be good and have been hyped for this genre of game for way too long for this to be bad.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back