Status
Not open for further replies.
86/BRZ Cup 07:00 SH

Edit: Well that sucks. My Optimal was a 2:11.991

EGQdy6FU0AIMy3r

Last edited:
Love this layout
EGQgbleUwAAnZ1S

Edit: Already I see Race B is going to be a problem.
EGQlK-QUEAIlJNK

The WRX finished ahead of me. I swapped spots with the Supra as we all could see the first 3 cars going 3-wide into every corner. However, This is a momentum track, you break that and you lose rhythm & slipstream. Us in the top six, broke away from the pack and finished within 3 -4 seconds.

That WRX has good handling. It's like a Mother Chassis GT300 car among the other "GT3" cars.

Edit: Did an 11 flat in the Atenza and quit the start. I'll wait...
EGQpu78U0AAtvkA

Last edited:
Wait, bump drafting gives the car ahead an SR down. Why in the world is that a thing!?

Just had a Megane bump drafting me down the straights at Bathurst and my otherwise clean race gave me a red SR at the end.

Yup! I was on the tail of another car coming into the right hand kink on Conrod and intentionally eased off because I was so close to his tail I thought I may inadvertently give him an SR down. It was happening to me all week.

As for my week, I actually enjoyed Bathurst for the first time ever and I'm not ashamed to admit that I used the Gr4 Megane. Good car for the job so why not? I was a little annoyed with myself though. After day 1 qualification I figured there was time somewhere in the 13's for me. I set a 2:14:07 mid way thought the week and on Sunday in a pre-race lap I was .3 secs ahead of it coming into the last turn when the timer ran out.:banghead:

Region Rank Time Region Gap % Track
3705 2:14.007 2.388 Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit

I've got a couple of clips that I want to edit, will try tonight. I know that we'll all have moved onto next weeks events but they were a real sign of best and worst race behaviour.

I chose to spend my time at Bathurst. I set a miserable QT for Tokyo, but I couldn't commit SR suicide. So, how was it on the mountain?

Satire, right? :lol:

That's why I tend to be a bit more conservative through Skyline... Picked up many places in the p.zone down Conrod as everyone else enjoyed going full bore over the top and into a wall.

Easily the best configuration of St Croix. Also brought up win 600, which was nice.
View attachment 856048

Who... who... who even are you? :bowdown:

Early P2 in EMEA with a 1:23.374 at Fuji. The R18 is a difficult car here because of the hybrid system. It's going to run out of boost at some point down the S/F straight, and your laptime is largely dependent on where it runs out. So that's an extra thing to worry about while driving an LMP1 car. :lol:

A cheeky one to finish the week at race C, I had been chasing these two for 5 laps and getting nowhere but caught a backmarker on lap 5 which gave a huge tow to get within the magic 1.5s, on lap 6 this happened:

blimey that Huracan hangs on well around T1 doesn't it.
After a week on flitting between the AMG GT (solid on corners - crap on straights), Ford GT (obviously), McLaren BMW F1 whatever it's called... and then only last night i thought i'd try the Peugeot... man, that thing was great... got my fastest qualy of 2:13.3xx and race laps always in 2:13/2:14's aside from the obligatory 5 second pens every race :banghead:
See you soon Tokyo.. it's been emotional.

Great video. Lots of really good info there. Glad to hear the TS050 is doing well there. That was my favorite car to drive around le Sarthe a couple weeks ago.

Glad you liked the video

Thank you so much for putting this information into video format...

I had previously tested some Gr.1 cars and the Toyota is ridiculously overpowered with those settings.. I won't do race C next week because I'm not interested in driving the car...

Same thing happened last time race C was at Le Mans.... It seems PD can't be bothered anymore

Thanks

Yeah seems a bit of Toyota bias in group 1. I did see the 6 hours of fuji was whis weekend and toyota dominated so least it's true to life lol

Whilst the TS050 is the best car for the race it seems the audi and Porsche can qualify better going by the leaderboards.

Hi there! My first post here! It took me some time to find an active place that discusses GT Sport! I've been reading for a week now and finally signed up!

So, first of all, I wanted to say that I've bought my PS4 pro only a month or so ago and GT was the first and pretty much the only game I've played since then. I love it.

On the Daily Race B, I've had a lot of fun and some very frustrating moments due to the penalty system. I started off with the Porsche and couldn't get a time below 2:24. Then I tried the damn Megane and jumped to 2:20 wow but I don't actually like the car. I then moved on to THE JAG and got a 2:17! I was so happy!

Of course, I've never been remotely close to a victory and my best position was a 5th place. My DR is only D but my SR has been S pretty much all the time. And here is my complaint about matchmaking, the game keeps putting me with people qualified with laps around 2:12, 2:13... so no chance for me there lol.

I don't know exactly how matchmaking works on GT Sport but there shouldn't be this huge difference between drivers. I'm just a beginner and I should play with them.

