"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Atenza did good. Stayed with the fast cars. No drama.
EGJGpQSU8AA1--7

EGJGxOEVUAgGmFw

It's a feature. If you keep GTS in the background during the time the pre-race countdown ends and the cars are put on track, your car will not move in auto-drive and cause a standing start from your position onwards :lol:
Is that why at the end of the race multiple people said "Cheaters"? Most of the cars in position 1-7 were from one country known for driving dirty.
Edit: Someone also said "Everyone report the cheaters" after the race finished. Cars 1-7 had a 30 second lead in the end. I saved the replay and will share when I figure out how.

Last edited:
Coming up on the penalty zone a car with penalty wouldn't move off the racing line and the flashing yellow perfectly obscured/blended with the 200 distance marker. So by the time I spotted a distance marker it said 150 on it.
Did I make that guy waving the flag flinch?

In the first lap it's the worst, I found myself not looking at the track and cars and only looking in the sky for way too much time. I just assume every cars in front are ethier ghost or too far.

Just now in race C, Tokyo... When the cars started auto drive they all went forward a few feet then cars 8-14 stopped. Cars 1-7 continued as the timer counted down to the start. Cars 1-7 got a head start. Glitch or feature?
I've seen this before in an FIA race as well. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-race-discussion.376323/page-19#post-12882110

The driver was a member here and they replied apologizing for it and explained that they were playing on university wifi. Start of the race their signal dropped to grey bars and then the same stopped start happened. They provide some more details in the thread around what it looks like from their perspective.

So may not be intentional in your case, but if so that's Halo 3 lag switching levels of dirty.

Into the 2:08s on my optimum for St. Croix next week. Looking forward to seeing how many people try to go side by side through the right hander before the turn on to the bridge.
Answer: all of them

Tried this week's dailies, that's two hours I'm never getting back. I floundered around at Tokyo and fell so far behind that my SR didn't take a hit. The Megane is an understeering turd like its obese twin the Captur, and my sticky brake pedal reared its head when I took the Super Bee for a spin. Ugh, Monday can't come soon enough.

Wet conditions are awful as it turns out. I think Project Cars handles the physics much better in low grip conditions; at least you can drive out of the corners... In this game, the amount of wheelspin you get is just insane. Especially out of the last hairpin. I couldn't even drive the Ferrari 458 out of the corner unless I turned traction control up to 3. The AMG GT isn't much better but I'm more confident with front-engined cars. I couldn't get my qualifying time below a 2:17, but I was able to set better times in the race. I started 4th in the first race, and that's where I ended up. I took the Mercedes out next and couldn't improve my qualifying time. I started in 14th and things got rather hectic at the back. I got up to 8th at one point but that wasn't to last. I can barely remember what happened as after two races, I had a headache. That's how hard it is to drive in the wet conditions because you constantly need to think about throttle and steering input. More than I've ever had to before. It was miserable but in Race B, I managed to get a best result of second in the Mustang. That was after several attempts though.

Is that why at the end of the race multiple people said "Cheaters"? Most of the cars in position 1-7 were from one country known for driving dirty.

I kinda want to see what happens when pole forces a standing start for everyone. However I don't qualify so no chance of doing that. Standing start on Tokyo would be fun to watch and might top a standing start on Monza :lol:

Ok, sorry about making generalizations in this PC world we have today, but you could have left my clean race in place :)
nC5gKnv.jpg

Had 2 more after that, in a row even. Unfortunately the mixed SR room this morning quickly reset my 'streak'

Last edited:
Also, I'm probably in a small group of drivers that hates driving on Mount Panorama. I have never been good at the track and I'm honestly lost on it. Turn 1, Griffin's Bend, and The Chase are the only portions of the track that I'm decent at. Everywhere else is a massive problem for me. I have no idea how to attack any other part of the track, especially if I switch drive different cars on it. Then I always feel like I'm fighting the car from spinning out during the Skyline, esses, and Dipper section because if I go slow I lose time, but if I push hard, I have a hard time keeping the car under control. This issue isn't exclusive to GT Sport, I have this issue on any other sim with Bathurst in the game.

As frustrated as I may seem, simracing makes me happy and keeps my mind in peace. I love driving and competing and this combination of both is amazing.
Most of Bathurst is blind corners and most of them you can't see the apex when you turn in. Once you learn other features to guide your braking/turn in/aim points, the track makes a lot more sense.
Also, pay attention to how your car handles the kerbs on this track. If it gets unsettled, it's best to take a slightly more conservative line, your corner exit speeds will improve dramatically.

