"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This week was great for me!

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200112094224.jpg

That was the 15th 3-star lights-to-flag victory in as many races. Got two birds with one stone, both the 91 win and 15 clean race achievements :D My Q time held up really well on the leaderboard, giving me my best ever result and first ever top 5 finish:

Στιγμιότυπο 2020-01-13, 11.25.28.png
(@Milouse, this seems to be glitched :odd:)

DR went up from 70514 to 73406 in the process :cheers:

Wait, what's the car used for the A race?
The Alfa 4C :)

That other Supra in the pic above, were side by side and he starts stoping me in my right door before T2/3 Chicane. Bumps me off in the braking zone. I says at the end, "I'll play dirty too." Hope to see that player next race.
That race was pretty hectic I got caught in a sandwich between the dirty guys on the last lap and they both tried to bounce me not realising the other one was on the other side, one spun on the inside and the other went off on the outside and I didn't get penalised which was a big surprise

That race was pretty hectic I got caught in a sandwich between the dirty guys on the last lap and they both tried to bounce me not realising the other one was on the other side, one spun on the inside and the other went off on the outside and I didn't get penalised which was a big surprise
I got done twice for track limits, too much inside entry curb into the CoD. Last race was better. Three of smashed into the the CoD.

Last week Race B worked pretty decent for me - a bunch of 3d and 2d places and two victories. The second win was pretty intense - started 4th and beat 3d and 2d in the first lap or so due to their mistakes. Was following the leader for the whole race always around half a second behind him. Last lap he makes a mistake at the esses before the long straight with the chicane*, so I overtake him at speed and defend for half a lap and win with 0.2 margin.
Unfortunately, the absence of penalties meant increase in the amount of aggressive driver. I got at least two good chances to win the race stripped away without any repercussions for the offenders which makes racing pointless.
Even when I got bumped away from top-5 positions before the update I was able to catch up for a decent position. Now you are being pushed back step by step from 1st to 5th to 13th to 16th, racing against mad guys who could have never been in SR S before.

As someone who loves one-make races and dragon trail I'll try those dailies but if this madness continues I'll wait until the fix.
Some of your comments saying you are still getting clean races gives me hope, so let's see how this will work out.

I don't mean for this to be a flex, but sometimes I hate starting from Pole so much. People love to use you as brakes at Lago Maggiore. I just started, so I'm only B so far, so hopefully the driving gets cleaner in higher ranks, because I know it will fix the 'starting on pole too much' issue on its own :lol:

Sidenote, I notice everyone tends to use the Toyota or the 911, but I use the Corvette, mostly because it's the only Gr. 3 I actually own. Is it solid or am I torturing myself?

Starting on pole is really stressful, especially now. You need to make sure no one can get closer than one second to you, otherwise they can easily reach you on chicane or turn one and push you.

Edit:
I also plan to dedicate myself to time trials more, so if anyone want to compare times I'd be glad to add you. None of my friends play GTS so my leaderboard is pretty lonely right now. My PSN name is cosmicosme.

Edit 2:
*Hairpin. I meant hairpin

Last edited:
I got at least two good chances to win the race stripped away without any repercussions for the offenders
It was like that before the update too, except then you would get the penalty for colliding.

Edit: I have been in 4 race B this morning. One dirty, just one. And it was the same old usual suspect.
Another I was in third on last place going into the COD when the Jag behind tapped me and I hit the wall. That made me 8th and him 12th. But it wasn't dirty, just careless or he didn't know the difference between the cars. We had a civil conversation in post race chat about it.
So 75% clean, that's a good statistics in my book.

Slopra no more.

For those that don't know, don't care and don't mind, after three hours of racing, the Supra is competitive. I thought the Huracan would beat me up, but didn't happen. Supra has its measure. The Vantage, TT and RC F are more of a challenge. Their outright speed is a problem. However, following the Vantage, the Supra is stronger in braking and ess turns. In its tow, the time gap was a stalemate. The RC F just looks heavy, but it's a beast using mid-range power. TT corner exit acceleration hampers my exit when I was behind it.

I still advise anyone to spend time with it, before seriously wanting to be competitive.