On the penalty system, I'm driving in my line, the natural line and the guys try to overtake my going down the mountains on Mount Panorama. They of course hit me and if they hit the wall I get a penalty. That's absurd. This is so basic, if I following a line and not changing directions and the guy behind hits me what can I do??

Anyway, I hope to meet some of you guys on GT Sport!

Greetings from Brazil =)

Edit: btw, my username here is the same on GT.

Which one did you run? The VisionGT suited me best for this track with the Citroën GTByCitroën, followed by the RCZ.
I ran the Citroën too, went very well on the wet track, easier to keep out of the wall than some cars - I only saw one other the whole week though!

It could get past the Ford on the main straight with a tow, and was definitely faster through the twisty bits. I finished in the top 6 every race, highest position was a 2nd - didn't see anything win other than the Ford in any of my races...

Hi there! My first post here! It took me some time to find an active place that discusses GT Sport! I've been reading for a week now and finally signed up!

So, first of all, I wanted to say that I've bought my PS4 pro only a month or so ago and GT was the first and pretty much the only game I've played since then. I love it.

On the Daily Race B, I've had a lot of fun and some very frustrating moments due to the penalty system. I started off with the Porsche and couldn't get a time below 2:24. Then I tried the damn Megane and jumped to 2:20 wow but I don't actually like the car. I then moved on to THE JAG and got a 2:17! I was so happy!

Of course, I've never been remotely close to a victory and my best position was a 5th place. My DR is only D but my SR has been S pretty much all the time. And here is my complaint about matchmaking, the game keeps putting me with people qualified with laps around 2:12, 2:13... so no chance for me there lol.

I don't know exactly how matchmaking works on GT Sport but there shouldn't be this huge difference between drivers. I'm just a beginner and I should play with them.

On the penalty system, I'm driving in my line, the natural line and the guys try to overtake my going down the mountains on Mount Panorama. They of course hit me and if they hit the wall I get a penalty. That's absurd. This is so basic, if I following a line and not changing directions and the guy behind hits me what can I do??

Greetings from Brazil =)

welcome to GTP.. regardless of the inevitable head banging moments you'll encounter whilst racing online... you can be sure that you always find an answer and help to improve on here.
The penalty system is flawed and there are people who will take advantage of that, whilst in the main we're all out there to try and get round the track without causing havoc and enjoy racing. So, you can imagine with the amount of people in each region racing you're going to come across every possible version of what people interpret as racing - hence we have this forum and it's great. My school of thought is in the main... don't have any expectations of what might happen in a race and whatever happens... draw a line under it and move to the next one.
With regard to the matchmaking system, it is overall pretty good, but there will be times when there aren't enough people entered in a race to have all racers at the same DR/SR level... so it will always go for the SR matching before the DR.. hence the mixture of abilities. You also have people who have created 2nd accounts, so even though they are D/S they may have another account where they are A+ and so their racing ability is far higher than their DR suggests.
Anyway.. back to work for me... enjoy this place, it's great :gtpflag:

Greetings from Brazil =)

Welcome to The Planet and to GT in general.

Don't worry about being matched with faster drivers. If you hang around long enough eventually you'll be a faster driver yourself. Then you'll be matched with even faster drivers.:rolleyes:

As for the penalty system, you are absolutely correct in saying that it's faulty but you have to do at least 500 online races and see at least 5 updateds "fixing" the system before you earn a rant.:gtpflag:

I chose to spend my time at Bathurst. I set a miserable QT for Tokyo, but I couldn't commit SR suicide. So, how was it on the mountain?

I think I spotted 6" of wall that you haven't hit yet.... :P

I did a few offline endurance races (custom races) at the mount in GT6 'coz it's the only AU circuit in game, got to know it fairly well. It has stood me in good stead both times it's appeared in dailies since I started doing them, despite the differences between GT6 and GTS.

Chasing my optimal at St. Croix :banghead: Down to a 2:08.3 in the NSX but optimal says I can do a 07.8. I think the Huracan might be a challenge for the GTR around here.
And here's me thinking I'm doing well to get down from 21.x to 13.175. I'm thinking I've got a few more laps to do before I jump out of QT and go for a race.
Edit: the 13.175 was an R8 which (at the time) was one of the cars being used by top ten drivers in Oceania. It has since disappeared. I have subsequently posted a 2:13.4xx in an AMG Merc (one of my go to cars) which is so much more satisfying :D

Last edited:
And here's me thinking I'm doing well to get down from 21.x to 13.175. I'm thinking I've got a few more laps to do before I jump out of QT and go for a race.

Have you considered what I do yet? I have a % of region best cut off that I have to reach before being "good enough" to race. As I've improved my racing so too the % has increased so a few months back 4 or 5% of region pole was OK. Then it was sub 4%. Currently it's between 1.5 and 3% with an optimum of 2.5%. Basically I can see what all the crazy folk who stay up 'till 4 am are getting (@Mistah_MCA :D) but I can only really judge by Q times with my own previous races. So, if your last 4 races you were at +2% of region best you'll know (+/- .5%) when you are ready to race St Croix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back