Into the 2:08s on my optimum for St. Croix next week. Looking forward to seeing how many people try to go side by side through the right hander before the turn on to the bridge.
That turn will be a contender to earn the name "Essar Drop," followed by the turn at the end of the bridge, and the almost-hairpin at the back straights.

Most of Bathurst is blind corners and most of them you can't see the apex when you turn in. Once you learn other features to guide your braking/turn in/aim points, the track makes a lot more sense.
Also, pay attention to how your car handles the kerbs on this track. If it gets unsettled, it's best to take a slightly more conservative line, your corner exit speeds will improve dramatically.
You made me think about if I struggle with blind corners and I can think of many blind corners that I don't struggle with. That is until I thought about elevation and realized I struggle with blind corners with elevation. This is an issue on a lot of tracks. Also, I feel like my corner exit speeds are usually okay but my corner entry and apex speeds are down. This is something I do all the time in the analysis in my driving over the last year. I'll take your comments into consideration but I have a lot of issues with being conservative and fast, especially if I feel the less conservative way has more speed.

Mount Panorama is the track that I have raced at most without ever winning. Until now, in my 59th race at the place

Started 6th. Up to 5th at the end of the 1st lap, after a grey megane served a penalty. Sliplstreamed past a Nissan on the 1st straight, so 4th. Pink Megan crashed throgh the twistymountain bit, so 3rd at the end of lap2, but 3 seconds off the lead. Grey Megane on my tail.

Last lap - 2nd placed car hits the wall all on his own, and I get past at the top of the mountain. Grey megane on my tail is not so lucky, and this buys me enough time to think a safe 2nd is mine. Gap to leader is still 2.7s .Exit of Last corner, and inexplicably the leader hits the wall on the inside, and I drag past him on the run to the line.

1st win at this track and clean race bonus. Rather unexpected, after starting down in 6th.

Okay, really confused on SR. Race C, about 4 wall brushes on inside of turns, one incident where I clipped the back of the guy who spun out in front of me, no SR down notices all race and . . . Neutral SR? I understand when it is close racing and there is bumping, but I ran 4 laps with no other car in sight? Okay. Have it that way.

I haven't had much time GTS recently, but have done some hot lapping on the dailies over the weekend.

Race A - 1:05.309. I'm normally more competitive with the road cars, but really not feeling the Dodge. I like the track though.
Race B - 2:13.934 in the FF Megane. Obviously a meta car here, but I enjoy it at this track. I've prolly got a low 2:13 in me if I can put the sectors together.
Race C - 2:14.184 in the Ford GT LM car. The hairpin is really annoying! Throttle control out of corners is one of my weaker areas and it shows up more in the wet. I've made a point of not turning on TCS to get better at throttle control. I was in the low 2:15s for ages and starting to get bit frustrated, but then put in the 2:14 fastest lap to improve by over a second.

Sunday morning. Mixed SR racing :/ The dirtiest Canadian was in my last race. He didn't interfere with me at least and won the race after the people in front of him mysteriously ended up with penalties. I finished 2nd with fastest lap and 15 positions gained, had no desire to pass him. I was the only one in the room without a red dot. Mr dirty left with a red B. There was also a wall rider in the race who left with a red C.

Seeing him again inspired me to look up how he's doing, he's actually getting worse
I377Scz.jpg

Fast dirty driver, only playing to win at all cost. PD stop putting this guy in my races!

I'm looking forward to this week's races.

Should be a couple of easy wins on the American servers, and at the very least, a handful of podiums on the EU side of things. Fuji is gonna be goooooood.

Let's see if we can finally get El_Beardo_Grande a quali time inside the top 500, by the end of the week.

I'm a dirty dirty sell out.

I raced the Scirocco around the mountain one more time this afternoon. Was an OK race - P11 > P8 but twice around I nailed Forest and Hell to get nice up and close behind the Megane in front, only to feel like I was driving in treacle... Seriously... I was in the tow and still going backwards!

So I played the hypocrite card. At the very least I have a livery for it.

Dropped my QT by 2 secs... That's TWO SECONDS at the first time of asking...
Started P5 and seemingly vindicated the decision by destroying the F-Types in P3&4 between Hell and Griffin...

So yeah... I sheated... Sheat happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back