"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got called a ****** moron by someone after a race, but according to my replay, the sequence of events was they lost control in front of me, which made them suddenly slow down, as a sideways car will do that, and that sudden slowdown caused me to hit them and they went flying off the track. The game didn't give me a penalty, so I guess it agreed with my version of events, but maybe there was a lag effect that meant from his PoV my car hit him and that was what sent him out of control? It's like a time travel paradox thing.

ghUTQx8.jpg

F1O3TL8.jpg

udljGaf.jpg

lPcBkxf.jpg

X5yHHlQ.jpg

That's me done for the week. Exclusively racing at la Sarthe, as I avoid single make races, and I suck in open wheelers. The last race was looking like another top 5 finish, until a certain Momoz91 happened, and landed me (and a couple more people) with 5 second pens.

DR is up to it's highest ever point. 23,293. Two wins, a 2nd, and two 3rds.

Pretty successful week.

It was great to race with you again last night, it had been a while, well done. :cheers:

Also, you can now change your PSN name, it’s free to do once and $5 for each time after that. :)

I did some quick testing on Dragon Trail Gardens, there were a couple surprises in there. One being the Ferrari, it’s fast but tricky to control. The big one being the NSX, it has power AND it turns. :)

Edit: Scratch that comment about the Honda, it had medium tires on it. I knew something was fishy there, it’s never that fast. :lol:

The list is now corrected with the Honda in its proper place. :)
View attachment 822089
View attachment 822073 View attachment 822074 View attachment 822075 View attachment 822076 View attachment 822077 View attachment 822078 View attachment 822079 View attachment 822081 View attachment 822082
View attachment 822088
Why isn't there any love for the GT by Citroen Group 4? That car is horribly underrated in it's performance.

Oh it's gardens next week. I thought it was Seaside. That frees me up to concentrate on Monza only. Don't like the gardens all that much, nor GR.4. Back to Sarthe for now, see how many cars I can still drive tonight. Starting with the Vette. There should be an auto shuffle mode for daily races, surprise me! :)

First race, no good, bunch of laggy bumpers. SR Down x 3, -7 SR to 92. Corvette can't evade fast enough. Not that losing SR matters right now with Monza coming up :lol:

Last edited:
Erm wtf. I'm doing the Manufacturer's race at N24 and it's a 🤬 show and the race still hasn't started.

First practice, fine all good, medium tires great, not a bad lap.
Warm-up, pointless.
Qualifying, ugh what's happening to my tires, I can hardly complete the out lap, 19x tire wear wtf!
Ok after lap 1 I pit to switch to hard tires, great another out lap, but as the 15 minute qualy timer is done it adds another 12 minutes. Sweet I can actually qualify. Not, when I cross the finish I'm locked out with almost 9 minutes to go. That would have been plenty to set a lap.

The race is only 2 laps as well, wth. Oh well, I'm used to starting last, can't even qualify if I want to :lol: Looks like I'm starting 18th of 19. Weren't there 24 players in FIA races at some point? (This is my first one this year)

Movie time now, final, oh great the whole slow line up viewing is still there, yawn!
wOvd.jpg

Yeah yeah, let's go!

Not a great start. Car in front of me loses control, I avoid, yet apparently that tiny kink on the left just after the first chicane counts as a short cut, 0.5 sec to serve at the start of the long straight There are penalty zone markers before Dunlop but they don't work.

Then the bump fest begins. I get bumped off 3 times, not one penalty issued to the bumpers. Oh well, after Flugplatz it clears up as usual. I get stuck behind traffic a couple times and my gap to the leader increases to 21.8 seconds before I get some room to press the gas.

I close the gap to 17.3 sec before I get stuck behind 3 cars holding each other up. After serving the penalty and avoiding traffic at the end of the straight I'm just over 20 sec behind the leader again. I go from 8th to 7th at the pit, one lone car decided to make a stop (plenty fuel) Actually nope, back to 8th. It was 2nd place making a pit stop, coming out of the pit in front of me.

I start gaining on the leader again to 18.8 sec behind but get stuck behind another car until I can make a pass at Ex-Muhle (at the fast up-hill right just after the bridge thingie) increasing the gap back to 21.5 sec. I make up a few more places and finish 4th, 18.9 sec behind the winner. I could have won that race if I had not screwed up qualifying doh.
yOvd.jpg

There it is, my first and probably last FIA race this year. My poor paint job, punted into the side barriers.
There is a one make, 3 lap Supra race next saturday on N24 if you want to get your competitive juices flowing. Only one shot though. May I suggest you try to get your DR and SR as high as possible so that you race te toughest competition.

Why isn't there any love for the GT by Citroen Group 4? That car is horribly underrated in it's performance.
That's cockpit view. 👎 If it was more like the little Peugeot VGT, I'd use it. Not a fan of the Citroen's bonnet/roof cam.

