"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest problem all week in race C is fast guys that don't qualify.
They are passing in stupid places dive bombing & generally being a menace because they see a clean pass taking too much time & they may only get 4th instead of 5th after starting out in back.
I'm getting spun, tapped to go wide & having to survive while one of there idiots decides to pass on a corner that is low percentage at best.
Then they have the nerve to call you out after the race for holding them up.

I'm a DR B & sometimes A so these A+ & S rated guys assume they have a right to just barge past, it's maddening!

I generally try to give room but that usually ends up with me losing a bunch of time, so from now on with no Q guys I'm driving like verstappen & not cutting these guys any slack.

With the lack of penalties they have been getting for bullying people off the track they just don't care about anyone else.
I haven't come across many this time at the Ring, last time it was in the daily's it was a problem, 3rd time I came across them I put in hello msge "no qualification- no respect" and when they're trying to draft bump or overtaking in stupid places I brake checked or nudged them.
Yes you're fast but don't drive like a w anchor !

I ran a race B now with a German guy saying in the greeting: please drive clean and fair, penalty is offline.
Then in the race he barges by me to gain a position and I see him push the guy ahead too. Then he runs off in a spin. And does it all again going back up. He qualified in 5 and ended in 6.
When I call him dirty he says "yes, I know". And then "like Mario Card".
I hope he goes back to Mario Cart, because he sure can't handle himself in a race. Being fast in qualify is not race pace.

Last edited:
I ran a race B now with a German guy saying in the greeting: please drive clean and fair, penalty is offline.
Then in the race he barges by me to gain a position and I see him push the guy ahead too. Then he runs off in a spin. And does it all again going back up. He qualified in 5 and ended in 6.
When I call him dirty he says "yes, I know". And then "like Mario Card".
I hope he goes back to Mario Cart, because he sure can't handle himself in a race. Being fast in qualify is not race pace.

so he's proud of himself being a dirty driver? next race you see him just smash his car 1st corner maybe he will learn not to mess with you

I have complained a fair bit on here about dirty drivers so in order to bring balance to the force I would like to report my best race on Lago Maggiore Race B AND courteous driving from another racer. He hit me in the rear in the braking zone and then backed off so that he didn't gain a position as a result.

Pole position
Race Win
Fastest Lap

Happy again because since I bought my PS4 Pro in November I have won at every track on Race B apart from the very first week.

so he's proud of himself being a dirty driver? next race you see him just smash his car 1st corner maybe he will learn not to mess with you
He was proud yes. Well, I wanted to run him off, but I am not going to. I will just be careful if I see him and move when he tries,so he can run himself off.

I have only done about 7 or 8 races this week in race a but the people I raced against were mostly clean and courteous. The only time it got rough was when I had a bad start and got swamped by cars into t1, so my fault for putting myself in that position really.

This is in lobbies with sr s and mixed dr. A+ to B. It’s much easier to get a clean race bonus with the new penalty updates, i’m on a streak of 13 atm.

My biggest problem all week in race C is fast guys that don't qualify.
They are passing in stupid places dive bombing & generally being a menace because they see a clean pass taking too much time & they may only get 4th instead of 5th after starting out in back.
I'm getting spun, tapped to go wide & having to survive while one of there idiots decides to pass on a corner that is low percentage at best.
Then they have the nerve to call you out after the race for holding them up.

I'm a DR B & sometimes A so these A+ & S rated guys assume they have a right to just barge past, it's maddening!

I generally try to give room but that usually ends up with me losing a bunch of time, so from now on with no Q guys I'm driving like verstappen & not cutting these guys any slack.

With the lack of penalties they have been getting for bullying people off the track they just don't care about anyone else.
Is this about me or Sven? :lol:

I think most people starting at the back are considerate. You try to leave an extra margin to the backmarkers because they can be unpredictable but sometimes that isn't enough. You can be fully alongside and they still don't see you when they take up their usual line, that's not the faster cars problem. Everybody needs to be aware of their surroundings.