EOJux7yUwAUp_DN.jpeg

I left too much room into the downhill hairpin. Lost positions.
EOJzZJEVUAE1pHg.jpeg

Last race of the evening. Was a sweet one.
EOJ4QKrUcAEdv9b.jpeg

Last edited:
Ran one Race B on my main and two on my US alt. I'm a bit out of practice so .... meh.
Had an odd experience in one of the alt races, got a mega punt from a car coming from way back in the hairpin before CoD, couldn't work out why it happened so watched the replay. Behaviour would suggest his DS4 battery ran flat.... before crash all good, after crash wouldn't change gears, didn't brake or brakes stuck on, throttle stuck on, all sorts of weird stuff, then he quit. Please guys 'n' gals, race plugged in or make sure you've got two bars of battery before every race.
I decided enough on my alt tonight, cruddy ping. If I'm not too tired after the kids go to bed and stop streaming the entire internet, I might give it another go.

Yep, knew there'd be TTs up there.
View attachment 881317

Times will definitely drop into the 43s.

Edit: Nice. Real nice. Viper didn't lose me. I'll post video, after this next race, of how the Supra faired versus the Viper. You can clearly see the differences.
View attachment 881319
View attachment 881320

This combo is good for me 👍

I've been running hotlaps on GR4 for the Time Trial with different cars, but used the Daily Race GRB at Lago Maggiore as a "warmup" beforehand. So, I can carry on doing "warmups" at Seaside for the next couple of days till the Time Trial switches over. :D

An excerpt from the article says that there are friends of the "beta time" of gt Sport, when playing the first online races in 2017, because this feature is coming back slowly, is it possible to bring more news, from that time to today? - ( Beta*)

This week was great for me!

View attachment 881341

That was the 15th 3-star lights-to-flag victory in as many races. Got two birds with one stone, both the 91 win and 15 clean race achievements :D My Q time held up really well on the leaderboard, giving me my best ever result and first ever top 5 finish:

View attachment 881342 (@Milouse, this seems to be glitched :odd:)

DR went up from 70514 to 73406 in the process :cheers:

The Alfa 4C :)

Good job. I couldn't stay with your ghost out of T2 and then again T4 you pulled a big gap on me. After that I wasn't too far off but no way I could replicate that S1. Also, I had a have a little left for the 5th gear left at the top of the esses, whereas you were flat.

What's the consensus on the GR4 Supra? I haven't really used it much other than the odd lobby race. I don't remember the HP/TQ graph well but it seemed like a car you must short shift like the GR3 version, is this true?

I got at least two good chances to win the race stripped away without any repercussions for the offenders which makes racing pointless.

I understand that sentiment. There does need to be a punishment in place for reckless driving.

An idea is to add penalty time at the end of the race (already done for not using required tyres) and an option to run a replay to show what the penalty was for. That way, people who become emotional over receiving a penalty during the race will less likely resort to retaliation.

There would be no need for penalty zones as well. Some of which can already be a hazard with their placement on tracks, ghost/unghost cars and in braking areas that make timed penalties kind of pointless.

An excerpt from the article says that there are friends of the "beta time" of gt Sport, when playing the first online races in 2017, because this feature is coming back slowly, is it possible to bring more news, from that time to today? - ( Beta*)
I have no idea what this even means, and I don't know exactly what you've understood by what I said in the article.

Race B and Race C are both combinations that also appeared in the closed and open Beta stages of the game in 2017. That's all.

The Beta wasn't a feature, it was a test of the game's online racing before the game launched. It isn't coming back, as the game is now actually out. There's no news on the Beta, because it finished more than two years ago.

I wish they chose gardens, I am sick of zzzzzzzeaside.

But I will force myself to do some races anyway.
I kinda agree with this. Whenever there's a track vote lobby, this always gets picked, and then half of the lobby is gone cause they get killed at the death chicane :lol:.

That being said, I do like DT as a daily (especially Gr.4). Seems like a good week to try to get my backup account up to a competitive DR level.

I still advise anyone to spend time with it, before seriously wanting to be competitive.

Well I'm afraid I didn't :P. I spent a few laps seeing if it was even bothering with for me ... I don't have 3 hours to waste on a car I'm only going to use for one race before moving on to a different car the next day :crazy:. I did a few laps to see if it was worth my time, decided that it was a lot more stable than it was when it was first released, almost caught up to @The_Tullster 's time, and hit the livery editor 👍. Came back and entered.. there was less than lap time before the race, so no more qualy.

I started P7/14 as the only Supra on the grid. The race was pandemonium. I dropped back to P10 after the first chicane. Got back to P8 before the final corner. I braked normally for the final corner, and the bloody thing just would not turn. I ended up in the sand, and finished lap 1 in P14. I managed to get though the next laps ok and by the time I got to the bus stop for the last time I was in P8... I exited in P13 :banghead:. I was not happy. I'm struggling to get the right line, *and* I have to lift. Usually Gr4 I can take the bus stop flat. I slammed into the orange wall on the inside of the exit.