Well I went all in on race A qual, but could not make top ten at weeks end...
Well, what about racing? Racing? What’s that? Strung out like a research monkey after long work days wasn’t helping my speedster addiction taking me long into the night. Yes, imo the car is worth every penny. I exhaustively tested it, and it’s a new favorite. I like it better than the Alpine a110, which is one of my favorite cars ever (first car I ever did an online race in).
I decided to give some racing a go on a Sunday, since it was my only time this week really where I had a fresh mind...
Yes, in my lofty I was not pole position. Lol. There was an American farming wins for his a plus running I kid you not 58.60 IN RACE!
Kudos sir, especially if you are a wheel user. I crashed myself out lap two of the first race after he purposely ghosted on start to let me by. I think he just wanted a race lol. I didn’t provide it though after pushing and bottoming out the suspension left front after Paddock Hill Bend on the curb. Good night. It ain’t easy going three cars tight through there at 85 mph lol.
The second race I also crashed myself out, as I learned that the curbs are not as easily taken in the online race as they are in qual...
3rd fourth and fifth races went much better as I went 4-3-2.
The grip on the inside of the hairpin is sick in race. Nothing like qual. I ran inside every time and was just FLYING through man what a kick!
Did I mention how awesome cool that car is? I’d pay four million credits for that machine. So engaging to drive. Abs off works sweet!
Last race I was pole position against a weak lobby. I worsened the situation by getting screwed by the game on start and my mistake and getting overrun by half the field before t1, wtf was tcs on when I already turned it off and wtf was I doing in second...hmmm...
No problem since they were all drifting instead of racing and back to fourth by final turn lap one rofl.
No I didn’t touch anyone..lmao
1-3 had not gotten away and I could tell were ripe for the taking which prompted some inexperienced racer to punt me with a drifting dive bomb t1, probably unintentional...
Lol I am done. I was hoping for more good races, but I dunno either people left or my sr at 91 was too low...
I took a penalty this week for the first time in ages. I had crashed out, and punted the guy in next to last t1 accidentally when he turned into me in the middle of Paddock Hill Bend. I stopped and let him go by before turn one. I’m not that guy who makes a mistake and punishes others for it. My rating got crushed, but who wants to be that guy.
Net for me is dr and sr both down around 1-2 thousand after last race when I was up a bit after my second in race four...Getting frustrated sometimes is part of any competition, and it’s like any competition. You cant win em all.
I had fun in game this week. Phenomenally challenging combo on race A. Racing that combo running adapted lines in traffic in that car...Wow. Whipping that thing around inside a grippy hairpin in race? Man AMAZING feeling in that car on wheel when you start to drive it right...
Good luck next week! I’m not sure if I can stomach gr4 Gardens.
COME ON PD! WHERES SUZUKA?

For cry out loud thank god in few hours will be new daily race. This week Race B and Race C were undriveable due to crashes and bump all over the course. I only used only 1 PSN account to participated the races. And surely enough I lost DR and SR point more than I gain. But I did had fun despite the crazy outcome.

In the end the Supra was most satisfying to drive on Sarthe. It's not the fastest, but the best to drive from the back. SR was tough to keep on Sarthe, but ending the week with a solid 99 SR feels good after dropping to 8 last Monday. My DR settled on 17K after recovering from the reset. The last couple races had me alternating between the 'slow' (B/S to D/S) and fast room (A+/S to B/S). In the lower DR room I would finish top 5 and gain DR, then get in the fast room and not make up that many spots and lose some DR.

Finishing without a red dot is goal nr.1. Clean race bonus even better. Hopefully Sarthe has prepared enough people to make Monza possible tomorrow. Monza is really just a mini version of Sarthe imo :)

Fun week!

Fun fact: PD can only ban/delete decals from your collection. If you've already applied them to your cars, apparently they can't do much about that.

I don't upload decals. I add the one's other people upload to my collection. I found some a couple weeks ago that were, umm, not exactly the most tasteful, now they are gone from my collection and there's just yellow triangles in their place. I had already applied them to my Gr.4 Mustang, and they are still on the car.

I didn't know it works like that.
If you go back into the livery editor with the car with the deleted decals on, you will find that they will then disappear - you get a message saying that some items have been removed.

Fun fact: PD can only ban/delete decals from your collection. If you've already applied them to your cars, apparently they can't do much about that.

I don't upload decals. I add the one's other people upload to my collection. I found some a couple weeks ago that were, umm, not exactly the most tasteful, now they are gone from my collection and there's just yellow triangles in their place. I had already applied them to my Gr.4 Mustang, and they are still on the car.

I didn't know it works like that.

i found out the hard way. I went through a phase of creating decals and one theme i did was Tarantino films... anyway Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were fine, but i earned myself a 7 day ban for posting an Inglorious Basterds decal! Complete ban... unable to log in to my PSN account and play anything not just GTS - anyway, that's what prompted me to create my 2nd account - in your face PD!

Might qualify tomorrow. The races seem pretty tame. All is well at the back, with players giving room. The Subaru is safe. Huracan pulls away, but not by much if I get a good exit. Alfa Megane is silly. The thing is just fast in a straight line. If I pull 6th, I'll probably end up on top of that mountain in the background.

D6_pvPEV4AEkzd2.jpg

D6_t5OzVUAI6nUd.jpg

Shame, didn't get a chance to have one last fling with Le Mans. Didn't race on it as much as I wanted to this week. Still thought I had more to give and gain, but I guess the phrase 'always leave them wanting more' applies here.

Might not get on this week until Wednesday/Thursday. It might just be a Race C week for me, shock horror. I'll probably give the mighty TT a spin around the gardens but I reckon my fun will be Monza, probably in the GT-R. It's been a bit of a barge recently but I know I've been good with it there in the past. So we'll see. Maybe I'll take the Aston out again as I enjoyed that last week around France.

I'm also fancying Monza this week. Tsukuba (again!!) in the N400s could be a bun fight making it very hard to maintain any SR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back