This latest update is a shocking slap in the face. Even if it were a mistake, it is a shocking slap in the face to not issue an immediate apology. Seeing as I have not read or seen any apology, I can only assume this is an intentional change.

It's PD saying "here you go cry babies!! How do you like it now?" Which is a terrible way to deal with some actually good ideas and good feedback from the people that give your paycheck a reason to exist.
You could not have said it better. After 2 brutal FIA races last night I think I'm going to give consistent GT Sport play a break and try and finish Horizon Zero Dawn. Someone let me know when the penalties have been fixed.

I think most people starting at the back are considerate. You try to leave an extra margin to the backmarkers because they can be unpredictable but sometimes that isn't enough. You can be fully alongside and they still don't see you when they take up their usual line, that's not the faster cars problem. Everybody needs to be aware of their surroundings.

No names, no names LOL. :D
Awareness is not the problem, I have rear view & radar on at all times, the problem is trying to go side by side 3 corners so the pass can be completed, in a GR3 or 4 car no problem, but this thing is hard to keep pointed in the right direction just trying to go fast by myself, side by side 3 or 4 corners & the possibility of a mistake that causes a crash is very high because this car just smells the grass & your spinning off.

To solve my problem (to keep front of car actually in front) it's best for all just to fight for the corner & weave around to force a pass in braking zone or by drafting instead of going offline & raising the possibility of a crash dramatically because I'm trying to stay out of the way.

Now you A+ & S drivers may be able to pull this stuff off no problem but I've only reached S in SR not DR, I'm quick but not fast.

A couple of days ago, I posted a comment about how I had watched a 2yo video of Lightning qualifying at Suzuka on a Gr.3 RCZ..
Well, here's the video:

But what I want to focus on right now is the constant adjustment of the brake balance..

He does it at almost every corner.. Some changes I understand, but others are a complete mystery for me..
Like it makes sense to put it on +3 for the first sector to get more rotation on the twisty esses...
It also makes sense to put it on -2 on the chicane to stop the rear from stepping out on the curbs, but why on earth would you put it on 0 for dagner 1 and 2?
And why -2 at the hairpin? Wouldn't you want as much rotation as possible there?

No, this is a certain type of racer.
At the Ring fast guy with no qual gets podium or close & does it all night, bully & push their way through the field, very little race craft. Pretty sure you's don't drive like that :)

No names, no names LOL. :D
Awareness is not the problem, I have rear view & radar on at all times, the problem is trying to go side by side 3 corners so the pass can be completed, in a GR3 or 4 car no problem, but this thing is hard to keep pointed in the right direction just trying to go fast by myself, side by side 3 or 4 corners & the possibility of a mistake that causes a crash is very high because this car just smells the grass & your spinning off.

To solve my problem (to keep front of car actually in front) it's best for all just to fight for the corner & weave around to force a pass in braking zone or by drafting instead of going offline & raising the possibility of a crash dramatically because I'm trying to stay out of the way.

Now you A+ & S drivers may be able to pull this stuff off no problem but I've only reached S in SR not DR, I'm quick but not fast.
I'm guessing it's the sections which Google says are Hocheneichen to Aremberg and Bergwerk to just before Caracciola-Karussell you're having most of these side by side moments, they're both good overtaking opportunities because you get a good tow but they're barely wide enough for side by side racing with proper meaty kinks. If you're behind somebody there you have to try for the pass, if you don't the chances are you will be run over from behind.

Everywhere else should be pretty regular overtakes where the faster cars can send it up the inside like a normal track.

Gosh, I don't know how anyone could be getting clean racing this week. Before they broke SR I was sitting around 37,000 DR. So now that everyone is sitting at 99 SR, I'm getting matched with people who are relatively fast but have no respect for anyone. Turn 2 Hairpin at Maggiore, I'm fully on the kerb, just barely within the track limits, someone still takes the inside and brushes across my side. The first bit of the esses on the same circuit, again, fully on the kerb, I get dive-bombed by someone who is definitely not within track limits, and they use my car to slow themselves down. This has happened reliably every lap I've done of that race this week. No penalties, no SR Down. I'm not the best at Maggiore, but my DR has dropped to 25,000 just this week. This is like some nightmare where I've suddenly found myself playing Forza Motorsport 3 online for the first time in nearly a decade. I probably won't even bother next week.

