"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new week of races fast approaches so here's a little guide for the upcoming daily race C at Fuji in group 1.

Spoiler....its going to be 1 make race...find out why in the vid.

Also daily race B should be fun as the track is fantastic!!

Great video. Lots of really good info there. Glad to hear the TS050 is doing well there. That was my favorite car to drive around le Sarthe a couple weeks ago.

I don't often complain about penalties and SR anymore, but WOW, Race C at Tokyo this week is waaaaaaaaaaay too sensitive.

I ran a bunch of races from the back, no qualy, and was having some success finding my pace and finishing in the top 5, but not without a few minor incidents here and there each race. Rarely was there any contact that slowed anyone down, and if there was I never took the position, but it seems like even close and clean racing with the smallest amount of "rubbing" is yielding strict penalties and heavy SR downs. I found myself in SR-A land for one race last night. I finally decided to run one qualy lap just to get out of the backfield and salvage my SR. Pulled a 2:13.2 with the Huracan and was happy enough with that. Ran 2 or 3 races from near the front of the grid and was still only gaining a few SR each race despite having some very clean races with only one or two bumps each time.

Anyway, made it back up to 87 or something like that before calling it quits. I'll have to run another couple races before FIA this week if I want to be in the right lobbies.

Shoutout to @Voodoovaj, we had one great race yesterday and while I think we've been in some of the same races before, that may have been the first time we've battled it out. We each made one whoopsie when attempting overtakes, but the impact was minimal and I think we had a fair fight that went back and forth for several laps. Great race man. It's not easy to stay clean on that course any time, let alone in the wet.

edit: also, never raced in wet weather before in any game. so we'll call yesterday an adjustment period :D

I don't often complain about penalties and SR anymore, but WOW, Race C at Tokyo this week is waaaaaaaaaaay too sensitive.

I ran a bunch of races from the back, no qualy, and was having some success finding my pace and finishing in the top 5, but not without a few minor incidents here and there each race. Rarely was there any contact that slowed anyone down, and if there was I never took the position, but it seems like even close and clean racing with the smallest amount of "rubbing" is yielding strict penalties and heavy SR downs. I found myself in SR-A land for one race last night. I finally decided to run one qualy lap just to get out of the backfield and salvage my SR. Pulled a 2:13.2 with the Huracan and was happy enough with that. Ran 2 or 3 races from near the front of the grid and was still only gaining a few SR each race despite having some very clean races with only one or two bumps each time.

Anyway, made it back up to 87 or something like that before calling it quits. I'll have to run another couple races before FIA this week if I want to be in the right lobbies.

Shoutout to @Voodoovaj, we had one great race yesterday and while I think we've been in some of the same races before, that may have been the first time we've battled it out. We each made one whoopsie when attempting overtakes, but the impact was minimal and I think we had a fair fight that went back and forth for several laps. Great race man. It's not easy to stay clean on that course any time, let alone in the wet.

edit: also, never raced in wet weather before in any game. so we'll call yesterday an adjustment period :D
Yeah, I want to quit grumbling about SR but having struggles getting back to normal no matter how clean I race. Did weasel back to A again but a super clean race C did only yield 5 SR. Had 2 clean races last night with only 1 issue being a first turn missile pile up that I avoided so had some nice respectful racing. It was nice despite the points struggles

I've done my last with Race C for the week. Just raced someone who was so desperate to finish 4th he weaved, blocked (including doing a Fraga) and brake tested (incurring me a penalty) me for at least three laps before I got by and away by which time the front three were long gone. I don't mind defensive driving but just being stupid about it defeats the object. As it happened the guy in third lost ten seconds on the last lap so if **** for brains hadn't held things up he'd still have had his 4th (instead of 5th) and I'd have been on the podium again.

So just the 6 races this week. 4,500+ DR and 8 SR gained. Only made 330k Cr. and spent 900k on cars. Bugger.

Pretty damn good. I probably couldn't match that unless I had medium tires. :lol:
Went for one quick lap before bed

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191006220307.jpg

It occurs to me that if this race isn't at 15:10 or whatever the time is I'm going to be lost. Oh well. I look forward to racing with everyone at St. Croix next week. Give me a friendly toot as I go past you:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191006220854.jpg

I have a question for you all. This isn't relating to Daily Races, but because I love you all, I thought I'd ask here.
When it comes to making car liveries, would you count that as graphic design, or any other form of design, or not design at all? :dunce:
I suppose all answers to your question will be subjective.
I wouldn't go with design, unless you're drawing out a plan for your livery before you start it, based on definition alone.

de·sign
/dəˈzīn/

noun
  1. a plan or drawing produced to show the look and function or workings of a building, garment, or other object before it is built or made.
I'd got with art, considering those same terms.

art
/ärt/

noun
  1. the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
Are you writing a resume?

