D-Max's GTP Drift Matsuri (Next Meet Inside!)

• Thread starter ps3dan101
  • 688 comments
Picture time!
8/12/12

EigerNordwandShortTrack_10.jpg

The Aristo looks absolutely out of this world in this picture....

It was being fun untill the last time, when we decided to take a picture.

Minutes before the room get open, i rushed myself on get a fairly old rwd car, that would have a "missle" feeling, because my profile is new, i don't have much cars. Best car i could find was a Volvo 240, i've tuned it, painted it black, and joined the Matsuri room.

Nobody said a thing about it, untill the picture time. It was Nurburgring, photo location chosen was the Karroussel, people were parking there, even me, then i read:

Volvo and the chrome car, out. Only japanese cars in the photo. I got like... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Seriously? Yes, it was serious. I mean, it is something irrelevant? Yes, but please, want to play "real japanese matsuri" on the most famous corner of Nurburgring, which surprise! It is in Germany! For real?

Also, not even a chrome car is nowadays that expensive... how much to wrap your car with a chrome sticker? Not to mention, just because it became a trend of rich people paint their exotics chrome doesn't means it is that expensive to do so. I am sure that wrap a car in chrome would cost less than any set of sky blue Volk TE37's R18!

Then, they told me to go on, away from the scenery... really, i wanted finish the race before they park on the straight again, i really wanted, but luckly, i chosed to be mature about it and let it go, just waited everyone do their things, and when they finished, i crossed the line.

That event really was frustrating and ruined it for me, which will make me think twice before join it next time.

[/rant]

Kinda messed up actually. But wrapping a car is quite expensive. You're looking at about $2-4k depending on car/car etc.

Tisk risk dmax.

Minutes before the room get open, i rushed myself on get a fairly old rwd car, that would have a "missle" feeling, because my profile is new, i don't have much cars. Best car i could find was a Volvo 240, i've tuned it, painted it black, and joined the Matsuri room.

Nobody said a thing about it, untill the picture time. It was Nurburgring, photo location chosen was the Karroussel, people were parking there, even me, then i read:

Volvo and the chrome car, out. Only japanese cars in the photo. I got like... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Seriously? Yes, it was serious. I mean, it is something irrelevant? Yes, but please, want to play "real japanese matsuri" on the most famous corner of Nurburgring, which surprise! It is in Germany! For real?

Yeah, I gotta say it was stupid of Chris to act like that. You have a very good point about it being in Germany!

I hope the next Matsuri turns out better. I dont think anybody should be left out of a picture session, and the session wasnt organized enough to be called a picture session in my opinion.

It was just a set-up for a themed photo for cool, jdm missile style cars for a cool shot in a scenic location.

A chrome S14 or a huge Volvo would have completely ruined any image of the whole group!

Call it photographer's-eye if you will.

We were enforcing a JDM only rule throughout the meet you may have noticed.

I chose Nurb for the photo due to it's superb sunset lighting and smooth banked curve of the karroussel.

Going to see what I can get from the replay tomorrow.

Doesn't really matter, you could do one or two photo with your "theme" and then with everyone.

Well, whatever, what is done, is done.

It was terribly organised! Aha! I left out of boredom/fustration :P
Shame on you chris :lol:
The pictures will look good though, I agree with Frag, sunset/sunrise give out the best lighting so the pictures from what he can hopefully gather should look nice

It was terribly organised!

How the hell was

"All go to the Karrousell." And then "All park on the concrete in a line behind me." un-organised?!?!?!

People really seem to forget how to think and drive when it comes to parking up XD

Kinda messed up actually. But wrapping a car is quite expensive. You're looking at about $2-4k depending on car/car etc.

Tisk risk dmax.

Really, that much to wrap a car??? Maybe if you pay a shop to do it, and you pay a premium price.

My boss just wrapped his '04 Audi S4 in flat black and flat green over the summer, and did the whole thing for about $1200 bucks. Granted, he is friends with a guy who does vinal and wraps cars for a living, but still....$4k sounds a little steep to me

Here are some pics from the matsuri I last participated in. Sorry they are so late

8304680609_0bc6143977.jpg

8304672871_601e05f723.jpg

8305706990_c29e044762.jpg

8305702272_ea24a179ca.jpg

8304635319_b35a4b3eca.jpg

8304604013_9250ec1a55.jpg

Hope you like them 👍

If anyone holds another one, I'd like to get added. I'm new to GT5, I've been drifting on Forza for 3-4 years now. That's gotten pretty old. Same 4 tracks... anywho, I'd like to get added and see what this is all about.

Back