Yesterday, I did a few more runs at DTS
IMG_20200113_124007.jpg

I have a feeling top times will be 43s. I'm all good with it. Found myself making more time by easing off the brakes at corner entry. Will be interesting how I & the Slopra go later today. Can't wait.

Also, can't wait for FIA Nations at Brands Hatch. The car felt real good in a practice Lobby. Logged 5000kms since the Supra joined Gr.4 in December. Now, just need that official GT4 car.

Yesterday, I did a few more runs at DTS
View attachment 881297

I have a feeling top times will be 43s. I'm all good with it. Found myself making more time by easing off the brakes at corner entry. Will be interesting how I & the Slopra go later today. Can't wait.

Also, can't wait for FIA Nations at Brands Hatch. The car felt real good in a practice Lobby. Logged 5000kms since the Supra joined Gr.4 in December. Now, just need that official GT4 car.

I did a couple of lobby races at DT today. My race pace is low 48s right now in the F-type. I raced against a couple of Meganes that were faster through the first half but not as great in the second half.

What car were the top times posted with last time? If KP shows you that, I can't figure it out. (FWIW, fastest time was like 1:44.3xx last time around).

I did a couple of lobby races at DT today. My race pace is low 48s right now in the F-type. I raced against a couple of Meganes that were faster through the first half but not as great in the second half.

What car were the top times posted with last time? If KP shows you that, I can't figure it out. (FWIW, fastest time was like 1:44.3xx last time around).

Lambo and Jag I believe.

I don't mean for this to be a flex, but sometimes I hate starting from Pole so much. People love to use you as brakes at Lago Maggiore. I just started, so I'm only B so far, so hopefully the driving gets cleaner in higher ranks, because I know it will fix the 'starting on pole too much' issue on its own :lol:

Sidenote, I notice everyone tends to use the Toyota or the 911, but I use the Corvette, mostly because it's the only Gr. 3 I actually own. Is it solid or am I torturing myself?

I don't mean for this to be a flex, but sometimes I hate starting from Pole so much. People love to use you as brakes at Lago Maggiore. I just started, so I'm only B so far, so hopefully the driving gets cleaner in higher ranks, because I know it will fix the 'starting on pole too much' issue on its own :lol:

Sidenote, I notice everyone tends to use the Toyota or the 911, but I use the Corvette, mostly because it's the only Gr. 3 I actually own. Is it solid or am I torturing myself?
It's the same old "use what you're comfortable using". Many times, people use those fast cars and can't handle tyhem and get way out of shape over a race. I simply don't use the RSR because it doesn't sound exciting. :sly:

A couple of days ago, I posted a comment about how I had watched a 2yo video of Lightning qualifying at Suzuka on a Gr.3 RCZ..
Well, here's the video:

But what I want to focus on right now is the constant adjustment of the brake balance..

He does it at almost every corner.. Some changes I understand, but others are a complete mystery for me..
Like it makes sense to put it on +3 for the first sector to get more rotation on the twisty esses...
It also makes sense to put it on -2 on the chicane to stop the rear from stepping out on the curbs, but why on earth would you put it on 0 for dagner 1 and 2?
And why -2 at the hairpin? Wouldn't you want as much rotation as possible there?

+ bb for trail breaking, - bb for stronger and more stable braking. I think he doesn't trailbreak in to the hairpins, because otherwise he would get oversteer while getting on the power. But I'm not 100% sure.

That other Supra in the pic above, were side by side and he starts stoping me in my right door before T2/3 Chicane. Bumps me off in the braking zone. I says at the end, "I'll play dirty too." Hope to see that player next race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back