I suppose all answers to your question will be subjective.
I wouldn't go with design, unless you're drawing out a plan for your livery before you start it, based on definition alone.

de·sign
/dəˈzīn/

noun
  1. a plan or drawing produced to show the look and function or workings of a building, garment, or other object before it is built or made.
I'd got with art, considering those same terms.

art
/ärt/

noun
  1. the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
Are you writing a resume?
.. Maybe. And I might be working on a portfolio.

I kinda want to see what happens when pole forces a standing start for everyone. However I don't qualify so no chance of doing that. Standing start on Tokyo would be fun to watch and might top a standing start on Monza :lol:

Ok, sorry about making generalizations in this PC world we have today, but you could have left my clean race in place :)
nC5gKnv.jpg

Had 2 more after that, in a row even. Unfortunately the mixed SR room this morning quickly reset my 'streak'
I think you passed me for this third place. SVennJ or something like that yea? I remember this livery. We had a couple clean races together.

I'm looking forward to this week's races.

Should be a couple of easy wins on the American servers.

Unless you bump into me. :D

Wait, bump drafting gives the car ahead an SR down. Why in the world is that a thing!?

Just had a Megane bump drafting me down the straights at Bathurst and my otherwise clean race gave me a red SR at the end.

I get an SR down whether I'm bumping or getting bumped. :boggled:

A double pass so clean, this site will mark your post as cheating. :lol:

More accurate now. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A new week of races fast approaches so here's a little guide for the upcoming daily race C at Fuji in group 1.

Spoiler....its going to be 1 make race...find out why in the vid.

Also daily race B should be fun as the track is fantastic!!

Thank you so much for putting this information into video format...

I had previously tested some Gr.1 cars and the Toyota is ridiculously overpowered with those settings.. I won't do race C next week because I'm not interested in driving the car...

Same thing happened last time race C was at Le Mans.... It seems PD can't be bothered anymore

EGPXgxaUYAIYM4T

370bhp? That's it? 1417kg? No wonder. I was wondering why is this Slophy still on my tail going up Mountain Straight. I was in a tow as well.

My Atenza has 409bhp/1380kg. I also wondered why some cars weren't really pulling away from me, like I thought they would.

The saving grace for the 458, are those gear ratios and Final Gear. Going to try the 458 GT3 before the new races.

Racing in the rain was too much fun. I injured my back last Sunday so basically had nothing else to do all week but race to keep my mind of it and let it heal. And race I did. I estimate I've driven over 6,000 miles this week at Tokyo in the rain.
bL2oqpr.jpg

DR quickly adjusted to my average finishing position of 5.5 (with average starting position of 13.8)
ejNuxo5.jpg

Last Sunday (654) to Tomorrow (662)

Monday I started with the Huracan and got 6 victories during the day. Then I went on to try all GR.3 cars during the next couple days which made my DR go down a bit. Most FR cars weren't very good at Tokyo, yet all were fun to drive in the rain. Then I tried the meta Ford on Friday and got one more victory and my first clean race bonus in the rain. I tried racing a couple other cars again yet settled back on the Huracan. Not the fastest however more fun to drive than the Ford and it can beat those Fords as long as you can catch the slipstream.

Saturday an early victory, couple second places, couple fastest laps and clean race bonus in the Huracan, then a2 in a row in the evening. Today I tried to top that. I got an isolated one early and then a record clean streak. 3 in a row!
tqHIWJW.jpg

It was looking good for a 4th until this happened
FYYSGSi.gif

A car on my inside, 2 cars trying to out brake each other coming in hot from behind, and another car behind that. Completely boxed in with a double dive coming from behind. No chance to survive that, 5 sec penalty for colliding with another car.

So many great passes, so many great races, so many penalties!
TfpbpaI.gif
R2UrgR4.gif

The penalty zone was definitely responsible for at least half of my position gains :lol:

I can't wait for more rain. Nordschleife and Sarthe pretty please. I did drive at Bathurst for a bit, yet it felt so dry and mundane after racing in the rain! (plus 3 laps GR.4, not worth it) I'll see if I can get into Saint-Croix dry next week. At least it's a new track.

Many thanks to all the great drivers on Tokyo this week :gtpflag:
I've probably seen you all on the track at some point since I pretty much lived there last week.

I chose to spend my time at Bathurst. I set a miserable QT for Tokyo, but I couldn't commit SR suicide. So, how was it on the mountain?

Damn, no wonder my lap times were so slow. Missed out on this proper entry strategy to the Esses.

Edit: also was committed to Bathurst for the week. Refused to use the Megane, and instead went with the F-Type primarily. Settled for a 2:14.2 quali time with a 2:13.4 optimal. Although it could’ve easily been someone else who set my lap times because Sunday I was consistently around a second slower through sector 2 on all my laps while improving on the other sectors. Didn’t have my quali time lap saved so I could’t figure out what lost me so much speed comparatively.

Bathurst was loads of fun even though I was clawing for dear life to hold onto my DR and SR ratings. Looking forward to some breathing room at St. Croix tomorrow!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back