SR blue, DR dropped 874. I hadn't reached my daily work out, so I did something rare, and entered again.

Second bite and I started P7/14. Again the only Supra.

The usual mayhem at the start with a bit of argy bargy. At the corner before esses another car spun me out and I dropped back to P13. I managed to stay on the track to go up to P9 on the final lap. The two cars in front were going at it, and slowed each other up at the bus stop. I approached cautiously, and as soon as I felt happy, jammed the throttle wide open and cruised past the two cars in front, held the final corner to finish P7.

Blue SR, DR went up 81. Another day above DR 1 :odd:.

First set of races for me at DT Seaside this week -- so that bus stop can be run full throttle, eh? Gonna take some practice for this guy over here, haha. I was giving a quick burst of brakes in the Jag to get the nose pointed the right direction to not hit that wall on the exit. I'll have to watch some of you fast guys do it, and then practice a bunch. The random dudes who ran joined my lobby yesterday weren't running it full speed either (but they weren't terribly fast).

I will say -- when you hit Sector 2 perfectly, it feels so smooth and nice. I'll also probably only get that feeling once a race if I'm lucky, haha.

First set of races for me at DT Seaside this week -- so that bus stop can be run full throttle, eh? Gonna take some practice for this guy over here, haha. I was giving a quick burst of brakes in the Jag to get the nose pointed the right direction to not hit that wall on the exit. I'll have to watch some of you fast guys do it, and then practice a bunch. The random dudes who ran joined my lobby yesterday weren't running it full speed either (but they weren't terribly fast).

I will say -- when you hit Sector 2 perfectly, it feels so smooth and nice. I'll also probably only get that feeling once a race if I'm lucky, haha.

Try a small lift, rather than braking. That's often enough just to get the car turned a bit more and give a little margin of error.

Good job. I couldn't stay with your ghost out of T2 and then again T4 you pulled a big gap on me. After that I wasn't too far off but no way I could replicate that S1. Also, I had a have a little left for the 5th gear left at the top of the esses, whereas you were flat.
Thanks :) T2 and T4 were very tricky in the Supra and caused more restarts than I care to admit :lol: As for the left at the top of the esses, I believe I carried a little less speed than usual through the right before it, so I was able to take it flat.

Well I'm afraid I didn't :P. I spent a few laps seeing if it was even bothering with for me ... I don't have 3 hours to waste on a car I'm only going to use for one race before moving on to a different car the next day :crazy:. I did a few laps to see if it was worth my time, decided that it was a lot more stable than it was when it was first released, almost caught up to @The_Tullster 's time, and hit the livery editor 👍. Came back and entered.. there was less than lap time before the race, so no more qualy.

I started P7/14 as the only Supra on the grid. The race was pandemonium. I dropped back to P10 after the first chicane. Got back to P8 before the final corner. I braked normally for the final corner, and the bloody thing just would not turn. I ended up in the sand, and finished lap 1 in P14. I managed to get though the next laps ok and by the time I got to the bus stop for the last time I was in P8... I exited in P13 :banghead:. I was not happy. I'm struggling to get the right line, *and* I have to lift. Usually Gr4 I can take the bus stop flat. I slammed into the orange wall on the inside of the exit.

SR blue, DR dropped 874. I hadn't reached my daily work out, so I did something rare, and entered again.

Second bite and I started P7/14. Again the only Supra.

The usual mayhem at the start with a bit of argy bargy. At the corner before esses another car spun me out and I dropped back to P13. I managed to stay on the track to go up to P9 on the final lap. The two cars in front were going at it, and slowed each other up at the bus stop. I approached cautiously, and as soon as I felt happy, jammed the throttle wide open and cruised past the two cars in front, held the final corner to finish P7.

Blue SR, DR went up 81. Another day above DR 1 :odd:.
Went online on the RacingGranpa account to try it again. Not so many cars so first attempt in the Aston, p13 to p12 after a short excursion to p6.
Then thought "why not" and jumped in the Mégane. P13 grid, a somewhat messy lap 1 where I was pushed up the rear of the driver ahead in t5 ( where he just ran another off) then a few overtakes and after a swipe through the COD where two other players crashed I had a lonely run to the finish as p5. Fast but boring car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back